Recovered/Located IL - Sergio Brown, 35, Former NFL Safety, his mom Myrtle Brown was found dead & he is missing, Maywood, 14 - 16 Sep 2023 *arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A court date is set for 11/13 , doesn’t say if he’s made bail.

The 11/13 hearing is an extradition hearing in CA. SB has waived his right to an extradition hearing, so no hearing will take place at that time, even though one needed to be scheduled. IL authorities have a certain amount of time to bring SB back to Cook County to face charges.

Furthermore, SB is being held in CA with no bail (bond), so he would not be able to bail himself out of jail.

He is being held at the San Diego jail without bail, and has waived his right to an extradition hearing. It's unclear how soon he'll be back in Illinois to face charges.

The 11/13 hearing is an extradition hearing in CA. SB has waived his right to an extradition hearing, so no hearing will take place at that time, even though one needed to be scheduled. IL authorities have a certain amount of time to bring SB back to Cook County to face charges.

Furthermore, SB is being held in CA with no bail (bond), so he would not be able to bail himself out of jail.

I do know another article said that State of Illinois authorities have until Nov. 13 to extradite Brown.
Maybe that date is just a coincidence - ??

I read that he has to be extradited by Nov 13. That seems like a long time to me.

Thank you. I didn't know that was a real transport system. Interesting!
The U.S. Marshal Service has a prisoner transportation section that is called JPATS. (Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System) Not sure if SB would be transported this way, since I don't think he is in federal custody.

JPATS is the real life Con Air.

With SB actions on the Mexican deportation flight, I doubt he would be transported back to Cook County on a commercial flight. There are private companies that transport prisioners as well. Maybe Cook County will contract with one of those companies to get SB back to IL.

JMO

I thought he had to be expedited by that date to Illinois
from my notes.

10/11/23 Update: San Diego Sheriff’s Dep.t inmate records indicated Brown was in the agency’s custody Wednesday & being held on a felony fugitive arrest warrant. A court hearing is set for 11/13/23. Under US interstate extradition laws, a hearing is required if a defendant does not waive extradition. A court would be required to provide the final sign-off before Brown is removed from California & taken to Illinois.

Oct 24, 2023 article

[…]

Sergio Brown, who has been charged with one count of first-degree murder and concealment of a dead body in connection with the death of his mother, Myrtle Simmons-Brown, is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday at the Maybrook Court House in Maywood, Illinois.

[…]

Just now catching up -- thanks to all here for posting this sad situation.
Wondering if Brown will have tests that might show signs of brain damage -- also wondering if he has previously had examinations in the past to diagnose possible damage to his brain due to his previous sports history.
Another very sad situation.
Prayers for those who knew & loved his mom.

Since WS was down for me all day yesterday - I shall post this now to keep my notes straight & I can shorten this up a bit.

Wednesday, October 25th:
*First Appearance Hearing (@ 9am PT) – IL - Myrtle Jean Simmons-Brown (73) found dead & Sergio missing Sept. 16, 2023, Maywood (Chicago); sister of Myrtle last talked with her on Sept. 14, 2023; Brown’s body appears to have been found near a small nature walk along a section of Silver Creek, which cuts behind her house. Tall grass & wildflowers line the creek & a cluster of trees border her backyard was found on Sept. 16, 2023. - *Sergio Stephen Brown (35) a former NFL safety was arrested (10/10/23) & charged (10/12/23) with 1st degree felony murder/intent to kill/injure & concealment of a dead body. Held without bond. Will be extradited from San Diego County CA to Cook County, IL by 11/13/23. Extradited back to IL on 10/12/23.
9/16/23: Maywood police said they were informed by family members Saturday that they could not find or make contact with 73-year-old Myrtle Brown, or 35-year-old Sergio Brown. After launching a missing persons search for the two, police said Myrtle Brown was found unresponsive in a creek near the back of her residence & was later taken to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office. Brown’s body appears to have been found near a small nature walk along a section of Silver Creek, which cuts behind her house. Tall grass & wildflowers line the creek, and a cluster of trees border her backyard. The coroner says Myrtle's death is a homicide & was caused by multiple injuries from an assault. Police have not yet been able to locate Sergio Brown. Brown is a former NFL player who signed with the New England Patriots in 2010 & went on to play with the Colts, Jaguars & Bills until his career ended in 2016.
Waiting for extradition from San Diego County, California to Cook County, Illinois. Authorities have until 11/13/23 to retrieve him.

9/18/23 update: Sergio posted a video on his Instagram page where he says he thought his mother was on vacation. He also made accusations against Maywood police & the FBI. However, Police have not officially labeled him as a suspect in his mother's murder.
9/19/23 update: In a video posted Monday...he called reports about his mother’s death “fake news.” “Fake news, fake news, fake news. It has to be the FBI." The expletive-filled video ... went on to describe interactions he had with the Maywood police in which he says he was “kidnapped.” “I thought my f------ mama was on vacation in Sinaloa." In another video posted Tuesday... He referenced the film “Finding Nemo,” repeating the movie’s famous line, “just keep swimming, just keep swimming.” “Missing? They ain’t never seen Finding Nemo?” he said. “This is traumatic. Lucky I know how to say a joke.” Police said Tuesday they were aware of the posts & are “looking into its authenticity.” “Currently this is an active investigation & the department is unable to share any further details at this time,” Rivera wrote.
9/20/23 update: The Maywood Police Dept. in Illinois determined Brown’s location to be the Sabbia Condos in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, using Google Lens. On Wednesday, Maywood Police detectives emerged from the home of Myrtle Brown with a white box after nearly an hour inside. The individual who let investigators into the property declined to identify himself to Nexstar’s WGN.
9/28/23 update: Instagram accounts linked to former NFL player Sergio Brown appear to have been deactivated as of Thursday afternoon, after he posted an unhinged video where he claims he thought his murdered mother was 'on vacation.'
10/3/23 update: Ex-NFL player Sergio Brown was spotted in Tulum, Mexico on Sunday ... dancing & partying his face off -- this despite an ongoing police investigation into the death of his mother."
10/10/23 Update: Sergio Brown has been arrested in Southern California four weeks after his mother was found dead in Illinois. Mexican law enforcement officers have known Brown’s whereabouts since at least September 19, the source said, and deported him after authorities in Illinois finally obtained an arrest warrant pertaining to the death of Brown’s mother. According to jail records, the Brown was booked into a San Diego jail on Tuesday. The arrest stems from a warrant in Illinois related to the September death of his mom, Myrtle Brown. Sergio was recently found in Mexico by authorities & deported after they became aware of the warrant. He's now expected to be transported soon to Illinois to face charges in the case. Brown is in custody on a first degree murder warrant in connection to the murder of his mother. Brown’s deportation was not without incident, the source said, indicating the former NFL player created a disturbance on an extradition flight from Mexico City to Tijuana & was threatened with removal by the plane’s captain."
10/11/23 Update: Brown agreed to be extradited to Illinois during a Wednesday court hearing, San Diego District Attorney’s office spokesperson Steve Walker told The Associated Press in an email. Authorities in Illinois have until Nov. 13 to retrieve Brown, Walker said.
10/11/23 Update: San Diego Sheriff’s Dep.t inmate records indicated Brown was in the agency’s custody Wednesday & being held on a felony fugitive arrest warrant. A court hearing is set for 11/13/23. Under US interstate extradition laws, a hearing is required if a defendant does not waive extradition. A court would be required to provide the final sign-off before Brown is removed from California & taken to Illinois.
10/25/23 Update: Was extradited back on 10/12/23. First appearance hearing on 10/25/23. Brown was charged with 1st degree murder & concealment of a dead body.

Former NFL player Sergio Brown, who was arrested in connection with his mother’s death, has been denied a pretrial release, according to several outlets.
[snip]
The Cook County Assistant State’s Attorney Jose Villarreal said in court that the former footballer had been seen burning fabric the night of his mother’s death on Sept. 14 and then flew out to Mexico the next morning, per the Chicago Sun-Times.

Villarreal also noted, per the outlet, that when police searched Myrtle’s home, they found blood on the back patio and some Ajax cleaner in the bathtub that suggested it had been cleaned. She said Sergio and Myrtle’s cellphone locations also pinged at the same location at the estimated time of her death, per the AP.
Ex-NFL Player Sergio Brown Denied Release Ahead of Trial for Allegedly Killing His Mother

IMO tampering with evidence (burning cloths, cleaning up the bathtub with Ajax, possibly hiding body), is more likely something that is done by someone that has the common sense to know they have done something wrong. Not to mention the whole fleeing to Mexico part.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy
Back