IL IL - Valerie Percy, 21, Kenilworth, 18 September 1966

Status
Not open for further replies.
THe Kaczynski family home was in Evergreen Park, which is not 15 minutes from Percy's former home. It's more like 35 minutes.

It was serial killer Richard Macek who lived in Elmwood Park. You are correct the Kacyznski family lived in Evergreen Park which is way south. aro. 95th Street.

I like the Ted K. theory but know the cops have kept their minds open to the fact that anyone who can't be proven not to have don it, could have done it. That leaves, comparatively, everyone. Matched with the fact there's no evidence TK attacked anyone until 12 years later, well.... I think evidence indicates it was a person who was either wealthy, or from a wealthy family and thus was local to the North Shore. The fact that the person apparently came and went via the beach, and there's no evidence other transportation was involved, also indicate this.

The Kenilworth PD apparently does not have the knowledge, skills or resources to handle this complex case. It should be a fairly simple matter to compare the bloody palmprint left on the staircase bannister with that of a convicted felon like Ted Kaczynski, but to my knowledge this has not happened yet.

Most likely the case will continue to go nowhere unless someone in the Illinois State Police, Chicago PD or FBI decides to do something about it.

Very interesting effect looking at Ted Kaczynski with glasses and the Valerie Percy suspect.

Look at the framing, the forehead, hairline, nose and lips, overall face structure. Striking IMO. May send this to the detectives.

Back to Zodiac case...

What the glasses add is this - look how the glasses frame the face, forehead, ears.

Look at the over all face structure, eyes, ears, jaws, chin, look at the lips...very similar, and the glasses enhance the similarity.

zodiac42.jpg
ted_ka21.jpg

A January Detroit News article mentioning the August 1968 tip from an informant, who may have had inside knowledge of the case, and the informants message that he asked to be place in a classified ad.

The ad mentions ZODIUS, almost one year before the ZODIAC announced himself to the world. Both come from the Latin word ZODIACUS.

zodius10.jpg

Body of Mrs. Robison covered by a blanket. The bodies of Domigos and Edwards were also covered by a towel, as were some victims of the EAR/ONS. Like the bodies of Domingos and Edwards, the bodies of Mr. Robison and one of his sons were placed on top of each other. Former FBI Agent John Douglas says posing occurs in less than 1% of murders. Like Valerie Percy, Mrs. Robison had her dress lifted up to expose her.

Police ballistics reports in the Robison Family Murders indicate a .22 with six lands and grooves, with a right twist. This matches both Domigos and Edwards Santa Barbara 1963 and Zodiac 12/20/68.

robiso16.jpg

COLLEGE GIRL AND FAMILY MURDERS CLUSTERED IN 1966 - 1969: ALL OR SOME OR NONE OF THESE CASES MAY BE RELATED

Sharon Bubes, Evanston, IL - Attacked in her bedroom with a hammer, 6/30/66

Valerie Percy, Kenilworth, IL - Murdered in her bedroom by hammer and long 10 - 12 inch knife, 9/18/66

Bricca Family, Cincinnati, OH - Found bound with household objects and murdered in bedrooms by knife, 9/27/66

Sims Family, Tallahassee, FL - Bound with household objects and murdered, 10/22/66

Cheri Jo Bates, Riverside, CA - Murdered at campus library by short 3 inch knife, 10/30/66

Confession letter in Cheri Jo Bates murder, Riverside, CA - probably placed in mailbox on 11/28/66

Robison Family, Good Hart, MI - All family members shot, mother beaten with a hammer, 6/25/68

Cecelia Shepard, Lake Berryessa, CA - Bound and murdered by long 10 - 12 inch knife, 9/27/69

Betsy Aardsma, State College, PA - Murdered in campus library by short 3 inch knife, 11/28/69

Joan Webster, Boston, MA - Harvard grad student abducted and killed, 11/28/81

sims_f10.jpg

sims_f11.jpg

On September 18, 1966, Valerie Percy was brutally murdered in the mansion of her father, Bell & Howell CEO and Republican Nominee for Senate Charles Percy. With the next 34 days, two American familes would be wiped out in horrorific home invasion slaughters. Father, mother, children. These were the Bricca Family in Cincinnati, Ohio found dead on September 27, 1966 and the Sims Family killed in Tallahassee, Florida on October 22, 1966. Just 8 days later, the first crime of the Zodiac Killer happened in Riverside, California, the day before Halloween. This was the murder of Cheri Jo Bates on October 30, 1966.

On June 25, 1968, the Robison family would be killed in their Northern Michigan cottage, in Good Hart. Father, mother, daughter, three sons.

Was this the work of five different killers? There is evidence to suggest that.

But could these five murder sites be connected? Were there similarites between the victims, MO, geography and weapons to suggest that it was at least possible these and others were the work of one man? Yes.

There is evidence and witnesses that say Valerie Percy and Linda Bricca knew each other, and they both came from the same upper class social circles in suburban Chicago.

Valerie Percy, Cheri Jo Bates, Celia Shepard, Betsy Aardsma, Joan Webster - each young woman was a college girl.

Percy, Bricca, Sims, Bates, Robison, Webster - in each case the father had multiple connections to the world of business, high tech, computers, government and/or defense contracts.

Dr. Sims was a government official for the State of Florida Education Department and ran the computer division, and apparently was a top "nationally recognized" computer expert.

Charles Percy was the Republican nominee for US Senate, and CEO of the high tech company Bell & Howell, that made camera's and computer like business machines.

Mr. Bricca worked for the high tech chemical company Monsanto.

Mr. Robison was a magazine publisher and looking to do a major expansion at a rural airport to create "computerized warehouse operations" and cultural centers. He then wanted to expand this idea across the country.

The Sims family being bound with stockings, mens ties and socks in their mouth matches exactly with what a Ohio detective told me was done to the Bricca family.

The father of Cheri Jo Bates worked at the Naval Weapons Facility. The father of Joan Webster was ex CIA, and was at the time the Vice President at IT&T, Defense Technologies Group.

The Percy mansion and the Robison cottage are both on or near Lake Michigan.

The Shepard murder was confirmed work of the ZODIAC, the Bates murder was probably/almost certainly ZODIAC and ZODIAC certainly sent letters to the newspaper claiming knowledge of the crime and asked his letter be published in the newspaper, and ZODIAC has been mentioned in published books as a suspect in both the Percy, Aardsma and Webster murders.

In the Robison Murders a tipster sent in clues to a newspaper claiming knowledge of the crime and asked for the name ZODIUS to appear in the newspaper.

Also, the Bricca Family murder was husband-wife-young daughter. Sims Family murder was husband-wife-youngest daughter. Both were brutal overkill stabbings, as was Percy murder, as was Robison murder, gunshots also in Sims and Robison cases. The Robison Family were shot to death. In Bubes, Percy and Robison a hammer was used. In Bricca, Sims and Shepard victims were bound. Bates and Aardsma were killed in or at college libraries, on Fall Holiday periods, with a short 3 inch knife. In Percy and Shepard an approximately FOOT LONG knife/bayonet was used.

In the possible early Zodiac crime of the Santa Barbara murders of Domingos and Edwards, the Zodiac murder on 12/20/68 of Jensen and Faraday and the Robison Family murders of 6/25/68 a .22 with rifling of six lands and grooves with a right hand twist was used.

I think the evidence shows Bates and Shepard were killed by the Zodiac, but we don't know who the Zodiac was. In some of these cases, like Robison, there are good local suspects, who while never charged have a compelling amount of circumstantial evidence pointing towards them. In other cases, like Aardsma and Webster, there are different suspects but none that really stand out and the evidence is not very compelling and they are unsolved. In many of the cases, like Percy, Bricca and Sims, there are no real solid suspects and the cases are unsolved.

The murder sites in Good Hart, Michigan (Robison Family 6/25/68 ), Cincinnati, Ohio (Bricca Family found 9/27/66) and Tallahassee, Florida (Sims Family 10/22/66) all are in an almost perfect vertical line on a map. Add in Kenilworth, Illinois (Valerie Percy 9/18/66) and State College, Pennsylvania (Betsy Aardsma 11/28/69) and they all form a rough cross, actually more like the Yggdrasil Symbol/Algiz Rune. The Algiz Rune translates as the English letter "Z". The Yggdrasil has 3 roots, 6 serpents and 9 branches. Ted Kaczynski drew a Yggdrasil at a crime scene.

good_h10.jpg

a_robi10.jpg

At the campus of a Unabomber target, Ted Kaczynski spraypainted the Yggdrasil symbol, also known as the Algiz Rune, along with the letters "FC" and "Anarchy". The Anglo-Saxon translation of the Algiz Rune is "Z"! It consists of, once again, crossed lines inside a circle. The Yggdrasil is the World Tree, but it also stands for "tree of terror; gallows", and the Algiz Rune also means to "wound severely; to mark with blood."

Doug Oswell noted the sites of tampered Tylenol in the Chicago area in 1982 form a Yggdrasil shape, and I have seen this pattern repeat in other cases I have studied in which TK is a suspect.

kaczyn12.jpg

Boles Family murder scene in CRESTLINE CA is just 27 miles from Bates murder scene in RIVERSIDE CA:

crestl10.jpg

I read one report that the Boles family were found in one room, and that BODIES WERE STACKED ATOP EACH OTHER, as in possible Zodiac 6/4/63, Bricca 9/27/66 and Robison 6/25/68. Amazing. Maybe someone else can confirm?

And the Boles murder weapon was a .22 LR, same as Zodiac 12/20/68 and Robison 6/25/68. Also, police in the Boles case said the weapon was likely a HIGH STANDARD, and in Zodiac 12/20/68 and Robsion 6/25/68 police said the weapon was likely a HIGH STANDARD or JC HIGGINS.

NOTE: While the Percy murder fits the lone female college girl attacks, it should also IMO be considered a family attack, BEACAUSE THE ENTIRE FAMILY WAS HOME AT THE TIME OF THE ATTACK AND MAY HAVE BEEN THE TARGET, BUT FOR THE INTERRUPTION OF THE STEPMOTHER AND THE BURGLAR ALARM.

Bottom line, in a ONE MONTH PERIOD OF SEPTEMBER 18 1966 TO OCTOBER 30 1966, THERE ARE THREE HOME INVASIONS WERE THE ENTIRE FAMILY IS PRESENT - PERCY, BRICCA, SIMS - WITH TWO FAMILIES WIPED OUT - BRICCA AND SIMS - AND TWO COLLEGE GIRLS KILLED - PERCY AND BATES.

Also, in a THREE YEAR PERIOD from 8/14/65 to 6/25/68, we have five families attacked in their homes- Percy, Bricca, Sims, Boles, Robison. All have a high tech connection. In Bricca, Boles and Robison bodies are stacked atop each other. And a .22 LR, knife and a hammer is a frequent weapon.

REVISED TIMELINE CHART BY AWESHUCKS

zodiac45.jpg

Very interesting that posing occurs in only 1% of murders, yet we have posing of bodies stacked atop each other in Santa Barbara 1963, the Robsion murders and the Bricca case.

And the timing - Domingos-Edwards 6/4/63, Percy 9/18/66, Bricca 9/25-27/66, Sims 10/22/66, Bates 10/30/66, Robison 6/25/68.

Kaczynski family home was within 30 miles from the Percy home in Kenilworth, Illinois.

Picture of Bubes/Percy suspect and Ted Kaczynski, glasses added by Traveller1st.

How tall and how much did Ted K. weigh in 1966?

>>Very interesting effect looking at Ted Kaczynski with glasses and the Valerie Percy suspect.
<<

Once again, that is not the suspect in the Percy murder. It is a sketch from an attack that happened 7 miles, two towns, and two months away from the Percy homicide and there is no evidence TK was violent until 12 years after the Percy murder.

This may be a stupid observation but the sketch to the photo the hair is parted on the opposite sides. I know women change where their hair parts but not men.

I sent an email with new information to the Kenilworth PD, sort of asking if the desire was there to solve the case or not.

Kenilworth PD responded to me and said:

"This case is still very much important to us and we have dedicated countless hours to it. That fact has never changed and will not change until an arrest is made."

They thanked me for the information and said that like the information I sent in before it was being read and reviewed. They told me to send in more information and evidence if I have it. I thanked them for the response and their work. I still question if the small KPD has the resources to solve this case, and if the ISP or FBI could help, but the desire on the part of KPD does seem sincere, and they do seem open to information.

The suspect sketch in the Bubes case was shown to the Percy stepmother, and after that, police released that sketch as wanted for questioning in the Percy case. Why a new sketch was not made I don't know. But apparently the sketch was a close match to what Mrs. Percy saw.

The SLOPE or SLANT if the hair is very similar. With Bubes seeing the suspect in the dark, I wouldn't put too much stake in the part. But it is a valid point, I just wouldn't exclude or include on the basis of a possible hair part in the sketch.

The face shape, nose, chin, jaw, forehead - all seem pretty similar.

TK in 1966 would have been about 5' 8" to 5' 9" and 150 to 160 pounds in 1966, and frequently wore plaid shirts.

His first confirmed Unabomber crime was in 1978, when he was 36 years old. Yet we know from research that the most active and violent period for the majority of serial killers is from their late teens to late twenties. And we see that Kaczynski reports the motivation, desire and ability to kill at least as early as the summer of 1966.

I think you will agree he obviously bears a strong similarity to the suspect sketch in the Percy murder - long face, unusual slanted hair, puffiness under the eyes, prominent jaw, jutting chin, large forehead, hair frames the face the same way, large hawk like nose, general face structure, ears, lips, etc. The description from the stepmother Mrs. Percy - 5'8", 160 pounds - also is an exact match for this suspect.

This suspect is a convicted murderer. He killed at least three men that we know of for sure, and wounded over two dozen people. Most of those he attacked were , like Mr. Percy, involved in either the technological world and/or the field of big business.

In 1966 he was a sexually frustrated and confused young man who resolved to kill those he hated, which included "bigshots" but also college students and young women. He later recorded a fantasy of mutiliating a woman's face with a knife. He also wanted to - and did - kill "bigshots" like "big businessmen" and "politicians", and Bell & Howell CEO and soon to be Senator Charles Percy would represent those things to him, as well being a man associated with high technology through his company. And Mr. Bricca was a scientist working for a major corporation.

THE PHYSICAL SIMILARITIES AND CLOTHING MATCH

In looking at what the police thought was the possibly related incident of the attack on Sharon Bubes of Evanston, Illinois on 6/30/66 a number of things are of interest. The attacker entered at night, had a flashlight, struck her in the head with a hammer - all similar MO factors to the Percy murder. The Bubes attacker was described as being about 17 years old, 5'10", slim to medium build and wearing a green plaid shirt. All of which is a fair match to the description of the Percy attacker, and to Kaczynski himself. Kaczynski would have just turned 24 in 1966, but he looked a few years younger, as you can see in the pictures below.

The Percy attacker was also described as wearing a short sleeve shirt with a large checkered pattern. Going by both witness statements and pictures, Ted Kaczynski wore checkered pattern and/or plaid short sleeve shirts on a daily basis. That is what he wore virtually every single day in this time period. Every picture I have of him in that time period that is what he is wearing. You can look at these pictures for the shirts and also to see how the face and hair matches up with the suspect descriptions and sketch.

ted_ka11.jpg

ted_ka12.jpg

ted_ka13.jpg

You can see police did release the "cat burglar" Bubes sketch as wanted in the Percy case. Below that is the Aardsma sketch and other pics of TK.

suspec11.jpg

aardsm10.jpg

suspec12.jpg

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Ted is in prison and not getting out in this life time correct.
Has anyone ever offered him immunity from prosecution to answer questions that
you have as far as being the zodiac killer, and involved in this crime and all the other crimes you suspect. I am just curious about this. Has anyone recently ask Ted if he wants to talk about things?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Ted is in prison and not getting out in this life time correct.
Has anyone ever offered him immunity from prosecution to answer questions that
you have as far as being the zodiac killer, and involved in this crime and all the other crimes you suspect. I am just curious about this. Has anyone recently ask Ted if he wants to talk about things?

As far as I know, nobody has made that offer to Ted. I would prefer to see TK prosecuted, but absent that, and offer of immunity in exchange for information strikes me as a good idea.

There may not be any evidence, but I don't believe TK waited until he was 36 before committing crime.

It's entirely possible he was a violent killer then 'scaled back' in later years.

Rest assured, Kenilworth has massive and more resources than ever to solve this crime. They are, in fact, required to take credible leads on it to the North Suburban Major Crimes Task Force, which has a team which investigates violent crimes in, I believe, 16 suburbs here. What's more, KPD has as much interest in solving it as we do. Investigators there who weren't even born when this crime happened have spent hours reading case reports and speaking to past detectives who worked it.

"I think you will agree he obviously bears a strong similarity to the suspect sketch in the Percy murder." I will agree it's a sketch of the Bubes suspect, not the Percy suspect. Neither of us know how good a sketch it is of the Bubes suspect. I don't think it looks very much like the mid 60s pics of TK, but that is only my opinion.

The other problem this theory has (as I said, it's not that I'm not fond of the theory) is it does not fit TK's M.O. Valerie's killing could not have been of a more personal nature. TK bombed people from thousands of miles away after he learned how to construct bombs and devise a way to deliver them using other people.

Otherwise, knowing Kenilworth's will to solve this and evidence they may have, it would not surprise me if they already compared what they have to TK and found no matches.

Rest assured, Kenilworth has massive and more resources than ever to solve this crime. They are, in fact, required to take credible leads on it to the North Suburban Major Crimes Task Force, which has a team which investigates violent crimes in, I believe, 16 suburbs here. What's more, KPD has as much interest in solving it as we do. Investigators there who weren't even born when this crime happened have spent hours reading case reports and speaking to past detectives who worked it.

"I think you will agree he obviously bears a strong similarity to the suspect sketch in the Percy murder." I will agree it's a sketch of the Bubes suspect, not the Percy suspect. Neither of us know how good a sketch it is of the Bubes suspect. I don't think it looks very much like the mid 60s pics of TK, but that is only my opinion.

The other problem this theory has (as I said, it's not that I'm not fond of the theory) is it does not fit TK's M.O. Valerie's killing could not have been of a more personal nature. TK bombed people from thousands of miles away after he learned how to construct bombs and devise a way to deliver them using other people.

Otherwise, knowing Kenilworth's will to solve this and evidence they may have, it would not surprise me if they already compared what they have to TK and found no matches.

Well, who knows for sure, but in the email I got two days ago, Kenilworth PD said they were reading my evidence and to send more in if I developed any.

The police released the Bubes sketch as wanted in the Percy case.

suspec11.jpg

And TK matches the physical description. IF Ted was the Zodiac then he killed with guns and knives.

THE PHYSICAL SIMILARITIES AND CLOTHING MATCH

In looking at what the police thought was the possibly related incident of the attack on Sharon Bubes of Evanston, Illinois on 6/30/66 a number of things are of interest. The attacker entered at night, had a flashlight, struck her in the head with a hammer - all similar MO factors to the Percy murder. The Bubes attacker was described as being about 17 years old, 5'10", slim to medium build and wearing a green plaid shirt. All of which is a fair match to the description of the Percy attacker, and to Kaczynski himself. Kaczynski would have just turned 24 in 1966, but he looked a few years younger, as you can see in the pictures below.

The Percy attacker was also described as wearing a short sleeve shirt with a large checkered pattern. Going by both witness statements and pictures, Ted Kaczynski wore checkered pattern and/or plaid short sleeve shirts on a daily basis. That is what he wore virtually every single day in this time period. Every picture I have of him in that time period that is what he is wearing. You can look at these pictures for the shirts and also to see how the face and hair matches up with the suspect descriptions and sketch.

ted_ka11.jpg

ted_ka12.jpg

ted_ka13.jpg

You can see police did release the "cat burglar" Bubes sketch as wanted in the Percy case. Below that is the Aardsma sketch and other pics of TK.

suspec11.jpg

aardsm10.jpg

suspec12.jpg

Percy suspect is 5 ft. 8 inches tall, 180 lbs., and was wearing a shirt or a jacket with a checked pattern. IIRC the Bubes description skews pretty young for the Percy suspect but that room was quite dark. FYI, every other guy in his teens and twenties in the mid sixties had at least one checked shirt in his closet.

Percy suspect is 5 ft. 8 inches tall, 180 lbs., and was wearing a shirt or a jacket with a checked pattern. IIRC the Bubes description skews pretty young for the Percy suspect but that room was quite dark. FYI, every other guy in his teens and twenties in the mid sixties had at least one checked shirt in his closet.

Of course I understand that. I note that TK looks like the sketch (IMO and others), matches the general height and weight description and also wore short sleeve checkered plaid shirts nearly everyday.

Most important is he is a proven killer, who killed strangers, who targeted people in suburban Chicago, had a family home within 30 minutes of the Percy home and had about two weeks before the Percy murder had what he called the most important experience in his life, when after a failed sex change bid he was "born again" and decided to "really kill" everyone he hated, including bigshots and big businessmen.

I am not definitively ruling anybody in or out for the murder, just saying that TK should be looked at. A new book called CORROBORATING EVIDENCE III by William Rasmussen has no interest in TK but looks at evidence that the Zodiac Killer should be looked at as a suspect in the midwest home invasion murders of Valerie Percy 9/18/66 in Illinois on Lake Michigan and the Robison Family on 6/25/68 in the State of Michigan also on the shores of Lake Michigan.

I understand, if a bomb had been sent to Percy's house, and exploded killing one of Percy's kids, he might be a suspect.

But if he personally went to Percy's house, because he targeted big shots, would he not have gone into Percy's room and killed him, not one of his kids?

And did he ever target a politician? At the time of the murder, Percy was no longer a member of the business world. And he wasn't holding office, either. So, he was just a guy running for something. His only political accomplishment was winning a nomination. So why wouldn't TK have gone after Paul Douglas, who was an IL Senator, or the IL Governor, not just some guy who at that point was just a rich wannabe? A good argument could be made that whoever killed Valerie got her father elected.

COULD KACZYNSKI KILL UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL WITH A KNIFE, BLUNT OBJECT OR GUN?

One of the main objections some people will make to the evidence about Kaczynski being the killer of Valerie Percy and/or the Bricca family - and I admit it is at first glance a reasonable objection - is that Ted was mainly known to kill with bombs, not up close and personal with a gun, blunt object or knife.

If at some point you talk to an FBI Agent, criminal psychologist or serial killer profiler, they will no doubt tell you that the majority of "distance killers", those who kill by bomb or poison, do not typically also commit "up close and personal" crimes with a gun, knife or blunt object.

First, even if studies of known cases show that majority did not also do personal crimes, there is a minority who did. Joseph Paul Franklin was a bomber of Jewish Temples, but he also did racist sniper attacks and also killed lone women in lust rage crimes.

Kaczynski had a unique pathology - a specific hatred of technology, business leaders and politicians (which shows up in his Unabomber crimes from 1978 to 1996 and also may have played in a role in the selection of the Percy and Bricca homes as a target), but also the general rage expressed in 1966, in which he wanted to kill "college students" and women. So Kaczynski may well be in the minority of distance killers who also kill up close and personal.

Second, there is evidence Kaczynski actually thought about and even did kill up close and personal.

The FBI states he actually did shoot and wound a miner with a rifle. In his journal that recorded in detail all of his bombing crimes, he also wrote of unspecified other crimes whose evidence he had destroyed and accounts of had burned or buried, because their revelation (in light of his growing reputation as a political terrorist and anti-technology activist) could prove "dangerous, embarassing" or "just very bad public relations." Certainly the brutal murder of a young college girl like Valerie Percy or the slaughter of the Bricca family would not be something he would want publicly known, when some on the fringes of the radical environmental and anarchist movements touted him as a hero of sorts.

He recorded a desire to kill people by "bomb or other means". He wrote fantasies about mutilating a women's face with a knife and raping a woman in front of her husband. He spent a year and made a one shot .22 pistol from wood and junk parts that he wrote he intended to use as a "homicide weapon". As a one shot untraceable weapon, it would best be used in situations were the victim was immobile, such as being bound or asleep.

The first Unabomber crime was in 1978 - yet Ted wrote in the early seventies about the society which he says has caused him "to rebel, as violently as I have."

kaczyn10.jpg

He created a shoe device to leave false sole prints of sizes other than his own. That would not help for the known Unabomber crimes, but would for up close and personal crimes. The FBI records he had black and green canvas and denim HOODS and MASKS in his cabin - again, only suitable for personal crimes. He was a known peeper on love making couples, armed burglar, house trasher and arsonist.

kaczyn11.jpg

I'll keep an open mind that it is possible. I take what he has actually said, though, with a grain of salt. He's so totally mad it would be hard to otherwise.

Who is it here whose house was broken into in Winnetka the morning before the Percy murder? JBean? Just wondering what police agency had jurisdiction over your area. i believe that was and remains unincorporated Winnetka. So I'm just wondering if it is patrolled by Winnetka police or the Cook County sheriff. Anyone know?

Just seeing this post- sorry Winward. Yes it was my house. You are also correct that we were unincorporated bordering Winnetka and Kenilworth. We did have a private company North Shore Patrol, patrolling our home and area on a daily and nightly basis. I need to check with my mom but I think it was the Sheriff that had to handle issues in our area. I'll ask her tonight.
Hey Windward-my mom said it was Kenilworth PD that had jurisdiction over our area.

Thanks, JBean. That is interesting. Kenilworth as you know is right across the street. They had a story on here a while back about how unincorporated areas in the Chicago area receive police service but don't pay for it. I thought the county sheriffs might provide it.

I have a friend who lived across the golf course from your house. His family's house fronted Hill Road where it curves, if you recall that.

A neighbor of Linda Bricca stated that Linda knew Valerie Percy and had been talking about the death of Percy on 9/18/66. One week later Linda Bricca, her husband and daughter were killed in a brutal home invasion knife attack. Their home in suburban Cincinnati, Ohio (Hamilton County) is about five hours from the Percy home in suburban Chicago, Illinois.

Here's a July 1967 Front Page Detective article about the Bricca murders.

On first read through, it does mention the body of Linda Bricca being partially atop Gerry Bricca, similar to Domingos/Edwards 1963 and Robison Family 1968. Also that Linda Bricca's nightgown was pulled aside exposing her breasts, again similar to Linda Edwards 1963, and the same with Valerie Percy killed one week prior on 9/18/66 and just 5 hours away from the Bricca scene and also with Mrs. Robison 6/25/68.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member