Recovered/Located IL - Sergio Brown, 35, Former NFL Safety, his mom Myrtle Brown was found dead & he is missing, Maywood, 14 - 16 Sep 2023 *arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would be interesting to look at a CTE defense, because are people with a brain injury still held accountable for their behavior? I would say yes. A brain injury does not equal a pass for murder. Especially when the POI fled jurisdiction, full knowledge of wrongdoing.
At the very least, I believe Sergio knew he'd done something wrong.

Dang - I would like to follow this case, but can not access Cook County court site... Anyone here willing to "help" with court dates for this case? :)
unfortunately even though I am in Illinois, and even though I am a paralegal, I cannot access Cook county criminal records :( I will be of no help here. But agree with poster upthread - this will be a high profile case in the Chicago area because of the NFL connection so press SHOULD keep us well updated re the court dates.

At the very least, I believe Sergio knew he'd done something wrong.
He knew he'd did enough wrong to burn his mothers clothing.

He knew he'd did enough wrong to not only leave town, but flee to Mexico, where he knew he would avoid questioning and likely thought he would avoid capture.

I bet he knows enough not to talk without an attorney too. I guess we will wait and see.

JMO

I thought he was booted out of Mexico by Mexican officials once the arrest warrant was issued in the US. Curious how he ended up on the plane. Apparently he wasn't in custody when he boarded the plane. Maybe it thru up a flag when he purchased a ticket and then they came to take him into custody to deport him?.

I get a kick out of the officers not even saying anything to him, unless we can't hear them.

Apparently this went on for an hour and a half. There would have been a whole SWAT team on the plane in that amount of time if this was in the US.

What they needed was a taser. Zap, handcuff, carry off plane, done. Have a nice flight folks.

JMO
I think he'd probably been cooperative until they got him on the plane. I assume he'd be handcuffed to the officer, but perhaps before video started he became so violent, the officer had to remove the cuffs to prevent his own arm being wrenched off!

I was on a flight when I realized I was beside a single police officer very discreetly accompanying a prisoner, the handcuffs hidden by a coat over their legs. I don't think most people would have noticed.

JMO

I think he'd probably been cooperative until they got him on the plane. I assume he'd be handcuffed to the officer, but perhaps before video started he became so violent, the officer had to remove the cuffs to prevent his own arm being wrenched off!

I was on a flight when I realized I was beside a single police officer very discreetly accompanying a prisoner, the handcuffs hidden by a coat over their legs. I don't think most people would have noticed.

JMO
If the officer removed the cuff from his own wrist, the cuffs should have still been on Sergio's wrist. I didn't see any cuff's swinging around on Sergio arms when he was fighting with the officers.

Sergio also says he is supposed to be going to Columbia. Maybe he thought he could outrun authorities there.

JMO

I have been following and just got caught up. It absolutely breaks my heart to think of how Myrdle must have felt being beaten by her own son. So sad!:(
Ita.
As Sergio is being charged and extradited, I do believe LE feels he is responsible !
At this time they don't seem to be eyeing anyone else.

What a betrayal for Myrtle.
Omo.

This may be an interesting case to watch. Battle of medical experts? I think that CTE is more prevalent in our society than people realize. I have often wondered if people who are addicted to drugs or alcohol are actually self medicating an undiagnosed CTE.
IME IMO Many people who suffer from substance use disorder are self medicating for a myriad of reasons. It’s often referred to as a dual diagnosis. So say if some one suffers from bipolar/mania and addiction then those are both diagnosed.
So IMO it’s perfectly reasonable to think that maybe some are self medicating due to CTE. Hard part of CTE is that true diagnosis happens post Morten. Hopefully they will make some advances in that. Prayers for all.
I think that beautiful lady was trying to help her son but was in over her head as was he.
All imo.

unfortunately even though I am in Illinois, and even though I am a paralegal, I cannot access Cook county criminal records :( I will be of no help here. But agree with poster upthread - this will be a high profile case in the Chicago area because of the NFL connection so press SHOULD keep us well updated re the court dates.

Yes - I was thinking the same - the NFL connection will HOPEFULLY have some press coverage as he goes to trial.

Here a video posted by MSM of him on his flight from mexico. Is it an act?

Yeah, He's still delusional for one reason or another. Drugs/CTE/Mental Illness or all of the above.

He is claiming he is supposed to be on his way to Columbia in this video. That must be where he was planning to flee next. I wonder if that is where he thought this particular plane was headed when he boarded.

A shame there is no public access to court records.

I'll be following to see how this develops.
~

His mother's body was discovered on September 16 in a creek behind her Chicago home bearing 'multiple injuries due to assault', according to officials.

Sounds pretty brutal. :(
Wonder if he used a weapon, tool, or kitchen utensil as well ?
I'm sorry, Mildred.

I hate to think of it but he might try to smear her as a defense ?
Like, "Mom wouldn't let me use her credit cards", "She said I had to move out", or, "She wouldn't let me do what I wanted and she disrespected me", etc.
Omo.
I would guess his lawyer would toss those ideas. IMHOO. They are not legal oriented, for one thing.

I thought he was booted out of Mexico by Mexican officials once the arrest warrant was issued in the US. Curious how he ended up on the plane. Apparently he wasn't in custody when he boarded the plane. Maybe it thru up a flag when he purchased a ticket and then they came to take him into custody to deport him?.

I get a kick out of the officers not even saying anything to him, unless we can't hear them.

Apparently this went on for an hour and a half. There would have been a whole SWAT team on the plane in that amount of time if this was in the US.

What they needed was a taser. Zap, handcuff, carry off plane, done. Have a nice flight folks.

JMO
There is a missing step here. How did he get on the plane? Why was this insanity allowed to go on for so long? Why wasn't he cuffed, if he was taken into custody? Quite frankly, as volatile as he seems in the video, I'm surprised LE even got him back to the United States. It seems like SB was running the show. MOO

Case No: 23400527601
Date filed:10/10/2023
Charge: murder/intent to kill/injure (felony indictment)

No additional docket entries noted

casesearch.cookcountyclerkofcourt.org/CriminalCaseSearch.aspx

Was able to pull up on my laptop but not mobile device

Boy - you got lucky you could access the court site.

Could you be my "go-to" person on looking up future court dates & docket items for me? TIA if you could! :)

Thank you for finding that site. I've been looking to find a Cook County site forever.

Just curious, is either your PC or Mobile Device an Apple product? We have both in our house that sometimes yield very different search results.

JMO

Thank you for finding that site. I've been looking to find a Cook County site forever.

Just curious, is either your PC or Mobile Device an Apple product? We have both in our house that sometimes yield very different search results.

JMO
My PC is windows and my mobile device is Apple. The irony is if I google the website on my iPhone, the first result takes me to the website so I’m not sure why manually typing the URL doesn’t work. Weird

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back