IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks more to me like she left the house with only the clothes on her back. I'd think if she gave the cat away she likely would have given the open bag of food as well. Most ads I see giving away cats include toys and food. Even if she gave the cat away you'd think she'd have picked up the bowl of food off the floor before leaving the house and (apparently, it seems) never returning again. Everything in that house looks like the occupants passed with everything as it was before their passing. All MOO
I was thinking maybe a cat(s) still reside there perhaps? The grass looks cut in the photos, so maybe a neighbor or someone has been checking up on the place from time to time? It does look like she probably left in a rush. The China cabinet in the living room appears empty...makes me wonder what was in there previously.

JMO

No
I’m wondering if foot prints made by RA may not have been collected since they were so small LE may have assumed they were made by other teens.
No one knew who the killer was when the girls were first discovered. They'd have worked the crime scene from the perimeter inwards marking, photgraphing and collecting evidene as they went. As they didn't have any idea who had comitted the crime at that point in time (it could have been teens for all they knew), I am certain they'd have collected impressons of all footwear impressions in the crime scene area for evidence's sake. They'd have come accross the cellphone only once the girls were moved ... and probably took them a couple of days to gain access to it to obtain BG footage --- giving them a suspect.

I wonder if she was in fear of her safety? I can definitely see that happening, not to mention the media swarm.

If my husband was arrested for the murder of 2 teenagers in one of the most high profile cases in IN, I would have snuck out with what I could carry and jam in a suitcase and my precious kitty.

MOO
Yeah, I can see her fearing for her safety, and also her privacy, under the circumstances. I feel very badly for her as she is innocent in this matter. He not only murdered 2 sweet young girls that had their whole lives ahead of them, but also put his family though a living hell. All for what purpose?? Self-satisfaction? Money? Just because he got bored "watching the fish"? It's bad enough that some people have awful urges, but they should use restraint and not act on them! All MOO!!!

Yeah, I can see her fearing for her safety, and also her privacy, under the circumstances. I feel very badly for her as she is innocent in this matter. He not only murdered 2 sweet young girls that had their whole lives ahead of them, but also put his family though a living hell. All for what purpose?? Self-satisfaction? Money? Just because he got bored "watching the fish"? It's bad enough that some people have awful urges, but they should use restraint and not act on them! All MOO!!!

Based on DC's statement back in 2019..."we know this is about power for you"...I am going to guess that the profile says that the person who commit the crime is motivated by control and domination and is a Power/Control type killer. MOO, I think kids were chosen because they are easier to manipulate and control than an adult is. Had the killer been confident he could overpower and control an adult, perhaps he would have gone after an adult victim. Even a smaller adult could pose unwanted surprises for the killer though...it would not be out of the ordinary for an adult out in the woods in Indiana to be carrying a concealed weapon with them for personal protection.

If he is guilty, I imagine his family will go through the stages of grief...grief over the loss of a relationship/life that wasn't real...and the loss of a person who didn't exist, but still walks this earth. I'm not sure how one would even begin to deal with that deep of a betrayal.

JMO

No

No one knew who the killer was when the girls were first discovered. They'd have worked the crime scene from the perimeter inwards marking, photgraphing and collecting evidene as they went. As they didn't have any idea who had comitted the crime at that point in time (it could have been teens for all they knew), I am certain they'd have collected impressons of all footwear impressions in the crime scene area for evidence's sake. They'd have come accross the cellphone only once the girls were moved ... and probably took them a couple of days to gain access to it to obtain BG footage --- giving them a suspect.
The first image of BG was published 2/15/17 at Appx. 5pm.

IIRC It was an appeal for the hiker in the "trail cam" photo to come forward as they had spoken to everyone else on the trail.

IIRC It was an appeal for the hiker in the "trail cam" photo to come forward as they had spoken to everyone else on the trail.

OK - that was quick. Still they would have completed collecting/photographing the crime scene evidence such as footwear impressions (if any) though before they'd have moved her and discovered the phone under her remains IMO.

How did RA manage, not to have to admit being the man on the bridge and the man on Libby's video, when he spoke with the CO???

OK - that was quick. Still they would have completed collecting/photographing the crime scene evidence such as footwear impressions (if any) though before they'd have moved her and discovered the phone under her remains IMO.
Yes. The scene itself and as surroundings were searched a long time.
MOO A blood hound search might have led the police to Allen's door.

I'm really curious about RA's phone activity before, during, and after the murders. He claimed to be watching a stock ticker on the trail beforehand, and LE really used that statement of phone use to their advantage in the search warrant. TLi included this:

SW.png
SW2.png

This is the second time we've seen it mentioned that in many murder cases (first mention was the RL affidavit), the evidence of the crime can include photos/videos of the CS. I understand that location data can be useful, of course, but TLi collected all his electonics. I think this is commonplace, but I keep being reminded of the FBI agent in the RL affidavit mentioning that in this type of crime, the criminals often would take photos to memorialize. This just seems like more than a rage crime, then. JMO.

I'm really curious about RA's phone activity before, during, and after the murders. He claimed to be watching a stock ticker on the trail beforehand, and LE really used that statement of phone use to their advantage in the search warrant. TLi included this:

View attachment 433366
View attachment 433367

This is the second time we've seen it mentioned that in many murder cases (first mention was the RL affidavit), the evidence of the crime can include photos/videos of the CS. I understand that location data can be useful, of course, but TLi collected all his electonics. I think this is commonplace, but I keep being reminded of the FBI agent in the RL affidavit mentioning that in this type of crime, the criminals often would take photos to memorialize. This just seems like more than a rage crime, then. JMO.

sexual rage mOO

View attachment 433366
View attachment 433367

I don't for a second think RA was a holy family man on Feb 12 and again on Feb 14 with just a weird one-off sudden, unexplainanle, outrageous, especially heinous pair of violent murders in between. It makes more sense to me that he had a double life before, during and after.

I won't be surprised to learn that there's a stock market app that conceals a darker app. Access point. Portal to the netherworld, like cheating spouses who have hidden dating apps, buried under sports apps, just far more insipid.

One way that liars get away for so long with lying is the kernel of truth that contain in the lie. Yes, I was on my phone, in case anybody saw that. Yes, I was on an app, tracking. I'm just not gonna say what I was really tracking. Acting like he has nothing to hide that he has everything to hide.

I believe he was tracking Abby or Libby in real time, via his stock app, and I think he was tracking pedestrian traffic in person. Three girls, heading toward the exit. The walker, he hadn't expected her IMO. I'm not sure he ever saw her, legit. Had she not turned around, she may well have ended up in the river below, depending on just how committed he was to his mission and that day.

IMO he had every intention of corralling those girls on that day, off the endside of the bridge, walking them swiftly away from the bridge to avoid attention and discovery, and I still maintain he may have intended to march them to a waiting vehicle to remove them from the vicinity altogether.

If others are involved/connected, I see KAK selling the locations/tracker access and a cohort of underbellies plotting a two-or three- or more-way exchange. Collect the "commodities", relocate them, share filming rights.... sick business deal.

Computers and thumb drives will be something. I don't think RA ate the pages that were just released. I think he ate the ones that reveal him for what he truly is.

JMO

I don't for a second think RA was a holy family man on Feb 12 and again on Feb 14 with just a weird one-off sudden, unexplainanle, outrageous, especially heinous pair of violent murders in between. It makes more sense to me that he had a double life before, during and after.

I won't be surprised to learn that there's a stock market app that conceals a darker app. Access point. Portal to the netherworld, like cheating spouses who have hidden dating apps, buried under sports apps, just far more insipid.

One way that liars get away for so long with lying is the kernel of truth that contain in the lie. Yes, I was on my phone, in case anybody saw that. Yes, I was on an app, tracking. I'm just not gonna say what I was really tracking. Acting like he has nothing to hide that he has everything to hide.

I believe he was tracking Abby or Libby in real time, via his stock app, and I think he was tracking pedestrian traffic in person. Three girls, heading toward the exit. The walker, he hadn't expected her IMO. I'm not sure he ever saw her, legit. Had she not turned around, she may well have ended up in the river below, depending on just how committed he was to his mission and that day.

IMO he had every intention of corralling those girls on that day, off the endside of the bridge, walking them swiftly away from the bridge to avoid attention and discovery, and I still maintain he may have intended to march them to a waiting vehicle to remove them from the vicinity altogether.

If others are involved/connected, I see KAK selling the locations/tracker access and a cohort of underbellies plotting a two-or three- or more-way exchange. Collect the "commodities", relocate them, share filming rights.... sick business deal.

Computers and thumb drives will be something. I don't think RA ate the pages that were just released. I think he ate the ones that reveal him for what he truly is.

JMO
That's the thing. With these now unsealed documents, all we really see is that RA gave enough in his own statement to the CO to warrant another interview with LE and a search of his home. What they collected from the home was more or less related to what he already admitted to having on him (blue jacket, head covering, jeans, boots, and his phone), weapons he admitted to owning, and swabs from the vehicle he admitted to driving there that day.

The witnesses were all shown a photo of the man on the bridge (not photos of RA), and they all agreed this was who they saw. There was really nothing earth-shattering, imo. The RL affidavit was more interesting to me, because it gave some possible insight about the CS: animal hair, fiber evidence, digital data, taking trophies, blood loss on scene, moving and staging, etc.

If we apply what was in the RL affidavit to RA, it makes me wonder if there is more to it than what we see strictly in the RA documents. I don't mean that RL was involved (I don't think he was), but just the information we could gather from the affidavit had to be included for a reason, so how might it apply now, to RA?

And I'll admit, I'm still curious if KAK knew anything about the murders, either before or after the fact... It bothers me endlessly that the names were not redacted in these released documents. When MS first put out the 2020 KAK interview, there was a last name (related to the ski mask incident), that they missed redacting, but quickly fixed. That last name is the same as one of the last names in the RA arrest affidavit (not a witness). KAK was wading around in the same pond as some of these girls in Delphi, of that I have no doubt. Probably unrelated, but one of the juvenile witnesses was interviewed, according to the SW PCA, in 2020. Makes me wonder if they went back to her for a reason related to KAK's arrest. Just random questions.

Last edited:

JMO
I have also thought there was a waiting car but the plan didn't work out, maybe because the girls ran across the creek? I can't understand RA not flipping on a partner, though. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14