GUILTY IL - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, in suitcase in Bali, 12 Aug 2014 *fnd guilty in Bali* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope that Tommy's mother has rights regarding Stella. The murderer should not be calling the shots for the child. It's bad enough that the child was told that she's going on vacation when she and her mother are deported due to a murder conviction. Imagine the confusion for the child when her mother is arrested getting off the plane. What story will they tell the child about that?
Tommy is a murderer too, so I'd prefer to see Sheila's siblings get control of the child.

Yeah giving them that money was very wrong and unnecessary. But he had no control over Stella being housed with her mother in prison, after birth.

Hi gitana1, perhaps you’re just the person to explain how the guardian ad litem that was appointed by the Cook County judge came to the conclusion that Stella was in a good situation and didn’t need anyone to step in and advocate for her? Did they have no jurisdiction over her, especially once she had to leave the prison? I assume the purpose of allowing children to stay in the prison for up to 2 years is for breastfeeding and bonding?

And any idea how HM is paying for a “team of lawyers” both here and in Bali? ;)

Heather Mack pleads not guilty to federal charges of conspiracy and obstruction of justice stemming from murder of her mother

Mack made an appearance for an initial hearing at the Dirksen U.S. Courthouse Wednesday afternoon and pleaded not guilty to two counts of conspiracy to commit murder in a foreign country and obstruction of justice. Shackled and wearing a brown turtleneck sweater, she was arraigned before U.S. District Judge Charles Norgle, who ordered her back to court Nov. 10.

Also charged with the same counts was her boyfriend at the time of the murder, Tommy Schaefer, who is still in prison in Bali.

The counts carry a maximum of life in prison if convicted.

We knew it but a friend has spoken out about how tough things have been for TS.

“Schaefer - who's turned to God during his time behind bars and is full of remorse - suffers from malnutrition while battling health problems, a close friend has claimed.

The pal exclusively told The Sun: "Tommy is doing okay, it's been a tough couple of years, he got TB in 2019 and was very sick for about nine months and then, in early 2021, he got Covid.

"His health has been a struggle, but he's hanging in there and trying to make the best of the situation.

"He definitely still uses his faith for his strength and to become a better person. He has grown up and matured a lot in the last couple of years.

"Tommy feels his sentence is fair for what he did, so he doesn't feel like he should be getting out, although he does feel Heather should have got an equal sentence.

No visitors have been able to enter the prison for over 20 months because of the pandemic and he has little money coming in from family in the US.

Money is vital in Bali's Kerobokan prison as it enables inmates to buy decent food and other provisions.

Schaefer's pal went on: "Their experiences in prison have been totally different, Tommy has definitely suffered more. Heather has bought her way through her time.

"Most of Tommy's hardships come from the lack of food and clean water, malnutrition, which makes him susceptible to the various viruses and diseases in the prison, and the lack of medical or dental facilities.

"You need money for everything - he hasn't had a phone for three years.”

Suitcase killer's ex and accomplice struck down with TB & Covid in jail
And did any of you catch this from the article? She was basking in her notoriety there. Sure doesn't sound like remorse to me!
But an insider previously told The Sun Mack basked in being the most famous criminal at Kerobokan prison, telling inmates: "I'm Heather Mack, the one who killed my mom."

Heather Mack, boyfriend indicted on federal conspiracy and obstruction of justice charges in Chicago stemming from murder of her mother

Court records show a Cook County probate judge on Tuesday issued an emergency order appointing family attorney Vanessa Favia as Stella’s guardian instead of her being handed over to child protective services. Favia declined to comment.

So what does this mean? VF has always been pro HM, who will Stella be staying with? Is OS actually in Chicago? Will VF just turn her over to OS? Is Stella’s trust paying for all this?

Heather Mack pleads not guilty to federal charges of conspiracy and obstruction of justice stemming from murder of her mother

Mack made an appearance for an initial hearing at the Dirksen U.S. Courthouse Wednesday afternoon and pleaded not guilty to two counts of conspiracy to commit murder in a foreign country and obstruction of justice. Shackled and wearing a brown turtleneck sweater, she was arraigned before U.S. District Judge Charles Norgle, who ordered her back to court Nov. 10.

Also charged with the same counts was her boyfriend at the time of the murder, Tommy Schaefer, who is still in prison in Bali.

Oh goody! So presumably she's in some sort of federal jail now? And I read that the court wanted the attorney Vanessa somebody to have custody of the child?

Hi gitana1, perhaps you’re just the person to explain how the guardian ad litem that was appointed by the Cook County judge came to the conclusion that Stella was in a good situation and didn’t need anyone to step in and advocate for her? Did they have no jurisdiction over her, especially once she had to leave the prison? I assume the purpose of allowing children to stay in the prison for up to 2 years is for breastfeeding and bonding?

And any idea how HM is paying for a “team of lawyers” both here and in Bali? ;)

When? Now or back then? Cook County has not jurisdiction over the child until she cane to the US.

Will she be in jail until Nov 10?

When? Now or back then? Cook County has not jurisdiction over the child until she cane to the US.

Sorry, I meant back then, when her grandmother was attempting to get custody and all the court proceedings regarding the estate were happening. Why bother appointing a GAL if there was nothing they could have done about the situation anyway?

Just now seeing this thread -- here's an article -- Please forgive if it's a repeat:

'Suitcase Killer' Heather Mack Arrested Upon Return to U.S., Charged with Conspiracy to Kill Mom
Heather Mack, who helped her boyfriend kill her mother in 2014 while vacationing with her in Bali, returned home to Chicago after spending nearly seven years in prison
By KC Baker November 03, 2021 03:08 PM

Heather Mack, the young American woman who helped her boyfriend kill her mother in 2014 while vacationing in Bali, Indonesia, was arrested by the FBI when she returned home to the U.S. Wednesday for the first time in seven years, Forbes, Fox News and the Associated Press report.
[...]

Three-Count Federal Indictment

The federal indictment filed in 2017 charges Mack and Schaefer with three counts.

Besides being charged with conspiring to kill von Wiese-Mack, they face an obstruction of justice charge, the Chicago Sun-Times and the Associated Press report.

They are also charged with destroying, mutilating and concealing objects to impair the availability for an official proceeding "by forcing the body of [von Wiese-Mack] into a suitcase after she had been killed and removing the suitcase from the place of the murder," the Chicago Sun-Times and the Associated Press report.

-----------------------
Source:
'Suitcase Killer' Heather Mack Arrested Upon Return to U.S., Charged with Conspiracy to Kill Mom

VF has always been pro HM, who will Stella be staying with?
Favia, yuck, I remember her , IMO, she came around smelling the money and supporting HM who set her own mother up to be killed in another country. No respect for VF. I can't believe they'd let her be a temp guardian, and take Stella, instead of her Grandmother Kia.
Is OS actually in Chicago? Will VF just turn her over to OS? Is Stella’s trust paying for all this?
Can anyone confirm OS is in Chicago? I doubt they'd allow Stella to go back to Bali with her now. When did Heather get the LA attorney? Don't expenses have to be approved to come out of Stella's trust estate?

Days after release from prison overseas, Heather Mack faces new reality, pleads not guilty to federal charges related to gruesome 2014 killing of her mother - Chicago Tribune

"Court records show a Cook County probate judge on Tuesday issued an emergency order appointing family attorney Vanessa Favia as Stella’s guardian instead of her being handed over to child protective services. Favia declined to comment."

According to this, OS came back with her…

Stella’s foster mother also flew with Mack and Stella to Chicago, he said.

Heather Mack, Tommy Schaefer Charged in U.S. Indictment With Conspiring to Kill Mack's Mother
Since the court wants Flavia to have custody of her, I don't see how this foster mother OS could possibly take Stella back to Bali. Besides, Bali law stated that the child had to be deported with the mother. Heather isn't going back to Bali for years, if ever, and she'll probably never have custody of Stella ever again.

Last edited:
It's been quite a roller coaster week for Mack and her daughter. It seemed like Mack was surprised that she was given early release. All of a sudden she was moved to an immigration detention centre for deportation. She wanted her daughter to remain in Bali and believed that she could return to Bali within 6 months.

Bali has started the proceedings to ban Mack from entering Bali for life. Mack was told that her daughter will be deported with her.

Her daughter was suddenly told that she was going on vacation with her mother. They planned to go to LA, but FBI demanded that she fly to Chicago. I'm assuming someone was on the plane to ensure that she flew to Chicago. As soon as they landed the mother she was vacationing with was arrested. That has to be confusing for a 6 year old.

Now the daughter is in the custody of a lawyer, Mack is charged and detained. Perhaps the foster mother understands that her role as foster mother has ended. She should return to Bali. Mack will never give up custody of her daughter, or allow her to be adopted, because she wants access to the money. Therefore, the foster mother should go home. The child is not allowed to remain in Bali without Mack.

Mack seemed to believe that by committing murder in Bali she would get off easy. I hope the courts ensure justice for Sheila von Wiese-Mack.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking. OS needs to fly home- wherever that is. Unless she has some kind of legal claim to Stella, which I doubt. It was probably more like an agreement that Heather made for OS to watch her, like a babysitter until she got out. Did Heather or anyone pay for OS to raise Stella??? So the remaining choices are Child Protective Services, Vanessa Flavia, Kia Walker, or the Von Weise family to get custody. None of which involve OS. Heather no longer gets a say in who raises her daughter, and she won't be able to use her as a prop and mooch off Stella's trust. And I also really doubt that Stella will be attending Bali schools online homeschooling anymore. There's no more reason to. Enroll her in the US. I'm sure that there are plenty of good in-person elementary schools in Chicago.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~