Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the posts on this re-opened thread, it's the first I recall that he was walking toward them quickly. (I might have forgotten the detail about the pace.)

I never know what to think of this case, but I think the word "hunting" does seem right.

I'd like to see some of the kids in the town interviewed. Now that they are older, they might have more insight on any strange things that happened back then (when at the time perhaps the didn't recognize as significant, were shy to talk about, or simply were not asked).

jmo

The hunter scenario sounds more plausible than someone specifically seeking these girls. A homocide detective years ago told me killers are just like hunters, going off searching for vulnerable victims, no witnesses, then pouncing when opportunity arises. The gun would also fit, it would explain how one man got two girls under control. I can not believe with audio and video and DNA he is still a free man. This case and Ying Ying,s really breaks my heart, such innocent sweet girls.

I have a hunch that he used a common hand tool to control one of the girls, but of course that's JMO.

There's a lot going on underneath that jacket/shell...

I remember watching some videos on YouTube of the high bridge. It looks very creepy/unsafe (maybe it's just my fear of heights!) with some of the railroad ties missing on it, etc. Like pointed out above, I also get the feeling this is a place that locals know of well, but not many people from outside the area. I am an avid hiker and have places like that in my hometown--some of them, not even all the locals are aware of unless they are in the hiking/mountain biking crowd.

So I guess one of my questions is, did BG specifically go out to the high bridge and trails out there "hunting" for someone that day--just whoever was out there? Or was he a creep who went out walking, saw the girls, and decided spur of the moment to take that opportunity?

I remember watching some videos on YouTube of the high bridge. It looks very creepy/unsafe (maybe it's just my fear of heights!) with some of the railroad ties missing on it, etc. Like pointed out above, I also get the feeling this is a place that locals know of well, but not many people from outside the area. I am an avid hiker and have places like that in my hometown--some of them, not even all the locals are aware of unless they are in the hiking/mountain biking crowd.

So I guess one of my questions is, did BG specifically go out to the high bridge and trails out there "hunting" for someone that day--just whoever was out there? Or was he a creep who went out walking, saw the girls, and decided spur of the moment to take that opportunity?
He must have had a weapon on him. So a creep who was on the prowl. IMO.

If BG was a creep who went walking, and spontaneously decided to cause harm, one might think he wouldn't necessarily have brought any tools with him that day (tools that we can speculate could have been used in this crime). But there are other ways he could have subdued them using his own strength, I imagine.

If BG was hunting, my questions would be a) would he have been looking for anyone, or b) would he have been targeting a specific demographic (i.e., by age, gender, etc). And if he was specifically targeting children, I would imagine he'd be someone who would have been "in the know" regarding Delphi Schools schedule and that school was out that day (due to not having any snow days). Jmo

And if he was specifically targeting children, I would imagine he'd be someone who would have been "in the know" regarding Delphi Schools schedule and that school was out that day (due to not having any snow days). Jmo
Snipped.
-
It's possible, but that's something that he could have overheard anywhere (at a local diner, at a gas station, etc.).
-
Then again, if he was off work that day, maybe it's because he worked for Delphi Schools. I see him as a macho, domineering type--the type who might coach football or wrestling.

If BG was a creep who went walking, and spontaneously decided to cause harm, one might think he wouldn't necessarily have brought any tools with him that day (tools that we can speculate could have been used in this crime). But there are other ways he could have subdued them using his own strength, I imagine.

If BG was hunting, my questions would be a) would he have been looking for anyone, or b) would he have been targeting a specific demographic (i.e., by age, gender, etc). And if he was specifically targeting children, I would imagine he'd be someone who would have been "in the know" regarding Delphi Schools schedule and that school was out that day (due to not having any snow days). Jmo
I thought the same thing when this first happened. Perhaps he was a janitor, or another type of school worker or even a parent of a student, who knew the students’ schedule and knew where they liked to hang out, such as the bridge. Baffling this is still unsolved. A picture, a voice, DNA, and what ever else might have been recorded on the girl’s cell phone. He may have gained control of just one of them with a weapon and threatened to hurt her if the other ran or screamed.

I couldn’t sleep last night.....I kept thinking about how upsetting this case was when it first happened. It hurts to remember how these two beautiful, young girls were missing at first, then it was thought that they were just out goofing off, having fun in town, and then, out of the blue, all of a sudden they were found murdered! It was such a shock and so unexpected in such a quiet and peaceful town, Delphi, Indiana.

I’ve been a Websleuth’s member for almost ten years and I have rarely been truly moved by a press conference. This one from Feb. 22, 2017 really hit me hard. For all of our new members to this case, please view it......it is just over 30 minutes & is very moving. Here is the link.

Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter begins speaking at 5.12 and he is most impressive, but so are all the other speakers. Supt. Carter truly displays genuine compassion and caring. (Very much like Chief Tim Longo during the Hannah Graham murder case. Loved Chief Longo.)

Anyway, I hope this helps our new members as you can see the absolute shock and concern on all the LE members’ faces during this PC. This case is heartbreaking in so many ways.

I watched the crime scene flow videos, and second that recommendation. After catching up on the details of this case (and being a visual person), the videos really helped connect all the pieces for me on another level.

The idea of the suspect coming in quickly towards the girls, and swooping in on his prey is haunting.

Some other random, initial thoughts I have:
- Where did he come from, right before he began his swift approach to catch up with the girls? (Walking? Driving? Stalking the girls from afar at some unknown location beforehand?)
- If they (suspect, and girls) crossed the creek at some point, I wonder if anyone came forward with a description of anyone who appeared to leaving the trail while wearing wet clothes?
- I wonder if any nearby surveillance videos (it looks fairly remote, but perhaps surveillance within a wider radius) pulled from that day, could potentially showing anyone walking through the frame wearing clothes that match the suspect?
- As others are asking, had the suspect been there before? I know by looking through old vacation photos, it's easy to inadvertently catch tourists in the background. Perhaps anyone who has photos from the trail prior to 2/13/2017 could look at them again, in the event they caught someone in the background (on a different day before the murders) that matches suspect image.

Looking forward to more discussions on this case and hoping we can help get justice for AW & LG.
JMO

I am also wondering, if BG had planned this ahead, he could have left a bag with change of clothes, near the scene.
He could have arrived in another direction, to leave his escape kit: including wig etc
He perhaps looks quite different, in appearance, both times (or other times on his horrid sprees).
Just removing all the bulky clothes, he has been photographed in, would make a big change.
Then leaves the scene, with his things, in a backpack.
MOO.

or followed on SM, as photos of bridge would be available.
I often wondered if one of the girls or even both of them, were chatting with him on SM and possibly planned to meet him there that day. He would have pretended to be a young man to get their interest. But since LA has their cell phones, they would have investigated any such thing...unless he deleted the content from their phones after killing them. But then, why would he leave that photo of himself and the voice recording! Argh, this is so frustrating!

Yes, Libby held the phone down beside her leg and snapped the pic when she noticed he was coming fast. My understanding the recording came from her, so smart, pushed the snap chat button to record.

Hi Faith,

I’m just trying to keep the facts straight as we start yet another A/L thread. Do you have a MSM link to where it says Libby held the phone at her waist? According to this video with Alexis McAdams, Libby used the front camera on her cell phone and recorded over her shoulder.
Alexis McAdams on Twitter

Thanks,
RIP M+J

Many people are convinced that there is a perfect outline of a gun in his pocket, on the left. ( his right). It sure looks like it. He must have had something to subdue them and take control. Jmo

At first glance, I thought he was a man walking with both hands in his pockets, with his right hand specifically in his right side jeans pocket.

But after looking again, IMO, his hand appears to be between his navy coat and the brown hoodie layer. Which would make sense if he was trying to conceal something (like a weapon). Jmo

UNKNOWN SUSPECT

Attachments

• large.jpeg
    large.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 111
Hi Faith,

I’m just trying to keep the facts straight as we start yet another A/L thread. Do you have a MSM link to where it says Libby held the phone at her waist? According to this video with Alexis McAdams, Libby used the front camera on her cell phone and recorded over her shoulder.

Thanks,
RIP M+J
Ever since I read about what she did, I put my camera and voice recorder app next to each other on the home screen of my phone. I think of them often.

Hi Faith,

Thanks,
RIP M+J
I've never taken a selfie with my phone, but people here have said that things are reversed when you use the front camera. Wouldn't that mean that he was walking on the other side of the bridge, and all of the markers found by GH and company would be wrong. I believe she was holding the camera facing him and recorded as she put the phone in her pocket, but I'm just guessing like most of us are. I know I had tried walking in my apartment with my phone recording in my pocket and got almost identical background noise, which I had originally thought was footsteps in dead leaves. MOO

Hi Faith,

Thanks,
RIP M+J
I hadn't heard that, I've always thought she held it down, and that's kind of how it looks from the angle. I would think over the shoulder would not be as discrete. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1