Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cops press on in missing boy case despite setback

The realization that 6-year-old Timmothy Pitzen’s car booster seat was at his grandmother’s home -- and not with the persons in whom his mother said she had trusted his care -- was a setback in the investigation to find the missing boy, authorities said today.

But police continue to follow leads in the case and may conduct another search for the boy later this week.

full article at link:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...case-despite-setback-20110523,0,5668071.story

"I don't care who has him at this point, I just want him to be able to come home," said Jen West. "It's got to be traumatic for him, he doesn't have anything that's his. Nothing. She didn't take anything with her. No clothes, no toys of his, nothing. Their house is exactly the same as if they were to have gone to work."

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-news-missing-boy-update,0,4240424.story

Not good at all.

It's hard to imagine she passed him onto to someone with no booster/car seat and none of his belongings. No one coming forward if they expected to hear from Amy and did not. Almost 2 weeks of missed school. No reported sightings confirmed or rumor.

Still praying and hoping against all odds he is found safely.

One thing I haven't seen in the media is more of a push with photo's of the vehicle Amy and Timmothy were known to be traveling in and photo's of mom. I can't help but wonder if it would help LE's timeline if they were requesting information on sightings of mom and if she was seen with Timmy between 1pm and the time she checked into the motel alone.

Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but I really want this little guy found soon.

I don't think the child is okay or with anyone. I think she just did not want him found deceased along with her, as then there would be no doubt as to what she did to him. This way, there is some doubt, at least for now...

I don't think the child is okay or with anyone. I think she just did not want him found deceased along with her, as then there would be no doubt as to what she did to him. This way, there is some doubt, at least for now...

I tend to agree for the most part. What throws me is why then not just ensure niether would be found? What would be the point of ensuring she was in a place where she could be found as opposed to not doing something to disappear herself, the child and the vehicle?

I'm trying to think of a case similiar to this one - well where a murder suicide occured and the murder victim was not found but the suicide victim was. Everything coming to mind is similiar to the Skelton brothers where the person did not succeed in killing themself. Anyone recall a case where the circumstances were similiar to the Fry-Pitzen case?

Maybe she decided to kill herself after taking in what she had done to her child...but still was not ready to admit it.

A recent case that comes to kind is Alessia and Livia Schepp, who's father took them on holiday and then threw himself under a train in Italy. The two girls have still not been found. He did this to torture his ex-wife.

I tend to agree for the most part. What throws me is why then not just ensure niether would be found? What would be the point of ensuring she was in a place where she could be found as opposed to not doing something to disappear herself, the child and the vehicle?

I'm trying to think of a case similiar to this one - well where a murder suicide occured and the murder victim was not found but the suicide victim was. Everything coming to mind is similiar to the Skelton brothers where the person did not succeed in killing themself. Anyone recall a case where the circumstances were similiar to the Fry-Pitzen case?

Missing twins Alessia and Livia Schepp.
Dad committed suicide and the girls have yet to be found.

Thanks lightlady and chasing.halos I had forgotten about the Schepp case. That's fairly recent too.

I'm from the Quad Cities and we've had several news articles about Timmothy that I've seen here but it's only been in the last few days or so that I've noticed them.

My take in just what I've read is none if this makes any sense! She obviously loved him very much so what's the point? If she was planning on killing them both, why would she go through the trouble of hiding him and not herself? If she planned this and wanted to take him to have fun and end with a murder suicide then why would she hide him? What would be the point? Were there troubles or abuse in her marriage? From what I've read that has been denied but that's the only things I can think of is that she would hide him to cause distress to her husband.

I was hopeful when it was said that the car seat and backpack were gone. Now the car seat was never with them. Also, I'm not sure exactly what was bought as far as "clothes and toys". What kind were they? I know it hasn't been said so far but that would make a difference in what the outcome might be for him.

The Mississippi is still pretty high around here even though the flooding is basically gone. Lots of debris, current etc....that makes me nervous that she came this way because of the river :(

I hope Timmothy is found safe and he really was with someone who loves him and that person took very good care of him. If he is found, he's going to have a lot of healing to do when he finds out his Mommy is gone and has no closure.

One thing I had thought of is that his Mom was buried awfully quickly. If it were me I would have held of for at least a little longer, just to be able to give Timmothy some closure or something. I'm not a child psychologist, so I don't know what would be best for a child this age.

Been lurking and checking for updates on this horrible case.

Reminds me of Trenton Duckett .. who still has not been found .. although the mom waited a week or two to kill herself, she took his whereabouts to the grave with her. :( so sad. These selfish women should not be "allowed" to have babies.

OK, where do I begin...this case, like no other, is keeping me up at night and I am constantly distracted by the confusion around the information and facts or lack thereof.

First, my interest and/or priority would be to find Timmothy, not the families feelings....no disrespect, I think they would all agree. Secondly, I have to assume because I don't know any better, that LE/investigators are better at their job then I am, but....I shall speak my mind at this point....

This case stinks! There are so many unanswered questions and suspiciousness around this case it's making my sick. I can hardly gather my own feelings and thoughts. The facts are critical, yet changing along with gaping holes! So many simple and logical questions that could or should have been answered are either 1)NOT being shared with the media/public, 2)LE has NOT released for some specific leads or 3)they are inept.

1) information not being shared....I'm not sure if LE only share a limited amount of information, but if they want leads they need help form sites like this and from the general public....if they do not share we cannot help. Anything can be a clue, so put the information out there. i.e....how did Amy get home to get her car, is it truly a 2nd family car, why doens't she drive to work, how much cash did she have on hand (estimate, hubby should know),where did they eat on Wed...what did Dad do after he showed up to school at 10:30 and learned that his wife had picked up Tim from school at 8:45, unplanned, in a car she didn't have and he didn't know where she was....did he really say that he went back to work and did he really do to sleep that night and not report them missing until around noon on Thursday???? If this is true, why...what is Daddy's excuse? I could go on and that's just the first couple of hours he was missing...

2) LE has a lead or info that they are withholding becuase of a suspect or lead or suspicion they have on the case....however, if they have this it has not been communicated they they have something...they lead the public to believe they have nothing. Are they allowing the family & fiends to speak out in hopes they foul up....this lead, if that's the case, should not take this long and some additional infromation would either provide a suspect in custody or clear someone....I've heard neither. If they are withholding evidence/facts for a reason, their suspicion is being diminished every hour that nothing comes to fruition.....which brings me to...

3)LE is inept....I want to be careful in this statement, but if the questions from #1 have not been answered, and surely they don't need me to spell out the rest of the 'gaps' in the timeline and information that would create the 'story' and either clear names or create suspicion amongst possible suspects, than I have to resort to this....LE had better already have the answers to all these questions, but the car seat showing up later is a blatent lack of due diligence of any investigation. (i.e. I have kids, if a car seat is missing, first question is who'd we lend it to last...grandparents, baby sitters, etc are logical and clear places to start and it absolutely SHOULD NOT take this many days to uncover this....

At one point the father, Jim, stated that Amy and him had no blow-up or fight to trigger this, however at another point stated that she was not in a good place....why did he wait to report.

Sometime we look to hard for things (i.e. Rock Falls, Sterling, etc) instead of the most logical place, like in our own home! What WAS going on at home, because regardless of why she killed herself, her first motive was to remove Timmothy from his home/current life/or situation?????????????

I only hope this helps find him, I really don't care if I've pissed anyone off. Sorry, I have a 6 yr old!

Pjessie, you did a great job on that post!

I know that it is possible that the mom in this case was unstable for whatever reason and decided to kill her son before killing herself, but I think that police and others may have a tendency to jump to that conclusion because it is quick and convenient, yet it is not necessarily the right answer.

From the beginning, I've thought that this mother was hiding from someone who she feared would find them and bring harm to both her and her son. If she simply feared her husband, I think that she might have left the child with a close friend or relative and fled alone, as far away as she could get, until she could obtain legal help. The fact that she secretly took the boy and never stayed put at any location long, screams to me that her fear was for the child. The fact that the boy is apparently not with anyone known to his father rells me that it is the father who she felt posed a threat to the boy.

Whether Mom was justified in her fear or not is irrelevant to me at this point, because the important thing is to make sure the child is alive and well.

I feel that this angle needs to be thoroughly explored since efforts to find the boy so far seem to have turned up absolutely no clue.

I have stated before that suicides can be faked, but even if she without a doubt killed herself, it could have been because she knew that she was the only link to wherever the child is now, and she did not want to risk being compelled to reveal his location for fear that his father would get access to him.

The father could be a villan or he could be completely innocent of any wrongdoing, but I believe it is very possible that finding the mother's motive in this case is the clue which will lead to finding Timmothy.

I believe someone (family member or the like) stated that Amy had recently told them that she felt like she needed to get away. From what?

She fled, unplanned and unpacked and didn't stay in any one place. Did Key Lime Cove not have her room available for another night, why switch to another water park? Was she bouncing around because she didn't have reservations or because she was running from someone, something? Little clues and timelines can help to create some scenarios that might answer such quesitons that would help with the motive as to where he is. Who did she talk to in Sterling/Rock Falls, if they have her cell pings, they have her number, pull the transaction log, where were the calls made to .....does that create a pattern? Is it just friends, just paternal relatives, just maternal relatives, just Iowa calls.....

......this case is SCREAMING for more in depth investigation!!!!

Cubby, I agree....about the Key Lime Cove link.....where's the receipt? It would show everthing they bought there....furthermore, get the data from her credit card company...even if it's not a detailed transaction, is it just the room + tax, or are there other incidentals, room service, purchases?

What and how much did she buy at Racine and Winnebago? Where are the receipts, the goods?

MORE INFO LE !!!!!!!

I may be alone in this, but then we're all just speculating and guessing right now so I'll put in my two cents (again).

I just don't see in Amy a woman who was on the run from an abusive spouse or anything like that. I see a woman who was very, very seriously depressed and running from her life (not running for her life). I picture her just deciding 'I can't take this anymore' and wanting to show her son a good time before she ended her life. She picks him up, takes him to the zoo, then heads north and stays at a couple of water parks/resorts with him. Then she turns back to Illinois.

If she were in fear for her life and her child's, I don't think she would have headed in that direction, and she wouldn't have been leaving a credit card trail since leaving home. Heading back to Illinois, she may have even thought they'd go home; after all, she did get down to I-88. She was so close but then turned the other way instead. And that's where my interest lies--what did she do next, and why did she do it? It's Friday afternoon and evening where the important questions lie for me. I've wondered if maybe all along she had a plan to meet somebody on that Friday and give Timmothy to them.

As I said in the first few days, the one thing that I question is why LE has not said what kind of clothes and toys she bought on her road trip. Those could trigger something in a witness's memory.

Something that's always been a little confusing in the reports about this are those phone calls from the Sterling-Rock Falls area--the ones where Timmothy was last heard. Some of the reports early on said that a relative talked to him, but others since have said that a relative heard him in the background saying he was hungry. Did they really hear Timmothy, or did they hear a kid (some other kid?) in the background? Was Timmothy really there at that point?

I have been going back and forth in my mind about whether I think he is safe or not. At first I thought he was, then I thought he couldn't be or whoever had him would have come forth, and now I'm back to thinking he's alive somewhere. Somehow I just can't (or don't want to) believe that she harmed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff