IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this case isn't getting much attention because there's no "villain" -- the person who made Timmothy disappear is dead, and if he's still alive, the people who have him are most likely well-intentioned.

I work at a news TV station in Indiana and I think that you are spot on with this comment. The lack of a living villain combined with a general murky narrative and no new details are why it isn't getting covered.

If there's nothing new to report and no villain to anger viewers with, it won't get reported on - especially given that May is a ratings month.

I just heard on WGN Radio that the car seat that was thought to be missing from the mother's car was at Timmothy's grandmother's house all along.

I just heard on WGN Radio that the car seat that was thought to be missing from the mother's car was at Timmothy's grandmother's house all along.

Here's confirmation :

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20110521/news/705219915/

[Snipped]

Missing Aurora boy’s car seat found

Authorities said Saturday they confirmed 6-year-old Timmothy’s car seat has been with his maternal grandmother since before May 11, when his mother checked him out of Greenman Elementary School, beginning a trip that started with stops at a few resorts in Illinois and Wisconsin and ended with Amy Fry-Pitzen dead and Timmothy nowhere to be found.

The backpack still has not been found, Aurora police said Saturday. Also not located are toys and clothing Fry-Pitzen purchased for Timmothy on May 12 in Racine, Wis., according to a police investigation of credit card records.

Yeah no problem!

It seems odd to me that the car seat, which is one of the only things that police have to go on as far as a possible narrative, and is mentioned in just about every news story I read - would be at the Grandmothers house and nobody would realize? Maybe with all the craziness that I'm sure is happening in that family right now they just hadn't put two and two together.

It's been there since before Timmothy disappeared from school, which leads me to believe the parents didn't even use it regularly.

It seems odd to me that the car seat, which is one of the only things that police have to go on as far as a possible narrative, and is mentioned in just about every news story I read - would be at the Grandmothers house and nobody would realize? Maybe with all the craziness that I'm sure is happening in that family right now they just hadn't put two and two together.

I thought that was odd, too.

At least we know (I guess--there seems to be a lot of confusion with this case) that the things she bought at ShopKo weren't in the car. I have been wondering whether they'd found that stuff in the car. I still don't know why they wouldn't mention what kind of clothes and toys they were, unless they have some reason not to release that info.

I wonder what kind of clothes did the mother buy? Maybe she bought the toys and clothes to bury him in them? I know it is morbid but the thought just popped in my mind.

It seems more logical to me that this might not have been a planned out trip and that she could have stopped to buy clothes and toys because she didn't have any with her other than what he was wearing.

The store she shopped at was a Shopko which sells mostly casual clothes, about the dressiest they get is school uniforms.

The fact she purchased toys along with clothes is a little comforting to me. It makes me feel like, at least at the time she purchased them, she didn't intend to harm him.

The thing that I'm baffled about in all of this though is why she would have a fun weekend with her son, going to resorts and (if I remember correctly) a water park - buying toys and such ... and then in a dead span of 8 hours have it all go so south? What happened?

It seems more logical to me that this might not have been a planned out trip and that she could have stopped to buy clothes and toys because she didn't have any with her other than what he was wearing.

The store she shopped at was a Shopko which sells mostly casual clothes, about the dressiest they get is school uniforms.

The fact she purchased toys along with clothes is a little comforting to me. It makes me feel like, at least at the time she purchased them, she didn't intend to harm him.

The thing that I'm baffled about in all of this though is why she would have a fun weekend with her son, going to resorts and (if I remember correctly) a water park - buying toys and such ... and then in a dead span of 8 hours have it all go so south? What happened?

One reason could be that she was contemplating suicide and either: she wanted to spend some last time with Timmothy before she died, or she wanted to see if she could experience joy and not kill herself and continue living?

Possibilities. I've never been in that low a place myself so I don't know how the mindset would go ...

This whole story just breaks my heart, even if he is ok, what a sad sequence of events.

As I work for Tribune, I've emailed a couple of the reporters at WGN who are following this story and have asked them if they have recieved or could request clarification on the toys and clothes on the receipts from Shopko. If they get any info I'll pass along.

I noticed that Amy's funeral services were held at a LDS (Mormon) Church. Does anyone know if the family is LDS?

Prayers that Timothy is found safe and sound.

Sadly, we can never get into the mind of why a mentally ill person does what he/she does. I just hope that she didn't harm him but I have to wonder if her suicide ending had to do with the fact that she just might have.

This case somehow reminds me of a few other cases. :(

Possibilities. I've never been in that low a place myself so I don't know how the mindset would go ...

This whole story just breaks my heart, even if he is ok, what a sad sequence of events.

As I work for Tribune, I've emailed a couple of the reporters at WGN who are following this story and have asked them if they have recieved or could request clarification on the toys and clothes on the receipts from Shopko. If they get any info I'll pass along.

I noticed that Amy's funeral services were held at a LDS (Mormon) Church. Does anyone know if the family is LDS?

Thank you for any updates you can provide.

The sad truth is, when we have similar mentally ill people in our families we learn that they simply do not have the capability to think out logically, what to do, in what sequence, etc.
For instance, one may choose to buy toys for their child (or children), and in a manic state, drive many many miles, rushing about to say (without saying so) goodbye to various people they knew and loved at one time or other.
All of this prior to killing themselves. (suicide)

Yet after we find out the end result we question, "yes but why did they do it this way and not this way"......

The point is, no one would kill themselves if they were in a good state of mind and rational.
Most are truly irrational. I'm sure a few may be still rational, but most are not (imo)

The idea of "fun times " can be simply the recognition that "baby and I will be here on earth only today, and today will be a really good day "
and not any more depth of thinking then this goes into it.

Putting the child down to sleep somewhere even in a new suit of clothes, could be simply a mindset that believes in the afterlife,but in a "peculiar type of way" that we might not get.

Some believe literally they cross over and their child is there waiting for them.
Maybe this is so, who knows.

IF she was LDS, there could have been a distorted image of this type of family reunion.

She did say that she left him with those (unnamed) who loved him.

Who could love us more then Jesus?

Yeah no problem!

It's been there since before Timmothy disappeared from school, which leads me to believe the parents didn't even use it regularly.

I find it really odd. Early MSM articles indicate dad drove Timmy to school and then dropped mom off at work. I'd think dad would know if his son was in a car seat or not when he drove Timmy to school Wednesday morning. If Amy was with the same vehicle Dad used to drop Timmy off at school he would have indicated the car seat was not in the vehicle much sooner.

If dad had to drop Mom off at work that would lead one to believe they had one vehicle between them or moms vehicle was in the shop. Moms vehicle being in the shop doesn't seem to make much sense if she checked Timmy out of school less than an hour after he was dropped off.

How then did Amy get from work without having a vehicle (if MSM reports are accurate) to another vehicle, either the one dad dropped her off in (in which case he should have been alarmed when he discovered his vehicle was missing from his place of employment) or her own vehicle which didn't have the car seat?

Maybe dads vehicle had a car seat but moms didn't and he was unaware the car seat had been removed from moms car. Which I find hard to comprehend because my 8.5 yr old just stopped using a car booster seat within the last month. IL law is they must be in a booster until age 8 and 80 lbs but the recomendation is until they reach a ht of 4'9". Timmy was neither 8, 80lbs or close to 4'9". Also because my sons grandparents spend so much time with their grandchildren they both have their own car seats and booster seats for their grandchildren.
It doesn't seem they would be lax with using car seats if grandma had one.

Initially I didn't think anyone on either side of the family could have possibly assisted with hiding Timmy, but with this most recent information on the maternal grandmother having Timmy's car seat I'm not so sure. I don't want to believe someone from the maternal family could be hiding Timmy, but it taking 11 days to determine the location of the car seat leaves me scratching my head.

I also can't help but wonder if the car seat found with maternal grandmother was in fact the one owned by Amy or one the grandparent purchased themself.

I can see a possible reason why the maternal grandparents might hide a child if the childs mother were deceased. Especially if they believed they would lose contact with the father being the sole legal guardian. I'm not saying this is the case with Timmothy's maternal grandparents, just thinking in general. I don't know what the relationship was like between Timmy's father and his maternal relatives - just thinking most of whom we've seen pleading for Timmy's safe return are paternal relatives.

Also, maybe the reason LE has not released the info on the toys and clothing purchased is because they have good reason to believe the person holding Timmy has knowledge of those items. So while they are interviewing and reinterviewing family and friends they are waiting to see if anyone mentions them slipping up having knowledge of them.

jmo

Police today released a more recent picture of Timmothy Pitzen, the 6-year-old Aurora boy who has been missing since his mother apparently committed suicide inside a Rockford hotel room.

186569220-21143613.jpg
Timmothy Pitzen (Police photo / May 21, 2011)

Also in the press release Saturday, police corrected their spelling for the missing boy's first name to Timmothy.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...or-son-of-dead-woman-20110521,0,5866518.story

I will notify the mods to update the thread title to the correct spelling of Timmothy's name.

AURORA — Suburban Chicago authorities searching for a 6-year-old boy say that at least one of the steps his mother took before she committed suicide that suggested the boy was safe did not happen.

full short article at link

http://www.rrstar.com/updates/x1555988749/Search-continues-for-son-of-woman-who-died-in-Rockford

If she drove him around between Wednesday and Friday without a car/booster seat it is still possible, imo, she passed him onto someone without a car seat.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member