IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #168

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just two minors who had been killed, but if the defense's Odinist fanfiction has any grain of truth, one of those girls was unclothed. And explicit photos are sometimes censored at trial. Gannon's face and groin were both blurred for trial. They wouldn't have been in the original evidence photos taken by the medical examiner. This leak wasn't benign. For all we know, some of those pictures may never have been shown to a jury at all, ruled that way on challenge by the defense. And yet they're out in the world, circulating amongst these creeps. Makes me sick.

MOO
Indeed it does </3

Whatever your POV on this case, yesterday was a massive set back for justice all round.

No justice yet for Abby, Libby and their families; and the accused still in prison and likely for some time to come before any trial. The truth of what happened and why is still unproven.

None of this is great.

I did say a while back that if Baldwin and Rozzi were replaced for whatever reason then that might not be a bad thing in the light of the circus they helped to create which serves neither the victims nor RA as the accused. Hopefully the next appointed D will conduct a more sober and professional job of representing RA in a manner befitting the seriousness of this case.

As I've said any number of times, with my hypothetical D hat on I can see a way of defending RA in court and establishing more than reasonable doubt over the evidence presented to date, without recourse to sensationalising and other high risk tactics. YMMV etc.

(I have also hypothesised as to how I could convict RA as P with the same evidence! Hence my own doubts as to the truth and outcome of this case without further more compelling evidence, I am unwilling to declare guilt or innocence).

Looking forward to the process getting back to some semblance of normality and professional rigour.

What a whopper of a day yesterday! i Would have loved to be a fly on the wall in the judges chambers. i admit I’m a little confused and if I must admit, shocked that his wife is able to sit thru this! I would have been using his pictures as dartboards long before now.

Whatever your POV on this case, yesterday was a massive set back for justice all round.

No justice yet for Abby, Libby and their families; and the accused still in prison and likely for some time to come before any trial. The truth of what happened and why is still unproven.

None of this is great.

I did say a while back that if Baldwin and Rozzi were replaced for whatever reason then that might not be a bad thing in the light of the circus they helped to create which serves neither the victims nor RA as the accused. Hopefully the next appointed D will conduct a more sober and professional job of representing RA in a manner befitting the seriousness of this case.

As I've said any number of times, with my hypothetical D hat on I can see a way of defending RA in court and establishing more than reasonable doubt over the evidence presented to date, without recourse to sensationalising and other high risk tactics. YMMV etc.

(I have also hypothesised as to how I could convict RA as P with the same evidence! Hence my own doubts as to the truth and outcome of this case without further more compelling evidence, I am unwilling to declare guilt or innocence).

Looking forward to the process getting back to some semblance of normality and professional rigour.

A number of us here at WS recently saw the trial of Georeg Wagner IV, who, along with his parents and brother, murdered a family of 8 people over child custody. Those arrests took place in 2018. Despite delays, some due to the work of an onerous defense team, the first trial was held late last year. It ended in a guilty verdict. The next trial for the father, Billy, will take place next spring. That was 4 years from arrest to the first trial.

Justice is slow sometimes, but careful, persistent judges and prosecution teams eventually get the job done without violating the rights of the accused.

Not just two minors who had been killed, but if the defense's Odinist fanfiction has any grain of truth, one of those girls was unclothed. And explicit photos are sometimes censored at trial. Gannon's face and groin were both blurred for trial. They wouldn't have been in the original evidence photos taken by the medical examiner. This leak wasn't benign. For all we know, some of those pictures may never have been shown to a jury at all, ruled that way on challenge by the defense. And yet they're out in the world, circulating amongst these creeps. Makes me sick.

MOO
I watched the beginning of Gray Hughes' video discussing the photos (I know, I know. I made it less than 15 min) and he said that "private areas" had been blacked out in the photos he saw. I'm hopeful that was the case for all the photos that were distributed; certain parties receiving blurred versions and others not seems (hopefully) unlikely? I suppose there's no way for us to know where along the chain of people involved in the leak they were blurred, though, so uncensored versions could be out there too. Anyway pretty much the definition of small comfort, I know, but I did feel a bit relieved upon hearing him say that.

A number of us here at WS recently saw the trial of Georeg Wagner IV, who, along with his parents and brother, murdered a family of 8 people over child custody. Those arrests took place in 2018. Despite delays, some due to the work of an onerous defense team, the first trial was held late last year. It ended in a guilty verdict. The next trial for the father, Billy, will take place next spring. That was 4 years from arrest to the first trial.

Justice is slow sometimes, but careful, persistent judges and prosecution teams eventually get the job done without violating the rights of the accused.
Yes and credit to Gull's handling of this yesterday. Whatever discussions happened in chambers and whatever was in those late filings certainly tipped the plan for the hearing completely on its head.

The trial date of Jan '24 was never going to happen anyway but now I would be surprised to see D ready much before this time next year (assuming it is still goes to trial).

“Baldwin's attorney, David Hennessy, told Fox News Digital that the attorneys did not "quit" the case but "withdrew under coercive circumstances."

Could coercion include “withdraw or be sanctioned”?

I wonder what McL's witnesses, ISP, found out.
"Coercion" is problematic to me.
The judge's demeanor didn't fit with her threatening the D.
The judge asked RA's D to cooperate with the future D
MOO

In continuing to shine a light on how so called SM 'creators' who purport to be just reporting, but continue to make money and grift off the tragedy in this case - I'd certainly like an answer to who exactly popped $2000 into Mark Cohen's Go fund me before some 'creators' declared that they had received crime scene photos.

Does this answer why MC didn't just hand them over to LE without feeling the need to share them with others, which has never made sense.

I hope the scope of the LE investigation into the leak covers precisely what happened with this sensitive material from the point it was taken to the point it was handed back and reported, including following any money trails.

Of course if said creators have a mutually beneficial relationship with LE then this might potentially be 'overlooked'...

I don’t know- To the last two questions. As to the first, the judge has to be ready for the hearing. She can’t assume they will do what she wants and withdraw without an agreement.
Is it at all possible that Baldwin's attorney's letter represented what Baldwin (and Rozzi) felt about staying on the case, but RA himself wanted them replaced?

True. A judge can’t disbar an attorney like that. But a judge can file a complaint against an attorney with the state bar and that would carry a ton of weight.
Bingo. That's what I think happened in the chambers. The lawyers realized they could lose their livelihood, and certainly their reputation, and the judge gave them the opportunity to "save face" by withdrawing. IMO.

jmo

What happens with the Motion for Franks hearing as filed by the now defunct defense team? Is it also defunct and must be filed again by the new defense team? Or does it move forward?
I suspect we'll have to wait for new D counsel to be appointed to see whether the motion is going to be pursued.

J Gull said that the Oct 31 hearing was still going ahead - agenda not yet fully confirmed. I'm not sure a new D counsel will have time to get their gums around this and be able to pursue the Franks motion in that timescale but lets wait and find out.

“Baldwin's attorney, David Hennessy, told Fox News Digital that the attorneys did not "quit" the case but "withdrew under coercive circumstances."

Could coercion include “withdraw or be sanctioned”?

Once new attys are appointed and say they shift gears on defense strategy--will this not look at least a little stinky considering RA's prior defense felt "coerced" to withdraw?

RA had filed a memo with the court expressing that he wanted to retain Baldwin, so maybe not.
I might have missed that, thank you. What I saw was from Baldwin's attorney, claiming there was a bond between RA and his attorneys, etc, but I wasn't sure if that represented RA, or just Baldwin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth