IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #168

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So are his lawyers just incompetent or is this all part of the RA clown show.

I hope RA just pleads guilty at this stage and gives the family some light at the end of this tunnel.

This whole case from beginning to now is just a huge $#^@ Show.

You can't make this stuff up:

1) A murder of 2 teenage girls where one of the victims ends up filming their murderer.
2) 50,000 tips and a national audience with the suspect actually coming forward himself saying he was on the trails that day.... However, the tip gets lost in the shuffle for over 5 years.
3) One of the girls gets cat fished on the same day by another man that ends up not being involved in their murders.
4) The suspect confesses to family while in jail that he killed the girls.
5) The Defense team invents a story about the real murderers being a cult that does sacrifices.
6) Someone formerly from the defense team firm leaks crime scene photos.
7) The entire Defense resigns months before a trial date.

2:32PM​

The judge resets another court date for October 31st and dismisses the hearing.

2:31PM​

Allen is not in the courtroom and has been transported back to Carroll County. The judge is discussing a new trial date.

2:30PM​

The judge announces that Allen’s attorneys have confirmed with the court that they are withdrawing from the case.

2:29PM​

The judge has entered the courtroom and the hearing has begun.

2:15PM​

Attorneys have entered the courtroom, we appear to be close to starting.

2:02PM​

Guards are milling around outside the courtroom in our video feed. Waiting for Richard Allen to be brought into the courtroom. We’re told the judge will enter 10 minutes later and start the proceeding.

LIVE BLOG: Delphi murders suspect hearing as it happens

Updated: Oct 19, 2023 / 02:33 PM EST

A
Breaking News on CourtTv they will be airing the short hearing at 3:00 pm EST.
Do you happen to have a link? The one I was using before it canceled is now closed. I get this now:

Video unavailable
This video has been removed by the uploader

It might be the same link when it starts, but don't want to risk it and miss out on a record-breaking (timewise) trail. lol

Thanks.

I'm actually confused as to why a judge would allow them to withdraw at this point. If it's about the breach, that seems like it would be better dealt with through sanctions?
All reports are that they quit, even though Allen wanted them to stay. I don't believe the court can force them to continue to represent them if they are adamant about quitting. That's an appellate issue for sure if a conviction is found in this trial.

Or maybe the Judge ordered them off the case based upon any findings by the investigation to the Defense leak?

moo

A

Do you happen to have a link? The one I was using before it canceled is now closed. I get this now:

Video unavailable
This video has been removed by the uploader

It might be the same link when it starts, but don't want to risk it and miss out on a record-breaking (timewise) trail. lol

Thanks.
I'm watching it streaming on CourtTV Youtube

Typical unprofessional behavior of these clown defense attorneys. I am not surprised one bit. I'm upset, but not surprised.

JMO

Agree.
They could have quit last week, not wait till the last minute.
Maybe now we can take down the circus tent and RA can get proper representation, and Libby and Abby can have their day in court…though delayed…free of manufactured drama.

Thanks Niner

"10/17/23 Update: “The attorney’s former employee had left Andrew Baldwin’s practice a few years ago & never worked on the Allen case. However, that person took pictures of the documents with a phone & then gave the images to another person, who then sent them out.”

I don't see how it's possible for a person who worked in the defense office more than one year ago to have taken pics of discovery from, at the earliest, given to the defense a year ago?

They were good friends with someone still inside the firm?

Just guessing.

On now:

Judge will reach out to PD to appoint new lawyers. Judge will still have Oct 31st. Trial date to be set since it won't be in Jan '24.

Attorneys are ordered to return all discovery to State, Judge asked them to cooperate with new successor counsel.

Three + min video - Allen has no money, so the Judge will reach out to public defenders. No trial in Jan. 2024. Judge will set a new date at a later time. Oct. 31 hearing @9:00 am ET.

Defense withdraws in Delphi murder case​

In a sudden turn of events Thursday, defense attorneys for Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen withdrew from the case, leading Special Judge Fran Gull to cancel a hearing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member