Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When somebody confesses to a family member I think most often they’re expecting that person to help them hold the door open to the police station (figuratively).

They want help because they can’t bear this load alone. The families, however...JMO...if these are kids who have been to jail, the parents might bring them to the police station. But white collar families, with a non-problem kids committing crimes? The families are afraid of own status and prestige going down. They might be more apt to protect, IMO. Remember all these high school athlete sex scandals. The parents stand by their “poor boys”.

Does anyone know if there was a funeral that day or in days just prior where the deceased may have been buried in cemetery near trails. Just wondering if someone stopped by the gravesite then on down to the trails. No idea if this is an old no longer used cemetery or one still used

Someone with a tenuous connection to Delphi would be much harder to find. A complete stranger almost impossible. But the investigation is going with a local person at this point. A thrill killer might have a friend in town and just do it to impress and make a point or intimidate.Trying to think of different scenarios.

This thread is dedicated to discussing details of Abby's and Libby's case. Please keep details related to the Nicole Bowen case in that dedicated thread. It gets confusing to read a post, wonder what the heck it is about, and then realize it pertains to another case/thread.

It's okay to make mild reference (as in "reminds me of ... in NB's case"), but to start discussing that case in more detail takes this thread off topic.

Last edited:
I agree. To refer to "another" couple one has to be a part of a couple (she was alone right?) or have mentioned one couple already to use the term "another" is how it reads to me. Or, as you say, it means a couple of guys... As she already mentioned one guy...

I am behind on the pages too so if this has been discussed, my apologies.
Is it possible she meant it this way? Did you see anyone? Yes, I saw a guy and then another, a couple too. Meaning she was talking in instances? In the first instance she saw a guy then in another instance she saw a couple?

MOO Mindset

Agreed they were likely thinking that early on that the girls had went somewhere and forgot to tell somebody, or a text didn't go through etc

In hindsight it doesn't even really matter as they were not going to be able to save the girls as they were already murdered before they were even reported missing

MOO

Agreed they were likely thinking that early on that the girls had went somewhere and forgot to tell somebody, or a text didn't go through etc

In hindsight it doesn't even really matter as they were not going to be able to save the girls as they were already murdered before they were even reported missing

MOO
We don’t know that. Only LE knows the time of death

i understand this but it's feb no leaves if you read my post that if someone or more came in from the cemetary side you are on the right side of creek.
even though we keep faith/hope they're ok, we know they didn't answer texts/phone calls.
to ME that reason enough, but thats just me!
and apparently the searchers either:
1) didn't search long enough.
2) wrong places.
3) they weren't there.

Even in February there would have been leaf litter, perhaps quite a lot as the location was off the trail. The leaves from fall wouldn't have completely decomposed by February. There also would be twigs, pinecones, seed-type debris, all sorts of plant and earth matter that could be used to cover up something. It appears to be a woodland park with lots of natural growth patterns, not a groomed city-type park.

We don’t know that. Only LE knows the time of death

LE has said as much, some just choose not to listen

They have said that they were murdered within minutes after they came in contact with the perp

I have heard anywhere from 60- 90 minutes =based on nothing but public speculation

even in that scenario they were dead before they were even officially reported missing

but that doesn't support the movie script type killing that some choose to believe

MOO

Last edited:
The cemetery question is very interesting. A recent death that brought someone back to Delphi for a funeral, a different sort of connection.

I thought so as well (interesting and astute).

We have discussed somebody visiting a gravesite, but I don’t specifically recall any discussion of the possibility of a recent funeral, I don’t think...(if I’m wrong on that apologies :) ).

Wait is that cemetery still used? Brainfart...It’s an old one though, right?

I remember a poster went there and took photos. I recall an image in my head with a chain link fence..a gap in it or something?...I obviously need to refresh my memory on all the cemetery details. I could’ve sworn I posted a history or something about it, who owns that land...(Sorry talking out loud)

Going back to catch up.

Last edited:
It could be that the perp showed up to help search because he is someone who would be expected to be there. IOW, it would raise suspicion if he did not participate in the search.

I think when perps participate in any way in searches, etc., it is out of curiosity to know what is found and also to make themselves look innocent. And it is possible Abby and Libby's killer did just that. ("You want to know what we know.") Or, he could have participated because his absence would have been noticed. Josh Phillips participated in the search for Maddie because he was her neighbor and friend and it would have looked odd if he had not participated.

Additionally there is also the incentive for creating an excuse, reason or alibi for potential evidence which may be (later) found on the perp or at his residence (say hypothetically the same type of leaves stuck in his shoes (if he were to be questioned in the future)).

Last edited:
Could certainly be. I hope that what I *think* is being depicted is accurate. I see an abnormally long chin and a cupid’s Bow mouth.
Agree, he looks clean cut, and not at all what we would expect as a monster. Of course, we have other examples of that as well in Bundy, etc.

MOO the witness would building the sketch with assistance from a large number of types of each feature, they would moving them around till they looked right. So the high mouth look should be part of their recollection.MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member