GUILTY IL - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, in suitcase in Bali, 12 Aug 2014 *fnd guilty in Bali* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Weren't there about 84 calls to 911 because HM was threatening her mother? There's also those friends of Sheila's that know HM abused her mother in so many ways.

It's Favia, not Flavia. What does she hope to get out of thi$?

Tommy has paid a huge price. MOO, I know he went along and did it. He just never seemed as evil as HM to me. In fact, if not for meeting up with her, he might have avoided becoming what he did. He's paying big time. Now, it's time for Heather who has had it easy, and now I hope that finally changes.

Days after release from prison overseas, Heather Mack faces new reality, pleads not guilty to federal charges related to gruesome 2014 killing of her mother - Chicago Tribune BBM

"Assistant U.S. Attorney Terry Kinney also asked for more time, telling the judge prosecutors planned to subpoena medical and psychiatric records for Mack that allegedly describe previous “violent attacks” on her mother before the murder. “It goes to the element of her being a danger to the community,” Kinney told the judge."

"...appointing family attorney Vanessa Favia as Stella’s guardian instead of her being handed over to child protective services. Favia declined to comment."

"As tears streamed down her face, (Kia) Walker said she wanted custody of her granddaughter and she also wanted help for her son, who she said has had a lot of medical issues while in prison including tuberculosis, major organ malfunction and COVID-19."

Weren't there about 84 calls to 911 because HM was threatening her mother? There's also those friends of Sheila's that know HM abused her mother in so many ways.

It's Favia. What does she hope to get out of thi$?

Tommy has paid a huge price. MOO, I know he went along and did it. He just never seemed as evil as HM to me. In fact, if not for meeting up with her, he might have avoided becoming what he did. He's paying big time. Now, it's time for Heather who has had it easy, and now I hope that finally changes.

Days after release from prison overseas, Heather Mack faces new reality, pleads not guilty to federal charges related to gruesome 2014 killing of her mother - Chicago Tribune BBM

"Assistant U.S. Attorney Terry Kinney also asked for more time, telling the judge prosecutors planned to subpoena medical and psychiatric records for Mack that allegedly describe previous “violent attacks” on her mother before the murder. “It goes to the element of her being a danger to the community,” Kinney told the judge."

"...appointing family attorney Vanessa Favia as Stella’s guardian instead of her being handed over to child protective services. Favia declined to comment."

"As tears streamed down her face, (Kia) Walker said she wanted custody of her granddaughter and she also wanted help for her son, who she said has had a lot of medical issues while in prison including tuberculosis, major organ malfunction and COVID-19."
Totally agree Curious Me. HM was the catalyst and she is very manipulative.

I've Never heard Heather express remorse for her Mother's murder and desecration of her body. Ever.
I hope she gets the full strength of the law thrown at her.

Can Heather's parental rights be terminated altogether? She's already got a murder conviction.

Grounds for Termination for Parental Rights
The person petitioning for the termination of parental right must prove to the court by clear and convincing evidence that the (1) termination is in the child’s best interests, and that (2) one of the following grounds for termination exists:
  • The minor has been abandoned by the parent.
  • The minor has been denied, by reason of acts of parental commission or omission, the care, guidance or control necessary for the minor’s physical, educational, moral or emotional well-being.
  • There is no ongoing parent-child relationship, and to allow further time for the establishment or reestablishment of the parent-child relationship would be detrimental to the best interests of the minor.
  • A child of the parent has been found by the Superior Court or the Probate Court to be neglected, abused or uncared for in a prior proceeding.
  • The parent’s rights were terminated with respect to another child, and a child of the parent under age seven has been found to be neglected, abused or uncared for.
  • The parent has deliberately killed or conspired to kill another of his or her children or has deliberately assaulted another of his or her children resulting in serious bodily injury.
  • The parent committed a sexual assault resulting in the conception of the minor.
  • The parent was adjudged guilty of sexual assault resulting in the conception of the child, or
  • The parent consents to the termination
Termination of Parental Rights

I've Never heard Heather express remorse for her Mother's murder and desecration of her body. Ever.
I hope she gets the full strength of the law thrown at her.
You must have missed that version. It changes depending on the audience and the timing. She puts a nice spin on whatever she says, but it's all BS. Like recently she said Stella didn't know about the murder yet, but that's as it should be for a young child. Yeah, someday Stella's going to find out HM is a murderer, but she'll say she only helped and blame TS. She talks too much, and hope words come back to bite her. Squad.

The connection between Stella and her foster mother OS looks quite strong. That's who Stella had to look to for the day to day security. I do think Stella was provided with good care and looks well balanced and happy, but now... who knows. MOO, it's a shame that little girl has to have the rug swiped out from under her over and over. Also, all these greedy people with their eyes on her Trust Money willing to befriend and help her murderous mother.

'Suitcase Killer' Heather Mack Arrested Upon Return to U.S. | PEOPLE.com

Thanks. From the link:

Mack was deported back to the U.S. on Tuesday. Accompanied by U.S. federal authorities, she and her daughter Stella flew back to Chicago, landing at O'Hare Airport on Wednesday.

'Suitcase Killer' Heather Mack Arrested Upon Return to U.S., Charged with Conspiracy to Kill Mom

I would imagine the US federal authorities were US Marshals. Then, when they landed in Chicago, Stella was whisked away while the FBI took custody of Heather; thereby, upsetting the paternal grandmother who was denied a chance to see her grandchild.

Why would Heather or her lawyers be surprised or not know she would be arrested when she was being accompanied by US FED Authorities during her fight?

Heather likes to think she's smart but she is naive in the ways of the real word.

Stella was born in Bali though. Does she have or could apply for dual citizenship?

Yes, but there's no telling what Favia has planned with OS. Stella was born in Bali and brought up there all this time.

Heather better not get out on bond. It seems like she'd be a flight risk. Of course, she couldn't take off with Stella and expect to hide while tapping into Stella's Trust. I don't know how she's connected with people / attorneys wanting to help her. It's Stella's money now and unless Heather gets custody, even then, seems like there'd be no money for her helpers. Heather thinks she's a movie star now with the sun glasses. I bet she has some kind of plan to sell her story.

If Stella was a citizen of Indonesia by birth, we would have heard about it. We haven't heard that she has any special rights, and we know that she is expelled from the country with her mother on short notice at the same time (age 6).

If Stella was a citizen of Indonesia by birth, we would have heard about it. We haven't heard that she has any special rights, and we know that she is expelled from the country with her mother on short notice at the same time (age 6).
We need an immigration attorney. True, but she was actually born in Indonesia and not born in the US. Is her passport issued from Indonesia? It's probably different than here, plus please know I am only asking and don't know. - If children are born in the United States to undocumented parents, they are automatically U.S. citizens, and have all the rights that come with that. Although many people assume that having a child in the U.S. (who is automatically a U.S. citizen) allows that parents to obtain lawful immigration status here, that is not the case. Children of Undocumented Immigrants in the U.S.: Rights and Opportunities | Lawyers.com

^^^ Still looking for an answer.
This is an old 2017 news article from the time Kia was trying to get custody of Stella as she turned two. It does support what you're saying [B]@otto[/B].

Grandmother tries again for custody of Heather Mack's baby - ABC7 Chicago
Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Ruling against Walker, Sullivan also said the court does not have jurisdiction over a child born in another country. But Walker's attorney said Indonesian citizenship is not automatically given to a child born to non-Indonesian parents.

"We feel she is a U.S. citizen, she has a U.S. passport and she deserves to be brought back to the U.S.," said Goldberg.

I'm just going to park this here too. It might come in handy.
Birth - U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Indonesia (usembassy.gov)

Heather Mack pleads not guilty to federal charges of conspiracy and obstruction of justice stemming from murder of her mother

Mack made an appearance for an initial hearing at the Dirksen U.S. Courthouse Wednesday afternoon and pleaded not guilty to two counts of conspiracy to commit murder in a foreign country and obstruction of justice. Shackled and wearing a brown turtleneck sweater, she was arraigned before U.S. District Judge Charles Norgle, who ordered her back to court Nov. 10.

Also charged with the same counts was her boyfriend at the time of the murder, Tommy Schaefer, who is still in prison in Bali.

The counts carry a maximum of life in prison if convicted.

Good. I hope she gets substantial time. Although the accomplice got only 9 years.

Re: schools in Bali. Aside from the time zone issue, residence requirements may or may not apply. We're talking another country.

Parental rights? That's where it really gets interesting. HM and Stella are US citizens in the US now. TS is Stella's father and he also has his parental rights, rights that he didn't have in Bali. I'm not sure how you go about terminating the parental rights of one parent and not the other. Perhaps it's more a custody issue.

I also think that Flavia has legal control over Stella right now. I don't think a judge is going to argue with her if she says she and HM agree that OS will be a suitable caregiver for Stella in the near term - instead of CPS.

Now that Stella is on US soil, I think it might get complicated if OS wants to take Stella back to Bali. I think that would require the guardian ad litem's OK at this point.

HM is still so arrogant, so sure she's cleverer than everyone else. She's blathered on for the last couple years about what she would and wouldn't do when her sentence was up, as though it was all up to her. Instead, she wasn't given the option to leave Stella behind - or to stay herself. I imagine it came as a bit of a shock when she was told - told, not asked - that she would be flying to Chicago, not LA as she had planned. I wonder if the new lawyer in LA is the 'friend' she planned to say with.

I don't think she planned to be met at the airport gate on arrival.

She may not have because she’s delusionally arrogant. But the FBI told her she was being arrested at the airport and to make separate arrangements for her daughter.

“In court, Mack’s attorney objected to a request by the prosecution for Mack’s psychological records. The prosecution said the records would show a series of attacks on Von Weise by Mack, showing her violent behavior and that Mack poses a danger to the community.

The judge said he would allow the records.”

Heather Mack Arrested On Federal Conspiracy And Obstruction Of Justice Charges In Mother's Murder, After Release From Prison In Indonesia

Finally all those stories HM has told of how horrible her mother was to her may be put to rest. I wonder which attorney was fighting this request? Do you think Mr Claypool might feel a little blindsided by HM? Do you think he would have been going on about how HM has already done her time if he knew about the conspiracy to commit murder that started in the US?

Yes. He well knew of the conspiracy to commit murder that started in the US.

It's Favia, not Flavia. What does she hope to get out of thi$?

So Vanessa Favia is the “family attorney”? Who retained her and when?

Grounds for Termination for Parental Rights
The person petitioning for the termination of parental right must prove to the court by clear and convincing evidence that the (1) termination is in the child’s best interests, and that (2) one of the following grounds for termination exists:
  • The minor has been abandoned by the parent.
  • The minor has been denied, by reason of acts of parental commission or omission, the care, guidance or control necessary for the minor’s physical, educational, moral or emotional well-being.
  • There is no ongoing parent-child relationship, and to allow further time for the establishment or reestablishment of the parent-child relationship would be detrimental to the best interests of the minor.
  • A child of the parent has been found by the Superior Court or the Probate Court to be neglected, abused or uncared for in a prior proceeding.
  • The parent’s rights were terminated with respect to another child, and a child of the parent under age seven has been found to be neglected, abused or uncared for.
  • The parent has deliberately killed or conspired to kill another of his or her children or has deliberately assaulted another of his or her children resulting in serious bodily injury.
  • The parent committed a sexual assault resulting in the conception of the minor.
  • The parent was adjudged guilty of sexual assault resulting in the conception of the child, or
  • The parent consents to the termination
Termination of Parental Rights

That’s Connecticut. Illinois is indeed similar but has a more general “parental unfitness” category.

In any event, while incarcerated persons can retain their parental rights, if they are going to serve a substantial amount of time, they can have their parental rights terminated in certain states, as they are not available to care for their children. I’m not sure about Illinois. I would have to research.

Otherwise, that’s where guardianships come in.

An attorney isn’t going to remain the child’s guardian indefinitely. Ultimately, someone will be able to institute guardianship proceedings (like Kia Schaeffer). But even in the absence of termination of parental rights, a juvenile dependency court action can be opened because OS can’t stay here long, the minor apparently can’t go back to Indonesia to live without being adopted by an Indonesian and her parents are incarcerated and can’t care for her.

Regardless, as the grandmother, Kia will have standing to ask that the child be placed with her, either as a family foster care placement or guardian.

It appears that citizenship by birth is a thing in Indonesia: Indonesian nationality law - Wikipedia

But the government stated a child cannot remain there without their parent. So unless she is adopted by her foster parents, I don’t see how the child can go back without HM.

It appears that citizenship by birth is a thing in Indonesia: Indonesian nationality law - Wikipedia

But the government stated a child cannot remain there without their parent. So unless she is adopted by her foster parents, I don’t see how the child can go back without HM.

What I am not seeing is mention of TS's parental rights. IIRC, because he and HM weren't married, he had no rights in Indonesia - and no way to enforce US rules in a foreign country.

Stella is back in the US now. TS has legal parental rights in this country and they can be enforced (in this country).

HM might think she can call the shots, that Stella's fate is 100% up to her. That was true in Bali; it is not true here in the US. If, for example, HM decided to allow OS to adopt Stella, I believe she would have to have TS's OK.

I think Stella could go back to Indonesia with OS if both HM and TS agreed and OS was made Stella's legal guardian. TS might be OK with that if he were promised regular visits. That would probably be best for Stella.

All HM is interested in doing is using Stella as a shield and a cash cow - a shield from legal actions and a resource to be exploited by herself and whoever else she can find willing to help her launder Stella's inheritance for HM's gain.

Kia Walker is going to have a hard time getting custody. If she hasn't got the resources to help TS financially (he supposedly hasn't had a phone for three years because he can't afford it), then how does she expect to raise Stella?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~
Back