GUILTY IL - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, in suitcase in Bali, 12 Aug 2014 *fnd guilty in Bali* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Go FBI! I have to admit I wasn’t expecting them to still have any interest in pursing this case.

Kia Walker is Tommy’s mother. She lives in the Chicago area. She flew to Bali shortly after HM gave birth to suggest that HM give her guardianship over Stella and allow her to raise her in the US instead of in a violent prison.

MOO

Go FBI! I have to admit I wasn’t expecting them to still have any interest in pursing this case.

Kia Walker is Tommy’s mother. She lives in the Chicago area. She flew to Bali shortly after HM gave birth to suggest that HM give her guardianship over Stella and allow her to raise her in the US instead of in a violent prison.

MOO

I hope that Tommy's mother has rights regarding Stella. The murderer should not be calling the shots for the child. It's bad enough that the child was told that she's going on vacation when she and her mother are deported due to a murder conviction. Imagine the confusion for the child when her mother is arrested getting off the plane. What story will they tell the child about that?

What sort of legal rights does an Australian living in Bali have over a child in Chicago? She can't guarantee that she can look after the child for any length of time simply because her life and family are in Bali. She can't rely on future possibilities that Bali will allow the child to live in Bali without her mother. It's a temporary fix, not a solution that addresses the fact that Mack is facing new charges.

Does the foster mother have her own motives here in terms of access to the trust account? Is she doing her best to keep control of the child for her own reasons? Did the trust account pay for the foster mother's airfare?

She has been arrested

49988355-10156333-Heather_Mack_26_left_was_seen_holding_hands_with_her_prison_born-a-57_1635915481657.jpg

Heather Mack arrested moments after landing in the US | Daily Mail Online

I wish DM had blocked the face of the daughter.

Thank you everyone for the updates! Wow to her attorney claiming the US is being “punitive”. She is responsible for a murder and punitive actions need to be taken. HM is disordered and dangerous - IMO - and her daughter at the very least deserves better.

I cheered when I read the news!

And of course that monster yanked her child from the family raising her.

As for her ridiculous attorney:

1. Double jeopardy doesn’t apply here, buddy. She wasn’t convicted in the US.
2. That’s right. 10 years (which she did not serve) was far from enough for the premeditated murder of her mother. (It still astounds me given what drug smugglers get there).
3. Dragged through another trial? Waaaa. Waaaa. Poor baby. She’s suffered so much for having her mother’s brains beaten in.

This is great news and I truly hope she gets more time than her US accomplice got.

I hope that Tommy's mother has rights regarding Stella. The murderer should not be calling the shots for the child. It's bad enough that the child was told that she's going on vacation when she and her mother are deported due to a murder conviction. Imagine the confusion for the child when her mother is arrested getting off the plane. What story will they tell the child about that?

And the FBI warned her to make separate arrangements. In other words, she knew she was going to be arrested. She didn’t care how that would affect her child.

What sort of legal rights does an Australian living in Bali have over a child in Chicago? She can't guarantee that she can look after the child for any length of time simply because her life and family are in Bali. She can't rely on future possibilities that Bali will allow the child to live in Bali without her mother. It's a temporary fix, not a solution that addresses the fact that Mack is facing new charges.

Does the foster mother have her own motives here in terms of access to the trust account? Is she doing her best to keep control of the child for her own reasons? Did the trust account pay for the foster mother's airfare?

Is the foster mother here and is she with the child?

Well, well, well Heather might not get back to Bali anytime soon. Poor Stella, This has to be making her feel afraid and insecure. Things happen for a reason though, and now Stella is on US soil. I didn't realize Kia was still ready to take custody through the courts. Yes, she had tried back then. Stella's future-- she deserves a real family that cares for her more than the money angle. MOO, the destiny of this little girl has been up in the air for too long.

Heather Mack Bali: Oak Park woman convicted of killing mother, stuffing body in suitcase, arrested at O'Hare airport Chicago - ABC7 Chicago

"She was taken into custody again as soon as she landed."

IMO, the Cook County judge in charge of the case regarding the estate, trust and guardianship of Stella is to blame for the situation regarding Stella today. What did he think would happen if he allowed Stella to stay in the prison for 2 years and then be handed over to a person who befriended HM in that prison? Not to mention handing over $150,000 US to a Bali attorney when he was explicitly told about how that would be used to corrupt the trial.

MOO

IMO, the Cook County judge in charge of the case regarding the estate, trust and guardianship of Stella is to blame for the situation regarding Stella today. What did he think would happen if he allowed Stella to stay in the prison for 2 years and then be handed over to a person who befriended HM in that prison? Not to mention handing over $150,000 US to a Bali attorney when he was explicitly told about how that would be used to corrupt the trial.

MOO

Yeah giving them that money was very wrong and unnecessary. But he had no control over Stella being housed with her mother in prison, after birth.

Her motives at the beginning were certainly questionable considering she chose to befriend a sociopathic murderer with a large inheritance who was getting a lot of media attention at the time. It’s always been assumed that she is being paid from the trust for Stella’s needs. It’s likely she gave some of those funds to HM so that she could maintain her “style of living” within the prison once she herself was cut off from the funds.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back