Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how it was possible for her to be brought into his apartment without being seen by neighbors or being captured on video as there are cameras everywhere, and if she resisted, surprising that the sounds were not heard. Praying so very hard for the poor woman and her dear family.

Another question for the lawyer-types: IF BC discloses to an attorney where the body is, is there any legal compulsion for them to inform LE, or does attorney-client privilege trump common decency!?
Take it a hypothetical step forward (just out of curiosity), if a defendant told his lawyer where a living kidnap victim was being held in a 'dungeon' surely there's some necessity to tell LE in a life-or-death situation???

I don't understand how it was possible for her to be brought into his apartment without being seen by neighbors or being captured on video as there are cameras everywhere, and if she resisted, surprising that the sounds were not heard. Praying so very hard for the poor woman and her dear family.

I agree. Certainly if he took her into his apartment on the ninth, around after 2 o'clock, surely there would be security footage from his apt complex. And certainly there'd be some evidence of her left in his apt afterward since he doesn't seem to have planned this out well.

We know he extensively cleaned his car, according to the FBI's affidavit. Maybe it all happened there, with him driving somewhere remote.

Where is Yingying?? Breaks my heart.

I've found a small comfort in knowing this waste of space is sitting behind bars, unable to do his normal life routines. No video games. No 5am workouts. No internet. Just nothing but shackles and probably some fear. This isn't a guy who will accept life in prison easily. Good, I say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another question for the lawyer-types: IF BC discloses to an attorney where the body is, is there any legal compulsion for them to inform LE, or does attorney-client privilege trump common decency!?
Take it a hypothetical step forward (just out of curiosity), if a defendant told his lawyer where a living kidnap victim was being held in a 'dungeon' surely there's some necessity to tell LE in a life-or-death situation???

While not specific to Illinois, this article speaks to that and the answer is essentially no. I found other articles for New York and California that were similar so I think it's safe to carry over.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Dale-Emch/2008/02/03/Lawyer-can-t-reveal-client-s-confession.html

From the article (and bbm):

"Things get tricky, though, if a client tells his lawyer about a planned crime. Rules vary between jurisdictions, but in Ohio, a lawyer may reveal privileged information in order to prevent reasonably certain death or substantial bodily harm, or to prevent a crime by the client or another person."

BC is well educated in the sciences so IMO he knows all about Luminol.

"Luminol has drawbacks that can limit its use in a crime scene investigation:

Luminol chemiluminescence can also be triggered by a number of substances such as copper or copper-containing chemical compounds,[13] and certain bleaches. As a result, if someone cleans a crime scene thoroughly with a bleach solution, residual cleaner makes the entire crime scene produce the typical blue glow, which effectively camouflages organic evidence such as blood." wikipedia

It is also available to buy on Amazon ...but BC is probably on the dark web buying his crap. He very well could have checked his car for blood etc. IMO

I believe that they are staying in UIUC provided housing.

<modsnip>

This is truly heartbreaking; as a parent myself, I cannot imagine the agony of not knowing where their daughter is and what she went through. Heartbreaking.

We know he extensively cleaned his car, according to the FBI's affidavit. Maybe it all happened there, with him driving somewhere remote.

Curiously, the affidavit mentions the passenger side was cleaned more thoroughly, but there was no mention of the back seat or trunk. I wonder if the FBI has more information, or if all evidence is that she was in the front seat.

BC is well educated in the sciences so IMO he knows all about Luminol.

"Luminol has drawbacks that can limit its use in a crime scene investigation:

Luminol chemiluminescence can also be triggered by a number of substances such as copper or copper-containing chemical compounds,[13] and certain bleaches. As a result, if someone cleans a crime scene thoroughly with a bleach solution, residual cleaner makes the entire crime scene produce the typical blue glow, which effectively camouflages organic evidence such as blood." wikipedia

It is also available to buy on Amazon ...but BC is probably on the dark web buying his crap. He very well could have checked his car for blood etc. IMO

If he was dark webbing at all, he'd had kept his Fetlife activity there, imo. Why *not* hide that?! I don't think he's extremely tech savvy.

I know someone posted this back a bit on this thread, but I hope LE has gotten a few of these people he had relationships with to talk. I would love to know where he usually went for any sexual encounters with these people. I would hope some of them would cooperate and divulge this info. Did he have a special place for these encounters? I think in his mind this was the ultimate fantasy for him to act out and he probably went with what areas he felt comfortable and dominant. He wouldn't want to feel vulnerable. He wanted to feel totally in control and not be interrupted.

I think these sorts of ideas and also the nutsters who report "sightings," etc. cause a lot of pain for the family, who out of love and grief want to grasp at any straw.

I know nothing about this woman who reported seeing Yingying in her store, so she might just be wanting attention or whatever. But- I do believe that her and the others in Salem, IL, remember seeing an Asian woman. The town is over 97% white and only 1% Asian- you can see the town's demographics here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem,_Illinois#Demographics

I only mean that this wasn't something that happened very much in their shops, and if it really was on the same day that she went missing, this seems worth reporting if her account of what happened is accurate (ie, same kind of bag, etc.).

What worries me more is that she says she reported it to the FBI, but they never followed up. That makes me quite concerned that they have good reason to think there's no way Yingying ever made it somewhere like there :( IMO only.

I believe this is actually Goodwin & Clark, in front of Campbell Hall.

I think you are confusing where YZ got in the car with where that picture was taken. Goodwin & Clark was where they spoke and she got on the car, Wright & White was where the car was taken by camera some time in the middle of the car ride (some minutes into the ride). I looked up Google map and indeed saw that intersection (Wright & White) exactly as shown in the picture. It's somewhere to the left (=west?) of Goodwin where she got in the car.

<modsnip>

Geez, seems like a conflict of interest to me!

I'm not sure if it's "technically" a COI- if he couldn't represent anyone locally, it seems like he wouldn't be able to be in both positions at once. I'm sure he has legally worked out how to divide his different responsibilities. Full disclosure: Not a lawyer in any way shape or form. Just voicing my thoughts on this.

He's handled many big cases in the area before, such as defending basketball players with legal issues, but I'm just surprised he is defending someone who is accused of one of the more shocking and publicized crimes in his town. He's lived there for decades and went to school at Illinois- you would think he wouldn't want to have a part in this, even if just for appearances and not because of a COI. It's one thing to defend the star basketball player (even if he was accused of something quite bad), but it seems weird to defend the person accused of kidnapping, and likely more if the FBI's insinuations that she is not alive are correct.

I think you are confusing where YZ got in the car with where that picture was taken. Goodwin & Clark was where they spoke and she got on the car, Wright & White was where the car was taken by camera some time in the middle of the car ride (some minutes into the ride). I looked up Google map and indeed saw that intersection (Wright & White) exactly as shown in the picture. It's somewhere to the left (=west?) of Goodwin where she got in the car.

But it's your reasonable guess that they're married, right? (A less likely but not impossible would be that the woman with him at the rally was the wife, and the gym workout companion was not married to him)

Lol. I only knew it was Wright and White because the house on the corner there was a big party house back in the day. And I think this footage was taken before he picked up Yingying as stated in its release by UIUC police. So it would confirm he was circling the area but not indicative of where he drove afterwards.

<modsnip>

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if it's "technically" a COI- if he couldn't represent anyone locally, it seems like he wouldn't be able to be in both positions at once. I'm sure he has legally worked out how to divide his different responsibilities. Full disclosure: Not a lawyer in any way shape or form. Just voicing my thoughts on this.

He's handled many big cases in the area before, such as defending basketball players with legal issues, but I'm just surprised he is defending someone who is accused of one of the more shocking and publicized crimes in his town. He's lived there for decades and went to school at Illinois- you would think he wouldn't want to have a part in this, even if just for appearances and not because of a COI. It's one thing to defend the star basketball player (even if he was accused of something quite bad), but it seems weird to defend the person accused of kidnapping, and likely more if the FBI's insinuations that she is not alive are correct.
The city council isn't part of the local court system... They deal with stuff like where tax money should be spent. There shouldn't be any direct conflict of interests; but if one arose he would just abstain from voting on it at the city council. I do commend him for taking on some of these cases. You can tell from his decision to live here for 30+ years, raise his children here and his involvement with the city council that he cares very much for this community. He seems like a good guy who believes in the fair pursuit of our judicial system even in the face of possible backlash due to his clients crimes. ...And I'm sure he charges a good price for it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tom and Evan Bruno said it is difficult for Christensen to assist in his own defense since he isn't allowed to have his own copies of evidence. The Brunos said they will have to bring documents, audio recordings and more to Christensen and sit with him while he goes over them.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...eement-house-federal-inmates-county-jail.html
And the whole world asks, "SO WHAT?" Sorry, but every word will be scrutinized and "This is all foreign to him"
"It's a 2 hour drive for us" and "We actually have to bring documents, audio recording and more (??) to Christensen and sit with him while he goes over them."
So is every 30 second sound bite from the defense attys going to be complaints about how difficult it is for them??
(I like wine, but I don't like whine....just my opinion, of course. iykwim )
Any possibility BC was bragging to a "mentor" or such ? Without going into detail, MRSOBRIEN, how many local contacts did he have from that site....1-5, 5-10, 10-15?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephenWiltshire