Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #112

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion, but I don’t think BG has any type of nerve damage or neurological disorder. I would think someone challenged in that way would steer clear of high railroad bridges in disrepair. I think, as LE stated, his odd gait is due to the poor state of the bridge.
As far as OCD, I would consider myself a real-world expert as one of children has it. Trying to diagnose it by gait would be really stretching things.
This video by BrainScratch includes a clip GH did of the bridge video. Instead of keeping BG in place, as we see in the clip LE released, he kept the bridge in place, which made BG's walk look much more natural. The narrator starts talking about it around the 16:40 mark and then shows the clip.

She bombarded us actually so I disagree we bombarded her. It was a flurry of activity and that is always interesting. Imagine how many emails she got if her profile has email alerts activated? That's enough to put a new poster off straightaway :)

Well, this forum has verified insiders, I wonder if WS could invite her to become the one?

The first night the girls got given the teenage treatment, first assumption was they were at friends and hadn't called, second that they ran away.
I'm sure the decision to think that and to stop the official searching through the night haunts the investigators still. I put myself in the family's shoes, I would have felt abandoned at my most desperate time. They never should have called off the search that night, that's just how I feel. I whole-heartedly support LE, they really made a bad call though. AJMO

Yes. I agree that the police were slow to realize they were faced with the worst case scenario. They had their assumptions that night. Of course due to national news the while country was watching and very surprised that the official search was called off.
And if the whole Country/Countries wasn't watching! what would have happened then? The law is fully accountable and responsible for following their own procedures. Not FFS waking up in the morning and thinking lets start the search at 10 am after a good nights sleep. Like someone above said my dog is walked at the crack of dawn and if he was missing I would be out all night
Yes. I agree that the police were slow to realize they were faced with the worst case scenario. They had their assumptions that night. Of course due to national news the while country was watching and very surprised that the official search was called off.
Forgive my short reply it is not aimed at you. Complacency and assumption is a mixture of two very dangerous things LE should never be complacent nor should they assume anything. They are the people all over the World that most law abiding citizens trust in their time of need.

They shouldn't be slow they should be on the ball and use common sense and not jump to conclusions or assumptions.

The fact is if the Girls had a history of runaway tendencies then fine. Once again willing to be pointed in the right direction. This could be something LE know and we don't.

If the Girls didn't have runaway tendencies then the decision to call off the official search was Inappropriate, Naive, Complacent, Careless and Very Wrong and lacked anything but Common Sense.

Short reply got longer as fingers tapped away at the keyboard

MIngyMoo

Last edited:
This video by BrainScratch includes a clip GH did of the bridge video. Instead of keeping BG in place, as we see in the clip LE released, he kept the bridge in place, which made BG's walk look much more natural. The narrator starts talking about it around the 16:40 mark and then shows the clip.

What strikes me as very important and a bit eerie is Sheriff Leazenby saying he's heard BG's voice before. For him to even mention that to an interviewer means he's pretty certain and wracking his brain about it. Otherwise he would never have said that. IMO

I'm sure the decision to think that and to stop the official searching through the night haunts the investigators still. I put myself in the family's shoes, I would have felt abandoned at my most desperate time. They never should have called off the search that night, that's just how I feel. I whole-heartedly support LE, they really made a bad call though. AJMO
Riley talks about the searches in this interview, beginning around the 11:00 mark. It sounds like ISP wasn't asked to get involved until the next morning, with a request for a helicopter coming in around 8am, which couldn't take off until 9am due to foggy conditions in the area.

What strikes me as very important and a bit eerie is Sheriff Leazenby saying he's heard BG's voice before. For him to even mention that to an interviewer means he's pretty certain and wracking his brain about it. Otherwise he would never have said that. IMO
That statement does seem significant. He could know it from a thousand different occurrences, from an every day encounter, to a previous criminal case. It would be frustrating as h*ll. But it also has to mean it isn't somebody he's had extremely regular contact with, or he'd have known right away. IMO

Forensics. Keep gathering samples and testing. IMO

I would retrace it from the beginning, doubting every position of own theory.

They asked to be driven to the bridge. It happened several times during the week, BP says. Someone saw BG there for several days. Did they agree to meet, and was he waiting for them, for several days? Why the bridge?

Abby was never on the bridge before, is it true? Could it be so that the photograph of her on the bridge was taken on another day and merely posted on that day? )Unlikely, since Libby was using BP’s phone, but still).

Was it an attack, or did he lure them down the hill ?

The whole timeframe of murders. Is there a scenario according to which they were alive in the evening of 2/13? Where could they be kept?

LE went with a non-local and a different photo. Why? Who persuaded them?

Who persuaded them to abandon a non-local theory? Could “the local” theory still be wrong? The local narrows the circle. What non-local could know enough about the bridge, and the girls? What would tie a nonlocal to the Monon bridge?

Check everyone who was initially less than cooperative. Why?

Who told LE that the girls had the history of running away? Did they call CPS, or was it the girls’ friend, relative, or friend’s person?

Etc, etc. they can’t get much information two years later, they have to sieve through the facts of that day.

I’d show the photo to the neurologists at Mayo Clinic, they always post stuff about the gait. Ask them if they see something off. And maybe, to local neurologists - did they see someone consulting them who’d walk like this?

Possibly the help at a retail sales counter.
MOO that is the kind of patchy memory that comes into to play, can't put your finger on. Getting coffee at the gas station etc.

And if the whole Country/Countries wasn't watching! what would have happened then? The law is fully accountable and responsible for following their own procedures. Not FFS waking up in the morning and thinking lets start the search at 10 am after a good nights sleep. Like someone above said my dog is walked at the crack of dawn and if he was missing I would be out all night

Forgive my short reply it is not aimed at you. Complacency and assumption is a mixture of two very dangerous things LE should never be complacent nor should they assume anything. They are the people all over the World that most law abiding citizens trust in their time of need.

They shouldn't be slow they should be on the ball and use common sense and not jump to conclusions or assumptions.

The fact is if the Girls had a history of runaway tendencies then fine. Once again willing to be pointed in the right direction. This could be something LE know and we don't.

If the Girls didn't have runaway tendencies then the decision to call off the official search was Inappropriate, Naive, Complacent, Careless and Very Wrong and lacked anything but Common Sense.

MIngyMoo

If they didn’t have runaway tendencies, who told the LE they did?

Possibly the help at a retail sales counter.
MOO that is the kind of patchy memory that comes into to play, can't put your finger on. Getting coffee at the gas station etc.

Or a recorded greeting... is there a local church, hospital, Indiana packers switchboard, college, shop, etc, that detective would call and it would have the greeting with this voice? Pharmacy?

Riley talks about the searches in this interview, beginning around the 11:00 mark. It sounds like ISP wasn't asked to get involved until the next morning, with a request for a helicopter coming in around 8am, which couldn't take off until 9am due to foggy conditions in the area.

He also mentions the figure regarding 1,000 searchers at the 10 minute point and the contamination as being a reason they didn't use tracking dogs.

MIngyMoo
For me, the question is: Why would one or both of the girls have a runaway history?

Please don't ask me to go back to 2017 there was a mutation somewhere in the first few days from someone somewhere weather official LE or Family perhaps thread 1 of 112 . I saw mention of it and took no notice.

MingyMoo

Just curious....why the MingyMoo tag when ur username is posted at the top of the message? There are some tendencies (acronyms, rules, deleted posts, and others) here i havent experienced on other forums. Im here a lot these days and am just trying to get a feel and understanding. Is it an automatic signature or something?

Just curious....why the MingyMoo tag when ur username is posted at the top of the message? There are some tendencies (acronyms, rules, deleted posts, and others) here i havent experienced on other forums. Im here a lot these days and am just trying to get a feel and understanding. Is it an automatic signature or something?

No idea i don't have a tag or a signature block. The only posts i have edited are my own after re-reading and contemplating I sometimes sign MM or MingyMoo

I hope that helps

MingyMoo

Now I have edited to say I do not delete my posts If a MoD has I am sure they wouldn't be slow in informing me they had done so.

Last edited:
No idea i don't have a tag or a signature block. The only posts i have edited are my own after re-reading and contemplating I sometimes sign MM or MingyMoo

I hope that helps

MingyMoo

Thanks! Thats my question...why sign it when ur username is already above the post? It seems more formal, but I thought there might have been a reason for it. I wasnt trying to imply you edit or delete other's posts, i was just adding those other oddites ive seen and wondered about. Im still trying to figure out the interface, and norms here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!