Recovered/Located IL - Sergio Brown, 35, Former NFL Safety, his mom Myrtle Brown was found dead & he is missing, Maywood, 14 - 16 Sep 2023 *arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ESPN analyst Pat McAfee, Brown’s former teammate with the Colts, said on his Wednesday show that he knew Myrtle Brown and called her a “wonderful woman.”

“Sergio and I spent a lot of time together back in the day,” McAfee said. “I think I speak for everybody who played alongside Sergio and has been friends with Sergio the last couple years — that is not the Sergio that we have known. We have no idea what he got into, what has happened, but we know it’s an incredibly sad situation. We lost a very good lady, a very, very, very, very good lady.”

Sergio Brown arrested

Amen. What he's accused of doing is horrendous. Rest in Peace, Myrtle.

Love Pat Mcafee. JMO

I wonder if he has CTE? Could that be a possible defense?

I have been operating under an assumption the whole time that CTE is a strong possibility with him. I don't think there's anyway it could be used as a defense, as per Chronic traumatic encephalopathy - Symptoms and causes. :
Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) is a brain disorder likely caused by repeated head injuries. It causes the death of nerve cells in the brain, known as degeneration. CTE gets worse over time. The only way to definitively diagnosis CTE is after death during an autopsy of the brain.
JMO

I have been operating under an assumption the whole time that CTE is a strong possibility with him. I don't think there's anyway it could be used as a defense, as per Chronic traumatic encephalopathy - Symptoms and causes. : JMO

This may be an interesting case to watch. Battle of medical experts? I think that CTE is more prevalent in our society than people realize. I have often wondered if people who are addicted to drugs or alcohol are actually self medicating an undiagnosed CTE.

This may be an interesting case to watch. Battle of medical experts? I think that CTE is more prevalent in our society than people realize. I have often wondered if people who are addicted to drugs or alcohol are actually self medicating an undiagnosed CTE.
I had an ex partner that was beaten by a violent father, played high school football, boxed, and is combat Navy veteran.
Many different diagnoses over the years.
CTI is one always in the back of my mind, now that there is distance.
Studies MUST continue.

Dang - I would like to follow this case, but can not access Cook County court site... Anyone here willing to "help" with court dates for this case? :)

I'm willing to help Niner but have no idea what I'm doing because I'm stupid. Would probably need you to walk me through it, but I'd be happy to assist.

Last edited:
Dang - I would like to follow this case, but can not access Cook County court site... Anyone here willing to "help" with court dates for this case? :)
I don't think they're available online, Niner. I looked at the Circuit Court site and saw probate, wills, traffic, etc. but option to search criminal cases. :(

If you need copies of your court records in Cook County Circuit Court you generally need to go in person to the courthouse. Cook County does not provide online access to criminal records. If your case was filed in Cook County, go to the Circuit Clerk's Office in the district where you went to court. There are no court dispositions for arrests or charges that did not lead to a court case. In certain places, a certified disposition fee may be required to process your request.

it's certainly common with other types of physical and mental illnesses

There are several very (very) extremely reliable Chicago based sources on twitter that I suspect will have them. They post CC records regularly. A few also live tweet court hearings (from bond court on up).

Not that that gets them to you as directly as you'd like, but I am quite confident they'll be posted.

I don't think they're available online, Niner. I looked at the Circuit Court site and saw probate, wills, traffic, etc. but option to search criminal cases. :(

If you need copies of your court records in Cook County Circuit Court you generally need to go in person to the courthouse. Cook County does not provide online access to criminal records. If your case was filed in Cook County, go to the Circuit Clerk's Office in the district where you went to court. There are no court dispositions for arrests or charges that did not lead to a court case. In certain places, a certified disposition fee may be required to process your request.

@Elliot_Alderson - thanks for the offer - but it looks like ^^ we can not access this court site... dang.... :(

@PommyMommy - maybe THAT is why I could not access the criminal court site.

There are several very (very) extremely reliable Chicago based sources on twitter that I suspect will have them. They post CC records regularly. A few also live tweet court hearings (from bond court on up).

Not that that gets them to you as directly as you'd like, but I am quite confident they'll be posted.

Thanks for this info. I guess I will just have to wait for those tweets.

I thought he was booted out of Mexico by Mexican officials once the arrest warrant was issued in the US. Curious how he ended up on the plane. Apparently he wasn't in custody when he boarded the plane. Maybe it thru up a flag when he purchased a ticket and then they came to take him into custody to deport him?.

I get a kick out of the officers not even saying anything to him, unless we can't hear them.

Apparently this went on for an hour and a half. There would have been a whole SWAT team on the plane in that amount of time if this was in the US.

What they needed was a taser. Zap, handcuff, carry off plane, done. Have a nice flight folks.

JMO

Last edited:

His mother's body was discovered on September 16 in a creek behind her Chicago home bearing 'multiple injuries due to assault', according to officials.

Sounds pretty brutal. :(
Wonder if he used a weapon, tool, or kitchen utensil as well ?
I'm sorry, Mildred.

I hate to think of it but he might try to smear her as a defense ?
Like, "Mom wouldn't let me use her credit cards", "She said I had to move out", or, "She wouldn't let me do what I wanted and she disrespected me", etc.
Omo.

It would be interesting to look at a CTE defense, because are people with a brain injury still held accountable for their behavior? I would say yes. A brain injury does not equal a pass for murder. Especially when the POI fled jurisdiction, full knowledge of wrongdoing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy
Back