IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #168

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what happens with the Franks report for example ?

Will that ridiculous line of defense be thrown with out when new lawyers come on board? But then if his new defense team go a new route then that report is out there that everybody has seen and read so how do you undo that damage?

mooo

Can a judge prevent them from withdrawing? Wasn't Baldwin facing possible sanctions?

Well theoretically (because who knows what's happening here) I believe attorneys are meant to motion to withdraw and provide appropriate reasons and it's up to the court. If the client hasn't fired them, a defense team being granted leave to withdraw in a murder case so close to trial seems a bit extraordinary imo.

Three + min video - Allen has no money, so the Judge will reach out to public defenders. No trial in Jan. 2024. Judge will set a new date at a later time. Oct. 31 hearing @9:00 am ET.

Defense withdraws in Delphi murder case​

In a sudden turn of events Thursday, defense attorneys for Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen withdrew from the case, leading Special Judge Fran Gull to cancel a hearing.
That is not a happy judge.

I like her.

MOO

Peeking in to see that ... whaaaaaaaa?????

This all went down in chambers, hearing cancelled?

We all get a vacation now? (checks calendar)
The Judge did grant the Defense team to withdraw, she could have refused it. The talking heads keep saying that RA is "financially static" and that might have had something to do with it? RA wasn't paying for these lawyers out of his pocket was he? I thought they were court appointed.

They're still having a hearing on Oct 31st, no sunshine and umbrella drinks yet.

When it came out that the crime scene evidence leak came from connections to the defense, I pondered if it was a ploy to get taken off the case. That the evidence against RA was just so damning that they couldn't defend him. The fact that they've now quit makes me lean back to believing RA is indeed the right guy.

The Judge did grant the Defense team to withdraw, she could have refused it. The talking heads keep saying that RA is "financially static" and that might have had something to do with it? RA wasn't paying for these lawyers out of his pocket was he? I thought they were court appointed.

They're still having a hearing on Oct 31st, no sunshine and umbrella drinks yet.
Yea this is what I didn’t understand, why would RA’s financial status be applicable if the D was court appointed? I also thought she could refuse them, but then she said in the 3 min video that she had no control over it? I’m confused.

Yea this is what I didn’t understand, why would RA’s financial status be applicable if the D was court appointed? I also thought she could refuse them, but then she said in the 3 min video that she had no control over it? I’m confused.
Maybe the Defense did something and they a choice where they elected to withdraw rather than be dismissed. I took her saying she had no control 'over it' meaning what had transpired to cause the withdrawal, not her decision necessarily.

JMO

They were court appointed from the start.

He originally wanted to hire his own lawyer and then realized how much it would cost. He then sent a letter to the Judge asking to throw himself on the mercy of the court to appoint a lawyer for him.

He has no money and never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member