Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #153 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great questions. We need more about his youth background, his years as a parent & interests as far as weapons handling (hunting?).

Also, so many are looking for a KAK link to RMA but what about a link between RL & RMA? Did they know each other casually or socially? Online? Ever drink together? Do they have a friend or relative in common?

Forensic psychologists could help answer your questions with some deeper background info.

I've seen quite a few interviews with people stating basically "nice, average guy". But there are people who know him better than that. I want to hear from them.

JMO
HLN (Down The Hill podcast) reported he did have a hunting license.

Could he have not received a deal on his current charges, but received immunity on being an accomplice if his getaway car story is true?
I doubt they would give immunity in this case. And they did say at press conference that anyone involved would be charged. If he was waiting in car that’s being involved.

Great questions. We need more about his youth background, his years as a parent & interests as far as weapons handling (hunting?).

Also, so many are looking for a KAK link to RMA but what about a link between RL & RMA? Did they know each other casually or socially? Online? Ever drink together? Do they have a friend or relative in common?

Forensic psychologists could help answer your questions with some deeper background info.

I've seen quite a few interviews with people stating basically "nice, average guy". But there are people who know him better than that. I want to hear from them.

JMO
IMO, it would be difficult for RL and RMA to live so close to each other, enjoy drinking, and not be familiar with each other (unless RL preferred to obtain his alcohol from the liquor store)

@BobSegallWTHR

Proud to say 13 Investigates' efforts to ensure transparency in our courts & justice system is paying off. After the prosecutor in Carroll County announced he wants all documents in the Delphi murder case sealed, 13 Investigates pushed back. #WTHR 1/
@BobSegallWTHR

The probable cause affidavit & other records in the high-profile case are public records & you have a legal right to see them to ensure the justice system is working properly. Today, just hours after I appealed directly to the judge, the prosecutor & state court admin... #WTHR 2/
7:42 PM · Nov 2, 2022

https://mobile.twitter.com/BobSegallWTHR
...the court granted the #WTHR request to release more info about the arrest of Richard Allen. And the judge copied me on an extraordinary email... a plea for help after he said he needs to be "shielded from this storm" following his order to seal the court records. 3/
7:44 PM · Nov 2, 2022

https://mobile.twitter.com/BobSegallWTHR
In 30 years of reporting, I've never seen an email like the one shared with me today by Judge Diener. It provides valuable & rare insights into a rural court overwhelmed by requests for sealed public info in one of the most notorious murder cases in Indiana history. #WTHR 4/
7:47 PM · Nov 2, 2022

Legal scholars, other attorneys, prosecutors & judges have told #WTHR they have never seen a high-profile murder case in which the defendant has been arrested and charged & yet the probable cause affidavit still remains sealed. Today, the court released details of a hearing... 5/
7:49 PM · Nov 2, 2022·

that will determine whether court records in the #Delphi murder case of #AbbyandLibby will be unsealed. The hearing will be on Nov 22. #WTHR will be there and we are continuing to request the public records be released as state law requires. 6/
7:52 PM · Nov 2, 2022

I'm the poster haha

It wasn't an interview with Carter, though. @MistyWaters

The MS podcast was reporting on what they had been told about Carter's view on a plea deal for KAK by a source highly placed within the investigation.

Okay, thank you, it’s comforting to know I didn’t totally dream it up!

It sounds like Sheriff Leazenby was taken by surprise with the arrest.

Allen worked at CVS. You can see the store from the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office. Sheriff Leazenby remembers seeing Allen at CVS and having interactions with him. He described Allen as ‘professional.’

“You go to that store to shop, pick up some prescriptions, what have you. To make the connection now, it’s a very unusual feeling,” said Sheriff Leazenby.

Last week when Sheriff Leazenby got word that an arrest was being made in Abby and Libby’s murder, we asked if there was some hesitation of getting his hopes up.

“Based on what the investigators shared with me my answer is no. I felt very confident with what they had gained,” said Sheriff Leazenby.

What linked Allen to the Delphi double homicide? Is there anyone else involved? These are just a couple of the many questions still out there.

“I know people get frustrated with us being tight-lipped and not sharing information but the way the criminal justice system works, the courtroom is the place, the arena for that to be shared in,” said Sheriff Leazenby.

RMA will plead guilty when it finally sinks in that they have him "six ways to Sunday". Once his lawyer (and yes he will get one) shows him the state's case against him, he will plead guilty to escape the DP.

After 5 years, there was enough evidence presented to a judge that he/she signed a PC warrant to arrest RMA for the murders of 2 children and bond was set at $20 million. RMA has seen his last day of freedom for the rest of his life.

Unbelievably sick to murder little girls the same age as his own daughter, then later have her pose for a photo shoot where his reign of terror began.

Poor little girl, she didn't deserve this for a father.

It sounds like Sheriff Leazenby was taken by surprise with the arrest.

Allen worked at CVS. You can see the store from the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office. Sheriff Leazenby remembers seeing Allen at CVS and having interactions with him. He described Allen as ‘professional.’

“You go to that store to shop, pick up some prescriptions, what have you. To make the connection now, it’s a very unusual feeling,” said Sheriff Leazenby.

Last week when Sheriff Leazenby got word that an arrest was being made in Abby and Libby’s murder, we asked if there was some hesitation of getting his hopes up.

“Based on what the investigators shared with me my answer is no. I felt very confident with what they had gained,” said Sheriff Leazenby.

What linked Allen to the Delphi double homicide? Is there anyone else involved? These are just a couple of the many questions still out there.

“I know people get frustrated with us being tight-lipped and not sharing information but the way the criminal justice system works, the courtroom is the place, the arena for that to be shared in,” said Sheriff Leazenby.
IN sup court doesn't agree with Mr. Sheriff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221102-223030_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221102-223030_Chrome.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 67
This just screams unprofessional to me. Like how could they not expect this and if he can’t handle the job get somebody in who can.

imo
It isn’t unprofessional, it is just small town. As of the 2010 United States Census, the population was 20,155. The county seat is Delphi. It is the court where this crime occurred, so it is the court over these proceedings for now.

I have been going back reading some transcripts of various interviews - sometimes I prefer to read than watch I think bc of the sensationalized tone or redundant nature of some of these things. But Robert Ives seems really interesting. He was telling media about the signatures and seemed kind of willing to allude to more information but held himself back bc of LE. He was the prosecutor at the time of the murders. Based on his interviews I think he would be more likely to have filed this unsealed. Anyways, I had forgotten but he was the one who said there was a lot of physical evidence at the scene. Crimelights.com has a lot of transcripts they all seem to be from MSM with no whacko comments or speculation
I agree! He also seemed IMO to disagree with DC on what the public needed to know.
I also wonder why the FBI bolted. Or at least didn't make a return after the "ring" ordeal.

The prosecutor charged RA with felony murder. I just looked up info on the death penalty in IN and there has to be an aggravating factor if the prosecutor intends to ask for the DP. These aggravating factors seem to correlate with the felony murder law.

This makes me wonder if this is the prosecution telegraphing they are going for the DP.

DEATH PENALTY AGGRAVATING FACTORS
(A) Arson (IC 35-43-1-1).
(B) Burglary (IC 35-43-2-1).
(C) Child molesting (IC 35-42-4-3).
(D) Criminal deviate conduct (IC 35-42-4-2) (before its repeal).
(E) Kidnapping (IC 35-42-3-2).
(F) Rape (IC 35-42-4-1).
(G) Robbery (IC 35-42-5-1).
(H) Carjacking (IC 35-42-5-2) (before its repeal).
(I) Criminal organization activity (IC 35-45-9-3).
(J) Dealing in cocaine or a narcotic drug (IC 35-48-4-1).
(K) Criminal confinement (IC 35-42-3-3).

FELONY MURDER LAW
(2) kills another human being while committing or attempting to commit arson, burglary, child molesting, consumer product tampering, criminal deviate conduct (under IC 35-42-4-2 before its repeal), kidnapping, rape, robbery, human trafficking, promotion of human labor trafficking, promotion of human sexual trafficking, promotion of child sexual trafficking, promotion of sexual trafficking of a younger child, child sexual trafficking, or carjacking (before its repeal);

The prosecutor charged RA with felony murder. I just looked up info on the death penalty in IN and there has to be an aggravating factor if the prosecutor intends to ask for the DP. These aggravating factors seem to correlate with the felony murder law.

This makes me wonder if this is the prosecution telegraphing they are going for the DP.

(F) Rape (IC 35-42-4-1).

FELONY MURDER LAW
(2) kills another human being while committing or attempting to commit arson, burglary, child molesting, consumer product tampering, criminal deviate conduct (under IC 35-42-4-2 before its repeal), kidnapping, rape, robbery, human trafficking, promotion of human labor trafficking, promotion of human sexual trafficking, promotion of child sexual trafficking, promotion of sexual trafficking of a younger child, child sexual trafficking, or carjacking (before its repeal);

Moving them from the bridge constitutes kidnapping and it is recorded if the recording is what it seems.

Just watched the People Magazine episode on this case. 2 things stood out

1) Kelsi said Libby asked her to go with them to the park and when Kelsi said ‘no’ Libby asked if she would just drop them off instead. Someone else would pick them up. Sounds like they may not have been planning to meet anyone if they initially invited her? And I believe it was mentioned KAK said he was planning to meet her that day but blocked her so maybe they still wanted to go in case he showed

2) I didn’t realize the search party found a set of shoe prints and that is what led them to the bodies. Maybe they confirmed RA shoes matched the shoe print to arrest him. I would have thought he would pitch them but I can’t relate to how a narcissistic psycho thinks!
I’ve seen a few Forensic Files episodes where criminals wear their criming shoes to the interrogation, one it was raining & LE recognized the pattern in the puddle, & another the guy put his feet up on the table! I sure hope they found this killer’s matching shoes w his DNA in them.

Last edited:

(F) Rape (IC 35-42-4-1).

FELONY MURDER LAW

It's just a murder charge and "killing during the commission of a felony" is how they arrived at the murder charge. That is cited in your source.

I'm finally getting to the bottom of this after it was misreported. There is no separate charge for felony murder in IN. It's murder and then a charging document may explain in more detail which subsection, but it's murder nonetheless.
There didn't appear to be a discrepancy in penalties either based on the subsections and that's what's important to me.

But being clear on the verbiage only matters because some people were adding extra meaning to the felony murder, like that means they are waiting on other perps and nothing in that statute says that. IMO, kidnapping is most the likely avenue for using the "murder in commission of other crimes" subsection.

It makes the most sense. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members