Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #105

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some posts back, I had indicated that I wanted to post the Minivan Traveler interview with Carter. I received word from Tricia today that I could do so.

The slideshow and the Google maps are interesting.

Here's the link:

Dear crhedBngr,

Thank you for this link and the accompanying information with it!

You are greatly appreciated!

This is possible and I suppose would line up with some of Carter's statements (although there's sometimes a fog of war around what he states) - even if some of what Carter says you hear in many other cases such as 'hiding in plain sight' etc.

However, it seems very risky to 'inject' yourself into an investigation and give statements that would physically place yourself in the park on the day of the murders.

I'm guessing (like others here have postulated) that the sketch drawn within days of the murders was discounted just b/c it didn't really correlate to the other witness descriptions.

I keep wondering over and over what could have changed to believe the guy was indeed younger than originally thought (or at least appeared younger). There has to be something that came up (witness) or some kind of result (DNA or whatever) between Feb and Apr 2019 right?

Seems to me that they're hoping someone will recognize BG's mannerisms and come forward.

Anyone think they'll release more audio/video?
I agree it would be risky to insert one's self into an investigation. Could be a senario like I know a person(s) saw me, since I'm a known person in town and could be easily tracked down at some point, I can come forward and give a vague description of someone from a distance wearing my clothes. Again I'm not saying it happened just that it could be possible as way out of having been seen in the park that day.

But I feel like there is probably more video of him walking the bridge? IDK. Just speculating.

RSBM

Maybe not. Maybe that's all there is. Libby was catching the video of him while he was still pretty far away, while it was safe and he didn't see what she was doing. His head was down, watching his steps on the uneven surface. Could be that as he got nearer, she hid the phone (sock, pocket, bra?) so he'd have no idea she'd caught him on video. She was smart enough, though, to not stop recording. I'm thinking after that short clip of him walking, only the audio is available.
MOO

OT but in regards to The Shack...here I was assuming it was some sort of crime/murder mystery movie. Was not expecting it to be a Christian movie, haha.

Yeah, it's a "Christian film" based on a very popular book that also falls under "Christian fiction." One of the reasons why this particular film got such a wide screening was because of Tim McGraw and because it did have kind of that "mystery" feel to it. It's not really a mystery, but there's enough going on in it that it appealed to a wider audience. God's Not Dead, Son of God, Miracles from Heaven, Breakthrough, Heaven is for Real-all similar types of films marketed to the same kind of audience. Which, you know, good to have something for everyone. I am not into faith-based films, but I watch them just so that I'm able to have conversations about them.

What set THE SHACK apart from others is that it was projected to gross around $10 million. That would've helped it recoup its budget. Instead, it's grossed close to $100 million. By the end of 2017, it had already grossed $87 million. So yes, it did much better than people thought. It's not a Marvel movie, but for its genre it was pretty successful.

FYI, lots of famous people have referenced it. Stephen King wrote about it in Full Dark, No Stars. That book came out in 2010-7 years before the Delphi murders.

My apologies if this already has been answered somewhere – I may have missed it. How does one exit the bridge at the south end, to the driveway or trail or whatever-it-is? Is there a ramp, or stairs, or a several-foot drop to the ground, or is the bridge at ground level? In all the photos I've seen looking north from the south, not one seems to illustrate the very end of the bridge. TY!

There is a road that accesses the last house on CR 625. It comes north from Highway 421 and then raps east going under the south end if the MHB to access the last houses in CR 625, which are up the creek ravine and on the southern bank of Deer Creek and east of he MHB.

There is also the RR right of way land which continues on south and parallel to CR 625. The ROW is brushy, the brush peters in the field land just north of the church on road 200.

There is also some kind of informal trail going west breaking off CR 625 crossing Bridge creek and continuing west until coming out to I25.

Last edited:
My apologies if this already has been answered somewhere – I may have missed it. How does one exit the bridge at the south end, to the driveway or trail or whatever-it-is? Is there a ramp, or stairs, or a several-foot drop to the ground, or is the bridge at ground level? In all the photos I've seen looking north from the south, not one seems to illustrate the very end of the bridge. TY!

There is a slight ramp of earth that goes off the end of the bridge. There's one tiny step down, but it's mostly even with the ground. No stairs, as such. No big drop.

Did anyone else hear about the 26 year old Kentucky pastor arrested today trying to solicit two under age girls on SM.
It jumped out at me when I saw his image and also because of all the talk in this case regarding religion/The Shack .
I don’t know how to link the article here but it’s public news all over the internet. His town is about 5 hours from Delphi . Just interesting IMO.

Did anyone else hear about the 26 year old Kentucky pastor arrested today trying to solicit two under age girls on SM.
It jumped out at me when I saw his image and also because of all the talk in this case regarding religion/The Shack .
I don’t know how to link the article here but it’s public news all over the internet. His town is about 5 hours from Delphi . Just interesting IMO.

Prestonsburg is at the far eastern part of our state. It is closer (as in 15 minutes) to West Virginia than to Indiana. And further than 5 hours. I don't think they're related at all. Dig enough and you're going to similar stories-and those are just the ones who got caught.

If that is the case then they would know who BG is IMO. They have to know who all the witnesses are that have contributed to both sketches. Unless a witness is now dead and so they cannot question them any more about their version of the sketch?
This information, given in this interview:
"Carter said that during his most recent press conference about the case two weeks ago that he's 110% convinced the person who committed the murders was watching."

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

Why not just say I'm 100% convinced or why not just say I'm convinced? Why say 110%? Did ISP Carter look at the sign-in sheet before coming out to talk? Did other LE present confirm someone being there? Why say he could be in this room? That one really got the hairs on the back of my neck standing and I was thousands of miles away. Saying you're 100% sure of something is enough to convey certainty to whom you're addressing that your word is true. What then is saying you're 110% convinced that something is so? Eyeballing the killer as you speak?

I'm really starting to think on this differently. I think ISP Carter is a very no-nonsense and professional man. I don't think he embellishes. I don't think he's theatrical or a drama queen. JMO

I wasn't suggesting it be deleted. I was actually very interested to know if there was a source - maybe from the families?

From the families, I thought I read MP saying that Libby put up a fight, but maybe I misunderstood? If so, I'd like to.get a better idea, it is important. Either she fought, and then someone should have had some scratches, or, she did not have the time, and then he simply got rid of everything that could have his DNA.

But about criminal DNA, he knows more that I do. Because if the LE are still sorting DNAs out (This was in mainstream news - I think the LE's name started with H, he said something along the lines, they needed to sort whose DNA was whose, or something like it)..., it means, BG got rid of at least some contaminated items. And I, for example, would not know how to do it, how to get rid of evidence.

Question, where did he find it out? Criminology classes, books or Google searches?

Last edited:
This information, given in this interview:
"Carter said that during his most recent press conference about the case two weeks ago that he's 110% convinced the person who committed the murders was watching."

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

Why not just say I'm 100% convinced or why not just say I'm convinced? Why say 110%? Did ISP Carter look at the sign-in sheet before coming out to talk? Did other LE present confirm someone being there? Why say he could be in this room? That one really got the hairs on the back of my neck standing and I was thousands of miles away. Saying you're 100% sure of something is enough to convey certainty to whom you're addressing that your word is true. What then is saying you're 110% convinced that something is so? Eyeballing the killer as you speak?

I'm really starting to think on this differently. I think ISP Carter is a very no-nonsense and professional man. I don't think he embellishes. I don't think he's theatrical or a drama queen. JMO

I think they may have some kind of information that makes them think that BG has been following every detail of this case and investigation. I don't know what that may be. It's not uncommon for killers to act really interested in the news and stuff, but Carter sure sounded confident.

OMG, what a shame.

Did police say either girl put up a fight? My impression was that L’s grandfather said she would put up a fight, was a fighter, etc...but not that it was known she did, or had an opportunity to do so. Also we have no idea whether or not blood was present at the scene.
I think it’s a natural response to want to defend yourself. Especially in situations like this. I’m sure both girls put up the fight of their lives.

Wow, he'll be getting swabbed and tested.

Ok now, that new interview tells me when he says “somewhere between the two” he is referring to the 2 sketches. If that is the case I wonder if OBG’s witness was actually Libby’s video? Did the people with the FBI or Disney do a sketch based on what they think they see in the video? There just looks like such an age difference.
I think the old BG sketch was based on the witnesses, the video, and some type of forensic sketch software.

Prestonsburg is at the far eastern part of our state. It is closer (as in 15 minutes) to West Virginia than to Indiana. And further than 5 hours. I don't think they're related at all. Dig enough and you're going to similar stories-and those are just the ones who got caught.
These kind of arrests are where the DNA family tree research can help clear people or connect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member