Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think the perp had a comfort zone and familiarity with the area. Whether as a child that returns often or a local.
That's an interesting theory. I wonder if they are looking into people who grew up in the area.. they know his approximate age. Definitely not a young guy. Middle aged. Maybe someone who has since moved but came back to carry out the crime. Jmo

Oh, wow, I had not realized they mentioned him in the recording before he approached them. Like a predator stalking his prey. LE seem to think he has done this before. What other cases are similar to this that have occurred in the last 10 years or so? I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has a long history of crimes like this. I know there is another murder of two girls they were looking into, I think someone mentioned it several posts back, but what other cases are there?

I think only Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook’s case is similar in the last decade. It is rare to have to children kidnapped and murdered at the same time. I’m not convinced the cases are linked I would need to know cause of death in each case. He could have killed a child individually before and due to his confidence he felt able to kill two teens at once.

I really wish we could do more to help in both cases. My heartbreaks for the girls families.

This has haunted me since it happened. I was not on WS yet when the earlier threads were open, so I am catching up on everything now. All of the crimes I read about on here are horrific, but for some reason, this one in particular is constantly on my mind. Those poor girls. I cannot even imagine.

I hope they were able to get at least color/make/model of the other car in the lot when the girls were dropped off. That might help some. I am curious what the witness was able to give them who saw him leaving the area.

Like others have stated, someone knows something. Maybe they don't want to believe it about this man they work with/are family with/live next to, etc., but someone has to know this guy and interact with him in some capacity. I wish there was more to do to help, but I will continue sharing his photo and keeping this case in people's minds.

Unfortunately, the new chip from 23@me does not work well with Gedmatch, and Genesis version (that accepts it) has too few people yet.

In other words, if you downloaded from Ancestry to Gedmatch, you are out of the data pool for the newer samples from 23@me, because they are compatible only with Genesis version of Gedmatch.

So please, transfer your DNA info to Genesis as well. Genetic criminology needs close matches, or large match lines.
I think that's part of the problem. Unless the killer has a relative that was accused of or convicted of a crime, or if they do end up using a public search, if there's no relative who has their DNA on the website, it will not be helpful in identifying the suspect. I think it's worthwhile but there is just no guarantee. I think it all comes down to luck. Jmo

That's an interesting theory. I wonder if they are looking into people who grew up in the area.. they know his approximate age. Definitely not a young guy. Middle aged. Maybe someone who has since moved but came back to carry out the crime. Jmo

Ok I need to get this off my chest as it’s gnawing away at me. In the thread, I cannot recall where but there’s mention of one of the girls mums having a picture of the ‘Bridge’ as her screensaver , as though it’s very special to her . ( this was prior to the girls murder). So what’s eating away at me is that this is very possibly someone either local or known to the girls and they know / knew that they frequented this spot , especially because it was a ‘special place in the heart of their mum’.... I may be way off here but it’s really bugging me that there may be a connection. I will see if I can find where this is mentioned...

Oh, wow, I had not realized they mentioned him in the recording before he approached them. Like a predator stalking his prey. LE seem to think he has done this before. What other cases are similar to this that have occurred in the last 10 years or so? I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has a long history of crimes like this. I know there is another murder of two girls they were looking into, I think someone mentioned it several posts back, but what other cases are there?
Yes, a predator stalking his prey.

I think @Foxfire would use the word “hunting.”

He also says these guys are very skilled at what they do, they have a specific purpose for everything they do,”there’s a reason for the seasons”; I believe we could be looking for one of these skilled predator hunter types.

All new folks pls check out @grayhuze ‘s crime scene flow videos.

I also made some new notes and looking for them now.

Also I’ve been doing my best to help keep the media thread updated:
IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

Last edited:
Ok I need to get this off my chest as it’s gnawing away at me. In the thread, I cannot recall where but there’s mention of one of the girls mums having a picture of the ‘Bridge’ as her screensaver , as though it’s very special to her . ( this was prior to the girls murder). So what’s eating away at me is that this is very possibly someone either local or known to the girls and they know / knew that they frequented this spot , especially because it was a ‘special place in the heart of their mum’.... I may be way off here but it’s really bugging me that there may be a connection. I will see if I can find where this is mentioned...
Great thoughts! Maybe the suspect had seen them there before...

Yes, a predator stalking his prey.

I think @Foxfire would use the word “hunting.”

He also says these guys are very skilled at what they do, they have a specific purpose for everything they do,” there’s a reason for the seasons”, I believe we are looking for one of these skilled predator hunter types.

All new folks pls check out @grayhuze ‘s crime scene flow videos.

I also made some new notes and looking for them now.

I watched the crime scene flow videos, and second that recommendation. After catching up on the details of this case (and being a visual person), the videos really helped connect all the pieces for me on another level.

The idea of the suspect coming in quickly towards the girls, and swooping in on his prey is haunting.

Some other random, initial thoughts I have:
- Where did he come from, right before he began his swift approach to catch up with the girls? (Walking? Driving? Stalking the girls from afar at some unknown location beforehand?)
- If they (suspect, and girls) crossed the creek at some point, I wonder if anyone came forward with a description of anyone who appeared to leaving the trail while wearing wet clothes?
- I wonder if any nearby surveillance videos (it looks fairly remote, but perhaps surveillance within a wider radius) pulled from that day, could potentially showing anyone walking through the frame wearing clothes that match the suspect?
- As others are asking, had the suspect been there before? I know by looking through old vacation photos, it's easy to inadvertently catch tourists in the background. Perhaps anyone who has photos from the trail prior to 2/13/2017 could look at them again, in the event they caught someone in the background (on a different day before the murders) that matches suspect image.

Looking forward to more discussions on this case and hoping we can help get justice for AW & LG.
JMO

I firmly believe, actually I have ZERO doubt that is a gun in his pocket.

I have also IMO isolated what I think is coming out of the top of his jacket—white rope.

I am looking for my supplementation on this and will post.

If he was out hunting I think he would have had restraints on him and I found some rope which look identical to rope from 2 other (unrelated) cases.

Everything is JMO.

Last edited:
That's what I recall from the Round Table Discussion with Libby's aunt - the family has heard a longer version of the audio, but not all of it. Lots more information in the discussion. It's rather long and there are a few technical difficulties, but overall has good information.

Found Deceased - IN - Abby Williams and Libby German/The Delphi Murders #85
Thanks, I went back and listened to it. For anyone who doesn't have time (it's pretty long!), BP (Libby's grandmother/guardian) says she has also seen a brief video clip of BG walking towards the girls on the bridge (a screenshot from that video was the picture released to the public). The "down the hill" audio is taken from that same video as far as I understand it. BP also says LE will not release that video footage of BG to the public, or at least had no plans to at the time of recording. She says the part with BG in it is very brief anyway.

What were the girls' parents feelings about the bridge and trail? Were they ever forbidden to go there or was it generally accepted to be a safe place?
Liberty's grandparents (her guardians) were ok with it. Abby's mother has made comments she did not approve of them going. I don't remember if it was crossing the bridge, being alone, or what she wasn't thrilled about.

The hunter scenario sounds more plausible than someone specifically seeking these girls. A homocide detective years ago told me killers are just like hunters, going off searching for vulnerable victims, no witnesses, then pouncing when opportunity arises. The gun would also fit, it would explain how one man got two girls under control. I can not believe with audio and video and DNA he is still a free man. This case and Ying Ying,s really breaks my heart, such innocent sweet girls.

This has haunted me since it happened. I was not on WS yet when the earlier threads were open, so I am catching up on everything now. All of the crimes I read about on here are horrific, but for some reason, this one in particular is constantly on my mind. Those poor girls. I cannot even imagine.

I hope they were able to get at least color/make/model of the other car in the lot when the girls were dropped off. That might help some. I am curious what the witness was able to give them who saw him leaving the area.

Like others have stated, someone knows something. Maybe they don't want to believe it about this man they work with/are family with/live next to, etc., but someone has to know this guy and interact with him in some capacity. I wish there was more to do to help, but I will continue sharing his photo and keeping this case in people's minds.

The week of the murders a woman came forward and stated she'd been on the trail at the northwest approach to the bridge, walking her dog, and that she saw BG. She headed back to the parking area and passed A&L, w/o mentioning that she'd seen someone. Like others, I think they walked past him as they walked towards the bridge, and became alarmed when he walked back to the bridge. JMO, of course.

From all the research I've done, I've yet to see any indication anyone saw BG leaving the bridge and trail areas. Spooky, however it's a quiet area with little through traffic on the county road which runs along there.

Feb. 15th, 2017, article about the crimes:

Bangert: Spotlight on Delphi trail after girls killed

Article from this past February:

Delphi murders: Here's what we know a year after the slayings of Abby and Libby

I can't stress enough that my observations from my trip to Delphi last year indicate to me not many people from outside the area know exactly where the bridge is located, how to get there, etc. There are no signs on local roads which might indicate the MHB is located there, just the wooden sign on County Road (C.R.) 300, by the parking area, which is right near to the road. That sign is in one of the above articles I linked to. From the parking area to the NW approach to the bridge is around a quarter mile or so, there's also a bend/curve along there.

Even with a Garmin GPS unit of mine, driving south on IN 25 I didn't know I was close to Delphi until I saw the water tower. My route took me to C.R. 300, where it loops back around and under IN 25, and from there the grain terminal/elevators come into view. Then driving along 300 I drove right past the trail/old parking area, and the sign which faces the road. It's that easy to miss at 30-35 mph. I did take a spin around the cemetery, then drove other county roads east and then south of the creek, then back up U.S. 421 through town. The bridge cannot be seen from the surrounding terrain/roads, even when the leaves are down.

Locals who were interviewed after the crimes said they knew a bridge was out there just east of town (over Deer Creek), but had never been there or knew how to get there. It's easy, really, just a short distance off of IN 25, but you would have to know that, or look it up on maps or what have you.

So who knew exactly where this bridge is located before Feb. 13th, 2017? A lot of people. Locals. People interested in old railroad/industrial properties. People who have fished in that spot or along Deer Creek (I saw fishermen at the nearby historic bridge east of the MHB). Railroad employees. Walkers/hikers. Etc. A lot of folks knew exactly where the bridge is located, but not many of them would be from outside of that part of Indiana.

Bridge Guy knows where it's located, but how, and why? How did he know people would be out there that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1