IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #168

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly. he should be out of bail. pretrial detention is a huge advantage for the state.
Unless there was more than one person involved, and RA knows something. In which case, you cut him loose on bail and he is likely a dead man.

6-10 US Marshals with him when he goes to and from Westville/Court is not cheap. Someone thinks someone might possibly be inclined to take a shot at him.

JMO

My current hunch (based on nothing but a hunch) is the identity of the leaker(s) will have nothing to do with the Delphi case, but that the leakers were motivated by something else. Perhaps a personal or other grievance against the lawyers.

I am very curious about the "friend" who snookered the lawyer. Odd word, "snookered."

jmo
Is it something similar to the bomb threat to the Indiana Packers ....??

That would be pretty rare in Indiana for an accused double murderer to be out on bond.
Accused of the homicide of two children. The presumed sexual homicide of two children. There would be pitchforks and torches held by angry mobs in the streets if a person charged with such crimes was free to roam while awaiting trial. This isn't bank fraud or parking fines, this is a situation where there is a clear and present danger. Both FROM him and TO him.

MOO

I’m not a fan of the bullet / casing evidence, and they will need more than that to obtain a conviction.

Both sides will have their opportunity to present evidence in court.

We need to hear what other evidence the state has, before we can say they have no evidence that proves RA is guilty.

jmo
And his confession to committing the murders... his "confession" would need to provide something only the killer would know. moo

except, you don't know if their claims are outlandish. They haven't been heard in court. What if every claim they have made is true? You can choose to believe that can't be the case but until it is given a hearing, we don't know. The ejected casing is junk science. <modsnip> There simply is no evidence RA did it.
The defense claims, whether outlandish or accurate, haven’t been heard at court DUE TO the incompetence of RA’s legal team, IMO.

They did not follow protocols and hence the protected crime scene photos were released to the public.

For me at least, that and their lack of judicious language in their memorandum cause me to doubt the competence of their entire team. Which further makes me skeptical about their entire Odinist narrative.

Which also makes me side more with the prosecution.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
it could have been an attempt to get himself out of solitary. He isn't thinking clearly after spending time there so he wouldn't be making rational decisions. Like you said, until we hear them who knows if they are legit.
If everything is tossed out, we won’t hear the confessions.
And maybe that’s the right thing to do.

Both of these questions must be answered yes; else, toss:
Was it a voluntary confession?
Was it a valid confession?

I do not want an innocent man in prison.
Likewise, I don’t want a voluntary and valid confession tossed, and a man who has truly admitted guilt to walk.

It is a conundrum.

except, you don't know if their claims are outlandish. They haven't been heard in court. What if every claim they have made is true? You can choose to believe that can't be the case but until it is given a hearing, we don't know. The ejected casing is junk science. <modsnip> There simply is no evidence RA did it.
The prosection does not have to put everything they "have" in a PCA, just enough to get a judge to sign. The prosecution also does not need to try the case outside the courtroom first to the public, before they speak their opening statement before a jury. The prosecution was ready yesterday with witnesses to address the court.

The defense unfortunately made a mess for their client and the court. It had to be addressed and was obviously. Now the defendant needs new representation.

Nobody knows the full evidence the prosecution has yet because the trial has not started...defense shenanigans have come full circle it seems but no trial has started, no evidence has been presented to a jury. The defense keeps trying to go to trial with the public, outside the courtroom. and botched it terribly, IMO.

RA still stands accused of two heinous crimes against two children and is being held accordingly without bail. The judge still has a mess to clear away on his behalf and motions to rule on before a trial can begin.

AJMO

Last edited by a moderator:
If you take away all the current distractions, one issue I'm still curious about is if TL wrongfully omitted exculpatory information from the PCA (among other claims), and how that would have been dealt by the judge at a Frank's hearing in regards to the SW. Will the new D team pursue a Frank's hearing, as well, based on the same information?

6 + minute video. Now I know why I didn't see RA's wife & mother in the courtroom, in another video. Attorney BR gave them a heads up. The wife was able to visit with RA before the "hearing" took place.

Richard Allen attorneys announce withdrawal, leaving Delphi murders suspect without representation​

The withdrawal comes two days after Indiana State Police said they would investigate an evidence leak, allegedly at the hands of one attorney's team members.

I think RA needs to testify and he can't do that in his current condition. If his atty can get him out of the hell-hole, maybe he'll get mentally and physically healthy again.
One picture and pre-trial defense ruminations does not a condition make. The judge has all the information available and ruled he was being treated more than fair. Was she lying?

6 minute video
KG: the leaked crime scene photos were graphic and disturbing - Appeared to be authentic.

Delphi murders: Podcasters gave leaked photos to police | Banfield​

The lawyers representing a man accused in the 2017 killings of two girls in Delphi, Indiana, withdrew from the case Thursday in a move likely to further delay a potential trial. An investigation by “The Murder Sheet” podcast recently pointed to an alleged leak of sensitive crime scene evidence. Podcast hosts Kevin Greenlee and Áine Cain join "Banfield" with more details.

doesn't matter. until we hear the confession and the circumstances surrounding them, we don't know how reliable they are or if they are even credible. RA wouldn't be the first to confess to a crime he didn't commit especially after being detained in solitary confinement.

Thing is it’s not up to us to determine reliability or credibility. RA wouldn’t be the first to honestly confess guilt of committing a crime.

It will prove interesting how the upcoming new defence team proceeds. Perhaps RA has grown weary of all the drama and is willing to change his plea and accept the consequences.

Last edited:
If you take away all the current distractions, one issue I'm still curious about is if TL wrongfully omitted exculpatory information from the PCA (among other claims), and how that would have been dealt by the judge at a Frank's hearing in regards to the SW. Will the new D team pursue a Frank's hearing, as well, based on the same information?
That will be interesting, to hear how the judge rules, if new council continues in that vein.

And his confession to committing the murders... his "confession" would need to provide something only the killer would know. moo

This describes the damage caused by evidence leaks and why LE often does not reveal every piece of evidence in PCAs (just enough to warrant a search or arrest) because otherwise there becomes nothing left only the killer would know.

it could have been an attempt to get himself out of solitary. He isn't thinking clearly after spending time there so he wouldn't be making rational decisions. Like you said, until we hear them who knows if they are legit.

I think RA needs to testify and he can't do that in his current condition. If his atty can get him out of the hell-hole, maybe he'll get mentally and physically healthy again.

What lack of rational?

What condition?

Neither a issue according to his own [at the time] attorneys who are in direct contact with RA:

Allen’s attorneys wrote that they had not filed an insanity defense, nor have they requested a competency evaluation of Allen, meaning his “mental state is not at issue in the guilt/innocence phase of this proceeding.”

Delphi murder suspect’s attorneys ask judge to deny prosecution’s subpoena for medical, mental health records

In addition;

There are before and after photos in that link showing RA is more toward the lower end of average weight for a male his height.

He actually looks more in proportion weight wise to his height than his former chunky self.

RA has a very petite frame.

I'm sure it is normal and expected to lose excess weight while incarcerated.

RA is just fine.

imo

That will be interesting, to hear how the judge rules, if new council continues in that vein.

I’d be surprised. Surely RA could be defended in the traditional manner by attempting to discount the evidence considering the State must prove his guilt beyond reasonable doubt, yada yada.

The Odinist thing has grew enormous legs to the point of suggesting the defense would be putting that theory forward and presenting evidence at RA’s trial so the jury would sort of be picking between a) or b). A dual trial of sorts, but just not reality.

It’s becoming noticeable by the defense attorneys taking responsibility for the leak, albeit minimizing it, there is little or no public curiosity let alone anger toward the identity of Baldwin’s ‘friend’ who allegedly snookered him by stealing and then leaking copies of crime scene pics and future defense strategy.

If Baldwin is indeed innocent, I would expect both attorneys will be aggressively pursuing criminal charges and suing this ”M” character for data theft and for damaging their reputations. If that doesn’t occur it gives the appearance they were complicit. JMO
Even if was unintentional the photos were leaked by the defense. Baldwin's inability to maintain control of the photos is the problem here. jmo

The judge should not permit the defense to resign. I think they will now appoint a patsie to make it easier on the prosecution.

Why would she do that? Pre trial at least J Gull seems eminently sensible. She will know any weakness in the D not doing their job properly will feed any potential appellate action down the line which she won’t want. She is ambitious and likely wants to be considered for the Supreme Court. This case could make or break that.

As a number here including myself keep saying, a strong robust D makes for a stronger conviction in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1