IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #164

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling bad for RA's wife and adult daughter right now. He hasn't spoken to anyone by phone since his admission to wife on 4/3/23. I can't imagine how shocked Kathy was to hear him admitting to the murders, after all this time. I'd probably have promptly hung up too. Talk about an earth shattering call.

I know it was figured but is this the first official confirmation that a knife was the murder weapon?

1. That Investigators believed a firearm was involved in the abduction and murder of
    Abigail Williams and Liberty German because an unspent .40 caliber round was found

between the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

l3. That Investigators believed a knife was used in the murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

I’m having trouble downloading it onto my phone. I don’t use a laptop. Is there any way of seeing the documents without needing a laptop/desktop?
I’m not helpful because I’m in the same boat with you, but I tried it on desktop & it seems that I need a google account to open them. I don’t have one and don’t want one, so I have to wait for everything to come out on here, I suppose.

Feeling bad for RA's wife and adult daughter right now. He hasn't spoken to anyone by phone since his admission to wife on 4/3/23. I can't imagine how shocked Kathy was to hear him admitting to the murders, after all this time. I'd probably have promptly hung up too. Talk about an earth shattering call.

Yet in Court recently was his wife not supporting him?

I’m having trouble downloading it onto my phone. I don’t use a laptop. Is there any way of seeing the documents without needing a laptop/desktop?

You can view them directly on this page (wrtv).
Just one so far. I had problems downloading them too and I'm on a laptop.

From the doc file, so it seems the defense Emergency Motion was a direct result of RA’s confessions to his wife. The Judge has also ordered RA’s mental health evaluations to be provided to his defense team so if there is nothing there I am convinced this case will be resolved through a plea deal, long before any future trial occurs, as there’s really no other option.

1687980242659.jpeg

In that motion a further explanation into Allen's "admissions of guilt" is found.

The motion states:

"On April 3, 2023, Richard M Allen made a phone call to his wife Kathy Allen. In that phone call, Richard M Allen admits several times that he killed Abby and Libby. Investigators had the phone call transcribed and the transcription confirms that Richard M Allen admits that he committed the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German. He admits several times within the phone call that he committed the offenses (sic) as charged. His wife, Kathy Allen, ends the phone call abruptly."

The document continues:
"Richard M Allen was wetting down and paperwork he had gotten from his attorneys and eating it, he was refusing to eat and refusing to sleep. He would go days of refusing to sleep. He further broke the tablet that he used for text messages and phone calls. He went from making up to two phone calls a day as of April 3, 2023 to not making any phone calls at all.”

That motion can be viewed directly below this line:

All documents released on June 28 will soon be available below.

WRTV is currently reading through the documents. This story will be updated.

Wait, what was their COD?

They believe a knife was used -- see dox linked just above #292:
  1. That Investigators believed a firearm was involved in the abduction and murder of
    Abigail Williams and Liberty German because an unspent .40 caliber round was found

between the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

l3. That Investigators believed a knife was used in the murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member