Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't heard that, I've always thought she held it down, and that's kind of how it looks from the angle. I would think over the shoulder would not be as discrete. Jmo

Hi Betsy,
I always thought she was trying to make it look to BG like she was taking a selfie and covertly filming him instead. It would help explain why there aren’t more or clearer photos of him.

JMO
RIP M+J

Many wonder if LE knows who it is and are just waiting for the right evidence to make the arrest. If they have DNA they could use the same method as the golden state killer and retrieve a piece of garbage, like a used tissue, to match the DNA. So without an arrest it leads me to believe they don’t know who it is.

Many wonder if LE knows who it is and are just waiting for the right evidence to make the arrest. If they have DNA they could use the same method as the golden state killer and retrieve a piece of garbage, like a used tissue, to match the DNA. So without an arrest it leads me to believe they don’t know who it is.
The thing with the GSK case is that they already did the GEDMatch (CA LE had DNA from rape kits, etc) prior to taking the sample from surveiling DeAngelo. They took these samples be 100% certain DeAngelo was their guy.
IN LE may be working on a GEDMatch with the DNA they have from Abby & Libby’s crime scene. It could take awhile before they have a match through that, but once they do, they can try to locate this person, surveil him & get fresh samples to compare.
MOO

<modsnip - removed quoted post>

<modsdnip - blogs are not TOS-approved sources> and was actually able to track down the posting here on WS as well. From Thread #4. And wow, it's a very good match, IMO.

Imaged re-attached below.
Hello, all.

Longtime lurker - posted here about 7 years ago with the Meredith Emerson case - I don't have the same e-mail address anymore so I was unsuccessful at recovering my old login! The group here also rallied when a former college teammate of mine went missing (later turned across the country okay!). This is a wonderful community.

Anyways, I didn't really notice this until viewing this thread earlier on my smartphone (it's easier to notice some of the stuff in the 'Guy on Bridge' photo if you're doing so from a phone - maybe because that's potentially how it was captured?). Had to boot up the computer to show the thread what I saw on my phone. I did read others mention a potential firearm, but it stuck out to me as clear as day - in fact it looks quite obvious. I've (forgive the terrible MS Paint skills) mocked up where I'm seeing a firearm. If it is a firearm, it looks like a larger variation (potentially 1911/.45 variant).

Anyways, wanted to get the groups thoughts. May be helpful if anyone had archived scanner footage (if available) of any potential reports of shots fired around the time they were noted as being missing.

Forgive my content here if I'm reposting a concept that's been specifically outlined this way.

Attachments

• Suspectwobject.png
    Suspectwobject.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
Last edited by a moderator:
The thing with the GSK case is that they already did the GEDMatch (CA LE had DNA from rape kits, etc) prior to taking the sample from surveiling DeAngelo. They took these samples be 100% certain DeAngelo was their guy.
IN LE may be working on a GEDMatch with the DNA they have from Abby & Libby’s crime scene. It could take awhile before they have a match through that, but once they do, they can try to locate this person, surveil him & get fresh samples to compare.
MOO
Yes. Agreed. I’m answering though if as some speculate LE has a suspect in mind. GSK they did not have a suspect. So kind of the reverse.

Yes. Agreed. I’m answering though if as some speculate LE has a suspect in mind. GSK they did not have a suspect. So kind of the reverse.
Gotchya! I misread, my apologies
I’m wondering if they know who BG is, but can not locate him. Maybe this person took off & has been in hiding?

I hadn't heard that, I've always thought she held it down, and that's kind of how it looks from the angle. I would think over the shoulder would not be as discrete. Jmo

Unless she was, video-taping herself (like a selfie, but recording), while catching him in the background. The BG image is blurry, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was cropped out of a larger video. Perhaps with LG being front and center in her own video, and BG being caught in the background. Jmo

I couldn’t sleep last night.....I kept thinking about how upsetting this case was when it first happened. It hurts to remember how these two beautiful, young girls were missing at first, then it was thought that they were just out goofing off, having fun in town, and then, out of the blue, all of a sudden they were found murdered! It was such a shock and so unexpected in such a quiet and peaceful town, Delphi, Indiana.

I’ve been a Websleuth’s member for almost ten years and I have rarely been truly moved by a press conference. This one from Feb. 22, 2017 really hit me hard. For all of our new members to this case, please view it......it is just over 30 minutes & is very moving. Here is the link.

Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter begins speaking at 5.12 and he is most impressive, but so are all the other speakers. Supt. Carter truly displays genuine compassion and caring. (Very much like Chief Tim Longo during the Hannah Graham murder case. Loved Chief Longo.)

Anyway, I hope this helps our new members as you can see the absolute shock and concern on all the LE members’ faces during this PC. This case is heartbreaking in so many ways.

I have spent too much time at websleuths. I tell myself I’ll be able to finally leave once this case is solved...

Ps. I think I am one of the only few who think they either have no DNA or inconclusive/partial DNA that is of no use. Basically, IMO, based on my read of information from the past 18+ month and everything at this time, DNA can’t - or won’t- solve this crime as of now, late 2018. This could change.

Pps. I still think about making a documentary about this town and about trying to get a grant or a prominent publication to help fund it... but I just don’t know @Tricia if this might be something you would like to discuss with me in private or with the forum

I often wondered if one of the girls or even both of them, were chatting with him on SM and possibly planned to meet him there that day. He would have pretended to be a young man to get their interest. But since LA has their cell phones, they would have investigated any such thing...unless he deleted the content from their phones after killing them. But then, why would he leave that photo of himself and the voice recording! Argh, this is so frustrating!

I thought photo etc, went into Cloud.
We haven't heard if the phone has been retrieved, as far as I remember.
Those, more knowledgeable may explain, as phone isn't required, to obtain info.
Where is this phone?
MOO.

I thought photo etc, went into Cloud.
We haven't heard if the phone has been retrieved, as far as I remember.
Those, more knowledgeable may explain, as phone isn't required, to obtain info.
Where is this phone?
MOO.
From article:
Sgt. Holeman tells us investigators recovered more audio from Libby’s phone, which was found with the girls at the crime scene.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/566691001

Found it on the blog, and was actually able to track down the posting here on WS as well. From Thread #4. And wow, it's a very good match, IMO.

Imaged re-attached below.

That does seem to be a gun.
The green outline, helps a great deal, to help us look at the same section.
Thank you for refinding this for us.:):):)
.'MOO.

Ps. I think I am one of the only few who think they either have no DNA or inconclusive/partial DNA that is of no use. Basically, IMO, based on my read of information from the past 18+ month and everything at this time, DNA can’t - or won’t- solve this crime as of now, late 2018. This could change.
Familial DNA matches, especially ones involving the use of outside databases, take time.

If they were to only get a hit from a very distant relative, it would take quite a bit of research in order to close the gap.

Therefore, I don’t take this as a sign that they do not have DNA.

But if they know who he is, and cannot locate him, wouldn't they have a Police Alert out to try and locate him. MOO.
I’ve wondered that, too. It’s difficult to say. There have been some misleading things that have been said about this case that make me scratch my head & has caused me to reread article after article, rewatch press conferences, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1