Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo... I think BG was someone that the girls either knew or had had some kind of interaction with previously. Maybe they knew him as a "creepy guy from town" or maybe he approached them at some other time prior to the video. The reason I'm saying this is, why would Libby video him unless she thought he was up to no good. Obviously, he could have seemed strange coming up on them as they crossed the bridge and maybe she was a fast thinker...I dunno. I just came across this case last night from a podcast so I'm new on the info.

But aren't you assuming something here? Has it been established the killer was a DNR personnel? I'm talking about the badge thing.
On the other hand, it must be relatively easy to come by a badge of sorts. Has anyone gone to the Army/Navy surplus store? Or gone into a military PX, or whatever else they are called. Is there one in that area? Some unusual things can be purchased there. Like handcuffs.
Thinking along these lines, where could a badge be bought or picked up? A pawn shop? Someone that was retired or deceased LE or military LE? Who in that area would know someone like this? If you're from that area, think about it.
These are two young girls, that if someone is 'flashing a badge', how do they know what is real and what isn't
unless they know the killer? Maybe a badge existed at the scene, but maybe it wasn't authentic or authorized, but then maybe it was the real thing.
Could be,but I'm basing my theory on what we know so far,and Doug Carters words,and clear distress during press conferences. He is so distraught as if it's a brother in arms so to speak. Hiding in plain sight, he could even be right there at the presser, they might have even talked to him, it's about power to him, he wants to know what they know. Like he's inserting himself into the investigation. What will his family think of him? The anguish Carter feels is so thick it's almost palpable through the TV screen. I don't think they are dealing with the everyday civilian criminal. Of course I could be wrong. MOO

But aren't you assuming something here? Has it been established the killer was a DNR personnel? I'm talking about the badge thing.
On the other hand, it must be relatively easy to come by a badge of sorts. Has anyone gone to the Army/Navy surplus store? Or gone into a military PX, or whatever else they are called. Is there one in that area? Some unusual things can be purchased there. Like handcuffs.
Thinking along these lines, where could a badge be bought or picked up? A pawn shop? Someone that was retired or deceased LE or military LE? Who in that area would know someone like this? If you're from that area, think about it.
These are two young girls, that if someone is 'flashing a badge', how do they know what is real and what isn't
unless they know the killer? Maybe a badge existed at the scene, but maybe it wasn't authentic or authorized, but then maybe it was the real thing.
Could be,but I'm basing my theory on what we know so far,and Doug Carters words,and clear distress during press conferences. He is so distraught as if it's a brother in arms so to speak. Hiding in plain sight, he could even be right there at the presser, they might have even talked to him, it's about power to him, he wants to know what they know. Like he's inserting himself into the investigation. What will his family think of him? The anguish Carter feels is so thick it's almost palpable through the TV screen. I don't think they are dealing with the everyday civilian criminal. Of course I could be wrong. MOO

Jmo... I think BG was someone that the girls either knew or had had some kind of interaction with previously. Maybe they knew him as a "creepy guy from town" or maybe he approached them at some other time prior to the video. The reason I'm saying this is, why would Libby video him unless she thought he was up to no good. Obviously, he could have seemed strange coming up on them as they crossed the bridge and maybe she was a fast thinker...I dunno. I just came across this case last night from a podcast so I'm new on the info.

Welcome to the case, there's a lot of information about it here on Websleuths. A few good YouTube channels have it covered, too.

Likely he was approaching fast and in a menacing manner; her instinct took over and she was right. Or, he could have called out to them. Either way, she knew danger was approaching.

I have a hard time believing he is sitting cozy-like in Delphi. I think he is in the surrounding area, with some connection. I am resisting overcomplicating my speculations. I don't think he's that complicated or clever, just has eluded arrest....ATM.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I think we all want the murderer(s) to be arrested. But with Carter, who saw it all, from day one, it is professional, but personal, too. This is what he is supposed to do, catch the criminal.

We all ...your poi is as good as mine. (I don’t even have a strong poi, just some vague set. I have better intuition about who it is not).

Carter probably knows - or at least has a very good idea, and many proofs.

To have it, and know that it is not enough to put the perp(s) behind bars, might be very painful to him.

I don’t feel that he is distraught because it is a brother in arms. I think he is distraught because what he has is not enough for the arrest.

I think we all want the murderer(s) to be arrested. But with Carter, who saw it all, from day one, it is professional, but personal, too. This is what he is supposed to do, catch the criminal.

We all ...your poi is as good as mine. (I don’t even have a strong poi, just some vague set. I have better intuition about who it is not).

Carter probably knows - or at least has a very good idea, and many proofs.

To have it, and know that it is not enough to put the perp(s) behind bars, might be very painful to him.

I don’t feel that he is distraught because it is a brother in arms. I think he is distraught because what he has is not enough for the arrest.
I also don't see any evidence that it was a fellow officer. I'm also not convinced that Carter has narrowed his focus to a single POI. He may have a short list, but BG might not be on it. LE sometimes names a POI in a case long before they have enough evidence for an arrest; sometimes a suspect's name isn't mentioned until an arrest is made. I'm not sure what drives the decision to name or not to name.

I've always thought she initially started videoing him to later show her sister, Gram or Grandpa the creepy guy that was on the trails that day. I think they may have seen him before they started crossing over to the trail's end side. In the short video we get to see, I still think I see him talking to himself so maybe that was obvious and "creepy" to them.

Been away for a while and I’ve got a LOT of catching up to do!

Something happened in my world today and I thought of this thread. I witnessed a crime today (burglary). I was 15-20 feet from the guy and it was the middle of the day. this happened the second time I saw him and both sightings were within 45 minutes of each other. I could not tell you what his face looked like - I was looking right at him and watched him do it. I could describe his clothes, height, build, race, gender, mannerisms, but I could not describe his face well enough to do a composite. I literally watched this guy commit a crime and still can’t describe his face in any helpful detail. I reported what I saw and hopefully it’ll be enough for LE.

The witnesses in this case were just enjoying a day at the trails. They weren’t anticipating a crime. They didn’t actually even witness a crime. They saw a guy walking around that may or may not have been acting strange. I know witness statements aren’t the most reliable and my experience today solidified that belief. Just wanted to put this out there.

The Sheriff, standing behind ISP Carter at that April 2019 press conference, looks like he's ready to explode a few times also. That man was seething...to my eyes anyway.

I carefully read through the hundreds of pages of forums posts, media links provided etc and I feel I would like to share a few thoughts, suppositions, and observations all of which are my own personal opinions.

From the first moment I saw the video still I saw a blonde/dark blonde full head of hair and a clear part with a curve of bangs hanging down over the forehead. 18-35 years old at most. When I saw the first sketch made from eyewitnesses I thought is this supposed to be the same guy with a hat on? Didn't look the same to me at all. To my recollection he looks like they now describe him as looking much younger than he is. The second sketch seems intentionally unfinished and cartoonish, but why? The fact that the hair style and texture are totally different from the BG video still vexes me. I'm also interested to know where they got "reddish brown" hair color description? From an eyewitness? Because it looks blonde/dark blonde to me.

I noticed the limp others have mentioned but my thought was a weapon in the boot or down the pants leg. For whatever reason he certainly appears to short step on the right then hitching that left leg forward significantly. He looks very confident on that bridge with no railing walking closer the the edge with his hands in his pockets which I figure someone with a balance problem like a limp would probably not do.

I do not think he is local period. I think he is someone who pretended to be a younger person online and was privy to them going there via some form of social media. He drove a fair distance to get there which is why no one knows him. I believe he somehow learned innocently from them that they were hoping to go there later and he headed out hoping he would have a chance and if not he's the patient hunter type who would just try again if it didn't pan out. There would have been plenty enough information online to guide him although he may have asked someone nearby at perhaps a gas station if he was unsure but I think he is far too careful to have done that. I believe he was already scoping out the area at the far end of the bridge and when he saw them coming across he walked out and passed them to size them up and make sure no one else was behind them. Then when they were reaching the end he turned and headed back effectively blocking their escape route. I believe this is why she began filming. I think he pulled a weapon and matter of factly ordered them as he sounds in the audio. I think he is a very cold and calculating person and I believe things got out of control on him because at some point they ran. That's why I believe there was no SA and therefore no DNA because he killed them to contain them from alerting anyone. I realize LE has stated there is DNA but they have never revealed a source. Of course, some SA's are of a different nature that do not deposit DNA. He possibly spent time there after because he felt more sure of remaining undetected then left a less obvious route to his vehicle.

I think his intent that day was SA and murder. I think he is most likely responsible for a similar crime. I think his build is more slight than those bulky layers and loose pants convey. Based on that first sketch I feel like everyone has been searching for a person that doesn't really exist and now we have somewhat the right track. It makes me very hopeful that everyone will look with fresh eyes and that soon a lightbulb will go off in someone's head. Someone knows this guy and that a-ha! moment is hopefully coming soon.

MOO. If I've crossed a boundary feel free to flag my post. I appreciate you taking the time to read it and share your thoughts. (Edited to remove autocorrect error)

Last edited:
The Sheriff, standing behind ISP Carter at that April 2019 press conference, looks like he's ready to explode a few times also. That man was seething...to my eyes anyway.

Thread #88, Post #22:

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Early last year, in fact right around the time that thread was active, I had a gut feeling someone or some people know the identity of BG. I know I've mentioned it before, and it's just a gut feeling, but then the PC happened a year ago and Supt. Carter mentioned a different or new direction in case, based off of new information or something along those lines.

They may have a list of possibles, but just can't nail down exactly who was there that day, and committed the murders.

JMO

He is a Truck Driver. Read Indiana packer reviews, those Truckers are sometimes there for a loooong time! Lots of complaints, he had been there before for sure. Those guys usually just crash out in their sleepers while waiting. Not him, he walked out behind the place past the Carroll County transfer station, down 625 west, past 200 north, past 252 North, and Bingo into the driveway we all know from down the hill! It's about 2000 ft. to the Bridge, 2,000 ft. is 666 yards ( The Devils Number) He got down there in the morning after parking his Truck, and ran into the Dog Walker Lady ( This is fact) around 12:30 pm. Lurked around till the Girls came, did the deed. And got the heck out. Retraced his steps back to Packers, got his Truck load, and bye bye Delphi. He may very well had not this before, but is obviously a very sick individual. That's why there is no car, he had none! He simply walked! No one was at home at the Driveway House. Those roads he walked are very rural. He came prepared with a kill kit, and finally acted out his sick fantasy! We can only hope the Police checked out the log books from Packers during that timeframe. There have been numerous Truckers who are serial Killers, it's not new stuff. Justice for these two Kids

BTW, I would not be surprised if BG has prior army or Navy experience, because, strictly per my opinion, in the Army, structurized environment, rules, regulations and systematic pattern of decision-making might be de-stressing for many. And this helps psychopaths to keep their thought in check. I do not imply that the Army atmosphere is relaxing, far from it, but for obsessive neurotics, perhaps, there are fewer “what ifs?” in the army, because someone has already thought of an answer for all your ruminations. And there is the chain of command, and “the commander knows more“. And of course, Army teaches great survival skills, and if you want to stay, you develop social skills, too. And it also, nolens volens, makes people think realistically, as there is no time to explore own imaginary world.

I wonder if many enter remission when in the army, and it may be especially true for obsessive, introverted psychopaths, but after discharge, such people can go downhill quickly. The structure is gone, and they are left to own decision-making. And slowly, it all gets eroded from the inside, but may still appear perfectly put together on the outside, helping a very sick person look fine and “hide in plain sight”.
JMO.
Being a Navy veteran, I believe it is less likely than Army or Marine Corps. Just based on his apparent comfort with the outdoors. As far as psychopaths, I've seen more than one such individual not make it beyond basic training. And those that did make it beyond basic, did not do well and were eventually weeded out.

Been away for a while and I’ve got a LOT of catching up to do!

Something happened in my world today and I thought of this thread. I witnessed a crime today (burglary). I was 15-20 feet from the guy and it was the middle of the day. this happened the second time I saw him and both sightings were within 45 minutes of each other. I could not tell you what his face looked like - I was looking right at him and watched him do it. I could describe his clothes, height, build, race, gender, mannerisms, but I could not describe his face well enough to do a composite. I literally watched this guy commit a crime and still can’t describe his face in any helpful detail. I reported what I saw and hopefully it’ll be enough for LE.

The witnesses in this case were just enjoying a day at the trails. They weren’t anticipating a crime. They didn’t actually even witness a crime. They saw a guy walking around that may or may not have been acting strange. I know witness statements aren’t the most reliable and my experience today solidified that belief. Just wanted to put this out there.

@Cutiekitty, thank you for this interesting observation. The main thing is, you are safe!

Being a Navy veteran, I believe it is less likely than Army or Marine Corps. Just based on his apparent comfort with the outdoors. As far as psychopaths, I've seen more than one such individual not make it beyond basic training. And those that did make it beyond basic, did not do well and were eventually weeded out.

Interesting. Of course, you know, and I don’t, but I believe it is the structure that is curing. And also, maybe, intensive physical training. Anyhow, many times I heard “loved it” (about the military) from people who seemingly were not fit for it, in many ways. And upon discharge, sooner or later, problems started.

Given the volume of posts over the last couple years I believe someone has to have gotten the suspect profile right. I lean towards no prior criminal background and truck driver or military experience. BG upper body is chunky like someone who sits in a vehicle driving all day. If he walks with a limp it can be from a mechanic injury from car/truck repair. Especially diesel trucks they have heavier metal pieces that can fall on your lower body and cause permanent nerve damage. Also I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about the murders taking place around valentines day. Sexually frustrated individual lashing out during this? I feel he was dressed up like 6AM colder morning weather as opposed to 2PM. Perhaps that was BG intention for disguise purposes but you can see the difference in layers of clothing compared to the girls.

Sadly I think the truth is that theres a lot of sick individuals out there who like to pray on little girls. This guy for example, Combat in Afghanistan blamed for ex-teacher’s sex crimes; prosecutor cites a ‘depraved sexual appetite’ for children

He fits all the criteria like a piece to the missing puzzle. But something like this seems to perfect and simple. Rather it just shows how large the suspect pool can be given all the disturbed individuals out there.

I carefully read through the hundreds of pages of forums posts, media links provided etc and I feel I would like to share a few thoughts, suppositions, and observations all of which are my own personal opinions.

From the first moment I saw the video still I saw a blonde/dark blonde full head of hair and a clear part with a curve of bangs hanging down over the forehead. 18-35 years old at most. When I saw the first sketch made from eyewitnesses I thought is this supposed to be the same guy with a hat on? Didn't look the same to me at all. To my recollection he looks like they now describe him as looking much younger than he is. The second sketch seems intentionally unfinished and cartoonish, but why? The fact that the hair style and texture are totally different from the BG video still vexes me. I'm also interested to know where they got "reddish brown" hair color description? From an eyewitness? Because it looks blonde/dark blonde to me.

I noticed the limp others have mentioned but my thought was a weapon in the boot or down the pants leg. For whatever reason he certainly appears to short step on the right then hitching that left leg forward significantly. He looks very confident on that bridge with no railing walking closer the the edge with his hands in his pockets which I figure someone with a balance problem like a limp would probably not do.

I do not think he is local period. I think he is someone who pretended to be a younger person online and was privy to them going there via some form of social media. He drove a fair distance to get there which is why no one knows him. I believe he somehow learned innocently from them that they were hoping to go there later and he headed out hoping he would have a chance and if not he's the patient hunter type who would just try again if it didn't pan out. There would have been plenty enough information online to guide him although he may have asked someone nearby at perhaps a gas station if he was unsure but I think he is far too careful to have done that. I believe he was already scoping out the area at the far end of the bridge and when he saw them coming across he walked out and passed them to size them up and make sure no one else was behind them. Then when they were reaching the end he turned and headed back effectively blocking their escape route. I believe this is why she began filming. I think he pulled a weapon and matter of factly ordered them as he sounds in the audio. I think he is a very cold and calculating person and I believe things got out of control on him because at some point they ran. That's why I believe there was no SA and therefore no DNA because he killed them to contain them from alerting anyone. I realize LE has stated there is DNA but they have never revealed a source. Of course, some SA's are of a different nature that do not deposit DNA. He possibly spent time there after because he felt more sure of remaining undetected then left a less obvious route to his vehicle.

I think his intent that day was SA and murder. I think he is most likely responsible for a similar crime. I think his build is more slight than those bulky layers and loose pants convey. Based on that first sketch I feel like everyone has been searching for a person that doesn't really exist and now we have somewhat the right track. It makes me very hopeful that everyone will look with fresh eyes and that soon a lightbulb will go off in someone's head. Someone knows this guy and that a-ha! moment is hopefully coming soon.

MOO. If I've crossed a boundary feel free to flag my post. I appreciate you taking the time to read it and share your thoughts. (Edited to remove autocorrect error)

I think this is a really well thought out assessment, especially your comments on his gait. It is definitely something to consider when looking at this case -- I think there are pretty interesting implications that come with it.

If he's walking with this limp because he's trying to store the weapon, that's one thing. If, however, he has this unusual gait because of an injury or something like that, in many ways I feel that makes it even worse. It would definitely require extra planning on his part and perhaps led to him intensifying things, maybe overcompensating and using more extreme threats, violence or even just a different choice of weapon. On the other hand, if he was worried about being able to overpower an individual, would he really choose two victims? Perhaps the fact that they were both young girls reassured him, though. Perhaps he was getting impatient and couldn't help himself. I'm not sure.

I think this is a really well thought out assessment, especially your comments on his gait. It is definitely something to consider when looking at this case -- I think there are pretty interesting implications that come with it.

If he's walking with this limp because he's trying to store the weapon, that's one thing. If, however, he has this unusual gait because of an injury or something like that, in many ways I feel that makes it even worse. It would definitely require extra planning on his part and perhaps led to him intensifying things, maybe overcompensating and using more extreme threats, violence or even just a different choice of weapon. On the other hand, if he was worried about being able to overpower an individual, would he really choose two victims? Perhaps the fact that they were both young girls reassured him, though. Perhaps he was getting impatient and couldn't help himself. I'm not sure.
Welcome to WS and your first post! Both you and Alphafuzz have made good observations. I am leaning towards Alpha's assessment, as I too see the hair and the limp. That odd gait, as you point out, is likely due to the murderous gear he has concealed by his "murder uniform". Clearly, he had this well thought out. He might have even laid his uniform out the night before in anticipation of his big day.

You will note I use the word uniform, and I chose that word purposefully. This could be someone who wears a uniform that protects them from whatever they are working on that catches splatter - like a painter, mechanic, etc. Someone who is used to wearing protective cover and carrying tools; would seem second nature.

I agree he likely falls in the younger end off the age speculation. He seems agile; (despite the gait which some of us speculate is due to the concealed "tools of his trade"). The height of the bridge and it's precarious nature doesn't seem to faze him; he moved with speed and confidence it would seem. Certain occupations aren't daunted by heights; window washers, painters, roofers, tree trimmers, construction workers, and the long list goes on....a tradesman.

Our little hero Libby certainly gave us a lot to work with. If I understand correctly, the phone was found near the remains. (?) If this is true, it "suggests" to me the Perp isn't tech savvy, or was in such a state of frenzy and euphoria, or perhaps even high enough, to where he didn't notice the phone. That seems unlikely. What he apparently didn't understand is that the physical phone isn't where the data resides, and everything can be extracted from the "cloud" and reviewed. So this suggests he isn't tech savvy to me.
There is some additional good news here regarding tech. With machine learning making progress in leaps and bounds, it won't be very long before there will be additional tools to model a face from that fuzzy image.
That day can't come too soon, and it will be a game changer.

Great posts both Roja and Alpha!

Given the volume of posts over the last couple years I believe someone has to have gotten the suspect profile right. I lean towards no prior criminal background and truck driver or military experience. BG upper body is chunky like someone who sits in a vehicle driving all day. If he walks with a limp it can be from a mechanic injury from car/truck repair. Especially diesel trucks they have heavier metal pieces that can fall on your lower body and cause permanent nerve damage. Also I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about the murders taking place around valentines day. Sexually frustrated individual lashing out during this? I feel he was dressed up like 6AM colder morning weather as opposed to 2PM. Perhaps that was BG intention for disguise purposes but you can see the difference in layers of clothing compared to the girls.

Sadly I think the truth is that theres a lot of sick individuals out there who like to pray on little girls. This guy for example, Combat in Afghanistan blamed for ex-teacher’s sex crimes; prosecutor cites a ‘depraved sexual appetite’ for children

He fits all the criteria like a piece to the missing puzzle. But something like this seems to perfect and simple. Rather it just shows how large the suspect pool can be given all the disturbed individuals out there.

Excellent post. Yes, I agree Valentine's Day is very signifiant. I posted upthread I know two women personally who were murdered on V-Day.
In addition, I think the proximity to the cemetery is notable as well.
Out of many cases, it seems we have so much to go on here, but yet he still walks free. Unless he lives a significant distance from Delphi (doubtful) where media coverage of the murders is minimal, it seems highly doubtful that someone doesn't know who this Perp is.

Knowing the Perp and not turning them in is a great act of cowardice. This type of maniac doesn't stop until they are stopped. Whoever knows and isn't calling the Delphi P.D. with an anonymous tip at (765) 564-2345 has blood on their hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member