GUILTY IL - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, in suitcase in Bali, 12 Aug 2014 *fnd guilty in Bali* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to her interview with the NYP she’ll be staying in Chicago with a friend who has been supportive of her throughout her prison stay. While she claims she’s also been in touch with her father’s family, she just wants to take Stella there for a visit. There is no way anyone is going to get custody of Stella away from HM. Kia Walker, Tommy’s mother, tried when she was a baby living in a prison and she was denied.

As for HM losing patience? In normal circumstances I’d say she wouldn’t make a good mother but considering she’ll have no other responsibilities, she’ll be living with a friend and Stella will be her meal ticket, I’d say she’ll cope just fine. At least until they make it back to Bali and HM wants to actually resume a life.

MOO

Some parents over-program children to avoid spending time with them. It's never a good outcome for children who are over-programmed, but it would make Mack's life easy.

I agree HM is all of these things. She’s a master manipulator and she’ll continue to manipulate everyone around her to her advantage, just like she did in the prison. I don’t think Stella is going to be much of a challenge at her young age. It will be more interesting to see the dynamics between these two later on down the line when Stella finds out the truth of what her mother did.

MOO

True. Mack seems to think that she can hide what she did, but once that child can read, she can find the truth.

It seems to me that the child has two options after learning the truth - to accept that Mack did a necessary thing by murdering her mother and stuffing her into a suitcase, or she has to reject her mother on the basis that she is a dangerous and violent woman.

Some parents over-program children to avoid spending time with them. It's never a good outcome for children who are over-programmed, but it would make Mack's life easy.

Her life will get a lot easier when she is able to return to Bali. I believe she’ll either leave Stella with the foster family most of the time or they may even take her in as well.

If, for any reason, she is not able to return, that’s when things will likely get real for her and Stella will definitely suffer.

MOO

True. Mack seems to think that she can hide what she did, but once that child can read, she can find the truth.

It seems to me that the child has two options after learning the truth - to accept that Mack did a necessary thing by murdering her mother and stuffing her into a suitcase, or she has to reject her mother on the basis that she is a dangerous and violent woman.

There are 2 different versions of what happened when Sheila was murdered, the Bali court version and the truth. If Stella remains in Bali and perhaps never learns to read English, she may never know the truth and will accept her mother’s watered down version where she was an innocent young thing cowering in a bathroom when TS went berserk and murdered SVWM because she threatened him. o_O

MOO

There are 2 different versions of what happened when Sheila was murdered, the Bali court version and the truth. If Stella remains in Bali and perhaps never learns to read English, she may never know the truth and will accept her mother’s watered down version where she was an innocent young thing cowering in a bathroom when TS went berserk and murdered SVWM because she threatened him. o_O

MOO

If the child has a relationship with her father, her understanding of what happened will become confusing. He tells a different story, where Mack is the mastermind who arranged to have him in Bali to assist with the murder of her mother. He certainly didn't come up with that idea on his own - that much is obvious on the surface.

If the child has a relationship with her father, her understanding of what happened will become confusing. He tells a different story, where Mack is the mastermind who arranged to have him in Bali to assist with the murder of her mother. He certainly didn't come up with that idea on his own - that much is obvious on the surface.

TS has no relationship with either HM or Stella. Visits for him were cut off by HM long ago. When he completes his 18 years, he’ll be deported and hopefully his mother will help him pick up the pieces of his life. He’s gotten very religious in prison supposedly. I hope he manages to put it to good use when he returns to the US. That is, assuming that neither of them face federal charges for the conspiracy aspect of the murder that took place in the US before they left for Bali. TS just became collateral damage in the wake of HM and her quest to get her way.

MOO

Worth noting that when HM heads back to Bali, she's going to need a visa. That visa will have to be renewed regularly, up to six months, depending on the kind she gets. Then she'll have to do a 'visa run' - leave the country for two or three days before returning and starting all over with a new visa.

Interesting that she doesn't plan on working for the next six months, just getting to know her dad's family and keeping Stella up-to-date in school. That will be interesting - Bali is thirteen hours ahead of Chicago, so if school starts at 10 am Bali time, that will be 9 pm the day before in Chicago.

Worth noting that when HM heads back to Bali, she's going to need a visa. That visa will have to be renewed regularly, up to six months, depending on the kind she gets. Then she'll have to do a 'visa run' - leave the country for two or three days before returning and starting all over with a new visa.

Interesting that she doesn't plan on working for the next six months, just getting to know her dad's family and keeping Stella up-to-date in school. That will be interesting - Bali is thirteen hours ahead of Chicago, so if school starts at 10 am Bali time, that will be 9 pm the day before in Chicago.

It seems like a strange plan. She seems to want to remain in Bali, but what will she do there? What will she do in Chicago? Does she have any skills beyond murder and jailhouse tricks? How long will it take for her to re-connect with the useless street life she had before she murdered her mother?

I’m sure HM has all the support she needs in Bali to get trivial things like visa’s sorted out. The extended foster family have businesses so she can likely get work visas until she finds someone to marry for permanent status. :rolleyes:

That IS interesting to note that Stella will be taking classes in the evenings if she’s connected virtually to the school in Bali. I wonder how long that attempt will last? She’s quite young though so it won’t be a big deal if she ends up missing school for 6 months I guess.

MOO

“Suitcase killer” Heather Mack, who was released early from her 10-year sentence in Bali for helping murder her socialite mother, was driven to the airport under tight security Tuesday for her deportation back to Chicago.

Jamaruli Manihuruk, chief of the Bali regional office of the Ministry of Law and Human Rights, said Mack would fly from Jakarta to Chicago on Delta Air Lines.

He said his office has asked the central government to ban her from Indonesia for life.“

‘Suitcase Killer’ Heather Mack heads back to US on early release

“Suitcase killer” Heather Mack, who was released early from her 10-year sentence in Bali for helping murder her socialite mother, was driven to the airport under tight security Tuesday for her deportation back to Chicago.

Jamaruli Manihuruk, chief of the Bali regional office of the Ministry of Law and Human Rights, said Mack would fly from Jakarta to Chicago on Delta Air Lines.

He said his office has asked the central government to ban her from Indonesia for life.“

From your link - it sounds like Bali wants to wash their hands of a dangerous, violent woman who would stuff her murdered mother in a suitcase. Mack wanted to leave her daughter behind as an anchor so she can justify returning to Bali.

I'm sure she misses her mother only because her mother protected her and provided a comfortable lifestyle. She enjoyed abusing her mother.

There's no reason for the child to continue education in Bali. Mack should do the right thing and enrol the child in school in Chicago, or where ever it is she wants to live.

“Minors must be accompanied by their mothers when their mothers are deported. There is no policy that allows a mother to leave her underage child here,” said Amrizal, chief of the Bali immigration office.

“I really miss my mom, and everything in Chicago will remind me of her,” Mack said. "

I’m sure HM has all the support she needs in Bali to get trivial things like visa’s sorted out. The extended foster family have businesses so she can likely get work visas until she finds someone to marry for permanent status. :rolleyes:

That IS interesting to note that Stella will be taking classes in the evenings if she’s connected virtually to the school in Bali. I wonder how long that attempt will last? She’s quite young though so it won’t be a big deal if she ends up missing school for 6 months I guess.

MOO

What Mack wants, and what Bali wants, don't seem to be the same.

Mack hopes that she can live in Bali and that her daughter can live with the foster family. If she really wants her daughter to remain in the only home she knows, she should let the foster family adopt her daughter. However, Mack won't do that because Mack wants access to Stella's money.

Bali wants Mack deported and her daughter expelled with the mother. I would be surprised that the child could remain enrolled in a Bali school when the government wants Mack permanently banned from Indonesia.

I'm curious whether Mack was granted early release because her daughter is ready to start school, that it's believed to be in the best interests of the child to be enrolled in the same school system for all 12 grades.

Is the child enrolled in an American, or International, school in Bali? That might make a difference regarding enrolment. However, the time change makes it unrealistic for the child to attend from Chicago. Also, are there truancy laws about keeping a child out of school on the basis that Mack hopes to be allowed to return to Bali?

What Mack wants, and what Bali wants, don't seem to be the same.

Mack hopes that she can live in Bali and that her daughter can live with the foster family. If she really wants her daughter to remain in the only home she knows, she should let the foster family adopt her daughter. However, Mack won't do that because Mack wants access to Stella's money.

Bali wants Mack deported and her daughter expelled with the mother. I would be surprised that the child could remain enrolled in a Bali school when the government wants Mack permanently banned from Indonesia.

Bingo on the part about HM refusing to allow anyone to adopt Stella because she represents the cash flow IMO.

It will be interesting to see what influence the foster family may have in regards to plans for HM and Stella in the future. The family appears to be rather influential at least in Bali. Not sure if they can extend that influence to government officials in Jakarta.

MOO

Me too. What Heather really fears is that in Chicago Stella will learn the truth about her mother and father murdering her grandmother.

As soon as she is enrolled in school, parents will know and children as young as 6 will talk.

Heather was pregnant when she decided to murder her mother. She should have thought about the child at that time, but she didn't. She only thought about getting her hands on her mother's money. It's a bit late in the game to claim today that she wants to protect her daughter from her notoriety.

DM has a few photos of Stella being brought to the airport. I really feel so sorry for her. She has no idea what is happening and thinks she’s going on a fun vacation adventure. For her sake I hope that’s what it turns out to be. :(

Suitcase killer Heather Mack gets deported from Indonesia back to the US | Daily Mail Online

The child looks happy in the photos, but that cannot last long when Heather has no home, no skills and a history of violence and aggression when she doesn't get what she wants. This is not a vacation. This is placing a 6 year old child with a violent murderer. The child should be told that she's moving to the USA to live permanently with her mother. Lying to her now will only make it worse in the long run.

The child looks happy in the photos, but that cannot last long when Heather has no home, no skills and a history of violence and aggression when she doesn't get what she wants. This is not a vacation. This is placing a 6 year old child with a violent murderer. The child should be told that she's moving to the USA to live permanently with her mother. Lying to her now will only make it worse in the long run.
Can Sheila's brother apply for custody of Stella? I'd think that a murder conviction would qualify as an unfit mother.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoohoo27
Back