Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. There's a general rule to figuring out how long it will take to hike a certain distance:
Naismith's rule - Wikipedia
Basically, if walking at normal pace, on fairly even terrain, it should take 20-30 minutes to walk a mile. A mile is 5280 feet. To figure out the time for any distance, I use this formula: if x = the number of feet walked, the formula for 20 minutes/mile would be: x(20)/5280. For 30 minutes/mile would be x(30)/5280. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. A math wiz I am not.

It's right about 2000 ft. from where the girls were dropped off to the SC photo spot on the bridge. 2000(20)/5280=~7.6 min. Going slower - 2000(30)/5280=~11.4 min. This does NOT reflect time the girls may have spent taking pictures, dawdling, whatever. And that's important to remember. It's speculation for us. LE probably has this information.

In any case, even if they got on the trail at 1:45pm (and it could have been earlier), it took them over 20 minutes to get to that spot on the bridge, according to the infamous 2:07 SC time. That's double the time it would take on the long end of the range of a normal hike.

Part of me thinks they could have messed around and wasted that much time. Part of me thinks not. Part of me wonders if they hiked the trail below the bridge or to Freedom Bridge first. And part of me wonders if something slowed them down before getting to the high bridge, like an early encounter with BG or something. Who knows.

I'll let you do some math figuring out the other distances. ;)
Excellent work!!!!!!!! There is nothing I like more than the cold hard numbers!!!

OK. I think they would have been on the slower spectrum, 11.4 minutes. I don't think they went there to be power walkers/hikers. Plus I remember being that age and going from point A to point B was never a straight line or the least path of resistance. There would be plenty of goofing off on the way! And right, maybe they didn't go straight to the bridge but rather walked around the trails a little more first.

Hmmm..maybe they did encounter BG which caused them to make a detour. Instead of a straight line to the bridge, a longer route...

How do your figures work for instance: 1) From where BG is seen on the bridge in Libby's video to the crime scene area? 2) Crime scene area to trailhead. 3) Crime scene area to CPS building.

Of course I'm not asking you to do all of that work, I'm more speaking to myself here. But I will use your formula's to try to figure it out.

Great work on that!

Excellent work!!!!!!!! There is nothing I like more than the cold hard numbers!!!

OK. I think they would have been on the slower spectrum, 11.4 minutes. I don't think they went there to be power walkers/hikers. Plus I remember being that age and going from point A to point B was never a straight line or the least path of resistance. There would be plenty of goofing off on the way! And right, maybe they didn't go straight to the bridge but rather walked around the trails a little more first.

Hmmm..maybe they did encounter BG which caused them to make a detour. Instead of a straight line to the bridge, a longer route...

How do your figures work for instance: 1) From where BG is seen on the bridge in Libby's video to the crime scene area? 2) Crime scene area to trailhead. 3) Crime scene area to CPS building.

Of course I'm not asking you to do all of that work, I'm more speaking to myself here. But I will use your formula's to try to figure it out.

Great work on that!
Here are the distances from bridge video to CS, back to trail through the woods, and back to CPS lot. Since there are infinite routes he could have taken back, it's impossible to say, but this give some idea the distance from A to B.

Attachments

• Distance2.JPG
    Distance2.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 18
Forgive me if it has been discussed previously, but i have seen and read compelling arguments elsewhere that Libby and Abby were not found a half a mile from the bridge as some news stations, and even ISP, i believe, has stated publicly.

Rather, they were found about a half mile from where they were dropped off. They were not that far from the bridge. Thoughts? What is actually true?

Link?

I agree, i think they have said this as well, but when i looked quickly i didnt see it.
At the 4/22 presser Carter says the “suspect” is walking on the bridge, and then shortly thereafter says the new sketch is the killer. So maybe it’s a leap to say that they have said BG is the killer... although pretty sure they have. Just don’t have any more time to look.

Forgive me if it has been discussed previously, but i have seen and read compelling arguments elsewhere that Libby and Abby were not found a half a mile from the bridge as some news stations, and even ISP, i believe, has stated publicly.

Rather, they were found about a half mile from where they were dropped off. They were not that far from the bridge. Thoughts? What is actually true?
I remember early news reports showing the girls being found further east, basically right below RL's house instead of below the cemetery. Some were saying that spot was a half mile up river, which, as the river flows, would be correct.

However, if the girls were actually found in the currently accepted location just south of the cemetery, than as the crow flies, that is approx. a half mile from the drop off location.

I hope that makes sense. I've seen conflicting reports, as well.

I visited the MyCase site today and was able to see the estate filings for each girl. I can see where each Administrator of their estates has filed to have access to their girls media sites (AT&T, Google, etc.,). This made me really sad to learn that a lawyer has to file paperwork to request such info. It is their child!
I am curious as to how long it takes for this request to be granted.
The site for Indiana is below. It's been shared before.
Case Search - MyCase

Here are the distances from bridge video to CS, back to trail through the woods, and back to CPS lot. Since there are infinite routes he could have taken back, it's impossible to say, but this give some idea the distance from A to B.
Thank you!!

At the 4/22 presser Carter says the “suspect” is walking on the bridge, and then shortly thereafter says the new sketch is the killer. So maybe it’s a leap to say that they have said BG is the killer... although pretty sure they have. Just don’t have any more time to look.
I'll carry this forward from @sunshineray 's post:

The ISP have stated he is the killer of Abby and Libby. Why the doubting what they've told the public? I don't understand?

"Please keep in mind that the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls" Carter said. "This is not two people speaking. Please listen to it very, very carefully."

“When you see the video, watch the person’s mannerisms as they walk,” ISP Supt. Doug Carter said. “Do you recognize the mannerisms as being someone that you might know?”

"The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch... is the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls," Carter said."

ISP says new audio, video and sketch shows Delphi killer

The ISP have stated he is the killer of Abby and Libby. Why the doubting what they've told the public? I don't understand?

"Please keep in mind that the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls" Carter said. "This is not two people speaking. Please listen to it very, very carefully."

“When you see the video, watch the person’s mannerisms as they walk,” ISP Supt. Doug Carter said. “Do you recognize the mannerisms as being someone that you might know?”

"The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch... is the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls," Carter said."

Excellent! Thanks!

Every time I see this it really brings the reality of it all back to me. It is so blatant and straight forward.

5c5fc0ee9e0d6.image.jpg

Photo Source: Carroll County prosecutor plans to keep Delphi teen girls’ homicides in the public eye

Link?

I agree, i think they have said this as well, but when i looked quickly i didnt see it.
I provided a link. Go back a few pages. There are many other links that have also been provided along the way by many posters. Listen to the April PC. The NBG sketch is the face of BG captured in Libby's video and the voice of the audio captured. That person, according to ISP is the killer of Abby Williams and Libby German. If you choose not to believe what the ISP has told the public, maybe you should state exactly why?

I provided a link. Go back a few pages. There are many other links that have also been provided along the way by many posters. Listen to the April PC. The NBG sketch is the face of BG captured in Libby's video and the voice of the audio captured. That person, according to ISP is the killer of Abby Williams and Libby German. If you choose not to believe what the ISP has told the public, maybe you should state exactly why?

I do believe what ISP has said. Not sure where u got that i didnt or that is what is what i implied by asking for a source/link. Even in the post you qouted I state that I believe LE said it....it being BG was the 1 suspect and their killer. At no point did I not believe what ISP said in regards to this. Maybe you should look again?

I did question the distance from the bridge in which the girls were found....but that wasnt what you quoted and nor did i say i didnt believe them.

@ScumbagTrav

SBT I think I have done this right

MM

If you choose not to believe what the ISP has told the public, maybe you should state exactly why?

I dont know where u got that I didnt and dont believe ISP. Am i missing something? I cant state why i dont believe them, because I do believe them. ‍ even in post of mine u qouted im agreeing with someone... who agrees with you. I just couldn't find it when i quickly looked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring