IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #168

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen any indication that the judge visited the prison to see what his conditions are/were.
She based her decision on what the warden and his guards said.
I don't believe she was lying but she could have been misinformed.

We often hear how prisoners make false claims about their treatment and conditions. We also hear attys with clients inside prisons confirm that many of those claims are true. Here's an easy way to decide for yourself as what the claims are and if they have enough validity to pass to the next step.

I looked at Westville because it's the one of interest here but you can probably search any prison.
I'm appalled that some of the treatments described are considered OK within prison system. By some of the standards, I'd guess that RA isn't being treated worse than the other Westville inmates.

Click: Recap Archives
Type the name of the warden
Click on a case and read the Opinion
Westville is in horrible shape which is why the state is building a new replacement facility there. DOC: Construction slated to begin soon for new Westville correctional facility

another thing of note IMO, Baldwin and Rozzi have separate practices. Baldwin's office is alleged to be where the leak came from. Rozzi's office was apparently blameless. So why did BOTH quit?

That makes me believe neither man withdrew solely because of the leak. Also, if as some suggested, the judge "coerced" Baldwin into stepping down, how do we explain Rozzi?
Great question; I could see how they may both found it necessary to withdraw due to upcoming conflicts of interest (b/c of NEW active LE investigation over the Leaks).

My bizarre meter just hit the red. So attorney Baldwin NOW has a private attorney/spokesman (dare I say mouth piece?) to explain the "trove" of documents were taken from a locked room or fireproof file cabinet? First it had been reported by D that RA is suffering and eating defense documents. Frankly, I dont find that strange as perhaps there are things written on them he doesn't want anyone to see. He can't set them on fire in jail. However, if it is reported he is eating toilet paper, pages of newspaper or old magazines, too... okay maybe the guy has a problem.
And now, 3 (yep three!) disseminators have stolen the defense teams homework? Uh, just wondering why Baldwin would need to have another attorney speak for him? The term "gained access" is interesting: In cyber security, the term “gaining access” refers to an unauthorized entry into a computer system or network by hackers, cyber criminals, and other malicious actors.
An attorney representing Baldwin said in a memorandum Thursday that authorities are investigating three suspected “disseminators” who “betrayed” Baldwin and gained access to his case-related paperwork that was kept “locked in a room or a locked fireproof file cabinet.”

I wondered, why and how it was known, that the trusted friend of Baldwin took photos of the crime scene photos ...... Maybe, he didn't?
And now, 3 (yep three!) disseminators have stolen the defense teams homework? Uh, just wondering why Baldwin would need to have another attorney speak for him? The term "gained access" is interesting: In cyber security, the term “gaining access” refers to an unauthorized entry into a computer system or network by hackers, cyber criminals, and other malicious actors.
^^ THIS!

My bizarre meter just hit the red. So attorney Baldwin NOW has a private attorney/spokesman (dare I say mouth piece?) to explain the "trove" of documents were taken from a locked room or fireproof file cabinet? First it had been reported by D that RA is suffering and eating defense documents. Frankly, I dont find that strange as perhaps there are things written on them he doesn't want anyone to see. He can't set them on fire in jail. However, if it is reported he is eating toilet paper, pages of newspaper or old magazines, too... okay maybe the guy has a problem.
An attorney representing Baldwin said in a memorandum Thursday that authorities are investigating three suspected “disseminators” who “betrayed” Baldwin and gained access to his case-related paperwork that was kept “locked in a room or a locked fireproof file cabinet.”
fwiw - if there's an active LE investigation over the Baldwin office-based Leak ... might make sense for Baldwin to retain his own attorney?

You know I'm not at all surprised by the use of the word snookered by Baldwin. This D has played fast, loose, and highly sensational from day 1. It screams unprofessional to me, juvenile really.

MOO

Good point. His getting “snookered” caused a whole lot of needless damage. It likely increased legal costs for a 2nd set of court appointed representation familiarizing themselves with the case, wasted of the courts valuable time in dealing with these antics, along with delayed the future trial.

The uncertainty going forward causes frustration and disappointment to the girls‘ families, even RA and his family too since everything is back to square one and an entire year has been wasted.

Did Baldwin apologize for what he caused? I don’t recall.

I wondered, why and how it was known, that the trusted friend of Baldwin took photos of the crime scene photos ...... Maybe, he didn't?

^^ THIS!

The photos were leaked along with text communication between the various people involved. The leak was turned over to ISP to investigate on Oct 5th. Baldwin acknowledged what occurred through Hennessy who represented him and the legal brief which was filed in court yesterday morning. How does Baldwin know what occurred, he didn’t say but the simplest explanation is the ‘friend’ was forced to admitted it because he was involved in the text communication.

Note in regard to below - Baldwin’s law office is in Franklin and his first name in Andrew.

“….In another message from earlier this month, the Facebook author writes he is supposed to go to Franklin during the upcoming weekend and that he just wants, “a fair fight,” for the defense while blasting the prosecution.

That was followed up by a handful of messages from Oct. 5 as the same participant refers to, “my guy,” and, “He’s going to be with Andy tonight. He was talking about me going down Saturday.”

There are also messages where the sender asks the recipient to, “protect me,” in the release of evidentiary items as the two correspondents discuss how best to cover their tracks while referring, presumably, to an individual involved in the inadvertent leak of defense evidence last spring….”

Last edited:
6 + minute video. Now I know why I didn't see RA's wife & mother in the courtroom, in another video. Attorney BR gave them a heads up. The wife was able to visit with RA before the "hearing" took place.

Richard Allen attorneys announce withdrawal, leaving Delphi murders suspect without representation​

The withdrawal comes two days after Indiana State Police said they would investigate an evidence leak, allegedly at the hands of one attorney's team members.

Best coverage of yesterday's court happenings is from Indianapolis and Ft. Wayne local media and CourtTV who all had reporters there. (Vinnie spent a lot of time on it last night and Kirk Nurmi was a second hour guest and he inquired about him trying to get out of representing Jodi Arias and could not) Lots of little interesting snippets for such a short hearing. Oh and NewsNation had a reporter there, she was on AB's show last night. I am still catching up between real life stuff!

do you even realize how many false confessions there are? Do you realize how many people accept a plea bargain that are not guilty of the agreement they are accepting? Once he was in solitary for a few weeks, his mental state is terrible. I have seen offenders do very strange things that they wouldn't do if not in solitary confinement.
And on the other side of that coin is the guilty also confess because their mind in tandem with their circumstances demands it. JMO

From document above -
“A court may remove a defendant’s attorney on the basis of…….contumacious conduct.“

adjective

LAW specialized
refusing to obey or respect the law in a way that shows contempt:
The court has the power to apply sanctions for contumacious conduct.

The whole process of the leak is just one disturbing disappointment after another.

If I have this right, the lawyers didn't keep the crime-scene documents secure.
An unsavory character took photos.
That character gave the photos to someone else.
That someone else gave them to another someone.
And that other someone sent them to youtubers. At least the youtubers called the cops! (Good on them!)
That's not just "a leak." That is a chain of people willing to be involved in misconduct.

So which one in the above leak chain committed suicide? The person who took the photos? Or one of the others?

“gaining access” doesn’t only refer to hacking a computer. Your quote appears to be missing the word “since”. Baldwin’s friend apparently took advantage of snapping pics of discovery documents including photos that were not properly secured and he has since increased his security in his office. That was his story before his visit with the Judge in her chambers.

"He was betrayed," Hennessy wrote, arguing that Baldwin has since kept "all Delphi-related items locked in a room or a locked fireproof cabinet."

Last edited:
So which one in the above leak chain committed suicide? The person who took the photos? Or one of the others?

It was the middle person (“R”) involved in the leak, the man who Baldwin’s ‘friend’ (“M”) passed the leaked material to. Then (“R”) passed it along to at least two others, one of which turned it over to MS asking for LE‘s involvement.

Yeah he apparantly was "snookered" into it.

^^ THIS!
I believe there was proof uncovered, and given to LE, by way of SM posts and private texts? ISP is now investigating the crime scene photos leak.

Good point. His getting “snookered” caused a whole lot of needless damage. It likely increased legal costs for a 2nd set of court appointed representation familiarizing themselves with the case, wasted of the courts valuable time in dealing with these antics, along with delayed the future trial.

The uncertainty going forward causes frustration and disappointment to the girls‘ families, even RA and his family too since everything is back to square one and an entire year has been wasted.

Did Baldwin apologize for what he caused? I don’t recall.
I don't recall any apology from him being reported anywhere. But he is after all, according to his lawyer's letter, a victim in all this...betrayed, abused and snookered...that I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz