Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind, carry on...

Just a theory I had about two perps but who knows at this point.
With apologies to all....my reference to 'Groundhog Day' when it comes to discussing two perps on the last page was unnecessary and I didn't mean to deter others from posting their thoughts.

I was just being cranky! I don't like hearing what I interpret as conflicting information from LE on this case, but some info is better than none.

I encourage you to post your theory here.

JMO

Hubby and I bought a little cabin in the woods a few years ago near a lake and my 14 year old daughter and her BFF have always enjoyed perusing the woods and water via hiking, walks, fishing, kayaking etc. Undoubtedly they are more familiar with the area than either of us because of the freedom they’ve had to endlessly explore. I agree that BG is someone who is familiar with the area and likely knows more about the lay of the land than others.
In my day, back in the dinosaur ages, this type of place or experience would have been the place where teenagers go to drink, smoke or just hang out. Didn’t Ron Logan suggest at some point that friends of his son or grandson would have grown up there and been acquainted with the area?
Perhaps our social distancing would entice BG to return to the area particularly this time of year as the weather warms and there’s not really much else to do? Fingers crossed. If I lived in the area I would have cameras everywhere and I hope the kiddos who visit are armed with tasers and pepper spray. My girls are because of this case and my husband has them set with high quality walkie talkies otherwise I wouldn't be able to permit them out of my sight. IMO

With apologies to all....my reference to 'Groundhog Day' when it comes to discussing two perps on the last page was unnecessary and I didn't mean to deter others from posting their thoughts.

I was just being cranky! I don't like hearing what I interpret as conflicting information from LE on this case, but some info is better than none.

I encourage you to post your theory here.

JMO

It's not your fault.

I get stir crazy with this case, periodically. Then LE says something in an interview, we discuss it here, my mind starts wandering about some of the "what ifs?". I have a pretty active imagination.

JMO

Hubby and I bought a little cabin in the woods a few years ago near a lake and my 14 year old daughter and her BFF have always enjoyed perusing the woods and water via hiking, walks, fishing, kayaking etc. Undoubtedly they are more familiar with the area than either of us because of the freedom they’ve had to endlessly explore. I agree that BG is someone who is familiar with the area and likely knows more about the lay of the land than others.
In my day, back in the dinosaur ages, this type of place or experience would have been the place where teenagers go to drink, smoke or just hang out. Didn’t Ron Logan suggest at some point that friends of his son or grandson would have grown up there and been acquainted with the area?
Perhaps our social distancing would entice BG to return to the area particularly this time of year as the weather warms and there’s not really much else to do? Fingers crossed. If I lived in the area I would have cameras everywhere and I hope the kiddos who visit are armed with tasers and pepper spray. My girls are because of this case and my husband has them set with high quality walkie talkies otherwise I wouldn't be able to permit them out of my sight. IMO

My $.02 about BG returning...

Entirely plausible and rational to think he's been back. Why do I think this? It's such a low-traffic place, really, especially when the Andersons grain complex is deserted.

At this point in this crazy case, I think just about anything is possible regarding BG's behaviors since the murders and the possibility of returning to the bridge area. Some killers do like to relive their deeds, from what I gather. Would be easy to park on the other side of 25, walk the Freedom Bridge, then the trail to the bridge like any other local or tourist.

JMO

I got past that idea of the girls outrunning him pretty quickly, what with a gun most likely in the equation. It is easy to speculate what they could have done from the safety of our livingrooms, but quite another to be in the moment in such a terrifying situation. I think to myself, wouldn't it have been nice if they had tried to re-cross the bridge or try and push him over it, or made a run for it, but then I would think, being paralyzed in terror and not being able to breath let alone think trumps everything most times.

A very good point.

Burner Phones

By getting that front page story in the Comet and some of the new information given by the Sheriff in the interview, it may have gotten the perpetrators talking on their cell phones and LE was listening. Glad that BG and anyone who helped him have to live looking over their shoulders and using burner phones. LE should see who has bought a lot of burner phones on Amazon or Walmart in the last 3 years.

The population of Delphi 2,891.
How is it possible this guy is a "local" and isn't recognized?

That is a good question. In terms of hindsight over the past 3 years it certainly makes one wonder if the killer is from Delphi, IN or the surrounding local area. It was understandable to think that at the beginning. To not broaden your horizons at this point is a little strange. I think the sketches are both wrong and if the killer is ever caught he will probably not look like either sketch and probably not be from Delphi, IN.

By local, I think of other small towns near Delphi. Flora, Camden, Cutler, Burlington, or rural areas of Carroll County.

Also consider someone who was a former resident but now resides in Logansport, Peru, Monticello, Lafayette, etc. Or possibly works in Delphi but lives elsewhere.

Indiana Packers has something like 2,200 employees and not all of them live in Delphi. Just for example.

A lot of this mirrors my experiences. Except maybe judging distances. Hunting in the woods and swamps of LA, the ability to judge a distance over 50-100 yards wasn't really needed, especially when hunting with a shotgun or bow. So I never was really great at that aspect. I didn't learn anything about map reading till boy scouts, but then I picked it up quickly. It came in handy when playing that forerunner to paintball, Capture the Flag, in the woods at night. I wonder how much of this is in military training now with handheld GPS devices in use. Even the Navy did away with celestial navigation training at the Naval Academy around 2000. It's only been in the last 3-4 years that they brought it back.

BTW, I would not be surprised if BG has prior army or Navy experience, because, strictly per my opinion, in the Army, structurized environment, rules, regulations and systematic pattern of decision-making might be de-stressing for many. And this helps psychopaths to keep their thought in check. I do not imply that the Army atmosphere is relaxing, far from it, but for obsessive neurotics, perhaps, there are fewer “what ifs?” in the army, because someone has already thought of an answer for all your ruminations. And there is the chain of command, and “the commander knows more“. And of course, Army teaches great survival skills, and if you want to stay, you develop social skills, too. And it also, nolens volens, makes people think realistically, as there is no time to explore own imaginary world.

I wonder if many enter remission when in the army, and it may be especially true for obsessive, introverted psychopaths, but after discharge, such people can go downhill quickly. The structure is gone, and they are left to own decision-making. And slowly, it all gets eroded from the inside, but may still appear perfectly put together on the outside, helping a very sick person look fine and “hide in plain sight”.
JMO.

Suggestion: Man A with mental illnesses (Plural!) and man B, lifelong used to handle man A's illnesses. Age difference only a few years, both not "boys" any more. MOO and speculation.

Could be, and it, too, creates the environment for shared psychosis. It is shocking how psychotic the healthy handler might be when with the ill one, and how rapidly he normalizes when they are separated. But sometimes, at initial evaluation, it is hard to tell who is the source of psychosis.

Another interesting situation is when these two people are twins. Of course identical twins are the same genetically, but even fraternal ones...perhaps listening to each other’s heartbeats in utero creates special bond.

By local, I think of other small towns near Delphi. Flora, Camden, Cutler, Burlington, or rural areas of Carroll County.

Also consider someone who was a former resident but now resides in Logansport, Peru, Monticello, Lafayette, etc. Or possibly works in Delphi but lives elsewhere.

Indiana Packers has something like 2,200 employees and not all of them live in Delphi. Just for example.

Interesting you bring up IP.

Today's local news in Fort Wayne highlighted the meat plant closings in Delphi and Logansport, mainly Logansport because apparently a bunch of people here in FW work there. It's 80 miles away.

Some Burmese and Hispanic immigrants commute back and forth to the plant in Logansport, every day. Makes me wonder how far away some of the workers at the plant in Delphi live, gosh I didn't know how many employees IP had. Wow. Must be a lot of folks from outside Carroll County work there.

Thanks for the head's up.

I don’t think they are a cult if there are two. I think one needed the other to help accomplish the murders. The motive could be personal on the part of one of them. If it is one person involved it is probably not his first time and he feels smarter than LE because he has not been charged in any previous cases.

Not really a “cult cult”, but if they don’t live under the same roof, there is less shared psychosis; however, one might still have overvalued ideas (bizarre even), and the other genuinely subscribes to them. Out of admiration, the desire to be accepted, loved, even.

And this would create the scenario with two killers who don’t live under the same roof, and yet keep silent. It happens if they are bonded by some shared idea, no matter how weird, and killed with this idea in mind. They are the keepers of own secret world.

Today's local news in Fort Wayne highlighted the meat plant closings in Delphi and Logansport, mainly Logansport because apparently a bunch of people here in FW work there. It's 80 miles away.

Some Burmese and Hispanic immigrants commute back and forth to the plant in Logansport, every day. Makes me wonder how far away some of the workers at the plant in Delphi live, gosh I didn't know how many employees IP had. Wow. Must be a lot of folks from outside Carroll County work there.

Not fun, to commute that far, and they work so hard, too. Must be burned out. I suspect our own, as these IP workers are exhausted, plus, the dude’s accent is anything but Burmese.

My current thoughts about possibly two people being involved and the repeated request for that one tip that is needed. Two people could have been together on the trails that day, either two men or a man and a woman. One of the two could be a person who has "issues" at times and needs a "minder" (for lack of a better word). This would be the killer. The other person could be the person who accompanies the person with issues when in public. They could have entered the trails together and got separated by the killer sneaking away from the other person to carry out the murders. The other person might not have known that the killer had planned to and did carry out the murders. The other person could have found the killer after the crimes and learned what had happened. The reluctance on the part of the person who could provide that one tip will not do so not to protect the killer but to protect the second person. It is an improbable idea, but it could have happened.

BTW, I would not be surprised if BG has prior army or Navy experience, because, strictly per my opinion, in the Army, structurized environment, rules, regulations and systematic pattern of decision-making might be de-stressing for many. And this helps psychopaths to keep their thought in check. I do not imply that the Army atmosphere is relaxing, far from it, but for obsessive neurotics, perhaps, there are fewer “what ifs?” in the army, because someone has already thought of an answer for all your ruminations. And there is the chain of command, and “the commander knows more“. And of course, Army teaches great survival skills, and if you want to stay, you develop social skills, too. And it also, nolens volens, makes people think realistically, as there is no time to explore own imaginary world.

I wonder if many enter remission when in the army, and it may be especially true for obsessive, introverted psychopaths, but after discharge, such people can go downhill quickly. The structure is gone, and they are left to own decision-making. And slowly, it all gets eroded from the inside, but may still appear perfectly put together on the outside, helping a very sick person look fine and “hide in plain sight”.
JMO.

Wow! Great post!

It's not and he has been recognized. I think LE is not able to arrest because of something that was done, missed or botched early on, something with legal consquences that wrecked getting a conviction. It's a waiting game and someone has to grow a conscious and speak up about what they know to be true. AJMO

My current thoughts about possibly two people being involved and the repeated request for that one tip that is needed. Two people could have been together on the trails that day, either two men or a man and a woman. One of the two could be a person who has "issues" at times and needs a "minder" (for lack of a better word). This would be the killer. The other person could be the person who accompanies the person with issues when in public. They could have entered the trails together and got separated by the killer sneaking away from the other person to carry out the murders. The other person might not have known that the killer had planned to and did carry out the murders. The other person could have found the killer after the crimes and learned what had happened. The reluctance on the part of the person who could provide that one tip will not do so not to protect the killer but to protect the second person. It is an improbable idea, but it could have happened.

It could have happened. However, the need to have an airtight case, because maybe the killer/killers have the money for a good lawyer, obliquely indicates a more prosaic reason for the “tip-holder’s” silence.

Finances. A lawyer and a process cost a lot, and if the person is convicted, even if he walks free, there are dire financial consequences.

OJ Simpson walked a free man, but the legal process, plus subsequent civil lawsuits from the relatives, ate away the major part of his fortune.

There is a possibility that the person who “holds the key to the truth” has simply balanced pros and cons and made a calculated decision.

Workers at Indiana Packers earn $13 to $15 per hour. That’s a long way to drive for a physical job that doesn’t pay much.

Good points, but not conclusive in my opinion.

Lots of people in the US move around a lot, either following the job or looking for a new/better place. Serial killers are no different that way (Rodney Alcala, Terry Rasmussen, for example). I found a number of possible work connections between Delphi and Evansdale: meat packing, auction house, road construction, work connected to putting in power lines, pig farming*.

Some serial killers travel for their job and kill while they're traveling, like the aforementioned trucker SKs.

Lyric and Lizzie were quite a bit younger, but an age range of 8 to 14 is not an unusual one for a serial killer of kids.

The thing that always gets me is how much alike the two pairs of girls look. The first time I saw a picture of Abby and Libby, I thought it was an age-enhanced picture of Lizzy and Lyric.
I thought the same thing about the girls resembling each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member