Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #160

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE don’t respond to tabloid gossip and would have much more pressing issues to deal with I’m sure.
I would think quelling gossip from powerful media can be considered a pressing issue IMO.

Besides, I guess DM has its own department of attorneys who are consulted when such delicate matter is published.

JMO

Plus of major importance is the new gag order. They now cannot give a response regardless of what they may want to say or deny

Good point, the gag order essentially guarantees the source for that story isn’t anyone with reliable information. Risking a contempt of court charge just to feed the DM who’s stories a lot of people take with a grain of salt, what would be the point?

“Allen County Judge Fran Gull’s order applies to attorneys, law enforcement officials, court personnel, the coroner and the girls’ family members. It bars them “from commenting on this case to the public and to the media, directly or indirectly, by themselves or through any intermediary, in any form, including any social media platforms.”

Anyone violating the order could be charged with contempt of court and face a fine or incarceration, Gull wrote.”

I would think quelling gossip from powerful media can be considered a pressing issue IMO.

Besides, I guess DM has its own department of attorneys who are consulted when such delicate matter is published.

JMO

Rarely does LE comment on rumours because it’s not their role to correct, sensor or vet the media, it’d be like herding cats. I sure hope you’re not saying everything the DM publishes must be 100% true. I do believe they have a source and that’s all that matters in the media business (freedom of the press), not that what the source is telling them is factual because a department of their attorneys most certainly wouldn’t have access to Delphi investigative files.

See “Successful Lawsuits against the Mail”

JMO

JMO

There is a gag order as well. It’s gossip as you just rightly said. It’s not of no importance in the grand scheme of things. LE have their man in custody!

Rarely does LE comment on rumours because it’s not their role to correct, sensor or vet the media, it’d be like herding cats. I sure hope you’re not saying everything the DM publishes must be 100% true. I do believe they have a source and that’s all that matters in the media business (freedom of the press), not that what the source is telling them is factual because a department of their attorneys most certainly wouldn’t have access to Delphi investigative files.

JMO
So...
Do you mean DM or any other media can write whatever pops in their minds with no consequences?

Then why to hire lawyers and pay their salaries if they cannot caution the publisher?

So...
Do you mean DM or any other media can write whatever pops in their minds with no consequences?

Then why to hire lawyers and pay their salaries if they cannot caution the publisher?

RL is dead and KK is a pedo so who exactly is going to take offense and hire a lawyer to defend their reputation?

ETA-
This is not the Daily Mail slandering the royal family here.

This assumes that you need craft and stealth to avoid LE...

No shortage of clues and lines of enquiry in this case - a small town with a finite population that fit the description of the perp; a decent amount of eye witnesses confirming the same suspect; only a handful of people in the area of the crime; an unusual crime scene; video and audio of the suspect and assumed perp; time stamp info; CCTV nearby etc etc.

I'm sorry, I don't believe that the perp(s) need to be geniuses to avoid being brought to justice. This is a failure of LE to put the available evidence together and conduct a solid investigation.
With all the eyes that have been all over this case from day 1, I find it incredibly difficult to believe that IF all three men were involved, not a single LE officer or agent, have been able to tie that together in almost 6 years. No one, but this mysterious unnamed DM source, that is. My how handy for that person, especially if they can somehow benefit from it, like it maybe they wrote a book about it, or something.

Probably just a huge coincidence though. :rolleyes:

Sure I know, folks have their opinions of bumbling LE along the lines of Barney Fife or the Keystone Cops (or worse) but that's one heck of a large brush to paint ALL of them with.

jmo

RL is dead and KK is a pedo so who exactly is going to take offense and hire a lawyer to defend their reputation?
I meant a publisher (DM).

By the way, DM leaves me cold as I do not live in English speaking country.

We have our own tabloids and they are slapped with expensive civil suits when publishing rubbish so they are catious, and although sensational, there is usually a grain of truth in their stories.

JMO

Let’s not forget this story was obviously offered around and only the DM took it. Murder Sheet has said they looked into and refused to run the story as there simply was no proof to back their wild claims. So who knows who else rejected it before it reached the Daily Fail.

With all the eyes that have been all over this case from day 1, I find it incredibly difficult to believe that IF all three men were involved, not a single LE officer or agent, have been able to tie that together in almost 6 years. No one, but this mysterious unnamed DM source, that is. My how handy for that person, especially if they can somehow benefit from it, like it maybe they wrote a book about it, or something.

Probably just a huge coincidence though. :rolleyes:

Sure I know, folks have their opinions of bumbling LE along the lines of Barney Fife or the Keystone Cops (or worse) but that's one heck of a large brush to paint ALL of them with.

jmo
Yes, that DM article takes the top three players and ties the whole case up with a nice little bow. It's too clean. And it only accounts for evidence we think we know, not the plethora of evidence LE actually has and has never released. They could be looking at other people who we have never even heard of. If RA, KAK, and RL were the "tentacles" DC has talked about, then it really doesn't seem like a "very complex" case to me. JMO.

So...

No the writer doesn’t write what pops into their head, they write whatever their source discloses. But reputable MSM are wise enough to realize viewers/readership is dependant on the reliability and quality of these sources and smart enough to know an outsider can’t have inside information. If an MSM story doesn’t disclose the name of their source one must always wonder why that would be, how can that even be considered “news”? If we knew who was behind this recent story - if it was for example C Todd who wrote the 91 page book that became outdated the moment RA was arrested - would that make a difference in the article‘s credibility? It sure would IMO. At one time DM paid their sources for their stories, although I don’t know if this is still true.

That's the thing though there's nothing crafty or stealth about this. It's sheer luck that RA's statement was misfiled or what have you. Nothing crafty about placing yourself at the scene and within the same timeframe as the murders. IMO.
My point was, it's hard enough for 1 person to conceal a crime they've committed (alibis, fingerprints, hair, fibers, DNA, etc.) but if you're talking about 3 different people all involved in the same crime, the odds go up significantly that at least one of them is going to be the weak link or to have made some sort of mistake that exposes all 3.

And, if it turns out all 3 were actually involved and it really did take nearly 6 years to figure that out, well... that'd sure be a monumental case of LE incompetence.

jmo

No the writer doesn’t write what pops into their head, they write whatever their source discloses. But reputable MSM are wise enough to realize viewers/readership is dependant on the reliability and quality of these sources and smart enough to know an outsider can’t have inside information. If an MSM story doesn’t disclose the name of their source one must always wonder why that would be, how can that even be considered “news”? If we knew who was behind this recent story - if it was for example C Todd who wrote the 91 page book that became outdated the moment RA was arrested - would that make a difference in the article‘s credibility? It sure would IMO. At one time DM paid their sources for their stories, although I don’t know if this is still true.
Do Police disclose the names of their informants/sources?

My point was, it's hard enough for 1 person to conceal a crime they've committed (alibis, fingerprints, hair, fibers, DNA, etc.) but if you're talking about 3 different people all involved in the same crime, the odds go up significantly that at least one of them is going to be the weak link or to have made some sort of mistake that exposes all 3.

And, if it turns out all 3 were actually involved and it really did take nearly 6 years to figure that out, well... that'd sure be a monumental case of LE incompetence.

jmo

Yeah also … if DM story is true, RL took by far the greatest risk of all the players by offering to host this sure-to-be notorious crime - with all its DNA & other evidence - on his own adjacent property.

And for what?? DM story doesn’t even allege any role for RL beyond hosting - it says the girls would be taken to RL’s property, where RA & KK would assault them.

If RL wanted to participate in this horrible evil event for some reason, why would he choose a role that created so much legal exposure & simultaneously so little ‘reward’?
IDK … JMO

Do Police disclose the names of their informants/sources?

Not sure if you’re referring to tips or not but if so anyone with knowledge of criminality would testify during a trial so yes, their name would be disclosed then, unless a judge issued a publication ban for some reason, generally safety related.

Since my opinion has absolutely no bearing on this case, I am willing to say that I'm totally convinced that the guy on the bridge in L's video is RA, wearing his same brown beanie that is seen in other videos of RA. By his own admission he was at the park from around 1:30 to 3:30 PM, yet was not seen by anyone else who was on the trail after 2:13 PM. I'm comfortable speculating then that RA kidnapped them at the south end of the bridge and later killed them. I will be truly shocked if there was anyone else present on the scene during the murders that day.

However, considering the online behaviors and connections known to have occurred through at least one of the victims prior to the murders, and statements made by LE and NMcL in regards to others possibly being involved, I'm very open to the possibility that RA, while acting alone in the woods that afternoon, perhaps shared in some of these online behaviors and connections. That is much more believable to me than anyone being involved in "real life." JMO.

Yeah also … if DM story is true, RL took by far the greatest risk of all the players by offering to host this sure-to-be notorious crime - with all its DNA & other evidence - on his own adjacent property.

And for what?? DM story doesn’t even allege any role for RL beyond hosting - it says the girls would be taken to RL’s property, where RA & KK would assault them.

If RL wanted to participate in this horrible evil event for some reason, why would he choose a role that created so much legal exposure & simultaneously so little ‘reward’?
IDK … JMO

And if RL knew in advance this assault was planned at his home, why wouldn’t he be sure he wasn’t around to remove himself from any suspicion, rather than having to fabricate a false alibi considering the alleged plan didn’t work out?

Not sure if you’re referring to tips or not but if so anyone with knowledge of criminality would testify during a trial so yes, their name would be disclosed then, unless a judge issued a publication ban for some reason, generally safety related.
So the name of the source for DM might be known NOW to Police/authorities and not to the general public.

Who knows?

Media usually hide their sources in delicate matters.
For security reasons.
But Police/authorities know.

I thought it was a well known fact.

JMO

So the name of the source for DM might be known NOW to Police/authorities and not to the general public.

Who knows?

Media usually hide their sources in delicate matters.
For security reasons.
But Police/authorities know.

I thought it was a well known fact.

JMO

Because of Freedom of the Press, I believe LE would have to obtain a court order in order to obtain DMs source for this story. But they’d have no reason to do so unless the story was true, thus the source violated the Judge’s gag order. On the other hand if the story is 100% hogwash, then LE has no reason to be concerned about the identity of the source since obviously no violation of the gag occurred. JMO

Because of Freedom of the Press, I believe LE would have to obtain a court order to obtain DMs source. But they’d have no reason to do so unless DMs story was true and thus the source potentially violated the gag order. If the story is known to be 100% hogwash, then LE has no reason to be concerned about the identity of the source since no violation occurred. JMO

OK I give up :)
Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads