Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #124

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone seriously think that BG may have a very high standing in the community? I don't mean like just a well known businessman and such, I mean like a very well know and powerfully connected man.

Someone who knows the law, knows county and state management, is truly very much ingrained in the Delphi and surrounding communities by birth and actions.

Someone, to borrow Sheriff Leazenby's words, that it will shock the community when their identity is revealed.

Someone, to borrow ISP Carter's sentiments, who's family will be appalled by their actions because their life and work and committing child murders are polar opposites.

I'm really interested to know if whether posters here think it's possible or probably not likely that BG is an extraordinary presence in this area of Indiana? TIA

I'm grappling with it and can't decide but it seems with the photographic and audio evidence not making a difference, it could mean there's a powerful and intimidating person involved.

I'll tell you one thing after doing a lot of reading lately, I never realized just how much very rural Americans have become less small town and have more and more disgustingly big city (so I thought to call them) vices.

All in Personal Opinion

No I do not think BG is a powerful human being, however, I do think BG is possibly related to money and power. It is possible the money and power are protecting the identity of Mr BG.

It is always surprising who lives in small communities

I don't have an opinion on how well-known BG might be in his community, but I don't think he is a very powerful person. And this is all MOO but I believe that a person who tries to get power by controlling two little girls is often a very cowardly type who has no real power in his day to day life. He's probably been the object of derision or pity at some point because of how weak or cowardly he is.

I'll take it one step further and say that a person who kills in this manner is often obsessed with the control they don't have and envy those who embody it. So BG may fear but at the same time wish he was like the police officers that we see. When he sees Doug Carter and Tobe Leazenby in their uniforms at the press conferences he probably has a lot of mixed emotions that center around on his own inferiority.

Does anyone seriously think that BG may have a very high standing in the community? I don't mean like just a well known businessman and such, I mean like a very well know and powerfully connected man.

Someone who knows the law, knows county and state management, is truly very much ingrained in the Delphi and surrounding communities by birth and actions.

Someone, to borrow Sheriff Leazenby's words, that it will shock the community when their identity is revealed.

Someone, to borrow ISP Carter's sentiments, who's family will be appalled by their actions because their life and work and committing child murders are polar opposites.

I'm really interested to know if whether posters here think it's possible or probably not likely that BG is an extraordinary presence in this area of Indiana? TIA

I'm grappling with it and can't decide but it seems with the photographic and audio evidence not making a difference, it could mean there's a powerful and intimidating person involved.

I'll tell you one thing after doing a lot of reading lately, I never realized just how much very rural Americans have become less small town and have more and more disgustingly big city (so I thought to call them) vices.

I think the Sheriff's statement that it will be a shock to the community when they find out who committed these murders is his opinion only. I do not think it denotes anything other than his opinion.

I think the Sheriff's statement as well as the one at the April 2019 press conference that the man featured in the second sketch "is the person responsible for the murders" affect how people view the sketches, potential suspects, and the investigation into the case overall.

If everyone is looking for someone 18-40 who should look somewhat similar to the second sketch, and that information is actually wrong, it could be a long time before this case is solved. In my opinion, even though a sketch is not a photograph, the second sketch is not even close to the video description of the man on the bridge from the Liberty German phone video.

We have to remember we do not know everything the police know about the case. Still, the confounding nature of the sketches combined with the video taken from Liberty German's phone has me wondering if the investigation is headed in the right direction.

I think the Sheriff's statement that it will be a shock to the community when they find out who committed these murders is his opinion only. I do not think it denotes anything other than his opinion.

I think the Sheriff's statement as well as the one at the April 2019 press conference that the man featured in the second sketch "is the person responsible for the murders" affect how people view the sketches, potential suspects, and the investigation into the case overall.

If everyone is looking for someone 18-40 who should look somewhat similar to the second sketch, and that information is actually wrong, it could be a long time before this case is solved. In my opinion, even though a sketch is not a photograph, the second sketch is not even close to the video description of the man on the bridge from the Liberty German phone video.

We have to remember we do not know everything the police know about the case. Still, the confounding nature of the sketches combined with the video taken from Liberty German's phone has me wondering if the investigation is headed in the right direction.

I do think that he had on some kind of disguise. That white thing hanging in front does look like mask of sorts. Some version of this. The video has a lot of refracted light.
https://www.amazon.com/Disguise-Tra...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

If everyone is looking for someone 18-40
In my opinion the terminolgy "18-40" is an absolute joke. How similar does an 18 look to a 40? Not at all.
"Around 25" or "around 35" is much clearer, and even then, it seems calamitous, given that the video footage shows a pot-bellied guy beyond middle age.
I'm smelling a complete and utter shambles here, and it really didnt have to be this way.

Merriam-Webster
English Language Learners Definition of powerful
: having the ability to control or influence people or things ✅
: having a strong effect on someone or something ✅
: having or producing a lot of physical strength or force ✅

Alibi: What, if it had been credible in 2017, being just "on the road" from point A appt. to point B appt. for max. 1,5 hours, with a little power nap on the roadside somewhere? Done. (IF the murder happened as fast as LE said.)
MOO

The problem is, unless someone saw him in the vicinity of the bridge, his alibi flies. If people did see him, he has to prove his alibi, or someone has to break it. I think he prepared his alibi well, and someone drove his car, only he was not there. So check all fast food places along the road, all receipts, videos of the driver. But I think that instead of doing it three years ago, LE was chasing RL or DN, and now it is too late.

So LE hopes that someone will break BG’s alibi. Fat chance, that person is probably dependent on him, financially or socially. I imagine it is a she. To this person (the female providing the alibi), the citation from the Officer’s guide, “enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear considerable watching”, fits to a T.

Last edited:
I don't have an opinion on how well-known BG might be in his community, but I don't think he is a very powerful person. And this is all MOO but I believe that a person who tries to get power by controlling two little girls is often a very cowardly type who has no real power in his day to day life. He's probably been the object of derision or pity at some point because of how weak or cowardly he is.

I'll take it one step further and say that a person who kills in this manner is often obsessed with the control they don't have and envy those who embody it. So BG may fear but at the same time wish he was like the police officers that we see. When he sees Doug Carter and Tobe Leazenby in their uniforms at the press conferences he probably has a lot of mixed emotions that center around on his own inferiority.
Do you think it's possible that there was any organizational planning involved with BG or it was just a happenstance that the girl's were there and were chosen?

All in Personal Opinion

No I do not think BG is a powerful human being, however, I do think BG is possibly related to money and power. It is possible the money and power are protecting the identity of Mr BG.

It is always surprising who lives in small communities

Yes, probably someone important’s third cousin twice removed, by second marriage or so, whom they see on Thanksgiving if that, but LE is in such deference of the powerful relative that he won’t even dare to pursue the killer.

ETA: in my view, no one is, or should be, held responsible, for a killer in the family, as long as they don't cover him up.

Last edited:

Interesting you bring up these good points.

Seems to me a lot of "wannabe" types perpetrate certain types of crimes. People who either wish they had a military or LE background, or both, but they either can't or couldn't get into one or both, or were forced out for psych reasons.

Once in a while LE or military or ex-military folks (think IK) perpetrate what I'd call more organized "fantasy" crimes like what happened with A&L.

At the end of the day, I think these people are sociopaths and severe sadists.

JMO

Interesting you bring up these good points.

Seems to me a lot of "wannabe" types perpetrate certain types of crimes. People who either wish they had a military or LE background, or both, but they either can't or couldn't get into one or both, or were forced out for psych reasons.

Once in a while LE or military or ex-military folks (think IK) perpetrate what I'd call more organized "fantasy" crimes like what happened with A&L.

At the end of the day, I think these people are sociopaths and severe sadists.

JMO

My bet would be not on a failed military man, and not on a profession. He could be military, of course. But i view him as an obtuse religious hypocrite, for whom the world is viewed as black and white. He tends to views women as evil temptresses, worthy of punishment. He has a little bit of “Madonna and prostitute” complex, and his world is split. But since his opinions change 180 degrees in 5 minutes, the moment the revered “Madonna” turns into “a prostitute” in his mind, he gets off his rocker.

I think he is attracted to young girls because of hypervalued perception of “virginity”. He has intense imaginary world, populated by young, flawless, girls. His inner world is also violent, and has always been such.

I haven't made it here for a while, but I had a thought I wanted to share. In the beginning, I was fairly sure there were two people involved, but after LE said there was only one, I believed that for a couple years. Now I'm starting to lean back toward there being a second one. My reasons are: LE believes the guy is local because he appears to have known the area. They believe the man on the bridge and in the sketch/es was at least partially responsible for the deaths. In spite of being presumed local, no locals seem to recognize him. My reasoning is that all of the statements are more-or-less true, but the reason no locals seem to know him is that the man caught on camera isn't a local, but he was with someone else who is/was. If that were the case, the local person may not look anything at all like the man in the video or in the sketch, and the man on the bridge could have stayed with that person for a day or more and then left discretely when it felt safe. I have no idea if there is a second person involved, but it does seem likely to me. MOO

My bet would be not on a failed military man, and not on a profession. He could be military, of course. But i view him as an obtuse religious hypocrite, for whom the world is viewed as black and white. He tends to views women as evil temptresses, worthy of punishment. He has a little bit of “Madonna and prostitute” complex, and his world is split. But since his opinions change 180 degrees in 5 minutes, the moment the revered “Madonna” turns into “a prostitute” in his mind, he gets off his rocker.

I think he is attracted to young girls because of hypervalued perception of “virginity”. He has intense imaginary world, populated by young, flawless, girls. His inner world is also violent, and has always been such.
bbm
Do you think, he has female siblings or is, who he is, because he has not?

FromGermany
I made a reply to your post but it did not go through correctly and end up in the right place so you may have missed it. Apologies.
Never mind. :)
-.-
I just did find your reply:
If he had to travel 15 hours total to commit this crime, he would not be considered local. IMO, a 15 hour time frame for a powerful person to commit this crime would be a notable absence to account for. More than one other person would know a powerful person has been out of touch for that long.
My answer to you:
Nooo, not 15 hours! 1,5 or 1 1/2 hours only!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if they come across him earlier on the trails before going on the bridge and something about him - how he looked, mannerisms, how he looked at them - creeped them out.
Maybe, the girls thought, they had recognized him ("well-known" locally in widest sense), but then too much didn't fit with the person and they became completely unsettled. Although I wonder, why they didn't name him (with his real name, they thought of) in their conversation. MOO

Never mind. :)
-.-
I just did find your reply:
If he had to travel 15 hours total to commit this crime, he would not be considered local. IMO, a 15 hour time frame for a powerful person to commit this crime would be a notable absence to account for. More than one other person would know a powerful person has been out of touch for that long.
My answer to you:
Nooo, not 15 hours! 1,5 or 1 1/2 hours only!

^^ Only the time being at the crime scene, not the whole time, he was absent from home/business (which is NOT at Delphi, I believe). Alibi for having an appt. in/near Delphi cleared, open for speculations only
1h - 1,5hs at the crime scene, which you could explain away somehow, IF YOU ARE SOMEONE WELL-KNOWN of a special sort.

Maybe, the girls thought, they had recognized him ("well-known" locally in widest sense), but then too much didn't fit with the person and they became completely unsettled. Although I wonder, why they didn't name him (with his real name, they thought of) in their conversation. MOO
I agree that if they knew the Perp, even by sight, they would have mentioned it in their conversation. The exception, however is that sometimes we have a hard time placing people out of context, in a unexpected location. (e.g. seeing someone in the grocery store that you see occasionally at the gym).

The Perp could have been the type who lurked in the shadows, hovering around locations where children/young teens could be easily observed. The list of those scenarios is so long I won't even attempt to list examples. Some of us have speculated he is attached to a family member that works closely with children/teens, and I see this as a strong possibility.

It's time. Let's round up this Loser.

Amateur opinion and speculation

^^ Only the time being at the crime scene, not the whole time, he was absent from home/business (which is NOT at Delphi, I believe). Alibi for having an appt. in/near Delphi cleared, open for speculations only
1h - 1,5hs at the crime scene, which you could explain away somehow, IF YOU ARE SOMEONE WELL-KNOWN of a special sort.
Apologize. I thought you meant 15 hours. Where I live in a rural area, local to us would mean anything within an hours drive for us due to extended family and friendship groups. A lot of small towns and smaller communities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member