Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KK is not involved. Coincidences happen in every murder. Some people here speculating about how KK must have contacted RA and then envisioning the murder isn’t helping. No one else has been arrested in connection with the murders or we would know it by now. I know people want everything to “fit” but with KK it doesn’t.

This was a lone wolf on a mission to complete a fantasy. Conspiracy theories about KK are just that, conspiracies. Jmo jmo jmo
Time will tell. The fact that KK "seemed" to be cooperating recently with prosecutors in his case, then there was the Wabash River search near his home, and now the RA arrest, indicates there is some sort of connection. Could also be nothing, but time will tell.

Thinking the same.
But I am not at all sure he left DNA.
If he had would they not have caught him sooner?
Small town, he was profiled by 2019 cumbersome but probably not hugely expensive to get the coffee cups for the couple of hundred that I imagine would live there with similar physical characteristics.

I'm new to case so please forgive my ignorance when I ask why was there just this single act if he was a lone operator?

Did it fulfil him sufficiently and under what circumstances is this likely or possible?

Nice gentle bloke, helpful and kind.
Does this.
Immediately returns to helpful and kind.
Nothing else happens in the next 5 years?
Not sure he left DNA. In our day and age, and a local, would have been found much sooner with a smudge of DNA.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Libby but she was a little chunky, RA wasn't very tall, and she was (NO pun intended) dead weight, so I can only imagine that it would be extremely difficult for RA to move her on his own. With just dead weight alone, even if the person is not very big, I can only imagine would be difficult to move. But I guess with your adrenaline pumping you gain strength that you don't have otherwise so maybe it was possible he did it on his own. Although I'm more apt to think he had help (KK).

All MOO
They were staged/posed right next to where they were killed. He could have easily moved/staged them himself. I think people are getting the idea they were moved a fair distance, or relocated, but that's not the case.

Not sure he left DNA. In our day and age, and a local, would have been found much sooner with a smudge of DNA.
I didn't think so either but am wondering if familial DNA played a role. Maybe someone in his family tree did their ancestry test, but only did so recently? That's not my top hunch, but it's possibility...unless other people here decided that's not possible and there is no further need to speculate.

jmojmojmo

KK is not involved. Coincidences happen in every murder. Some people here speculating about how KK must have contacted RA and then envisioning the murder isn’t helping. No one else has been arrested in connection with the murders or we would know it by now. I know people want everything to “fit” but with KK it doesn’t.

This was a lone wolf on a mission to complete a fantasy. Conspiracy theories about KK are just that, conspiracies. Jmo jmo jmo
IMO, There are a lot of facts to back up the theory that the two persons might be connected. I felt the same way as you for a long time. Then I reread the KK interview transcript combined with recent comments from LE. How likely is it that KK planned to meet the girls that day and RA does and kills them but they are not connected? Almost impossible. All IMO.

The search warrant looks like it was issued sometimes in mid to late March as it heavily references both a March 6th and 7th interview with RL. Both Abby and Libby's funerals had already passed by that stage weeks previous so autopsy, COD, etc would have been well established.
The warrant was signed and dated March 17th

I have to admit it’s a bit frustrating to me to hear people aren’t impressed with the press conference. For those of us that have followed the Evansdale case for 10 years, we would be elated if we could hear that someone was charged with murder. Those girls have been gone twice as long as Abby and Libby and while they’re each equally important and deserving of justice, it’s been a long road for Lyric and Elizabeth.

I’m certainly not telling anyone what to post, but I just had to get that off my chest.

I have to admit it’s a bit frustrating to me to hear people aren’t impressed with the press conference. For those of us that have followed the Evansdale case for 10 years, we would be elated if we could hear that someone was charged with murder. Those girls have been gone twice as long as Abby and Libby and while they’re each equally important and deserving of justice, it’s been a long road for Lyric and Elizabeth.

I’m certainly not telling anyone what to post, but I just had to get that off my chest.
I agree, and if LE has any question in their mind that someone else might be involved, I'll happily wait while they investigate further.

Sources with firsthand knowledge of the investigation told FOX59 Allen actually came forward as a witness in the earlier stages of the investigation.

So he tells police he was there that day, he matches the video of BG but he somehow convinces them it’s not him? If he was involved in helping create OBG sketch then giving an accurate description of the hat & jacket probably helped deflect suspicion and adding the big bulbous nose, “not blue” eyes.

I’m hesitant to believe either of the witnesses involved in the sketch actually saw RA that day. And I don’t think LE was onto him until the last couple of weeks. Maybe they started looking into him for something unrelated and found something related?

My head is spinning, how did he explain to his wife that he was there but wasn’t him on video? I have assumed up until this point no one was aware he was at the trails that day.

I'm terrible at searching this site - can someone link KAK's thread, please?! Tia.

LE is not clearing anybody and totally leaving the door open to the possibility of others involved. In fact, charging RA with “murder” in Indiana would apply if he was an accessory to murder. To my knowledge LE has not yet alleged that they do in fact believe he is the actual killer.

Moo - Until LE officially clears somebody I’m going to assume the potential exists.

Sources with firsthand knowledge of the investigation told FOX59 Allen actually came forward as a witness in the earlier stages of the investigation.

So he tells police he was there that day, he matches the video of BG but he somehow convinces them it’s not him? If he was involved in helping create OBG sketch then giving an accurate description of the hat & jacket probably helped deflect suspicion and adding the big bulbous nose, “not blue” eyes.

I’m hesitant to believe either of the witnesses involved in the sketch actually saw RA that day. And I don’t think LE was onto him until the last couple of weeks. Maybe they started looking into him for something unrelated and found something related?

My head is spinning, how did he explain to his wife that he was there but wasn’t him on video? I have assumed up until this point no one was aware he was at the trails that day.
Wow!!!

I didn't think so either but am wondering if familial DNA played a role. Maybe someone in his family tree did their ancestry test, but only did so recently? That's not my top hunch, but it's possibility...unless other people here decided that's not possible and there is no further need to speculate.

jmojmojmo

It would make sense. Maybe someone in his life did one of those tests in the past couple of years. I know I didn't bother until I was married and trying to have children with my husband that we both did 23andme to see what our precise ancestry breakdowns were and if there were any fun genetic traits we shared. Sometimes a life event like that could spur someone to do it completely unrelated to true crime. JMO and speculation!

Here is JH's explanation of how the first sketch came to be.

Delphi Murders CrimeCon Interview Transcript - CrimeLights

SGT. HOLEMAN: You can ask the tough questions, I’ll answer them. Again, it takes a lot of time. I’m not a sketch artist. The FBI actually–an agent from the FBI–did the sketch. And you know, I think when somebody sketches it takes like, 10 minutes [shakes head ‘no’]. It takes several weeks. But to get the information, to find the people that we believe saw that person that day near the time of the murders, that takes months. So we had to locate these people, interview them, find out who they really saw. Did they really see the guy on the bridge from the video, or did they see Mike out there helping search, or did they see somebody else out there helping with the search? So we had to identify those people, and once we felt like we identified the people that actually saw the guy on the bridge, then the sketch itself took, again, several weeks. They sketched it, looked at it, “No…that’s not correct”. I will say that she still–[Clarification note: he quickly corrects his use of ‘she’ to ‘they’]—they, there’s a couple people— still aren’t convinced that’s the proper hat, but that’s the hat that the sketch artist could come up with as close to what the witnesses were describing. And I know the Superintendent [Doug Carter] said “Don’t focus on the sketch”, and we got a lot of calls on that. I think what he meant to say was…you know, where there’s four or five of us up here right now and if we pick somebody out of room right now and identify them to a sketch artist, there would be five different sketches. They’d have the similar features, as we believe this sketch has of the guy on the bridge, but they’d be a little different. So I think that what he meant is the person that did this heinous crime may not exactly look like that sketch. That’s what the person’s information and then the sketch artist had to take that information in and then put it on paper. So it’s not always going to be perfect, but we think that’s a really good sketch, and we think it’s really close to the person that we’re looking for on the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14