Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #127

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, in part. At one point, all of it was being focused on. Part of my point here was that this appeal was pretty recent (Jan 2020). So, to me the lack of mention about the audio but the continued focus on the clothing and mannerisms speaks to them being separate. All this doesn’t really matter, anyway, just that the public helps them with their current appeal of naming that person depicted on the bridge. I’ve done that. The other reason I support this, is because of my ‘BG’ POI. MOO

Can you explain what you mean by the bolded part?

I don't understand the difference between Libby and Abby re parents?

Neither, except for Libby was seeing her dad on a regular basis, and her mom, frequently enough. With Abby's dad, I am not so sure. (I might be wrong, of course; in this case, I apologize). ETA: It is not who the parent is, it is how predictable it is to find parental DNA on the kid. JMO.

Almost as if he had walked that bridge before.

Possibly a seasoned bridge builder.

Or roofer.

Framers and concrete guys walk on walls, good balance needed to do so.

Pump jacks raise a guy up to do siding work, or painting.

What skills do people need to restore old bridges?

Neither, except for Libby was seeing her dad on a regular basis, and her mom, frequently enough. With Abby's dad, I am not so sure. (I might be wrong, of course; in this case, I apologize). ETA: It is not who the parent is, it is how predictable it is to find parental DNA on the kid. JMO.
I agree. Libby lived in the same house as her dad, and Abby’s dad wasn’t in the picture at all. JMO

Supt. Carter also visited her at school 3 times she said so maybe that was when he took the swabs. I have also always felt that she knows more than LE has told us but that’s fine as long as they know all that she knows.

I doubt the investigators have Carter collecting swabs.

For something as important as this - preparing an elimination sample from the last known person to see two murder victims - surely LE would have a technician who is certified in DNA analysis do it, not the state police superintendent/political appointee. MOO

What skills do people need to restore old bridges?

This would depend on what restoration was being performed. Foundation work would be different from welding, or setting steel. Sandblasting, painting.

But to walk across the bridge without concern could surely be a skill used by lots of folks in the trades.

I work on a construction site. The siding guys are up high walking back and forth on a plank, the concrete guys often walk a foundation wall, the framers can walk a 2x4 wall on top, and the roofers, well, they go right to the edge up there, without fear, and nail down tar paper, drip edge, and shingles.

My gut says roofer, bridge construction, or big time familiarity with the area, having crossed the bridge numerous, if not many times, or a combination thereof. Guarantee a roofer would walk across that bridge and not even break a sweat.

I would wager BG is in the construction trade, likely residential homes.

Me speculating again :)

This would depend on what restoration was being performed. Foundation work would be different from welding, or setting steel. Sandblasting, painting.

But to walk across the bridge without concern could surely be a skill used by lots of folks in the trades.

I work on a construction site. The siding guys are up high walking back and forth on a plank, the concrete guys often walk a foundation wall, the framers can walk a 2x4 wall on top, and the roofers, well, they go right to the edge up there, without fear, and nail down tar paper, drip edge, and shingles.

My gut says roofer, bridge construction, or big time familiarity with the area, having crossed the bridge numerous, if not many times, or a combination thereof. Guarantee a roofer would walk across that bridge and not even break a sweat.

This is one of my versions. Another one, anyone who was in gymnastics in young age (bar) could have the feeling. I have met such men, not tall but wiry, they often came from gymnastics.

Yet one more version - martial arts. Any. And this is the place I haven't checked; there is a studio in Delphi, and several in Frankfort. This version seemed quite plausible to me.

The main thing we are all discussing - genetically, this man is wired in such a way that he is not afraid of heights.

While people can train themselves, fear of heights is genetic - some brains need more visual input to get the "I am standing on the earth" sensation. Such people are afraid of heights, and vistas. To others, their proprioceptors give enough "earthly" feeling even if they are on a high bridge.

Okay thanks, wasn’t sure what you were saying as neither Libby nor Abby’s DNA requires a Gedmatch search. It’s the killer who’s identity is unknown.

No. Neither girl, nor their parents or friends who agreed for DNA collection. I was speaking about M/P parts of a genome only, Gedmatch was used as an example.

In real life, I am thinking about highly mixed samples, and the difficulty of working with them.

We have no "proof" that he crossed the bridge. We only "know" what we saw in Libby's video. IF he came up from below he may have only "walked" 60-70 feet on the bridge.

In my opinion all crossing that bridge entailed was a young man who grew up near the area and crossed the bridge previous as a teen. Possibly works close to the area and is his own boss/ and or lives close to the bridge without any obligations to be missing from. If you lived or worked within a mile give or take and could cover or switch your clothing out even if you showed up on camera back near their home or office it couldn't be proved. No car, no phone, no proof. Something tells me this is simple but there is no visual proof near the scene.

The main thing we are all discussing - genetically, this man is wired in such a way that he is not afraid of heights.

While people can train themselves, fear of heights is genetic - some brains need more visual input to get the "I am standing on the earth" sensation. Such people are afraid of heights, and vistas. To others, their proprioceptors give enough "earthly" feeling even if they are on a high bridge.
bbm
Seemingly, Abby and Libby were also wired this way, so it is no "sensation" really for BG. Afaik, Abby tried to cross the MHB for the first time (first time, her mummy learned of it) and she made it til the end.
I for my part would never ever have done it; crossing railway tracks in a height of 3-4m (?) across a little shallow creek in my hometown made me dizzy and scared already. One day in my youth I wasn't able to cross any longer, and this special walk was avoided since then. I don't have it in my genes, whereas my daughter throws herself into every dangerous adventure (actually she can't be related to me ;), but well to her father, who was a carpenter).

Last edited by a moderator:
From the article linked by FromGermany...BBM...
"Anna Williams said she and Libby's family are encouraging people to remember the girls by participating in a food drive and pet supply donation from 5 to 7 p.m."

The girls must have had a strong connection with pets if they are collecting supplies in remembrance of the girls, IMO. I wonder if the girls volunteered at a pet shelter/adoption center? Anyone know?
That's an idea, to think about a connection between BG and the girls and why he might have stalked these victims and not other ones (IF he stalked)!

In my opinion all crossing that bridge entailed was a young man who grew up near the area and crossed the bridge previous as a teen. Possibly works close to the area and is his own boss/ and or lives close to the bridge without any obligations to be missing from. If you lived or worked within a mile give or take and could cover or switch your clothing out even if you showed up on camera back near their home or office it couldn't be proved. No car, no phone, no proof. Something tells me this is simple but there is no visual proof near the scene.

He has to be a real daredevil perhaps, with years of experiences on quite a few high bridges with railroad tracks, no matter where.
- Speculation -

There are courageous people, who are trying out everything, that could be possibly also dangerous. Maybe, BG is one of them?
I agree, it's not such a big deal that BG crossed that old bridge. Many people do similar things because they love the thrill of doing something daring, just that. We know BG was capable of putting his fear to the side and perform a daring task but then so was Abby. While Abby's daring was for the shear fun of doing it, it was a means to an end for her killer.

I wonder, did any girls or women ever report being accosted on those Delphi trails? I vaguely remember reading about something like that happening nearby?

I know that one fellow stating he was bothered by a bum for money. That's a bit different than a reprobate bothering females.

bbm
Seemingly, Abby and Libby were also wired this way, so it is no "sensation" really for BG. Afaik, Abby tried to cross the MHB for the first time (first time, her mummy learned of it) and she made it til the end.
I for my part would never ever have done it; crossing railway tracks in a height of 3-4m (?) across a little shallow creek in my hometown made me dizzy and scared already. One day in my youth I wasn't able to cross any longer, and this special walk was avoided since then. I don't have it in my genes, whereas my daughter throws herself into every dangerous adventure (actually she can't be related to me ;), but well to her father, who was a carpenter).

I don’t have any problem getting up the stairs on , say, pyramids, but getting down makes me panicky. So it takes me long to descend. I have horrible fear of heights and vistas, but don’t remember having it as a child.

I think you're more than likely correct on this. But, it was a nice day outside. Why wouldn't he have been on the job at those hours?
I can think of different reasons, material delays, waiting for inspection, fired, in between jobs with the main contractor, called in sick, etc.

I agree, possibly BG used the tracks/path as a short cut on foot quite frequently and was very familiar with the area. IMO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

What a case. So unbelievably sad. My biggest concern is that it's just about time for this miscreant to be planning his next big attack. He must be caught before that happens. There needs to be another big media push so people can hear that voice.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I see a new angle here, and I'm not sure if this one has been explored. The younger male sketch, college-aged, and Delphi is stone's throw from Purdue. All LE would have to do is scan student ID's from that time period, narrow the search due to physical characteristics of the sketch, then have the eye witness review the ID's. Furthermore, someone residing in West Lafyette may know about the trail or researched opportune rural areas close to Purdue, but not so close as to where he could be identified by any witnesses. BG obviously is the suspect, and not college-aged, but he coulda crossed paths with the younger suspect in chat rooms, craigslist, or whatever and went from there.

Last edited:
I think I see a new angle here, and I'm not sure if this one has been explored. The younger male sketch, college-aged, and Delphi is stone's throw from Purdue. All LE would have to do is scan student ID's from that time period. Moreover, someone residing in West Lafyette may know about the trail or researched opportune areas close to Purdue, but not so close as to where he could be identified by any witnesses. BG obviously is the suspect, and not college-aged, but he coulda crossed paths with the younger suspect in chat rooms, craigslist, or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member