Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere I read on the day of the murders there was a heavy police presence at that cemetery. Anyone know why?

That was where they all parked iirc. I can see the picture in my head. A bunch of black cars iirc parked all over there...

ETA: Sorry you said on the 13th. The photo I’m thinking of was in the daylight so must have been after, maybe the 14th.

To answer your question about the 13th, see if there’s anything here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/liberty-german-and-abigail-williams-scanner-thread.333467/

(Not discussable upstairs of course.)

Last edited:
I never heard that. There was a huge LE presence there the day they were found. moo

Yeah I haven't seen photos of heavy LE presence on the night of the 13th, Many resources were pulled in on the 14th IIRC

I guess it depends on what the definition of heavy is, As i'm sure there were local LE in the area between say 6 and midnight on the 13th

IIRC, there was confusion because of a comment RL made about his farm being lite up with searchlights the "night before".

People thought he was talking about the 13th but actually it was the 14th, after the bodies were found.

moo

LE has said as much, some just choose not to listen

They have said that they were murdered within minutes after they came in contact with the perp

I have heard anywhere from 60- 90 minutes =based on nothing but public speculation

even in that scenario they were dead before they were even officially reported missing

but that doesn't support the movie script type killing that some choose to believe

MOO
Apologies, I did not see that formal statement on death timing from LE.
If you have it at your fingertips, can you please post. That timing says a lot, as you have already deduced.
Thank you.

Prolly because they thought the girls would be easily found, or were runaways on an adventure. Who would ever think of this horrific crime in such a Mom-and-Apple-pie little town?

Amateur opinion and speculation.

Well, technically to this point imo even if foul play wasn’t suspected at the time they still could have been lost or injured and at risk due to the elements, etc. Standard Procedure imo should’ve/would’ve included thermal imaging, that’s 101 in situations like this, basic PDs as I understand it generally have access to this... was that not implemented? (Sorry I’ve obviously forgotten a lot of stuff.)

Last edited:
LE has said as much, some just choose not to listen

They have said that they were murdered within minutes after they came in contact with the perp

I have heard anywhere from 60- 90 minutes =based on nothing but public speculation

even in that scenario they were dead before they were even officially reported missing

but that doesn't support the movie script type killing that some choose to believe

MOO

Replied to add:

A lot of blame is being misplaced in this case in my opinion

BG is solely responsible for this crime and It kind of irks me when people try to place blame on public servants, families of the victims and volunteers who wanted nothing but to find those girls and return them safely to their loved ones!

I think they have all likely suffered immensely, and I for one find the public ridicule unfounded and totally misplaced!

MOO the witness would building the sketch with assistance from a large number of types of each feature, they would moving them around till they looked right. So the high mouth look should be part of their recollection.MOO
Yes. As so many have pointed out, our memories can be shaky at best, downright wrong at worst. However, I would think a “stand out” feature like an abnormally large , or long chin would be memorable?

Well, technically to this point imo even if foul play wasn’t suspected at the time and they still could have been lost or injured and at risk due to the elements, etc. Standard Procedure imo should’ve/would’ve included thermal imaging, that’s 101 in situations like this, basic PDs as I understand it generally have access to this... was that not implemented? (Sorry I’ve obviously forgotten a lot of stuff.)
With such a small town they might have felt very insulated from this type of occurrence, and figured the girls would reappear on their own. Tragically, not the case. It does appear Abby’s Mom had terrible foreboding from the onset. Mom’s often know...

I also remember the word "targeted" used, but can't recall where.

And this is HIGHLY UNLIKELY, but I've occasionally considered that if this was an impulsive act, perhaps he didn't have a gun at all, but had his hand in his pocket and told them he had one there. They were only 13 and 14 years old, alone, isolated, and probably too scared to question it?

This is a good thought and I hear ya; the only thing with that though is that imo the outline of his gun in his jacket is very obvious. No doubt that’s a gun, moo.

I would like to make a comment about the new sketch, and forgive me if it's already been discussed (I haven't had the time to read all the threads): Could it be possible that they did get DNA from the suspect and sent it to Parabon Nanolabs for DNA Phenotyping? The results of the Phenotyping could have given them detailed information about the suspects's facial features, therefore producing the new sketch. If this is the case, then it would explain why they have 100% faith in this new sketch.

I would like to make a comment about the new sketch, and forgive me if it's already been discussed (I haven't had the time to read all the threads): Could it be possible that they did get DNA from the suspect and sent it to Parabon Nanolabs for DNA Phenotyping? The results of the Phenotyping could have given them detailed information about the suspects's facial features, therefore producing the new sketch. If this is the case, then it would explain why they have 100% faith in this new sketch.

I don't think so. If that happened I think we'd know. Instead, we're told the sketch was made just days after the murders. moo

I want to apologize for being extremely snippy earlier. I got frustrated because first it was mentioned there was a discussion on SM and asked if the person could be discussed and rules on that were linked but I said I’d flag a mod to clarify if “incarcerated suspects” do in fact still apply.

Then what sounded to me like random initials I had never heard of as being a player directly related to the case was brought up again and that to me sounded like rules being purposely broken and I didn’t want the thread to get shut down.

I see now in hindsight that the question in itself is actually a very good question and could have just been addressed legally and easily by just linking the msm and asking if that perp was in custody during the time of the PC. Because it is a reasonable question.

From Nicole’s thread, re: that perp’s date of arrest:

Anyway, just wanted to clear the air on that.

As for sleuthing that suspect independently, the discussion is active on Nicole’s thread.
Here in the UK, the murderer of two little girls (Ian Huntley) set out chairs for the presser and offered his condolences there to one of the little girl's father. It definitely happens.

I don't even have the words for that. And even if I did, they wouldn't be worthy to be posted. Haunting is the only one that comes to mind that I can type/share. What that father was already dealing with, only to find out later that he had accepted condolences from his daughter's murderer. That poor man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassie1678