Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #162

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you watch the video of BG on the bridge very closely you can see two white soles on shoes behind BG's left foot. Abby had on black canvas high tops with white soles in the picture Libby took of her on the bridge. They are only there for a split second. It is not visible on every youtube video. I think it depends on the speed of the video. Is there something LE is not telling us?

Just my opinion, I don’t think it’s Abby’s shoes. It doesn’t make a lot of sense that she’d take off her shoes to walk the splintered bridge. In all the photos the rail and ties have areas exhibiting varying amounts of whitish sun bleach of the old wood and we also know the video was lacking in precise clarity because of the various grainy white blotches of the image of the man.

Attachments

• 1676699217679.png
    1676699217679.png
    546.9 KB · Views: 53
If you watch the video of BG on the bridge very closely you can see two white soles on shoes behind BG's left foot. Abby had on black canvas high tops with white soles in the picture Libby took of her on the bridge. They are only there for a split second. It is not visible on every youtube video. I think it depends on the speed of the video. Is there something LE is not telling us?
When I viewed the video long ago, I saw only dark/black shoes with dark/black soles, the shoes with a light/white stripe on the side and on top of it.

Unless that testimony came from somebody like KAK, who could say the sky is blue and still no one would believe him.
Yes, that could be a challenge. But testimony from a witness that was involved may have been the “one tip” they needed to open the door for the FBI to connect the dots. They may have uncovered digital evidence that links RA to KAK, or to another person or group of predators. Recalling that Yubo / Yellow was connected to the anthony_shots account, which Libby had contact with. We don’t yet know if that will play into evidence against RA. It may be a connection. Or maybe there’s no connection at all.

But RA’s defense team would surely want to know if there is a witness or accomplice in evidence, given prosecution has stated they believe others were involved.

Carter did say that at the 2019 PC.
He went on to say he believed someone else knew. I felt like these comments were directed towards BG’s wife, daughter, mother…

[Speaking] Directly to the Killer, who may be in this room: We believe you were hiding in plain sight. For more than 2 years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy. But we have. We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know. And one day, you will. A question to you: What will those closest to you think of you when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls? Two children! Only a coward would do such a thing. We are confident that you have told someone what you have done, or at the very least they know because of how different you are since the murders.

And he said it again to Good Morning America in May 2019

Authorities have not released information about how the girls died, but Carter said he believes the killer is hiding within the close-knit Delphi community. He said someone knows who the killer is but is afraid to come forward.

“If somebody knows something, they need to tell us. I think they’re afraid too,” he said. “Somebody knows who that person is.”
(…)
“Somebody that commits a horrific crime like this against two little girls probably has shown signs of violence in the past … he didn’t just all of a sudden decide to do this one day,” Carter said.

He said it could be a family member, friend or some other person “that knows something happened after that day” and noticed a change in the suspect.

MOO that 2019 PC.
-Told somebody what they wanted to hear.
-it was an honest mistake.
-Could be in this room or nearby.

Sounds like by 2019 the CO had been talked to and Carter knew a suspect had met the CO at the grocery store nearby, but the notes were lost.
MOO the grocery store was the Save-a-Lot by the CVS, which is right by the Conference Center they held the PC in.
Maybe the CO knew more than was in the notes, like that the man he interviewed said he had a wife. but didn’t remember his name or number.
But the new suspect sketch, still seems so strange. Maybe RA was clean shaven when he met the CO, but the age is a puzzle.

When Attorney Shay Hughes told MS that both sides had a lot of work to do, I thought he was saying that in a way to avoid sounding biased. Knowing they have had the evidence for so long, have had 3 1/2 months to work on the RA stuff and Carter saying all they needed was a name, I believed that the prosecution had their ducks pretty much in a row.

In the council meeting, McL said this (clarification = below is part of the transcript and it's treading water, not trading):
27:36 mm
"but you haven't known that's the problem we are this the case and again I want to
be very careful about talking about the particulars of the case we have a lot of work to do right now
that is very very very time sensitive and I have got a skeleton crew here because
I've got everybody at the center working on the case that I can afford to pull away from here
um I need more people uh we're we're just we're drowning right now and so yeah I'm
really I need the person hired last week we're trading water
but that's the other
problem I don't have six months to try to you know go on indeed or advertise:
28:20 mm

Last edited:

The defense's reason for the delay in the bond hearing is that they have not received all the evidence in discovery, and Allen's attorneys will need time to go through it once everything is turned over to the defense team.

"There's no way practical to have a bond hearing without offering up the discovery," said Brad Rozzi, one of Allen's attorneys, who also noted that they continue to receive discovery documents from the prosecutor.

Defense indicated they planned to begin depositions of witnesses started in April and May, but they won't be ready for trial for months after that.

The Oct. 28 motion (by McL to seal PCA) should be available for public inspection at mycase.in.gov after Gull signs the order.

I know it's The Sun, but I'm posting because the Jorden Sopher case has been mentioned in this thread before.

Eerie link between missing teen found dead & Delphi suspect looked into by cops

A spokesperson for WCPD told The U.S. Sun they have looked into any potential links between Allen and the death of Jorden but they do not currently suspect the 50-year-old had any involvement.

"It was something that was brought to our attention, and it's something we looked into, but we don't think there's a connection at this time," said the spokesperson

Last edited:
I know it's The Sun, but I'm posting because the Jorden Sopher case has been mentioned in this thread before.

A spokesperson for WCPD told The U.S. Sun they have looked into any potential links between Allen and the death of Jorden but they do not currently suspect the 50-year-old had any involvement.

"It was something that was brought to our attention, and it's something we looked into, but we don't think there's a connection at this time," said the spokesperson
Very interesting. When I saw Jorden's pic my first thought was she looked a bit like Libby. Not a lot, but enough. And Wabash sure isn't very far from Peru or Delphi. I'll definitely have to look into Jorden's case. Thanks for posting.

The defense's reason for the delay in the bond hearing is that they have not received all the evidence in discovery, and Allen's attorneys will need time to go through it once everything is turned over to the defense team.

"There's no way practical to have a bond hearing without offering up the discovery," said Brad Rozzi, one of Allen's attorneys, who also noted that they continue to receive discovery documents from the prosecutor.

Defense indicated they planned to begin depositions of witnesses started in April and May, but they won't be ready for trial for months after that.

The Oct. 28 motion (by McL to seal PCA) should be available for public inspection at mycase.in.gov after Gull signs the order.

While that it is valid reason, it is certainly a choice to leave your innocent client rotting in jail for 6 months before having a bail hearing. Reading between the lines, I don't think they fancy their chances in an expedited hearing

While that it is valid reason, it is certainly a choice to leave your innocent client rotting in jail for 6 months before having a bail hearing. Reading between the lines, I don't think they fancy their chances in an expedited hearing
I was surprised that he even asked for one; IMO chances are nil with 2 murder charges hanging over RA's head.

Indiana has bond guidelines but I can't make rhyme or reason of how the judges decide. I've seen an F2 with a $5 million bond and another F1 (attempted murder) with a $20,000 cash bond. Then, there's KAK with his $265,000 bond for his F4's and under.

The F2 was important to the prosecution, so they were making sure he didn't leave the country.

I was surprised that he even asked for one; IMO chances are nil with 2 murder charges hanging over RA's head.

Respectfully snipped by me...I am not a lawyer so I can't say whether it's true or not true, but I saw some lawyers opining (perhaps on Murder Sheet) that asking for a bond hearing was not about the likelihood of actually getting bond at all, but more about strategy connected to the timing of receiving discovery (a bond hearing would ensure the defense got more of the discovery to work on, quicker). Again - total speculation but food for thought.

Respectfully snipped by me...I am not a lawyer so I can't say whether it's true or not true, but I saw some lawyers opining (perhaps on Murder Sheet) that asking for a bond hearing was not about the likelihood of actually getting bond at all, but more about strategy connected to the timing of receiving discovery (a bond hearing would ensure the defense got more of the discovery to work on, quicker). Again - total speculation but food for thought.

I was wondering that. Seeing as there does not appear to be any prelim scheduled, is the bail hearing used as a trial run at the evidence? In my jurisdictions these hearings happen fairly early on so I am not particularly convinced that discovery can be the whole reason here - indeed discovery will continue until close to trial.

I was wondering that. Seeing as there does not appear to be any prelim scheduled, is the bail hearing used as a trial run at the evidence? In my jurisdictions these hearings happen fairly early on so I am not particularly convinced that discovery can be the whole reason here - indeed discovery will continue until close to trial.

Your suggestion here may be closer to the truth. In any case, right now I find myself agreeing with the lawyers who've suggested this is less about bail itself and more about strategy.

Uncanny how Jorden Sopher resembles Liberty German! See linked article for photos.

Last edited:
When I viewed the video long ago, I saw only dark/black shoes with dark/black soles, the shoes with a light/white stripe on the side and on top of it.
The picture of Abby that Libby took on the Monon High bridge shows she had black high tops with white soles and white shoe laces. Are you talking about BG's shoes. Look around some other videos. The two white soles are only there for a split second. These white objects shouldn't be there as part of the bridge. <modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member