Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Err... incineration? That's really not very common, and it's not very easy. Is there any reason to suggest that in this case, other than that her body hasn't been found yet (a situation that puts her in good company with many who have not been incinerated)?
no reason to either suggest it or refute it as a possibility.. could well be a cul-de-sac, more on the lines of looking at absolutely every possibility imaginable.. in a case without flesh or bones.

Err... incineration? That's really not very common, and it's not very easy. Is there any reason to suggest that in this case, other than that her body hasn't been found yet (a situation that puts her in good company with many who have not been incinerated)?

Warning - graphic content follows.

I agree incineration is not an easy thing to do, nor is it common. However, a few threads upstream, we were kicking around the theory that as a physics student, he probably had access to various labs throughout campus. Once students are finished running tests in labs, how do they dispose of the physical matter used in the testing? Is any of this incinerated?

We have to remember several weeks passed between the time YYZ was abducted and BC's arrest. While incinerating (or chemically destroying) a body may be difficult, it is not impossible. Bodies can be dismembered and disposed of piece by piece. I'm thinking Ed Gein, the model for the serial killer in "Silence of the Lambs" and "Psycho".

Lastly, Ed Gein lived in Plainfield, Wisconsin, which is a stone's throw from Stevens Point, Wisconsin, which is where BC was born and where he went to school. (I believe the distance between Stevens Point and Plainfield is between 20 - 30 miles).

I grew up in Central Wisconsin; Plainfield is about 45 miles south of where I was born and raised. Even though Gein's crimes took place before I was born, his name and crimes came up in discussion occasionally.

I've included a map, where Plainfield's location is marked by the red balloon. Go due North on Highway 39, past Plover, and you'll see Stevens Point.

attachment.php

https://www.biography.com/people/ed-gein-11291338

End of graphic content.

Just MVHO.

Attachments

• plainfieldWisconsinMap.png
    plainfieldWisconsinMap.png
    125.3 KB · Views: 304
Makes me wonder what BC recorded that LE have now got on file.

Seems to me LE is insistent this is a murder, no body, and they believe he is the one who killed her. How can they be so confident her body is not going to be found? Or am I misreading something in the thread. At least that is how I remember past info to have been. Do LE expect a body can be found someday.... they do not seem to be doing searches any more now, are they?

I can't think of any reason for there not to be a body unless it has been totally destroyed. How else could that happen but incineration?

Seems to me LE is insistent this is a murder, no body, and they believe he is the one who killed her. How can they be so confident her body is not going to be found? Or am I misreading something in the thread. At least that is how I remember past info to have been. Do LE expect a body can be found someday.... they do not seem to be doing searches any more now, are they?

I can't think of any reason for there not to be a body unless it has been totally destroyed. How else could that happen but incineration?

I don't think I've read anything to suggest that LE believes they won't find her body, just that they have enough to bring charges without it.

Actually, I think there are several ways to dispose of a body with it unlikely of being found, but still my guess is that they HAVE found at least remnants of the body, and that is why there is talk of a murder charge finally being drawn. I asked earlier but no lawyer responded (have they all left this thread?) what are the chances of a murder indictment coming down with no body or physical evidence, but only circumstantial evidence available?
Having said all that, I do wonder about access to any campus incinerators used by the physics dept., and I wonder if all campus video was looked at for the presence of either of BC’s cars the weekend following the Friday abduction?

Actually, I think there are several ways to dispose of a body with it unlikely of being found, but still my guess is that they HAVE found at least remnants of the body, and that is why there is talk of a murder charge finally being drawn. I asked earlier but no lawyer responded (have they all left this thread?) what are the chances of a murder indictment coming down with no body or physical evidence, but only circumstantial evidence available?
Having said all that, I do wonder about access to any campus incinerators used by the physics dept., and I wonder if all campus video was looked at for the presence of either of BC’s cars the weekend following the Friday abduction?

good thinking, Webthrush. We have had many cases here where murder has been the charge even with only circumstantial evidence, and without a body.

Here's one I did not follow, so I don't know if we had a thread: http://www.startribune.com/no-body-murder-cases-can-be-won/195787951/

more cases without a body: http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95807&page=1

good thinking, Webthrush. We have had many cases here where murder has been the charge even with only circumstantial evidence, and without a body.

Here's one I did not follow, so I don't know if we had a thread: http://www.startribune.com/no-body-murder-cases-can-be-won/195787951/

more cases without a body: http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95807&page=1
I’ve looked at the links now and they themselves cite how unusual and difficult murder charges without a body are (even if a growing number); moreover, they are mostly years-old cases, where the sheer passage of time argues for death of the unfound victim. Yingying’s case, at only a few months old, I think is quite different, and for LE to be acting so certain of her death and probably about to bring murder charges, I still suspect means they have, at the very least, direct video evidence from BC’s cellphone, but more likely, actual physical/forensic evidence of her body. Hopefully, we’ll all know more before the end of October.

I don't think I've read anything to suggest that LE believes they won't find her body, just that they have enough to bring charges without it.

I think LE will bring murder charges which will bring the likelihood of a confession - with BC either confirming where YY is or what has happened to her. JMO.

I remember there were a lot of speculations about how the FBI came to this conclusion after YY was presumed dead on June 30. And around the mid of July, the Zhang family lawyer Mr. Wang told a Chinese reporter that the FBI did not disclose any details of the case to the family, but there was a sign that the body probably had been found already and the LE was conducting some forensic examinations though he wasn’t sure. So does it mean by the time YY was claimed dead, the LE already had ‘something’ in hand, was just waiting for the forensic results to confirm it.

Now two months later, I wonder what that ‘something’ is, if it was a body or remains of a body like legs, arms, torso or whatever, why did the LE not inform the family yet and keep telling them they hadn’t found YY’s body? I don't know much about the judicial procedures in the United States, but does police really need that long to inform their families and return the bodies/body parts to them? Well, it made me wonder what the LE found might be something really horrible, like human tissues, ashes etc. that means the body might have been destroyed, and left very little to be found and examined, can this explain why the families are not informed anything and it takes this long for the additional charges, probably a death penalty to be indicted?

The information we have now forces me to think in this direction, Previously, I simply thought that the suspect just strangled her, then dumped her in a river, cornfield or buried her somewhere. After all, the suspect is young and had zero criminal records, this is the first time he committed a crime.

There is also a possibility that the family already knows something from LE that is not open to the public, but at this stage they have to keep it to themselves due to forensic reasons. We have no idea what they know and how much did LE disclose to them, but I think they know more details of this case than us.

There is also a possibility that the family already knows something from LE that is not open to the public, but at this stage they have to keep it to themselves due to forensic reasons. We have no idea what they know and how much did LE disclose to them, but I think they know more details of this case than us.

I do agree they know more than we do. But I don't think they know YY's whereabouts. Some days ago when the public questioned them why there's no action from them to search for YY, the aunt said the cornfield didn't allow people to enter, and the boyfriend Xiaolin Hou said they are very frustrated not only the LE not find the body, but they aren't even able to narrow an area for them to search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do agree they know more than we do. But I don't think they know YY's whereabouts. Some days ago when the public questioned them why there's no action from them to search for YY, the aunt said the cornfield didn't allow people to enter, and the boyfriend Xiaolin Hou said they are very frustrated not only the LE not find the body, but they aren't even able to narrow an area for them to search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very much doubt family knows more than we do -- LE can only tell them whatever they are willing to have released publicly (for fear any family info will leak out). That's why I'm sure family is SO frustrated -- can't get any more info than is in news.
MrsObrien's post showing BC's acct. being used on Aug. 6 kind of interesting -- when I went to check it another possibly interesting person (who we can't talk about) was online playing the same game ("Dota 2").
At some point I'd like to again go over the (confusing?) potential Federal/State jurisdictions coming up, but I'll save that for later, 'cuz we've been over it before.

Warning - graphic content follows.

I agree incineration is not an easy thing to do, nor is it common. However, a few threads upstream, we were kicking around the theory that as a physics student, he probably had access to various labs throughout campus. Once students are finished running tests in labs, how do they dispose of the physical matter used in the testing? Is any of this incinerated?

We have to remember several weeks passed between the time YYZ was abducted and BC's arrest. While incinerating (or chemically destroying) a body may be difficult, it is not impossible. Bodies can be dismembered and disposed of piece by piece. I'm thinking Ed Gein, the model for the serial killer in "Silence of the Lambs" and "Psycho".

Lastly, Ed Gein lived in Plainfield, Wisconsin, which is a stone's throw from Stevens Point, Wisconsin, which is where BC was born and where he went to school. (I believe the distance between Stevens Point and Plainfield is between 20 - 30 miles).

I grew up in Central Wisconsin; Plainfield is about 45 miles south of where I was born and raised. Even though Gein's crimes took place before I was born, his name and crimes came up in discussion occasionally.

I've included a map, where Plainfield's location is marked by the red balloon. Go due North on Highway 39, past Plover, and you'll see Stevens Point.

attachment.php

https://www.biography.com/people/ed-gein-11291338

End of graphic content.

Just MVHO.

Maybe, BC had a strong interest in the case of Dellen Millard, Ontario, who murdered together with his friend a young family man only to steal his truck and then incinerated the body of his victim. A trial for his missing and probably murdered and also possibly incinerated ex-girlfriend is going to come.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?518-Timothy-Bosma

Part of me wonders if BC hasn’t confessed to where her remains are and that the FBI is conducting dna testing on said remains where BC said that could be obtained. They were very specific in saying “more charges in October”

Klonopin which is a benzodiazepine and to which BC is being prescribed in jail, maybe he confessed because the kpin maybe eased his mind a bit?

IF the university has an incinerator, BC was not a student and would not have had access. Anyway, how does someone use an incinerator in an urban setting unnoticed?

IF the university has an incinerator, BC was not a student and would not have had access. Anyway, how does someone use an incinerator in an urban setting unnoticed?

Yeah, and why would a physics student, even if he had still been a student, have had access to an incinerator? Most of the ones I know spend all of their time writing code.

Yeah, and why would a physics student, even if he had still been a student, have had access to an incinerator? Most of the ones I know spend all of their time writing code.
No, he wouldn't have personally accessed the incinerator, but possibly he would know a bin or container (where specific physics trash was put) to dump a bag in that would eventually go to the incinerator.
[...but to be clear, I don't think that's what happened; I'm still inclined toward a landfill from a Champaign dumpster.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153