GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Im new here but just wanted to add that I'm so very sorry that this case ended up this way. When I saw the first posts about Willow, I assumed she had just run away or wandered off to play without telling her responsible adult. As the case progressed, sadly I realised I was wrong.
Someone may be able to clear this up for me, but there has been numerous posts about JD and suspicion arising with the LE due to his lack of searching, I'm under the impression though, that he wouldn't have been allowed to search, due to a possible contamination of the crime scene, if it were discovered by a family member. So the assumption that suspicion fell on JD due to his lack of searching must be wrong, as he and other family members, would not have been eligible to search anyway. So LE suspecting his involvement due to his lack of searching is incorrect?

Im not entirely sure what point I'm trying to make here but the fact that LE were suspicious of him from the start due to lack of searching doesn't really hold much water for me. Therefore stating Ciara lies were not detrimental is again incorrect.

Fly high you red haired angel, I wish the world could have been a better place for you x

Im new here but just wanted to add that I'm so very sorry that this case ended up this way. When I saw the first posts about Willow, I assumed she had just run away or wandered off to play without telling her responsible adult. As the case progressed, sadly I realised I was wrong.
Someone may be able to clear this up for me, but there has been numerous posts about JD and suspicion arising with the LE due to his lack of searching, I'm under the impression though, that he wouldn't have been allowed to search, due to a possible contamination of the crime scene, if it were discovered by a family member. So the assumption that suspicion fell on JD due to his lack of searching must be wrong, as he and other family members, would not have been eligible to search anyway. So LE suspecting his involvement due to his lack of searching is incorrect?

Im not entirely sure what point I'm trying to make here but the fact that LE were suspicious of him from the start due to lack of searching doesn't really hold much water for me. Therefore stating Ciara lies were not detrimental is again incorrect.

Fly high you red haired angel, I wish the world could have been a better place for you x

I agree he probably would not have been allowed to be a part of the physical search, but there are other things he could have done to help. I have seen family members of missing children hand out bottles of water, help register volunteer searchers, pass out fliers. IOW, they were involved.
He not only did not help, he went to work...he went to work a hour earlier than his shift.

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/11/new-details-emerge-in-death-of-willow-long/

jmo

I agree he probably would not have been allowed to be a part of the physical search, but there are other things he could have done to help. I have seen family members of missing children hand out bottles of water, help register volunteer searchers, pass out fliers. IOW, they were involved.
He not only did not help, he went to work...he went to work a hour earlier than his shift.

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/11/new-details-emerge-in-death-of-willow-long/

jmo

Hello RhondaIl I'm not defending his lack of searching I'm merely questioning other posters that have stated that early suspicion by LE was due to his lack of searching. I don't believe this to be the case. I feel that previous knowledge played a part and suspicions were also based on CD aswell as JD.

Just to add, I am quite familiar, sadly, with the way high profile searches are conducted in the UK. I was professionally involved with the April Jones case.

http://www.judici.com/courts/cases/...ocl=IL025015J,2013CF174,IL025015JL2013CF174D1

Latest information on the 3 count indictment and other assorted information... BBM, I wonder what his "message" was...

Entered Under: DERYKE, JUSTIN D
09/18/2013 THREE COUNT INDICTMENT RETURNED. BAIL AND BAIL CONDITIONS TO REMAIN. SLT
09/18/2013 Motion for Discovery, filed. Bill of Indictment Counts I, II and III filed. Copy given to State and P.D. Arraignment set for 09/19/2013 at 1:00 in courtroom B. UNASSIGNED
09/17/2013 Copy of entry given to State, PD, and to Deft at ECJ. Copy of file given to P.D. UNASSIGNED
09/17/2013 ASA EALY - THIS COURT APPOINTS THE PUBLIC DEFENDER, SCOTT SCHMIDT, TO REPRESENT THE DEFENDANT, AT DEFENDANT'S REQUEST. THIS COURT DID ADVISE MR. SCHMIDT IN THE PRESENCE OF MR. EALY VIA TELEPHONE. 9-19-13 AT 1:00 P.M. IS CONFIRMED. COPY OF ENTRY TO THE STATE, PD & TO THE DEFENDANT. SLT
09/16/2013 "MESSAGE" FROM DEF REVIEWED, IT WILL BE HANDLED ON THURSDAY. COPY OF ENTRY TO THE STATE & TO THE DEFENDANT. SLT
09/16/2013 Note from Defendant requesting PD, filed, copy given to State. Copy of entry given to State and Def at ECJ.

Here is my thought on why she lied, for what it's worth.

I imagine CD came home and went to bed. Got up in the late morning and couldn't find Willow. Asked JD if he had seen her and maybe he said she was up earlier and he fed her breakfast and then he went back to bed and left them to watch tv. Mom keeps looking for her and doesn't find her...eventually calls the police. I bet she NEVER even once considered that her own brother could do something like that, so she adopted his story of feeding them as her own, thinking that the little girl had simply ran off and the police or a neighbor would find her and the matter of who saw her last and who fed her wouldn't be relevant. In a small town like that...who would even imagine that the child was abducted, let alone murdered and by a relative? I think the natural assumption would be that she went out to play or wandered too far and got lost and that the other details just wouldn't be that important once they found her at a neighbor's house or in the woods playing, etc.

I think as the day wore on, and the glasses were found and the nightgown was located...that maybe mom started to put some thoughts together. By then...the inital story was out to the media...there is nothing that says she may not have, in subsequent interviews with the police, told them the truthful details. The media wouldn't report that her story was corrected because the police weren't releasing that.

Just a thought. I would like to think as she realized that this wasn't just a case of her daughter wandering off...that she was forthcoming with any information. I just really believe in the beginning when she expected her to be found that she didn't think that really mattered.

I don't know. Maybe I am crazy.

Why wouldn't she simply tell LE that her brother fed them and when she got up Willow was gone? Why the story of the fight with Willow on top of it all?

Why wouldn't she simply tell LE that her brother fed them and when she got up Willow was gone? Why the story of the fight with Willow on top of it all?

Totally agree Human, why? It makes no sense to me jmo. There is nothing wrong with going out with friends and leaving your children with an of age sibling, unless previous experience comes into play, and your parents will not approve. Still why lie in a situation of this immediacy? Your daughter is gine, even if you think she has gone off to play, unannounced, You would be in full scale panic and not rest until you knew where she was, not call mum and then get the ok to call 911?

I know it's been said by others, and grandma and grandpa seem to be good people, but maybe CD was told by them to stop partying and start being a responsible parent? And so initially she thinks Willow has wandered off, and so she makes up the story to cover her *advertiser censored* for what she was up to on the evening before and to lie about what time she actually did arrive home.

The other thing I think and have said before is maybe she stayed out all night with someone and didn't get home until 10.30 am, by which time JD has gone to work, leaving little N on his own in the house, and if LE find that out she's in big trouble, because a 3 year old shouldn't be left alone.

Guess we won't find out until trial.

I have been wondering all week if after the grand jury met today if we would be hearing about any sexual related charges being added.

Hopefully for Willow's sake never, but I am still thinking of the press conference after court last week and how some of the questions asked were answered. Or more like "lack of answered..."

But, grandma says her daughter only went out Sat. night in order to help a friend. So, what's the problem? It's not like CD is a teenager! She's a grown woman!

http://www.judici.com/courts/cases/...ocl=IL025015J,2013CF174,IL025015JL2013CF174D1

Latest information on the 3 count indictment and other assorted information... BBM, I wonder what his "message" was...

09/18/2013 THREE COUNT INDICTMENT RETURNED. BAIL AND BAIL CONDITIONS TO REMAIN. SLT
09/18/2013 Motion for Discovery, filed. Bill of Indictment Counts I, II and III filed. Copy given to State and P.D. Arraignment set for 09/19/2013 at 1:00 in courtroom B. UNASSIGNED
09/17/2013 Copy of entry given to State, PD, and to Deft at ECJ. Copy of file given to P.D. UNASSIGNED
09/17/2013 ASA EALY - THIS COURT APPOINTS THE PUBLIC DEFENDER, SCOTT SCHMIDT, TO REPRESENT THE DEFENDANT, AT DEFENDANT'S REQUEST. THIS COURT DID ADVISE MR. SCHMIDT IN THE PRESENCE OF MR. EALY VIA TELEPHONE. 9-19-13 AT 1:00 P.M. IS CONFIRMED. COPY OF ENTRY TO THE STATE, PD & TO THE DEFENDANT. SLT
09/16/2013 "MESSAGE" FROM DEF REVIEWED, IT WILL BE HANDLED ON THURSDAY. COPY OF ENTRY TO THE STATE & TO THE DEFENDANT. SLT
09/16/2013 Note from Defendant requesting PD, filed, copy given to State. Copy of entry given to State and Def at ECJ.

Maybe the bolded answers that??

Totally agree Human, why? It makes no sense to me jmo. There is nothing wrong with going out with friends and leaving your children with an of age sibling, unless previous experience comes into play, and your parents will not approve. Still why lie in a situation of this immediacy? Your daughter is gine, even if you think she has gone off to play, unannounced, You would be in full scale panic and not rest until you knew where she was, not call mum and then get the ok to call 911?

agree completely with you...and human...

maybe the answer is, she had to lie.

JMO. food for thought...

I would think in the beginning, because of what the mother told LE that they were looking for a missing child, one that went out the front door of her own free will. There was at that time no crime scene to contaminate.
Why would an Uncle not search for his niece that had a short time ago went out the front door on her own free will?

I just got back to this thread after a few days on the Georgia kidnapping. Some new folk here. Awesome.

:welcome3:

But, grandma says her daughter only went out Sat. night in order to help a friend. So, what's the problem? It's not like CD is a teenager! She's a grown woman!

I think more will come out at JD's trial. Until then anything else is just speculation. I'm heart sorry for the family for losing their precious girl, I'm just trying to make sense of what's going on.

So if she told her mom that she only went out to help a friend and returned home sometime after midnight, then that is exactly what she should have told LE in the very beginning. You are right there would have been nothing wrong in that, if that is exactly what happened.

So if she told her mom that she only went out to help a friend and returned home sometime after midnight, then that is exactly what she should have told LE in the very beginning. You are right there would have been nothing wrong in that, if that is exactly what happened.

But why tell her mom and the LE two conflicting stories?
Either she went out to help a friend, or she went out to the bar (which is what I think happened.).

MSG = request for a PD, right?

But why tell her mom and the LE two conflicting stories?
Either she went out to help a friend, or she went out to the bar (which is what I think happened.).

I think that is what I said, why tell her mom one thing and tell LE another.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detectivegotcha
Back