Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KK is not involved. Coincidences happen in every murder. Some people here speculating about how KK must have contacted RA and then envisioning the murder isn’t helping. No one else has been arrested in connection with the murders or we would know it by now. I know people want everything to “fit” but with KK it doesn’t.

This was a lone wolf on a mission to complete a fantasy. Conspiracy theories about KK are just that, conspiracies. Jmo jmo jmo
KK and RA are both from Peru Indiana - Pop. 10,000. KK texted Libby that morning. RA killed her in the afternoon. Even if the link is only on a catfishing site …. ?

It is a guy that looks like me, my height, wearing different stuff and with very BROWN eyes. Yeah, that's it.

What's even scarier to me - what if RA gave the description for the second sketch? And convinced LE the first sketch was wrong because those people probably just saw him??

This is an awful case and I try not to criticize LE, but I think at the proper time and place after there's a conviction everyone deserves an explanation about the second sketch.

Posting these notes for anyone that might be interested in pin points.

Information from Barbara McDonald (Down The Hill) and the neighbour two doors up.

• Search Oct 13. Commenced just before noon - went for 12 hours. LE arrived in unmarked vehicles and clothing. LE asked Rick and Wife to exit the house.
  • Rick stood in the driveway for several hours and also sat in the car with his wife for several hours. At some point the neighbour said the wife left.
  • Plenty of LE just stood around for the first part of the day. As it was getting dark Chief Deputy Liggett arrived with a piece of paper in hand. He handed that paper to Rick. Immediately a tow truck arrived and to take Rick Allen's car away.
  • At this point some LE entered the house and some entered the backyard. They started searching the shed and taking pictures.
  • LE were using a device like a metal detector or sonar around the shed and in the flower bed. They did not dig in the flower bed but did dig up two tiny spots near shed.
  • LE started bring ing items out from the house. Neighbours said 1 LE officer came out with what appeared to be 2 large bundles of dark coloured cloth. Could not be sure it was clothes, only that it was definitely cloth.
  • LE also brought out a Macy's shopping bag, a shoe box and a small stack of books. Said they were thin books not thick like encyclopedia books.
  • The neighbour said they were starting to get concerned and placed a call to Chief Deputy Liggett to ask what was going on and all that Liggett told them was to 'stay vigilant especially with your wife and daughters.' This unsettled them.
  • The day after the search Rick went to work. The neighbour states he saw him in store and felt that Rick was continuing as if nothing happened. Neighbour said they lived life as normal til Oct 26th when Rick was detained.
  • From Oct 26 the neighbours have not seen anyone at the house. They have not seen the wife since he was detained.
  • House has remained empty since Oct 26.
  • The neighbour said they were a normal family. They did not have visitors, no parties, etc. They were very quiet.
  • Neighbour said he would see Rick arrive home from work and Rick would regularly sit in the driveway in a lawn chair having a few beers and maybe smoking some ciggarettes.
  • Neighbour said they had a little bit more interaction with the wife than they did with him.
Note: I think we can assume LE sat around for hours and made sure nothing was interferred with whilst they gained a warrant for the house and car. So the search itself did not go for 12 hours.

Edit: Spelling.

Thanks for posting this great summary!

Hard to believe RA went to work the day after the search.
  • The day after the search Rick went to work. The neighbour states he saw him in store and felt that Rick was continuing as if nothing happened. Neighbour said they lived life as normal til Oct 26th when Rick was detained.

Also interesting that neighbor said that RA often sat in his driveway and had a beer and smoked cigarettes. So maybe LE were able to get his DNA from a cigarette butt.

I find it hard to believe he came forward and they didn't put 2 and 2 together.

However, did Carter not say something like...."we may have talked to you before...." in the originally presser?

so maybe they had hunches, but no evidence, and finally something slipped.

I hope that any young person that fell victim to RA previously will come forward and call the tip line and tell their story. RA has preyed upon young girls for some time. Additionally, most likely not first murder. IMO, MOO

I hope the same. This is why I don't understand why the media has so many commentators saying they don't understand why they are still taking tips and implying it means they don't have much on RA.

Of course they are still taking tips! We just learned about this guy last week and there is no telling who else may have info about him. I guess it's clickbait, but it drives me crazy.

However, did Carter not say something like...."we may have talked to you before...." in the originally presser?

Yeah I think he said "we have likely interviewed you" in the 2019 presser. I'm curious to know if he was on their radar. Like you said, he definitely could have been and they just needed evidence.

The new info makes this statement all the more telling

“I’ve been in the business, our business, for a while and I thought, ‘Boy, how’d I even miss that one?” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby, who’s been in law enforcement for 36 years and whose department assisted in the multi-agency investigation, told IndyStar.

You'd be surprised how inept these investigations can be. Especially early on when theres a ton of departments involved.

Look a the Closs kidnapping and murders. Police only passed one car that night, right by the crime scene, but completely omitted that information. It didn't come out until after the case was solved and their answer is 'Hmm, we didn't think it was important.'

He did. He said in the presser when the second sketch was released that they likely have interviewed him or someone close to him.

The search warrant looks like it was issued sometimes in mid to late March as it heavily references both a March 6th and 7th interview with RL. Both Abby and Libby's funerals had already passed by that stage weeks previous so autopsy, COD, etc would have been well established.
Autopsy reports are routinely still pending at the time of funerals. They take awhile. At least a couple of weeks in most places.

That is quite the alias. As a retired banker, what I mean is, alias' are usually variations of a person's real name to include variations of maiden and previous married names for women. The few times I ran across a completely different unrelated alias it was usually hiding crimes or previous sketchy financial dealings. There were a lot of people who had no idea of their spouses hidden life. This made for some interesting discussions between them as they were sitting at my desk being turned down for a loan or mortgage.

I'm very curious to find what this alias is about.
Maybe an online persona? Like you, I don't think it means nothing. Whether it is related to this crime is an open question.

On a different topic, I wonder what counsel he has retained? It's gonna cost!

Anyone venture a guess as to how long it will be until we start to learn information that gives at least a little insight? I’m not expecting to know exactly what may have happened for a long time, if ever. But I feel like there is a middle ground that can provide some understanding. Will we know nothing until trial? Everything remains sealed?
I think we are going to wait until damn near close to trial. The impression I got in the room was that they now feel that they are at a new "starting off" point and don't want to jeopardize anything this early. They were really pushing the presumed innocent thing hard. It's looking like they have some loose ends they want to tie up and see who may have helped him after the fact.

It’s logical he would have been talked/questioned - he fit the demographic and no doubt most of the men would have been talked to.

This is a town of less than 3000 people and so say there is 1000 men then cut them down by age and race. It would be a lot smaller the group LE checked out.

MOO

Last edited:
March was just 2 weeks after the murders. It usually takes at least that long to get autopsy results back. But it also said no "visible" signs of struggle.

It's possible They could have not had the autopsy report yet or just chose not to refer to it especially if the timing was close and they hadnt had a chance to digest it. The "visible" part is key. It keeps them outta hot water with the judge if they presented it that way to get a warrant because they knew RL didnt didn't have any defensive wounds.

If they had the autopsy report and it showed no sign of struggle, i feel like they wouldn't have includied the "visible" part and woulda referred to the report. As that would help with the securing a good warrant. Jmo.

I'm curious to what others think
I'm thinking there were not signs of defensive wounds, not that there were no visible wounds at all. GRAPHIC warning: RA could punch a girl and subdue her instantly and then threaten the other with the same if she fought him. A punch by a determined grown man to the head could knock someone out.

I do not know that is what happened. Speculating a possible scenario. May or may not hold water.

jmo

I'm thinking there were not signs of defensive wounds, not that there were not visible wounds at all. GRAPHIC warning: RA could punch a girl and subdue her instantly and then threaten the other with the same if she fought him. A punch by a determined grown man to the head could knock someone out.

I do not know that is what happened. Speculating a possible scenario. May or may not hold water.

jmo
That's an excellent point.

Not surprised he was relatively local. Most serial killers aren't caught on video with audio however. It'll certainly be interesting to see if he gets tied to anything else now they likely have his DNA etc.

As another poster replied to me, I guessing having a family and his job being in Delphi, it would be challenging for him to move even if he wanted to.
That's a good point too! I do think the video flub along with Covid years may have prevented him from committing more murders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli