Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know why the bridge needs saving it’s a health and safety disaster waiting to happen in addition to this terrible crime. It should be demolished. I wonder how many people are going there now?

I wonder if he’s ever revisited the crime scene, I wouldn’t think so considering the “heat” but you know never know with a monster like this

So I’m learning that in Cheryl’s and Andy’s case, there is delay/issue with getting HPD to go forward with the genetic phenotyping test even though the family is offering to pay, etc (looking for quote, @mocity ).

ETA:

It seems absolutely crazy we cant get HPD to move faster on the genetic phenotyping. My family has offered to pay whatever fees are associated. In my opinion it seems like a perfect case to use it on. If anyone feels like contacting them and asking to push it forward please do! We are doing our best and believe it will happen at some point but so far it hasn't.

Anyway, in this new day and age of this amazing breakthrough in new DNA technology (Parabon, etc), are we also seeing with it hurdles and delays just as with standard DNA tests, etc. ? Meaning, are there sometimes issues with actually getting these tests done and will we be seeing more of this potentially...this is something to consider in the future, cost, back log, possible hoops...anyway, noting to pull a quote from Leazonby re: advanced testing:

ETA: Nevermind, his quotes reference the expanded index system, not phenotyping, my bad.

From the media thread / qmfr:

Delphi homicides: Could broader DNA database help catch teens' killer?
Apr. 17, 2018

“INDIANAPOLIS — A broader DNA database is helping police find suspects to unsolved crimes. Perhaps soon it might mean finding the man who killed Delphi teens Libby German and Abby Williams.

Indiana law prescribing the collection of DNA changed Jan. 1, expanding the DNA samplings to include anyone accused of a felony. Before the new law took effect, Indiana only collected DNA — a genetic fingerprint unique to each individual — if a person was convicted.“

Snip

“But if the detectives have the killer's DNA — a point that investigators have been cagey about admitting or denying — the broader DNA database might flag him.”

“This will open the doors to cases we have DNA from but don't have a suspect," Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said Tuesday when asked about the expanded index system.

Riley continued the investigation's longstanding practice of not saying whether they had DNA in the case.“

Snip

“The broader database already has snared suspects in Indiana cases in 44 counties...”

Snip

“Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said running any evidence they have against the broader DNA database is something investigators have not discussed, but it's worth exploring.

The question is when to request the comparison since the new law creates an ever expansive database. Do investigators run a comparison now or wait a few more months after more suspected felons have been arrested, Leazenby rhetorically asked, thinking aloud during the interview.“

Delphi homicides: Could broader DNA database help catch teens' killer?

Last edited:
I wonder if he’s ever revisited the crime scene, I wouldn’t think so considering the “heat” but you know never know with a monster like this

I also wonder how far BG strayed right after the crime. He just blended right back in perhaps?

Looking at it all more logically after almost two years, I go back to Libby’s stepdad saying her phone was pinging all over town. (This is a horrible link, but I do remember that quote from Mike Patty in the early days- this was the best quote I could find in the media right now: Two bodies found in search for missing Indiana girls | Daily Mail Online).

I never felt like the pinging of her phone was satisfactorily explained. IMO.

Got to thinking here, even big retail stores have pretty sophisticated surveillance, like don't they even employ the face recognition stuff like used on sm sites I won't name? So isn't this creep on face recognition vids somewhere? Or is the photo too unclear? Or do they have a good idea who he is and are waiting for him to surface?
(I'm not schooled in latest tech so don't laugh me out of here if this is a dumb thought.)

Got to thinking here, even big retail stores have pretty sophisticated surveillance, like don't they even employ the face recognition stuff like used on sm sites I won't name? So isn't this creep on face recognition vids somewhere? Or is the photo too unclear? Or do they have a good idea who he is and are waiting for him to surface?
(I'm not schooled in latest tech so don't laugh me out of here if this is a dumb thought.)

Not dumb at all.

I recall doing some research on facial recognition software as possibly applicable here, let me see if I can find it. I recall some discussion ...there could even be new articles and technology on this since last researched...

Some search results:

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13 ... - Websleuths
Websleuths › page-35
Mar 16, 2017 · http://www.usatoday. com/story/news/nation-now/2017/01/13/ fbi-facial-recognition-software-helps-id- ...
Websleuths › page-17
Mar 3, 2017 · They have software that if the face isn't totally disguised it will pull aspects of your facial features and ...
Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty ... - Websleuths
Websleuths › forums › threads › page-49
Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, ... "At INTERPOL, we maintain databases of fingerprints, DNA profiles and facial images, ... for countries using CODIS (the FBI-designed DNA matching software). ... Use of DNA for the Identification of Missing Persons and Unidentified Human ...
Websleuths › page-15
Jul 17, 2017 · This sketch seems so detailed that I wonder if it could be run with facial recognition software. Is there ...

Last edited:

Not dumb at all. The facial recognition technology exists. It is being used in bigger cities, from my understanding. If BG was captured by vid anywhere, it could be matched.

The new capabablities of Parabon to identify hair color, eye color, and possibly facial features tied to DNA are interesting to me, as well.

All that to say, don’t know if there is any confirmed DNA to test (I would think there would be given my hunch about motive, but that’s my opinion).

On the Monon High Trail, it doesn’t apppear there were any cameras at all, other than Libby’s, but with how fast this type of technology moves (facial recognition), it is possible Libby’s video (the stills from it we know so well) could be compared to other images. Hopefully, it won’t be decades down the road, IMO.

Last edited:
BG has to be afraid to show his face anywhere lest he be picked up on camera.

I disagree I don’t think the monster is afraid of anything we aren’t dealing with a normal sane individual who thinks the way we do. He won’t want to be caught and won’t be drawing attention to himself to law enforcement but he has to feel pretty upbeat that we are nearly two years from the attack and they have his voice, photo, sketch and possibly dna and he still hasn’t been apprehended. It makes me sick to think of him walking around free in society thinking these people don’t know what I have done and ha ha ha catch me if you can.

I do wonder what if anything is planned to publicise the case on the second anniversary. My one wish for 2019 is that this case breaks.

I disagree I don’t think the monster is afraid of anything we aren’t dealing with a normal sane individual who thinks the way we do. He won’t want to be caught and won’t be drawing attention to himself to law enforcement but he has to feel pretty upbeat that we are nearly two years from the attack and they have his voice, photo, sketch and possibly dna and he still hasn’t been apprehended. It makes me sick to think of him walking around free in society thinking these people don’t know what I have done and ha ha ha catch me if you can.

I do wonder what if anything is planned to publicise the case on the second anniversary. My one wish for 2019 is that this case breaks.
I hope you're right and he struts right into LE custody! Creeps me out too that he's walking free.

I absolutely agree, monsters like BG don’t constantly live in fear. They feel like they are invincible that LE are dumb and they are untouchable by every crime they commit and get away with. Look at Dennis rader, he was so diluted that he was actually surprised when LE outsmarted him and set him up. After two yrs I’d say that unfortunately BG is probably feeling very comfortable and probably invincible. Makes me want to puke! I just hope that LE gets a break soon and that it’s not when he attacks again!

A dangerous monster who lacks a conscience. A recent post mentioned the victims were found in water. I've mentioned the Green River killer before, and how LE found his victims in water. I see similarity between both killers. He has the same mindset as the Green River killer. LE needs to investigated missing girls in the region to this killer.

The killer having a background in law enforcement, I'm thinking more in the lines of a security guard,
or years ago applied with police force but failed the psychological exam and polygraph test.

The second anniversary of murders of Abigail Williams, and Liberty German, finding a good journalist to write an
article with the sketch and photo of the killer would help this case.

Writer friend of mine, for a local newspaper, will give me ideas about contacting a good journalist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the girls were not found in the water. They were approximately 50 feet away. bbm
Riley said the girls' bodies were found in a wooded area about 50 feet from the banks of Deer Creek in an area less than a mile upstream from the railroad bridge.

Missing teen girls found dead near Indiana hiking trail

ETA: That doesn't mean evidence wasn't found in the creek. IIRC, there were extensive searches in the water.

Talking about facial recognition... Facebook uses it! All my photos tagged the people without me doing it! Even in the background. And then , my friend took a picture at a mardi gras parade and it tagged a girl she didn't know in the background! So, I know that it is good. It picks up people that aren't looking at the camera and even bad pics of people.

Ps- someone try to post it on fb and see if it tags a person! How nuts would that be lol

Today would have been Libby's 16th Birthday !! Happy Heavenly Birthday sweet angel.
26056046_10156195258435798_3670142340612796899_n.jpg

Talking about facial recognition... Facebook uses it! All my photos tagged the people without me doing it! Even in the background. And then , my friend took a picture at a mardi gras parade and it tagged a girl she didn't know in the background! So, I know that it is good. It picks up people that aren't looking at the camera and even bad pics of people.

Ps- someone try to post it on fb and see if it tags a person! How nuts would that be lol
That'd be rich-- solved by sleuther using fb technology. But seriously makes you wonder what they have.
Actually the girls were not found in the water. They were approximately 50 feet away. bbm

Missing teen girls found dead near Indiana hiking trail

ETA: That doesn't mean evidence wasn't found in the creek. IIRC, there were extensive searches in the water.

I agree and apologize for my error. I don't know where I got what I would've sworn I'd read but cannot relocate the article (although a couple really early were kind of vague) so I can only conclude I misread somewhere.

The creek looked pretty narrow in one picture. Is it a seasonal creek? Wide in some spots but narrows? Could he have marched them up the creek? Was the creek bank brushy, or more park-like? It sounds like the trail network was a local treasure and pretty frequented, but were there areas made inaccessible by creek side vegetation or steep terrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214