Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #126

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I think, the driver wasn't "unwitting" and drove with BG before, helping him to escape from a similar crime scene. Probably he was looking like sketch #1, if sketch #2 is BG. MOO of course.

When I look at your Avatar picture it looks like an article I just read. A 24 year old was accused of murder in Fort Wayne, Indiana. He is now in custody and the article is from Mansfield News Journal. It was under Richland_County_ Most Wanted.

I know if LE considered him they would look into it. I was just wondering if anyone else had thoughts on his photo.

When I look at your Avatar picture it looks like an article I just read. A 24 year old was accused of murder in Fort Wayne, Indiana. He is now in custody and the article is from Mansfield News Journal. It was under Richland_County_ Most Wanted.

I know if LE considered him they would look into it. I was just wondering if anyone else had thoughts on his photo.

We discussed our thoughts here but everything was deleted because he's not a named POI.

The sketches only matter in this case if they are the right sketches. It does not matter if someone finds a person who looks nearly identical to either sketch #1, sketch #2(young bridge guy), or Liberty German's video.

Even if the police found the person responsible, they better have something like DNA or fingerprints to connect the person to the girls. Liberty German's video or any of the sketches will never hold up in court. I think a defense attorney would laugh at the idea. I do not even think you could find twelve people on this forum that would agree that what they see(concerning the video or sketches) is the same thing. So why do people do comparisons of the police sketches or Liberty German's video to actual people? I don't know.

Liberty German's video was always the truest description of the man on the bridge. Sketch #2 of the young bridge guy looks nothing like the video to me. But since the case is not solved the argument can be made that the investigation is going in the right direction with the right sketch.

I think one day, he will feel too bored with life. We are feeding him, too, with our interest. I am thinking, with the Internet abuzz over Delphi, one doesn’t need mementos. We provide them.

But one day, either his racing mind will take over, or he will simply feel his life being empty and useless. I think this will be the day... MOO.
bbm bbm
Though he will not be able to afford confessing to his crimes, I believe. MOO

So the police, and us, are thinking. “How did they cross the creek? Did they? How did he make an exit?” Also, the police, knowing the essence of physical evidence, is thinking, “what was it for?”

For nothing. To make them think. To laugh at them, and us?

I think this person pretends to be the decent member of the society, and as such, goes through the hoops. But deep inside, he despises the small-town mentality, maybe because he had to adhere to it for a while.

I think he is not young. Because some things he could do, dreams to do, to change his life, he can not.

And this is where the anger comes from. I think one morning he woke up, looked around, and thought it would be his life, forever.

I think he is constantly suicidal. But before he takes ultimate control over own life, he tries to do it with others’.

MOO. I would feel sorry for the person having to constantly conform, but can not understand the sadistic part of it.
^^ This, the whole part of your post! Thank you! :)

Is there a place where locals go to 'misbehave' and often leave certain objects behind (condoms/syringes/drink cans) that could be moved?
-.-.-
But if items which would be virtually impossible to just stumble across were moved, BG is either playing games with the crime scene, having watched lots of crime tv shows, or there's a very good reason why.

^^ This. :)

From that article:

The homicides of Abby Williams and Libby German struck a personal note with Riley.

"I was there at the crime scene," he explained. "I saw what most people will never get to see, hopefully. It will stay in my mind for a long time. I raised two girls myself, and just seeing those young girls being killed in the way they were, it just one of those things. It will stay with me."

bbm bbm
Though he will not be able to afford confessing to his crimes, I believe. MOO

no. He will not confess. He will simply cross to the other side. But in contrast to others, I think he is not a coward, and this way out will be straightforward. He just wants to enjoy what he can enjoy.

P.S. he should have done what my friend did when he reached 40 and realized he was leading a dual life. He went to another country and ...had the courage to be who he wanted to be, to start anew, to be happy. But for this, one has to believe that what one took as the only truth, may be not. That one takes for “heroism” may not be the only heroism, and that destroying everything around does not change oneself.

Last edited:
I tend to believe this killer walked in the direction of the cemetery and then stayed inside the treeline till he got to the beginning of the trail. That is, he minimized his exposure to others after the murders. I wonder if the some, if not all, of the witnesses saw him before the murders as opposed to after. But that is just how I picture it going down.

I agree. If he planned this, he may have been down at the CS all along.. then came the 3/4 mile along the north bank to work his way back to the trail area maybe 50 yards short of that and hid behind trees.

If he was staging there at the CS, then let the girls pass and walk to the the other side of the bridge, then checked to his right to see nobody coming up the trail, that would be how he stalked them.

he would also have known and had the implements at the CS.

Wow! This guy was one of those that was in front of the media a LOT. Hard to imagine this case without him.

I don’t see Kim Riley retiring as a good sign that this case is going to be solved in the near future. Surely if he felt things were moving toward an arrest sometime soon he would stay on to enjoy the satisfaction of seeing it resolved. Just my thoughts.

I don’t see Kim Riley retiring as a good sign that this case is going to be solved in the near future. Surely if he felt things were moving toward an arrest sometime soon he would stay on to enjoy the satisfaction of seeing it resolved. Just my thoughts.

As public information officer, he didn't have an investigative role so I'm not sure you can read too much into the timing of it. I was more disappointed about Ives retiring at what seemed (at the time) to be a critical stage.

I do not think the retirement has any impact on the investigation of the case. It is that there will be one less person actively investigating the case who knew the details surrounding it.

Retirement is a reflection of time. And as time passes, fewer people investigate a case. Fewer people remember the details. Fewer people discuss it. Outside of the people that know about this case, there are probably many that have never heard about it.

As time moves on, it seems like many cases, whether they be unsolved murders or missing person's cases, are stuck in time. I could write a long list here of all the unsolved cases and the one thing that seems consistent with all of them is that they seem to be stuck on the date they happened. Yet everything else eventually moves on.

I do not think the retirement has any impact on the investigation of the case. It is that there will be one less person actively investigating the case who knew the details surrounding it.

Retirement is a reflection of time. And as time passes, fewer people investigate a case. Fewer people remember the details. Fewer people discuss it. Outside of the people that know about this case, there are probably many that have never heard about it.

As time moves on, it seems like many cases, whether they be unsolved murders or missing person's cases, are stuck in time. I could write a long list here of all the unsolved cases and the one thing that seems consistent with all of them is that they seem to be stuck on the date they happened. Yet everything else eventually moves on.

Yours is a very sad post but I think it totally applies to this case.

“...stuck on the date they happened. Yet everything else eventually moves on.” Those words will stick with me for awhile.

I wish Kim Riley long, happy, retirement. Understanding that it took 20 years to catch GRK, I think his retirement is not critical. But it will probably be good for himself, and his health.

Both Delphi murders, and Flora fire, deemed to be an arson, are two huge tragedies.

If there is dna, I wonder if local service clubs, rotary, lions etc, could host a ged match drive? Collect many samples from the community. Surely there is a cousin or relative that might participate and unknowingly give up the perp. Just a thought
In one of the podcast episodes, I think LE said the majority of individuals they'd spoken with about this case (regardless if the individual was a POI or a witness or what have you) have voluntarily provided their DNA.

ETA: I found the transcript where it mentions this in Scene of the Crime: Delphi — Evidence
Episode 4.

Despite the vague references about the presence of DNA, many were asked to give DNA samples in the days and weeks following the murders. The families have all given samples of their DNA samples, and Kelsie says she’s given them DNA three separate times. In addition, the Delphi residents spoken to during the course of the investigation were also asked to give voluntary DNA samples.

(In another episode, Tobe Leazenby states that LE has collected DNA from every individual they've been interested in.)

Last edited:
Are we to believe more than two years into the investigation it just suddenly occurred to the Task Force the suspect must’ve known something about the existence of High Bridge Trail in advance of the murders? Nothing of the uniqueness of crime scene had changed in over two years so did LE just suddenly have a great aha moment? If that is true, I’d have to wonder about the quality of the investigation in general. Taking over two years for the lightbulb to brightly glow over the improbability of a complete stranger swooshing in and out that same afternoon sounds like a keystone cops thing to me.

It went the other way. The initial assumption and focus was local. Michael Katt on YouTube had a useful phone interview with Leazenby a couple of years ago in which Leazenby conceded the local search went nowhere, so that's why they switched to consideration of someone from outside the area.

But after that interview they obviously gained the information about the car and its travels that day. That prompted the attention shift to return toward local.

I don't think Bridge Guy had anything stashed at the crime scene. The overwhelming likelihood was that he would not find a victim. He doesn't want to traipse over there and retrieve things. I guess it's possible he could have left stuff down there indefinitely. I doubt that area had any foot traffic in prior months if not years. But more likely anything he left at the scene he had on his person. A signature doesn't have to be the size of a painting.

Regarding how he got out of there without being seen...there was nobody to see him. That is forever going to be an unpopular truism, just like the fact that the girls were anything but trapped. They could have raced into that backyard within 10-12 seconds...long before Bridge Guy reached the end of the bridge. He would not have followed.

I've been spending less time on this case and I have to say it is immensely preferable. And it does provide perspective toward all the insistence that they know who Bridge Guy is, and it's just a matter of time. Let's just say every day I pay no attention to this case I'm not exactly wondering if I'll read tomorrow that someone is in custody.

It went the other way. The initial assumption and focus was local. Michael Katt on YouTube had a useful phone interview with Leazenby a couple of years ago in which Leazenby conceded the local search went nowhere, so that's why they switched to consideration of someone from outside the area.

But after that interview they obviously gained the information about the car and its travels that day. That prompted the attention shift to return toward local.

I don't think Bridge Guy had anything stashed at the crime scene. The overwhelming likelihood was that he would not find a victim. He doesn't want to traipse over there and retrieve things. I guess it's possible he could have left stuff down there indefinitely. I doubt that area had any foot traffic in prior months if not years. But more likely anything he left at the scene he had on his person. A signature doesn't have to be the size of a painting.

Regarding how he got out of there without being seen...there was nobody to see him. That is forever going to be an unpopular truism, just like the fact that the girls were anything but trapped. They could have raced into that backyard within 10-12 seconds...long before Bridge Guy reached the end of the bridge. He would not have followed.

I've been spending less time on this case and I have to say it is immensely preferable. And it does provide perspective toward all the insistence that they know who Bridge Guy is, and it's just a matter of time. Let's just say every day I pay no attention to this case I'm not exactly wondering if I'll read tomorrow that someone is in custody.

Wow, that bottom part is one of the best posts I have seen. You really put it in perspective. You are smart too! thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24