Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, and besides, I now am of the opinion he looks to be a school teacher. So I'm not even saying I think he's a long haul trucker, but many do think BG is prob a long haul truck driver and not a local resident.

I say he's a teacher somewhere..he also has the day off...and summers too..he knows places for field trips and the like , he knows geography and the recreational park system.

I know I'm probably just getting nutty....

more and more I like the idea that Lyric and Elizabeth are connected, because I for sure do not think this brazen daylight slaughter and his alluding LE was beginners luck .

So now I don't think he hung out all night watching the search, I think he has to get home by dinner and he knew he could get coverage because he lives in the area.

now I think he watched on tv.

mOO

Usually, serial killers don’t travel far. If he lived close to/in Evansdale, IA, in 2012, and close to Delphi in 2017, then, yes. Otherwise, the distance is not small.

ETA: plus, I think there is still some, maybe minimal, connection, between the BG and the Delphi girls, some thread that we have not found out. As to Evansdale, those girls were younger. So maybe, they truly were in the wrong place at the wrong time, MOO.

It is very interesting. I have to reread it again, lots of details.

I noticed that in that search warrant, however, specifically a ‘Droid phone and its functions were mentioned. We don’t know what type of the phone BG had. At first I thought, he had none, but now believe it was a burner, as I can not unsee these things in his ears. Then I Googled burners to see which ones have Bluetooth and laughed as one of them is pretty pricey. The article is from early 2017 so all of them were around at that time.

These Burner Phones Can Help You Evade Data Snoops | WIRED

Several Samsungs among them. I paid attention to Galaxy J3, as I never thought of it as a burner, but apparently, it is, although a pricey one.

Last edited:
There is no reason to think that BG could not have owned top shelf stuff.

What bothers me more is that I perceive BG as smart and technology-savvy. He does know about DNA, he does know about phones, Ives said that there were multiple traces but three years later, they are all unusable. How high do you think the guy’s IQ is? I bet he is smarter than most. Either a young gifted hacker, or, if middle aged, probably with higher education in technological area.

Maybe some of the sports figures who started the fund got sick of the social media rumours, accusing them of being the Bridge Guy? :rolleyes:
I guess I came in too late in the case to have ever heard such rumors. I’ve seen nothing at all online even hinting about sports figures. Probably some of that could have been expected though, even if not fair. Their choice, of course, on how much energy and vulnerability to put forth to keep helping get visibility for the case. It was such a generous offer.

As Carter implied, if the killer lived, worked or was familiar with Delphi for any other reason, a cellphone ping at a local tower on Feb 13th would only place him somewhere in Delphi amongst every other person in town that day - assuming he had a cellphone with him, turned on. As we know from Libby’s grandfather’s early comment about her cellphone “pinging around town”, a cellphone pings to different towers even when it’s not moving.

Public, outdoor crime scenes are always amongst the most difficult for police to process and I’d assume a place the size of Delphi also didn’t have a lot of CCTV. In larger cities traffic lights record traffic and many more home owners plus big box stores utilize CCTV so it’s easier for LE to identify when a suspect is being untruthful about his whereabouts.

So unless the killer outrightly denied he was in Delphi while his cellphone pinged there or his vehicle was captured on CCTV, I think the task force is left with seeking tips from anyone who can provide specific incriminating information about a suspect who also resembles the video or photo. Given local, county, FBI, state, Georgia state police have all been involved in this investigation, I’m certain no evidence within the realm of police investigation has been overlooked.

It’s hard to believe that PC announcing the “change in direction” was held almost a year ago. Rather than Carter dropping hints or clues to a known suspect, I continue to believe the words spoken directly to the killer by him were purposely intended to shake up, provoke and cause suspicious behaviour in somebody unknown, leading to a tipster calling in a tip about someone who they already had a bad feeling about, just not enough to have called in before considering the suspect was initially described as an older man. But as all these months have passed, I’m becoming doubtful that tactic was successful.

There is no reason to think that BG could not have owned top shelf stuff.
I agree. We don't know what his profession is. One YouTuber thinks he's an archaeology professor, but most of the professions that have been suggested are blue collar. Even if he's a blue collar worker, he could easily save up for a high-end phone. However, there's no reason to think that he had his phone with him; he probably left it at home.

As Carter implied, if the killer lived, worked or was familiar with Delphi for any other reason, a cellphone ping at a local tower on Feb 13th would only place him somewhere in Delphi amongst every other person in town that day - assuming he had a cellphone with him, turned on. As we know from Libby’s grandfather’s early comment about her cellphone “pinging around town”, a cellphone pings to different towers even when it’s not moving.

Public, outdoor crime scenes are always amongst the most difficult for police to process and I’d assume a place the size of Delphi also didn’t have a lot of CCTV. In larger cities traffic lights record traffic and many more home owners plus big box stores utilize CCTV so it’s easier for LE to identify when a suspect is being untruthful about his whereabouts.

So unless the killer outrightly denied he was in Delphi while his cellphone pinged there or his vehicle was captured on CCTV, I think the task force is left with seeking tips from anyone who can provide specific incriminating information about a suspect who also resembles the video or photo. Given local, county, FBI, state, Georgia state police have all been involved in this investigation, I’m certain no evidence within the realm of police investigation has been overlooked.

It’s hard to believe that PC announcing the “change in direction” was held almost a year ago. Rather than Carter dropping hints or clues to a known suspect, I continue to believe the words spoken directly to the killer by him were purposely intended to shake up, provoke and cause suspicious behaviour in somebody unknown, leading to a tipster calling in a tip about someone who they already had a bad feeling about, just not enough to have called in before considering the suspect was initially described as an older man. But as all these months have passed, I’m becoming doubtful that tactic was successful.
I hold out hope that the storage unit's cameras captured something. Anything. Or maybe the water tower has a cam?

Usually, serial killers don’t travel far. If he lived close to/in Evansdale, IA, in 2012, and close to Delphi in 2017, then, yes. Otherwise, the distance is not small.

ETA: plus, I think there is still some, maybe minimal, connection, between the BG and the Delphi girls, some thread that we have not found out. As to Evansdale, those girls were younger. So maybe, they truly were in the wrong place at the wrong time, MOO.

Good points, but not conclusive in my opinion.

Lots of people in the US move around a lot, either following the job or looking for a new/better place. Serial killers are no different that way (Rodney Alcala, Terry Rasmussen, for example). I found a number of possible work connections between Delphi and Evansdale: meat packing, auction house, road construction, work connected to putting in power lines, pig farming*.

Some serial killers travel for their job and kill while they're traveling, like the aforementioned trucker SKs.

Lyric and Lizzie were quite a bit younger, but an age range of 8 to 14 is not an unusual one for a serial killer of kids.

The thing that always gets me is how much alike the two pairs of girls look. The first time I saw a picture of Abby and Libby, I thought it was an age-enhanced picture of Lizzy and Lyric.

wonder if based on the distance between the L& A and L& E cases and the probability the killer lives within 2 or 3 hours drive of his victims, if we could map out possible locations where he could live. So Iowa/ Indiana. I have to look at a map but Chicago will bring you down into Indiana and from Joliet, Illinois I think you can get over to Iowa ...Iowa is a good four five hour drive out of Chicago, maybe more. MO is right under and Wisconsin sits right on top of Iowa.

Im sure some one has mapped this. I'm pretty bad at it..but would like to see. mOO

I've looked at hundreds of cases since this one broke 3 years ago, all within about a 3 or so hour drive of Delphi. It's a case with details we're all aware of which set it way apart from any I've found which took place in this region of the country.
I agree. We don't know what his profession is. One YouTuber thinks he's an archaeology professor, but most of the professions that have been suggested are blue collar. Even if he's a blue collar worker, he could easily save up for a high-end phone. However, there's no reason to think that he had his phone with him; he probably left it at home.

RE: Occupations

Feb. 13th, 2017, would have been a regular work day for most adults in this area of the U.S., however...

Most municipal employees in Illinois had the day off, for Lincoln's birthday.

BG might have a shift job, and for some reason had the day off, or has a fair amount of flexibility in their job when it comes to scheduling. Could also be an independent contractor. Might be a seasonal worker.

Only way they worked that day would have been 3rd shift from the night before, which I think is highly unlikely. Some killers in crazy cases like this have been 3rd/graveyard shift workers, but that's kind of rare.

JMO

The aspects of the case MW lists above are frustrating for me, how will they be able to put BG at the bridge area, on the bridge, at the CS, etc., during that time frame on Feb. 13th, 2017?

Instead of serial-killer truckers having a "special way of going unseen", as you put it, I think a more logical theory concerning the trucking industry is that truckers are generally law abiding, hard working people, and that the trucking industry is not a "haven for serial killers" in any way.

Well I stand corrected minazoe, I just read the "Highway Serial Killings, New Initiative on an Emerging Trend" Highway Serial Killings Initiative so I see there are likely more than one serial killer who is a long haul trucker. But I know some truckers personally, and they are just regular people, & I feel saying the trucking industry is a haven for serial killers is overstating the matter.

I don't know any "sex killers". Do you know some? Tell us about them.

well I mean if you interview criminals in prison, they pretty much know stuff..I don't know how or why but they do. I guess sex killers get to meet other sex killers in prison and they can pass stories around and get quite an education. mOO

Look..criminals look for a way to get to their prey, pedo's look for a way to get to children, they infest our schools and churches, places where they have access.

a dream job for a loner who wants to make money, murder hookers, and leave the scene unnoticed is truck driving...these guys are long gone before their victims are ever even known to be missing.

It's nothing against the profession which is a hard job and we could not survive without the hard working people who drive big rigs, risking their lives every day.

it's just a lifestyle that can hide predators. mOO

The aspects of the case MW lists above are frustrating for me, how will they be able to put BG at the bridge area, on the bridge, at the CS, etc., during that time frame on Feb. 13th, 2017?

I think this is why LE remains optimistic somebody out there is aware of incriminating information to help nail the guy. Let’s hope they’re right but after 3 years, I’m not confident this is about to occur imminently. I think this is also why LE has revealed very little details as it’s their only means of separating or vetting “good” leads from information already known publicly.

It’s one thing for LE to receive tips on males similar in appearance to the suspect’s photo or sketch but quite another for LE to go that one step further and show probable cause to a Judge in order to obtain a warrant to search or seize evidence. Based on nothing more than a physical resemblance, I’d be surprised if that’s enough. LE will have received 1000s of tips by now of men who fit the description considering sketch one, sketch two and half way in between.

On that topic, after all this time a thought has finally occurred to me. I agree with others who’ve stated they believe releasing the sketches named as the suspect was a mistake, especially as there was no eye-witness to the actual murders. But my thought - extremely strong evidence placing the killer right at the scene will be required to convict because during the trial at least one, if not both of the sketches, create a perfect type of defence - the SODDI scenario.

what would someone who looks in between sketch one and two even look like?
it's too much to ask people to imagine this or turn in someone based on looking somewhere in between both sketches.

its hard enough trying to get a tip based. on one drawing alone...mOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members