IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #169

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have speculated that:
Quite exasperated by previous D's escapades, the Court hires new D counsel fresh off a disciplinary action, convincing herself he'll likely behave. For a year, anyway. :p

Well at least he sucked it up and faced the disciplinary action like a true professional without lashing out and acting like a fool. That ought to count for something! Good character, willing to accept responsibility for his mistakes.

According to your link, the public defenders office is run by a board. Are you expecting to find a conflict of interest between the Judge and RA’s new defense?

Serving the same county ... one would expect to find familiarity. For sure.

I'm frankly noodling on this a bit (as you can tell) ... b/c I'm actually leaning that familiarity with the Court benefits the D. JMHO.

I couldn't remember where that Cramer case came from. Thanks for the reminder. That one led me to the William Gibson case and that one was even more horrid.

Yes, I remember Gibson. Victim buried in his backyard in southern Indiana. Remember Larry Hall? From Indiana but his kidnapping conviction is Federal. Have you seen Black Bird? Good series about him.

Well at least he sucked it up and faced the disciplinary action like a true professional without lashing out and acting like a fool. That ought to count for something! Good character, willing to accept responsibility for his mistakes.

I'm bookmarking this. ;)

(More importantly- Grateful for and enjoying your sense of humor, MistyWaters! :D )

It says here he represents people accused of murder.

Is he Death Penalty qualified though? He’s not on the roster. Which doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not. But neither Lebrato or Scremin are listed.

Indiana Public Defender Commission-Death Penalty Attorney Roster

List

B again now, wonder what happened to Hennessy? They’re on rotation?

How many motions do they need to file repeating themselves.

“In a new filing late today, Andrew Baldwin asks Special Judge Fran Gull to reconsider what he calls an "erroneous order" to the Carroll County Clerk to remove him and Brad Rozzi without the opportunity to be heard.

That motion was filed hours after Gull appointed two new attorneys to Allen's defense team……

…….In his Motion to Reconsider, Baldwin said the court obtained an oral promise from him and Rozzi to file a motion to withdraw, which they have not done, and will not do.

He says there have been no valid motions to withdraw by appointed attorneys, no order of disqualification, and no legitimate basis for disqualification….”

I thought I was having a Groundhog Day episode for a minute; still after that transcript.

10/27/2023Motion to Reconsider
Motion to Reconsider
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
10/27/2023
10/27/2023Praecipe for Transcript Filed
Praecipe
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
10/27/2023

Are these filed by Hennessy for AB and now BR? o_O I can't keep up!

Snip
On Friday afternoon, an attorney representing Allen’s original defense team of Baldwin and Rozzi provided an advanced copy of a motion challenging Gull’s decision. For more on that, click here.

Snip
On Friday afternoon, an attorney representing Allen’s original defense team of Baldwin and Rozzi provided an advanced copy of a motion challenging Gull’s decision. For more on that, click here.

Quoting myself, the answer is no, just Baldwin, FOX59 didn't state that correctly imo.

I don’t think the defense is paid by their county.

On Friday, the Carroll County court system appointed Attorney Robert Scremin and Attorney William S. Lebrato as contract public defenders in Allen’s case.”

ETA
“Some Indiana counties have a public defender agency or special board that appoints public defenders for indigent defendants. That is not the case in Carroll County, where Allen is facing two murder charges. Because Carroll County relies on judicial appointment when assigning a public defender, Gull will have sole discretion in determining who will become Allen’s new defense counsel.

Carroll County is also a member of the Indiana Public Defender Commission, which means any public defender appointed to Allen must have extensive legal experience. The commission requires that its member counties hire attorneys for murder cases who have at least three years of criminal litigation experience and who have served as lead defense counsel in at least three jury trials that were tried to completion. In exchange for meeting the commission standards, member counties qualify for partial reimbursement for their public defender fees.”

Snip

“On Friday afternoon, an attorney representing Allen’s original defense team of Baldwin and Rozzi provided an advanced copy of a motion challenging Gull’s decision. For more on that, click here.”

Whenever I hit “click here”, it takes me back to the article. Can anyone else view it? It might be bc I’m on my phone atm.

“On Friday afternoon, an attorney representing Allen’s original defense team of Baldwin and Rozzi provided an advanced copy of a motion challenging Gull’s decision. For more on that, click here.”

Whenever I hit “click here”, it takes me back to the article. Can anyone else view it? It might be bc I’m on my phone atm.
It takes me to this article.

Whoever murdered the girls wanted their precious bodies to be found with obvious nonsecular Runes formed on and around them. The sticks did not form a teepee or a leanto.

"In a search warrant request in March 2017, an FBI agent claimed the girls’ bodies appeared to have been “moved and staged” at the crime scene." The CS was "pristine" - RL.

"... the prosecutor spoke with two correctional officers at the Westville Correctional Facility who the defense team claims have ties to Odinism
both correctional officers denied practicing Odinism but admitted to wearing patches on their uniforms" Tsk, tsk.

"Surprising and aggressive move" by JG

I think I misunderstood, lol I thought it would link me to the motion.
oh, oops! No, it is a different article, Fox59 had several today I do believe. I did post the link to the motion in another post after I found it. HTH!

I don't know, I wasn't there and haven't seen a transcript but the filings by Hennessy state he is counsel for AB.
Motion to Disqualify | PDF Host

Language is a little ambiguous but page 5 of 8 of Motion to Disqualify states that Judge was upset that AB and BR had brought counsel and they state he was not retained but a friend and colleague serving in the role of “ spokesperson”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member