Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yellow,

I considered the Lindbergh Law also, and agree the 24 hour rule is rebuttable. With respect to crossing state lines, I too don't know how far Urbana is from any other state's border.

I haven't found anything yet to suggest this case that the Feds have jurisdiction because Yingying was a visiting scholar on a student visa. Have you?

Best.

Mercedes
Federal Hate Crime statutes??? Just thinking out loud.

Wow, I didn't realize we already knew of that big of a seeming gap in his online activity (June 7-23) -- interesting! ...and do we have a sense of how much he was online prior to June 7 (like almost everyday, or not that much)?

He was on Fetlife a LOT April-June ish.

Does anyone have a tinder account? I can see that he has a profile there, but can't access without signing up. SO might not be as thrilled with me going there as he was about Fetlife, lol!

It seems like many of those posting are masochists seeking 'safe' sadists to role play with. That makes sense, the masochists don't want to be 'real' victims.

I imagine there are also kindly people who want to just pretend to be sadistic, just to take on a role they never play in real life. That's why the pop culture Dom is almost always a woman, and her M is a man.

However, it seems to me very naive to believe that none of the people posting on the site are true sadists, and by definition sadists don't care about their victims. Some might be successfully trained to stay within rules because they don't want to lose partners/get a bad rap/go to jail. But isn't it inherent to sadism to want to make their victims suffer. Like, that's the whole point.

I think it's just as well that people on the forum are reminded of the reality, though I'm sure it diminishes the fun of the fantasies. Kind of like playing with fire, or when a boy goes off to war and discovers it's not like the video games he played.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I agree with you, Satchie.

I'm not so sure whether he was or not online through those days. As an ex-avid gamer I can tell you that steam will continue to run if you don't exit it. If he left his computer/laptop on, or if he just initiated it, he would be online on July 23 on Steam. And I don't remember reading that he wasn't online throughout those dates but I may have missed something I'm sorry if that's the case...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just when you think you've read it all, along comes BC + his weblife + his black, soulless eyes & lack of humanity. May God have mercy on YingYing's sweet & gentle family and give them peace and comfort. Is there a possibility of death penalty? I hope he's in a place where he never gets the opportunity to touch a computer or go online on any device for the rest of his life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Given BC showed interest in tying up, chains, shackles (ironic HE is the one in shackles now, but I digress), I wonder if he made any recent purchases for items he could have used in this crime.

Remember the man that kept a woman in a box under his bed for years. This guy made me think of that. He gives me the creeps.

Yes and that case still gives me the willies!

Yes! Maybe he hid her in plain sight somewhere, just like the car, and himself at the walk. Maybe she's somewhere on the campus itself.

Shades of Annie Le? Wasn't Annie stuffed into a wall cavity at university?

With great sadness, I have to agree that they are at least aware of what has happened to Yingying and this is why there aren't any organized search parties trying to find her

Sadly, I agree with you.

I wonder if there are any special provisions in state or federal law when the crime involves someone who is a foreign national.

No, only if they are foreign officials, like an official diplomat or ambassador, which obviously doesn't apply to Yingying. I think the FBI has something, though, to try him in federal court. I just wish we knew what it is.

I wonder if there are any national parks or military bases nearby and if so whether he has any connection to it. Oftentimes physics depart work with the defense department. If they have some reason like pings or whatnot to believe he committed part of the crime or left her body in a national park or on a military base that would certainly give them jxn.
There is an old air force base in Rantoul just north of us.

And down south, yes it's mostly farmland. There are some clump of woods here and there, privately owned and used for hunting. Usually taking up 3 acres or less I'd guess.

There is an abandoned factory between his apartment and the gym, btw.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure whether he was or not online through those days. As an ex-avid gamer I can tell you that steam will continue to run if you don't exit it. If he left his computer/laptop on, or if he just initiated it, he would be online on July 23 on Steam. And I don't remember reading that he wasn't online throughout those dates but I may have missed something I'm sorry if that's the case...

Achievements were logged on his Steam account during those times. I believe you have to be active to procure those.
Also, not that I believe jack he says, BC used video games as his answer to where he was on June 9. There was no activity on Steam at that time, but maybe he was on another platform or something...

This dreg of society is still exerting control over others by not telling where YingYing is!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Given BC showed interest in tying up, chains, shackles (ironic HE is the one in shackles now, but I digress), I wonder if he made any recent purchases for items he could have used in this crime.

I wonder if he already had them on hand.

There are also the steam tunnels on campus that he might know about.

Achievements were logged on his Steam account during those times. I believe you have to be active to procure those.
Also, not that I believe jack he says, BC used video games as his answer to where he was on June 9. There was no activity on Steam at that time, but maybe he was on another platform or something...
That's not how achievements work... If he plays a game a lot, as I believe he did, he may have a lot of achievements won already... And as I remember there were logged hours on some games on his Steam account. I will take a look at it. Tinder profiles only can be accessed if you are in proximity to the account user too.

That's not how achievements work... If he plays a game a lot, as I believe he did, he may have a lot of achievements won already... And as I remember there were logged hours on some games on his Steam account. I will take a look at it. Tinder profiles only can be accessed if you are in proximity to the account user too.

Yes, just had a look on his Steam account.

He had played 64 hours of Darkest Dungeon, 12.4 hours of Higurashi When They Cry, 1.5 of Crypt of the Necromancer plus an hour of other 3 games, all in the last 2 weeks. That's 3 days plus a little something of playing no stop in 14 days.

Here's the link
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074575257

Stuff was being unlocked, achievements was the wrong term, sorry.

He didn't have a job. The university said they had parted ways with him officially after he got his Master's Degree in mid-May. His lawyer has said BC has been job searching since getting his degree.
Job hunting is very time consuming. If he was spending the bulk of his awake time gaming, which we know he did because his Steam profil revealed that he had earned a bunch of badges and leveled until he could no longer get achievements since May, plus lots of time of Fetlife, so I don't believe him that he was job hunting. jmo

Job hunting is very time consuming. If he was spending the bulk of his awake time gaming, which we know he did because his Steam profil revealed that he had earned a bunch of badges and leveled until he could no longer level up since May, so I don't believe him that he was job hunting. jmo

Oh, I completely agree with you. I don't believe he was job hunting, but that's what his attorney said. The attorney is going to do whatever he can to make BC seem normal. That will be a full time job for the attorney, IMO.

There is an old air force base in Rantoul just north of us.

And down south, yes it's mostly farmland. There are some clump of woods here and there, privately owned and used for hunting. Usually taking up 3 acres or less I'd guess.

There is an abandoned factory between his apartment and the gym, btw. [emphasis added]

grasping at straws, but that sounds interesting to me... you know anything much about it... how big? entry possibly accessible by an outside person? lots of interior rooms? if someone were locked in an interior room, could their screams even be heard from outside? etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper