Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been on in a while, just nerding about doing my finals and came across this old interview. Ed Kemper's personality is how I imagine the perpetrator in this case may be, random but calculated; confused and disconnected.

Rsbm
What that father was already dealing with, only to find out later that he had accepted condolences from his daughter's murderer. That poor man!

Perhaps these families have accepted condolences from a killer as well?

There’s an episode on TV I saw recently about a little boy who went missing while riding his bike, I’m trying to remember the victim’s name, it’s escaping my mind atm unfortunately, anyway in that case his family set up a command center at their retail space downtown in this small town. The perp brought them coffee.

(ETA: Billy was the victim’s name I think ...blond...perp was using an alias and was on the run for another molestation charge...cops went in his house and he had fans set up everywhere blowing out the scent of decomp—-cops pretended like they didn’t notice and came back with a warrant... perp had also participated in searching as well and even commented in a news link about how horrible this, that he has a nephew the same age...)

Last edited:
Haven't been on in a while, just nerding about doing my finals and came across this old interview. Ed Kemper's personality is how I imagine the perpetrator in this case may be, random but calculated; confused and disconnected.
I have no words. To think there those like that walking among us is beyond frightening

Yes. As so many have pointed out, our memories can be shaky at best, downright wrong at worst. However, I would think a “stand out” feature like an abnormally large , or long chin would be memorable?

MOO the witness selects the pieces and moves the pieces around to try to line them up with their visual memory and overall impression. The deputy has training allowing the witness to lead the way.

MOO I am sure at the end the witness says something along the line of "that is almost right," he was also kind of young looking. "Best I can do."
MOO It is usually very good.

MOO it's enough really, in combination with any other suspicion.

Caucasian, young, 5'6- 5'10' (shorter man) looking somewhat like this sketch, clean shaven short hair on 2/13/2017, known to have connection to Delphi.

Last edited:
Perhaps this family has accepted condolences from a killer as well?

There’s an episode on TV I saw recently about a little boy who went missing while riding his bike, I’m trying to remember the victim’s name, it’s escaping my mind atm unfortunately, anyway in that case his family set up a command center at their retail space downtown in this small town. The perp brought them coffee.
Sure, it helps nourish and burnish the memory of the murder in their minds. I'm sure they find it exhilarating. I'll be exhilarated seeing them in cuffs and prison jumpsuit.

My personal opinion is that he hates women, and took his rage out on the girls.

There’s likely a reason for this; that he blames them for his own shortcomings.

By attacking those girls, he was getting back at the women who rejected him, or wronged him in some way.

Some serial killers are surprisingly introspective, and are able to explain their rationale to a degree.

Kemper and Dahmer are good examples of this.

Kemper had an overbearing mother. Do we think BG might have Mother issues too?

This is a good thought and I hear ya; the only thing with that though is that imo the outline of his gun in his jacket is very obvious. No doubt that’s a gun, moo.
MOO I agree its a gun with it's barrel to the pocket opening.
MOO, I don't think that is the handgun he drew on them though.
I think he has one in left hand under his jacket. MOO I think he is very close to Abby in the video and closes the distance in a couple seconds. Immediate violent threats to kill her cause Libby to come out of trees instead of hesitating in shelter and calling 911.

Last edited:
This was exactly the case with the Seminole Heights shooter. All his co-workers thought he looked like the sketch, but didn't believe it was actually him until he asked them to hide his gun.

I just watched Extremely Wicked... and found the focus on Bundy's girlfriend's denial interesting, although she apparently called his name in to the cops after the two girls went missing from Lake Sammamish. Despite denial, she still called his name in based on the sketch. Don't know if that was factual or theatrical.

ETA - so sorry to hear about your son, mtnlites. heartbreaking.

According to Liz, in her own book and recounts she did call in an ANON tip. She was in denial but, at the same time she was subconscious aware something was off. It's really difficult coming to grasp someone you love/trust could be a violent offender even after you witness a violent episode even.

Just met a 19 year old freshman finishing his first year of college at a school 50 miles or less from Delphi. Asked him if he knows about the case. Nope.

I would guess many people just aren't aware and are busy with life, school. college, dating, family to even bother with local news. BG's friends probably have no idea about the Delphi Murders so aren't looking at BG videos, photos or the audio.

Good day everyone. I'm sitting here sipping my morning coffee pondering the timing of an arrest in this case. I sure do anticipate it coming soon. I like the quoted post alot because it gives me a chance to shine a spotlight on a key point.

This horrific crime happened in a small town, but Delphi is only 63 miles to Indianapolis, 89 miles to Fort Wayne, and 102 miles to Chicago. As many have stated, the Perp most likely lived in Delphi at one time, or has a relative they visited enough to know the Monon bridge and trail very well, but it's also likely he is living in one of these larger nearby cities; hiding in plain sight....now with a beard.

Speaking of the BRIDGE....a term or image of a bridge can be a metaphor for "crossing over", the journey from life to death. (e.g. "he crossed the rainbow bridge"). Think of all the bridge jumpers....I think this concept is absolutely a critical element to this crime.

The good news is that sophisticated LE agencies are involved in helping solve this terrible crime, and have sophisticated profilers, data scientists, and forensic experts to analyze and bring this case to justice. It will happen, and I know we are so very anxious to see that happen; no more so than the families and the people of Delphi.

I know a case like this can be draining, even for those participating in a forum like this. I hear folks becoming frustrated with LE and the time it is taking to bring this Perp in. Many of you have made the good points that not only does it take time to analyze the forensics, but it takes time to analyze the strength of the evidence with a large panel of experts; the D.A. will want to line up a strong case to insure conviction. But, that doesn't mean the Perp isn't under surveillance in the interim.

Here's to all the dedicated LE personnel working on this tragic case. Thank you for your persistence; let's smoke this miscreant out!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Also the name Delphi itself is steeped with ancient Greek mythology.
Did BG see Delphi as a sacred land for human sacrifice? If he studies ancient religions?

Well, technically to this point imo even if foul play wasn’t suspected at the time they still could have been lost or injured and at risk due to the elements, etc. Standard Procedure imo should’ve/would’ve included thermal imaging, that’s 101 in situations like this, basic PDs as I understand it generally have access to this... was that not implemented? (Sorry I’ve obviously forgotten a lot of stuff.)

Just a guess, I have no inside knowledge or formal training. . . I would think that thermal imaging would be much more effective in more isolated areas, where a thermal hit would indicate either an animal or the person/s you are attempting to find. In this case, there must have been many people searching in and around the area. It would make it difficult, IMO, to pinpoint the two girls in such a situation. MOO

I think he has one in left hand under his jacket. MOO I think he is very close to Abby in the video and closes the distance in a couple seconds. Immediate violent threats to kill her cause Libby to come out of trees instead of hesitating in shelter and calling 911.

Re: I think the gun seen in the outline of his jacket is either in his pocket or a body holster, moo. (Sorry I know I sound like a broken record on that)

I thought so as well (interesting and astute).

We have discussed somebody visiting a gravesite, but I don’t specifically recall any discussion of the possibility of a recent funeral, I don’t think...(if I’m wrong on that apologies :) ).

Wait is that cemetery still used? Brainfart...It’s an old one though, right?

I remember a poster went there and took photos. I recall an image in my head with a chain link fence..a gap in it or something?...I obviously need to refresh my memory on all the cemetery details. I could’ve sworn I posted a history or something about it, who owns that land...(Sorry talking out loud)

Going back to catch up.

MOO its in use and has fresh flowers and flags. Someone took a drive and video'd the loop road in the cemetery to I25 on CR 300. Little talking, and it's very informative.

Last edited:
He’s dumb, remember? I just conceded today. Heehee
( @MassGuy )
Ha!

I keep calling him “stupid,” just to emphasize that I don’t think he’s highly intelligent.

He’s not a complete idiot, but probably isn’t some genius either.

Just your average Joe at best.

Also the name Delphi itself is steeped with ancient Greek mythology.
Did BG see Delphi as a sacred land for human sacrifice? If he studies ancient religions?
Oh my....very interesting speculation. I will now have to brush up on my mythology. As far fetched as this might sound, it may be worthy of LE reaching out to a history prof. for their subject expertise. Super interesting thought x_files...

Kemper had an overbearing mother. Do we think BG might have Mother issues too?

X-files, very good question.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it turns out that BG had "Mother issues".

I am willing to bet he has addiction issues.

It would not surprise me either.......

if we eventually found out that BG had perpetuated some form of "domestic battery" in the past.

I would like to make a comment about the new sketch, and forgive me if it's already been discussed (I haven't had the time to read all the threads): Could it be possible that they did get DNA from the suspect and sent it to Parabon Nanolabs for DNA Phenotyping? The results of the Phenotyping could have given them detailed information about the suspects's facial features, therefore producing the new sketch. If this is the case, then it would explain why they have 100% faith in this new sketch.

The sketch was made with the help from a witness shortly (a few days iirc) after the murders occurred.

Wow, 2:30: “the only time I ever did anything was when she and I were fighting like cats and dogs.”

(This is one heck of a video...wow)
ETA: Edmund Kemper - Wikipedia

I am somewhat confused regarding the “gun” in his pocket or pockets. The still photos I see look like there is a long barrel gun in this right front jean pocket or something that gives the illusion of a barrel but then the next picture shown side by side I see that same form on his left pant leg. I can also see what might be his right hand on a gun handle but I don’t see that as pointing up. Not sure what you all see that I don’t and maybe it’s just the distorted pixels that I see
ETA photo

Attachments

• 2F999228-109A-42BA-8EA1-D055A64487FB.jpeg
    2F999228-109A-42BA-8EA1-D055A64487FB.jpeg
    242.8 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors