IL IL - Urooj Khan, 46, Chicago, 20 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There was no cyanide in the remaining tissue, either.

I wonder if this means there will never be any justice in this case. :(

They really, really, really messed up by not doing autopsy from the start.
Sounds like the body was too decomposed to figure anything out.
But they do have a blood test with cyanide poisoining so I am still hoping for justice.

The ruling is murder due to the cyanide in the blood samples taken at time of death. The tissue samples taken during autopsy were too far decomposed to still detect cyanide in them. Mr. Khan did have a large blockage to his major coronary artery and the side effects from the cyanide of reduced oxygenation could have caused his death. Here is a clip of the doctor's explanation.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/national...ide/-/14285942/19140486/-/dnk93r/-/index.html

Widow and daughter will split estate of poisoned $1 million lotto winner

"The estate of a Chicago man who was poisoned to death right after he won $1 million on a scratch-off lottery ticket will be split between his widow and his daughter from a previous marriage, ending a fight in court."

"The settlement was confirmed Thursday by a lawyer for the widow. The widow and daughter agreed not to sue each other for wrongful death unless a criminal investigation yields new information."

"A medical examiner ruled in March that the lottery winner, Urooj Khan, was killed by cyanide poisoning. The medical examiner said that he could not determine how the cyanide was administered."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...state-of-poisoned-1-million-lotto-winner?lite

The ruling is murder due to the cyanide in the blood samples taken at time of death. The tissue samples taken during autopsy were too far decomposed to still detect cyanide in them. Mr. Khan did have a large blockage to his major coronary artery and the side effects from the cyanide of reduced oxygenation could have caused his death. Here is a clip of the doctor's explanation.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/national...ide/-/14285942/19140486/-/dnk93r/-/index.html

If he was poisoned by cyanide, he would have died regardless of whether he had any blockage to his artery.
I find it very sad that apparently no one will be charged here, likely because investigation wasn't done from the start.

Basically there are 3 people involved. There are money motives, LE is having trouble making a case, so they are in limbo unless someone talks IMO.

Based on what relative says in the recent article, doesn't seem like LE is even trying to make the case.

The cyanide was a false positive. He had a heart attack and produced a metabolic artifact called "malondialdehyde" which reacts with the cyanide assay reagents to produce a colored product like in a cyanide reaction. There was no cyanide present at all. I know of six of these cyanide false positive cases.

The cyanide was a false positive. He had a heart attack and produced a metabolic artifact called "malondialdehyde" which reacts with the cyanide assay reagents to produce a colored product like in a cyanide reaction. There was no cyanide present at all. I know of six of these cyanide false positive cases.

What proof do you have this is a cyanide false positive case? You posted a similar claim on another thread, also without providing any links or proof.

The evidence is in the data. The amounts they found were inconsistent with each other and with cyanide symptoms, just like the other two cases I commented on. Meanwhile, I happen to have first-hand info about the common cyanide assays and know what they cross-react with. You could say I am the leading world expert on cyanide (and methanol) false positives.

The evidence is in the data. The amounts they found were inconsistent with each other and with cyanide symptoms, just like the other two cases I commented on. Meanwhile, I happen to have first-hand info about the common cyanide assays and know what they cross-react with. You could say I am the leading world expert on cyanide (and methanol) false positives.

You commented on the case on another thread which coroner ruled a suicide, claiming it was actually natural causes, just like you are claiming here.
I would presume coroner who actually examined the victim knows more than you do.

The medical examiner & I got into a bit of correspondence. Actually, he did NOT know anything about pharmacology, or even anything about the details of the analytical chemistry. He just trusted the lab blindly. People with fancy titles do not necessarily know anything. Ultimately, the data wins the day, not the fancy title. And quite frankly, you have to be skeptical of anyone working for the government. Their job is not truth and clarity. Their job is helping the police to convict. They are a sausage factory.

Impressive. You might want to look into being a Verified Insider, profession, based on your scientific knowledge. All very interesting!

The medical examiner & I got into a bit of correspondence. Actually, he did NOT know anything about pharmacology, or even anything about the details of the analytical chemistry. He just trusted the lab blindly. People with fancy titles do not necessarily know anything. Ultimately, the data wins the day, not the fancy title. And quite frankly, you have to be skeptical of anyone working for the government. Their job is not truth and clarity. Their job is helping the police to convict. They are a sausage factory.

Thank you for responding to questions in a very honest non-critical manner.

We would all like to think that a professional's title has some meaning, but that is often not the case.

I always double check what I am told by a professional. Especially veterinarians and lawyers.

(I amnot referring to our verified lawyers on Websleuths or any lawyers verified or not, that post here. Obviously they are different since they are interested in justice and are posting and sharing information, without pay.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pennypiper
Back