IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #168

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if was unintentional the photos were leaked by the defense. Baldwin's inability to maintain control of the photos is the problem here. jmo

Yes I’m not saying Baldwin shouldn’t be at fault, that wasn’t my point. It’s deplorable that the discovery material was left accessible in his office. Note - that’s his story.

So it goes “M”, his friend, not only stole copies of the photos but leaked them and according to the leaked text messages that was preplanned in advance.

But now “M” gets off scot free? I don’t think that’s okay. His reputation isn’t damaged because nobody knows who he is, meanwhile only Baldwin and Rozzi face any sort of consequences. ”M” should be charged with data theft and perhaps he will be, time will tell.

As a comparable, it’s still considered robbery if someone walks into a store or home and steals stuff without breaking the door down.

Snipped

Given that "snookered" was used in Indiana, I'm going with the U.S. definition.

Interesting choice of word for the situation, imo.

jmo
that is how I am taking it as well. Why would a long time close professional associate want to trick/trap Baldwin? That is the mystery we may never see solved.

Confessing to murders used to get one convicted.
Relying on confessions used to and still does lead to inappropriate and unjust convictions.

To approach beyond reasonable doubt those confessions need to be properly tested and validated. Plus sufficient corroborating evidence.

Let’s get the right perp convicted and make it stick is all I seek. RA or otherwise a confession by itself isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

So...I think RI picked the perfect word for not only the crime scene, but the entire case. "Odd."

I'm not ready to convict RA yet, myself, but I'm also not comfortable relying on there being incompetency on EVERY level of the investigation/case. I can't help but see RA as the common thread throughout a lot of the "odd" happenings here.

First of all, DD put RA's name into the database incorrectly. Was that a mistake on DD's part, or was RA odd acting and hard to follow while giving his name/address? Remember it was suggested that this tip was maybe "unfounded"?

We have the D claiming that RA was being treated like a POW. Was that the D being scandalous and trying to hide the fact that RA confessed, or was RA eating his paperwork, talking nonsense, and behaving oddly, giving the D cause to blame it on his treatment at Westville?

Then there's the Odinist stuff. Was that all the D's idea, or did RA get any say in what line the D would follow in his defense? (Sorry, I'll never be the same after sitting through the Mollie Tibbetts trial).

Now, we have this stuff going on with the D strongly trying to stay on as RA's attorneys, only to suddenly and unexpectedly "withdraw out of coercive circumstances." Was that the judge threatening them with sanctions and cameras in the courtroom, or did RA have a say in the matter? How was he behaving yesterday?

I'm genuinely NOT trying to blame all the twists and turns in this case on RA. For all I know, he is innocent on all counts and is living a nightmare. But, IF he is the killer of those girls, then perhaps he left an odd crime scene because he, himself, is odd, and this has been coming out in ways unknown to us. We really don't know anything about the man. All JMO.

One picture and pre-trial defense ruminations does not a condition make. The judge has all the information available and ruled he was being treated more than fair. Was she lying?
I haven't seen any indication that the judge visited the prison to see what his conditions are/were.
She based her decision on what the warden and his guards said.
I don't believe she was lying but she could have been misinformed.

We often hear how prisoners make false claims about their treatment and conditions. We also hear attys with clients inside prisons confirm that many of those claims are true. Here's an easy way to decide for yourself as what the claims are and if they have enough validity to pass to the next step.

I looked at Westville because it's the one of interest here but you can probably search any prison.
I'm appalled that some of the treatments described are considered OK within prison system. By some of the standards, I'd guess that RA isn't being treated worse than the other Westville inmates.

Click: Recap Archives
Type the name of the warden
Click on a case and read the Opinion

The judge should not permit the defense to resign. I think they will now appoint a patsie to make it easier on the prosecution.
The judge didn't have to address the resignation at yesterdays hearing she could have continued it. Either way, I don't think she had a choice after the leaked photos.

IMO the defense was clearly ineffective in this case. Not only with the lack of control over the leaked photos, but imo the Odinism filing was shady and it seems as if it was somewhat of a leak on it's own. In addition, the DA cited Illinois cases in their filings instead of Indiana cases. The judge told the DA to stop, but they continued to do so.

The DA appeared to be in over their heads with this case.
jmo

Even if was unintentional the photos were leaked by the defense. Baldwin's inability to maintain control of the photos is the problem here. jmo
"leaked?", "improperly stored?", "left in a briefcase at the train station?" "disgruntled co-worker?" As I have always stated, "Incompetence is the time honored weapon of sabotage."
All the work, prep, time, documents, interviews, etc will be for naught...with one exception. The former defense will be sure to collect their fees.
(I pray this is not dtrimental to the efforts of law enforcement and prosecutor's work.)

Heck yes #RichardAllen's defense team did Not want to withdraw. This was made clear by the fact they offered remedies to the court. This was a case of them having no other choice but to withdraw leaving RA without counsel and in solitary confinement at a Maximim Security Prison yet convicted of no crime... His attorneys were some of the best in state. Who will RA be left with? Will he survive Maximum Security Confinement with, I am sure now, little hope? Did you see his wife? She was in tears. She realizes the gravity of the situation. You don't just snap you fingers and appoint counel. The attorney must be qualified and capable of taking the case based on his court obligations. Maybe a heavy hitter will step in? This case weighs heavy on me. The evidence is not strong and the allegations of police incompetence and possible LE coverup is concerning.

Relying on confessions used to and still does lead to inappropriate and unjust convictions.

To approach beyond reasonable doubt those confessions need to be properly tested and validated. Plus sufficient corroborating evidence.

Let’s get the right perp convicted and make it stick is all I seek. RA or otherwise a confession by itself isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

The post I replied to suggested RA (falsely?) confessed so he could be removed from solitary confinement. That’s a one up from evil Odinist guards made him do it.

What lack of rational?

What condition?

Neither a issue according to his own [at the time] attorneys who are in direct contact with RA:

Allen’s attorneys wrote that they had not filed an insanity defense, nor have they requested a competency evaluation of Allen, meaning his “mental state is not at issue in the guilt/innocence phase of this proceeding.”

Delphi murder suspect’s attorneys ask judge to deny prosecution’s subpoena for medical, mental health records

In addition;

There are before and after photos in that link showing RA is more toward the lower end of average weight for a male his height.

He actually looks more in proportion weight wise to his height than his former chunky self.

RA has a very petite frame.

I'm sure it is normal and expected to lose excess weight while incarcerated.

RA is just fine.

imo
I'm sorry but your last sentence made me laugh.
Of course he's just fine. Who wouldn't be in his situation?

Yes I’m not saying Baldwin shouldn’t be at fault, that wasn’t my point. It’s deplorable that the discovery material was left accessible in his office. Note - that’s his story.

So it goes “M”, his friend, not only stole copies of the photos but leaked them and according to the leaked text messages that was preplanned in advance.

But now “M” gets off scot free? I don’t think that’s okay. His reputation isn’t damaged because nobody knows who he is, meanwhile only Baldwin and Rozzi face any sort of consequences. ”M” should be charged with data theft and perhaps he will be, time will tell.

As a comparable, it’s still considered robbery if someone walks into a store or home and steals stuff without breaking the door down.
I thought "M" was no longer alive????

Feeling nauseated over this whole situation. We're almost at a year since arrest (which is hard to believe for me, feels like it just happened) and now back to square one whenever his new defense attorney/team is assigned to the case and has to go through everything. What a mess

Heck yes #RichardAllen's defense team did Not want to withdraw. This was made clear by the fact they offered remedies to the court. This was a case of them having no other choice but to withdraw leaving RA without counsel and in solitary confinement at a Maximim Security Prison yet convicted of no crime... His attorneys were some of the best in state. Who will RA be left with? Will he survive Maximum Security Confinement with, I am sure now, little hope? Did you see his wife? She was in tears. She realizes the gravity of the situation. You don't just snap you fingers and appoint counel. The attorney must be qualified and capable of taking the case based on his court obligations. Maybe a heavy hitter will step in? This case weighs heavy on me. The evidence is not strong and the allegations of police incompetence and possible LE coverup is concerning.

Who is Trusted Friend?!

I would suggest this person is neither to be trusted nor a friend.

jmo

I stepped away from this case for awhile because I had to keep talking myself off the ledge with all the conspiracy theories. I'm sure the conspiracy theories are going to be wild after this fiasco. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad people are out there picking this apart because you just never know....but hold on folks we'll be going on a few rides.

According to murder sheet podcast, “M” photographed the photos then leaked them to “R” who leaked them to two others “Mark” and a female. It was “R“ who died by suicide. And it was ”Mark” turned over the photos to MS, asking it be reported to LE.
Ok - thanks for clarifying.

I thought you were using "M" just as a reference to the person who took the photos from Baldwin's desk. I didn't know "M" actually fit with others who received them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight