IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why she didn't leave her son with his father or at least leave word to him as to where he can find his son?

Should add, I am still hopeful LE can locate the person who made the charges at the Shopko in Racine and the Qwik-Trip near Johnson Creek. If this person had contact with Amy while she was at Key Lime Cove it could be of value to LE's search for Timothy.

ETA: Scratch the above. MSM info MarthaM posted a few posts above indicate the initial reporting of the purchases being made on Friday were inaccurate. The credit card purchases were made on Thursday.

The site below has updated their story to change her stops in Racine and Johnson Creek to be on Thursday, not Friday. That's what I thought might be the case. The ShopKo store in Racine is the first department store that you'd run across when if you took the Hwy 20 (Washington Ave) exit into Racine when headed north on the interstate from Illinois. I think they just stopped there, bought some things since she probably didn't actually pack for this trip, maybe ate lunch at a restaurant nearby (there are many). Then they headed back to the interstate to go on to the Dells, stopping in Johnson Creek for gas.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...if-hes-alive-or-dead-20110516,0,6910531.story

Edit to add that I think it was an error that they said 'Friday' for these two stops in the initial reporting about it the other day, when they should have said 'Thursday'.

Thank you MarthaM! I've read those purchases were made on Friday so many times I skipped right past the day and was looking at the time the purchases were made.

Well, that they were confirmed to have been on Thursday rather than Friday certainly leads me to be more optimistic. Phew!

The ShopKo stop was in Racine, not Madison.

I saw your updated post after I posted. My theory on the above was based on the initial inaccurate reporting the purchases were made on Friday.

Thank you sooo much for finding that!

:bedtime:

This case is keeping me up too late too many nights in a row now. 6:30 am will roll around too quickly so goodnight everyone and hopefully later this morning will bring some answers and good news on Timothy's whereabouts.

The wording [ with someone who loves him] is very troublesome, imo. It seems to imply his remaining family do not love him. And if there really was someone out there that 'really loved him' they would be known by the relatives. It sounds like she might have been alluding to God, and that is just hard to accept, too tragic to think about. He is such a happy, loving and adorable kid.

It sounds like she might have been alluding to God, and that is just hard to accept, too tragic to think about.

I'm hoping she wasn't referring to God or even to family member(s) who have passed on, but the thought crossed my mind. :(

I'm trying to think positive, but after 4 days I'm really starting to wonder.

Thanks for the information clarification that the Racine, WI and Johnson Creek, WI credit card transactions occured on Thursday, that is what I suspected....that creates a very logical route from Gurnee to Dells....and logical stops.

I too hope the wording on the note is not an interpretive reference to God, a relative or even herself....her taking of her own life seems very premeditated.

Still some strange issues linger: Why call relatives on Friday from Sterling? They were both missing for almost 48 hours, and searched for for 24 hours. Why did the father wait until noon Thursday to report....I don't mean to second guess in hindsite, but would anyone go to bed and wait until the next day to find their missing wife and child? If she gave the boy to someone, then her whole trip was premediated, and likely her suicide was too.....this is a bit strange to plan such a suiicde? Why would you give your child away to someone....something at home wasn't right in her eyes? I'm very confused...they has to be 'more' to this story. I do hope he is safe!

The noon local news from Milwaukee finally gave this story more time today, but they're still using the timeline that had the c/c used in Racine and Johnson Creek on Friday. If the adjustment to that being on Thursday is correct, not all news sources have picked up on it.

Cubby...
Thanks for the note. I've never been on here, and I don't normally obsess about stories like these, but this one has bugged me since the first story I read. There was very confusing data, and like you, I immediately had issue with the geographic logistics and timeline of the story. Now that the 2 stops really happeded on Thurs, which makes more sense, I still find myself puzzled by much of the information provided.

One account stated that there was no recent dispute between mom & dad, another said that there was? Furthermore, one report stated that the dad had stated that Amy was 'not in a very good place'...first of all that is a term used by people concerning depression, but the dad reported there had been no signs of depression for 15 years...BUT furthermore, if that was the case and she wasn't in a good place, what caused him to wait until Thursday at Noon to report that she wasn't at work on Wed (one report stated he dropped her off at work Wed morn)....so most likely he would have attempted to pick her up....surely he would have begun to ask question and learned that she wasn't at work all day if he hadn't already attempted to check in with her....and the boy doesn't come after school and is missing......WHY WAIT?????

MOTIVE?? It is a bit ironic that mom had two motives or plans...1) to take her own life and 2) to displace her son to a new home.

Really, I hope the best for the boy and family and don't mean to second guess, but there seems to be more to it and maybe the complete story will help find the boy.....of only 6 years old. I have a 7, 8, and yr old....I know the innocence and sweetness that age and how impacted they are by events.

pjessie - I have many of the same questions and concerns as you do. Initially I had more hope. Having followed many cases for some time I think she killed him. Either as a result of being psychotic or purely as revenge against his father. Maybe displaced anger for her pain, but that is just a guess/gut feeling.

My gut is telling me she placed him in water. Maybe in the river between Sterling and Rock Falls. Likely on her return trip from the IA/IL border.

LE needs to get the cell phones pinged and triangulated to determine her route. Get out there and start canvasing for anyone who saw them. They need to eliminate/clarify she was near Racine and Johnson Creek on Thursday so they don't waste a lot of man hours on false leads/tips.

Once they identify her route they need to organize a search party - foot search, water search. They need a group like TES. http://texasequusearch.org/ (Many at WS believe Tim Millerness is like Godliness).

I think she had this planned when she left. I think she had probably told her family they were not in danger before and they had no reason to doubt her..... I will pray for them. Sometimes when people refuse to get help there is simply nothing that can be done to prevent situations such as this. The only person who bares responsiblity is Amy.

Forgive me if I sound harsh, but for God's sake if suicide is a must please don't take your children out with you.

Prayers LE doesn't keep the general public in the dark much longer. I know there would be people out there willing to search at the request. It has now passed the 5 day mark since he was last seen and he needs to be found.

Praying you are found soon Timmothy and praying against all odds you come home safely.

OT- for anyone following the story on the little unidentified boy found in Maine, he has been id'd. His mother deliberately overdosed him (at least that is what initial MSM reports are saying.)

Additionally, I can not understand why a photo of her vehicle, the spiderman back pack and the car seat have not been released to the general public so people know what to look for if they see something out of the ordinary.

The obviously contradicting info released about the timeline and locations within an hour of each other which is clearly impossible - and unrealistic to think she wouldn't have been pulled over flying down 94 had she been there is giving this a keystone cops aspect to this case. Unless she was driving one of those jet fuel racecars from Union Grove and the great lakes drag strip it is virtually impossible for her to have been from the Dells to Racine in an hour.

I'm not sure about how I feel about the US Marshalls being involved. When I tried the 800 number which was answered by a recording for the Great Lakes area US Marshalls to submit a possible tip for the child now named as Atcel formerly DuPage Johnny Doe no one ever called me back from that 800 number and it took months for me to confirm the tip was received. and only AFTER getting my local LE to submit the tip to DuPage. (and it wasn't easy for him to get through to DuP' either.) :banghead:

I'm hoping the lack of additional information available is because LE is still getting their ducks in a row. I don't believe this child is just going to miracously fall into their lap. It is probably going to be a lot of foot work, info released and a civilian tip which leads to locating this precious child.

:rant:

Focus of search for missing Aurora boy shifts west

The search for the missing Aurora kindergartner has shifted to the Sterling and Rock Falls area, the last place his mother used her cell phone.

<snip>

On Wednesday, family members and police officers began distributing fliers with Timmothy’s picture at rest stops, restaurants, gas stations, and businesses along Interstates 88 and 39 corridors near Rock Falls.

Full article at link:

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/5453374-418/focus-of-search-for-missing-boy-shifts-west.html

Been praying for this little guy. I agree - LE best be triangulating. I hope its not too late, but I know the odds here.

Cubby...
Thanks for the note. I've never been on here, and I don't normally obsess about stories like these, but this one has bugged me since the first story I read. There was very confusing data, and like you, I immediately had issue with the geographic logistics and timeline of the story. Now that the 2 stops really happeded on Thurs, which makes more sense, I still find myself puzzled by much of the information provided.

One account stated that there was no recent dispute between mom & dad, another said that there was? Furthermore, one report stated that the dad had stated that Amy was 'not in a very good place'...first of all that is a term used by people concerning depression, but the dad reported there had been no signs of depression for 15 years...BUT furthermore, if that was the case and she wasn't in a good place, what caused him to wait until Thursday at Noon to report that she wasn't at work on Wed (one report stated he dropped her off at work Wed morn)....so most likely he would have attempted to pick her up....surely he would have begun to ask question and learned that she wasn't at work all day if he hadn't already attempted to check in with her....and the boy doesn't come after school and is missing......WHY WAIT?????

MOTIVE?? It is a bit ironic that mom had two motives or plans...1) to take her own life and 2) to displace her son to a new home.

Really, I hope the best for the boy and family and don't mean to second guess, but there seems to be more to it and maybe the complete story will help find the boy.....of only 6 years old. I have a 7, 8, and yr old....I know the innocence and sweetness that age and how impacted they are by events.

WELCOME to WS. What a well thought out post. I agree with your thoughts.

If my husband picked up the kids at school and took them out someplace,without mentioning his plans to do so, I would be concerned. That is something you would discuss first, imo. And if he did so, and they did not return home by bedtime, I would be very very concerned. I am wondering if there is more to the story.

Thinking more about this case. IF someone were holding Timothy why wouldn't they have come forward by now? LE has mentioned in MSM foul play is not suspected AND that they do not believe Timothy was abducted. They've worded their statements carefully to give whomever might have Timothy some ease. Even if somene holding TFP were concerned for their rights contacting LE directly they always have the option of contacting an attorney (or similiar) who could work on their behalf to come forward.

No one on either dads or moms side of the family has said anything negative about Amy. They have been nothing but supportive here, in other words there doesn't appear to be external evidence of bad blood between the two sides which might prevent someone who has TFP from coming forward.

As to dad not reporting them missing until the following day. If Amy has any history of needing a break or time away (MSM indicates this is a possiblity) perhaps he was trying to be respectful and supportive by allowing her that time and they would talk about it when she was ready versus him 'forcing' the issue. Perhaps he only became concerned after confirming no one had spoken to her, not the usual group of friends she was in contact with when she previously needed time or space and that is what set off his alarm Thursday when he reported her missing.

I'm so lost on why Aurora LE is not pressing for more media attention. IL (at least Northern IL) is so different from how we usually see other outside of state jurisdictions respond to missing persons reports. Especially those of very young children.

I'm hoping they will reach out and do a media push once they feel they have exhausted all leads their working on now?

Also my apologies if I was harsh earlier. After reading about the circumstances of the young boy found in Maine being id'd and the circumstances surrounding his death I was a bit heated.....

Just praying Timothy is found soon and wishing I wasn't so far from Rock Falls and Sterling because I'd certainly be out there searching myself.

The tiny shred of hope that I am holding on to is that she convinced somebody that her boy was in danger of his 'abusive father' or some story like that. It is the only good reason to believe someone would not come forward as yet. But I don't know why she would do that since the father has no history of that. IDK

I am still afraid that in her warped sense of perception, she was protecting him from pain by sending him to 'eternal love.' I hope not.

I have the same fears katydid'. I fear she believed he would suffer the same pain she felt and wanted to spare him of such intense pain.

I had thought perhaps she took his life because she didn't want him to feel the pain of losing his mother but considering the pain the others are feeling that might not have been how she felt.

Maybe no more pain and eternal love for both of them together?

Please Lord, let this child be found soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67