Recovered/Located IL - Sergio Brown, 35, Former NFL Safety, his mom Myrtle Brown was found dead & he is missing, Maywood, 14 - 16 Sep 2023 *arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO tampering with evidence (burning cloths, cleaning up the bathtub with Ajax, possibly hiding body), is more likely something that is done by someone that has the common sense to know they have done something wrong. Not to mention the whole fleeing to Mexico part.

I agree, definitely a sign of someone who knows right from wrong, or that they have done something wrong.

If CTE dose indeed play a role here IMO he may still take those actions. Aaron Hernandez took steps to cover his tracks after his crimes.

Even Psychopaths' know right from wrong and take measures to cover their tracks.

JMHO

This article answers the question of how he was funding his travels. Carrying a bag of her belongings, yeah that's a little weird. I wonder what he had with him?

New details revealed in court as ex-NFL player Sergio Brown faces charges in mother's Maywood murder​

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 7:26PM

Prosecutors said Brown called an Uber to the airport and flew to Mexico on the morning of Sept. 15 while booking Airbnb rentals with his mother's credit card.

Mexican authorities later found Brown on Oct. 7 and extradited him back to the U.S.

Prosecutors said Brown was carrying a bag of his mother's belongings as he was detained.

BBM

Well this answers my question of what he had.

Docs: Sergio Brown planned to travel to Colombia after allegedly murdering mother​

MAYWOOD, Ill. — Former NFL player and Maywood native Sergio Brown planned on traveling to Medellin, Colombia following the murder of his mother, prosecutors alleged .....

Simmons-Brown’s iPad, credit cards and phone were missing in the home.

Police allege Brown and his mother’s phone pinged together from Sept. 14 through Sept. 15 — and then stopped pinging altogether.

Following his arrest in Mexico City on Oct. 7, US Customs and Border Patrol agents recovered Simmons-Brown’s iPad, phone and credit and bank cards, court documents reveal.
Detectives then secured search warrants on the cards — allegedly showing that a purchase near $1,800 was made for an AirBnB in Medellin, Colombia on Sept. 21. Another $1,205 purchase was made for an AirBnb reservation on Oct. 6.

mother/

BBM

Next Court Date: A new court hearing is set for Nov. 22 per this article

~

Thanks!

@Rosydecember - does the court site say "what" kind of hearing this is & at "what" time? An arraignment hearing?

TIA! :)

According to video posted up thread and linked below, the assistant state's attorney stated that when Myrtle Brown body had been found, she was wrapped in a sheet.

Usually when the victim is killed by someone very close to them, the perpetrator will cover or wrap the body with a sheet, blanket, tarp, carpet, ect. IMO this is done to protect the victim, because they still care about this person. I think this is also done so the perp does not have to physically look at the victim afterwards and while they are possibly disposing of the body or cleaning up the crime scene. I can't count the number of cases I seen where the body was found wrapped up and the perp ended up being a loved one of the victim.

Also in the article her body was found only about 100 to 150 feet from her back door.

Thanks!

@Rosydecember - does the court site say "what" kind of hearing this is & at "what" time? An arraignment hearing?

TIA! :)

I took a quick look to see if I could find any court docket information for the case. So far I have come up empty........

Illinois may not offer public access to court information. If I run across anything I'll be sure to post it here.

ETA: context
~

I took a quick look to see if I could find any court docket information for the case. So far I have come up empty........

Illinois may not offer public access to court information. If I run across anything I'll be sure to post it here.

ETA: context
~

Yes other people have had problems getting into the Cook County court site. But @Rosydecember seemed to be able to access it.
But - thank you for trying to find something! :) Much appreciated!

it's odd. I am in IL and we do have public access to court records. Either through the county's own website or through judici. but for some reason I have never figured out how to access cook county without creating an account through their website, which I hesitate to do.

Felony preliminary hearing at 9am

Thanks!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member