Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #127

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would depend on what restoration was being performed. Foundation work would be different from welding, or setting steel. Sandblasting, painting.

But to walk across the bridge without concern could surely be a skill used by lots of folks in the trades.

I work on a construction site. The siding guys are up high walking back and forth on a plank, the concrete guys often walk a foundation wall, the framers can walk a 2x4 wall on top, and the roofers, well, they go right to the edge up there, without fear, and nail down tar paper, drip edge, and shingles.

My gut says roofer, bridge construction, or big time familiarity with the area, having crossed the bridge numerous, if not many times, or a combination thereof. Guarantee a roofer would walk across that bridge and not even break a sweat.

I would wager BG is in the construction trade, likely residential homes.

Me speculating again :)

Me speculating, too...

He had the day off from work, in fact may have been on unemployment due to being a seasonal worker.

I've thought this for some time, re: BG's occupations and why he would have been there when it was a regular work day for most people in this region of the country. I'd also thought "shift worker", and I know for sure that various large-scale factories were canvassed by LE in the weeks after the murders, locals here have talked about it since I moved to central IN in recent weeks. However even though various true crime cases have involved off-duty shift workers over the years, I don't picture a shift worker from an off-shift hanging out at the MHB to stalk people, they usually stalk and attack closer to home or work. After their shift has ended. At least in the cases I've researched in recent years.

I'm picturing a seasonal worker or someone with time on their hands during their work schedule, which obviously leaves the possibilities wide-open.

JMO

I don't have to know, what BG did to these poor girls. But there is something, I would like to know, because it would help to imagine, how it went from there (after the crime):
MUST the BG have had bloody clothes / shoes or not?

Another thought: BG wouldn't have worn his super-favorite shoes, some sort of "lucky charm", if he knew, they would be badly polluted within his evil actions.

.....BG obviously is the suspect, and not college-aged, but he coulda crossed paths with the younger suspect in chat rooms, craigslist, or whatever and went from there.

I’m not quite following you. In April, 2019 the sketch of the younger person was released (age 18 to 40, might look younger than his age).

It’s this younger sketch who was believed to depict BG when the New Direction was announced by LE. At the same time LE de-emphasized the sketch of the older person that was released earlier. They’ve never conclusively stated more than one person was involved in the murders, nor that the two men depicted in the two different sketches were connected in any way.

“According to an ISP release, the new sketch of the clean-shaven man “is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge.”...”
Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies

While I believe certain occupations such construction of tall buildings tend to have persons with less fear of heights, I don't believe looking at those professions will lead us to this killer. Such a person crossing the bridge could just as well be a CPA as someone who cleans windows on multi-story buildings while standing on a scaffold. (Purely an example here as any CPA would definitely be smack in the middle of tax season with the corporate tax return deadline a month away at that point in time.) Not long after the murders a lady made a video of herself and her significant other (BF? Husband? I don't remember) walking across the bridge and then walking down the hill on the other side. Just recently a YouTube producer, Tyler Draper, made a video of himself crossing the bridge on his first trip to Delphi and his past occupation was physical education teacher in an elementary school.

I do tend to believe this killer had been on that trail and bridge sometime in his past. Not because he was comfortable walking over the bridge, though. But rather because he was aware of the existence of the trail and the area off-trail walking toward the creek from the other end. IOW, he was familiar with that area in general and not just the bridge.

Me speculating, too...

He had the day off from work

JMO

rsbm

Wasn't this President's Day or Lincoln's Birthday?

My office is in a county courthouse. I work both those days, and Veteran's Day, while technically the Courthouse is closed & most County employees are off.

This could account for BG's scheduling freedom.

jmho ymmv lrr

I think the facts of this case have yet to be established due to the poor investigative work. I hear two voices, and being that Delphi has demonstrated an inability or unwillingness to close this case, I’m going with my gut as it has historically been far more accurate than rural law enforcement.
I’m not quite following you. In April, 2019 the sketch of the younger person was released (age 18 to 40, might look younger than his age).

It’s this younger sketch who was believed to depict BG when the New Direction was announced by LE. At the same time LE de-emphasized the sketch of the older person that was released earlier. They’ve never conclusively stated more than one person was involved in the murders, nor that the two men depicted in the two different sketches were connected in any way.

“According to an ISP release, the new sketch of the clean-shaven man “is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge.”...”
Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies

I don't have to know, what BG did to these poor girls. But there is something, I would like to know, because it would help to imagine, how it went from there (after the crime):
MUST the BG have had bloody clothes / shoes or not?

Another thought: BG wouldn't have worn his super-favorite shoes, some sort of "lucky charm", if he knew, they would be badly polluted within his evil actions.
I'm curious about this part as well. Although if the killer used a handgun and/or strangulation he wouldn't likely have blood that would be noticeable except by very close examination. He would very likely have trousers that were wet at least up to his knees and perhaps mid thighs. The sketches from 'witnesses' (in quotes because they did not actually see anyone commit these murders) makes me wonder if he was actually seen AFTER the crime and seen close enough to notice that the color difference in the trousers was because they were wet. Obviously a person stating they saw someone leave the area and their trousers - in the middle of winter - were wet would likely have spotted the killer. It makes me wonder if the sketches were sightings of some unknown or unidentified person in the area BEFORE the murders were committed.

I had this thought the other day about the two sketches released. What if LE knows who BG is, but released the second sketch of the younger version to make BG think they are looking at his son/younger relative for the crime. Thinking this may lead BG or family member to confess. Wild theory with no proof but just a thought I had.

Depends if they have DNA or not. If they don’t they’re screwed because they don’t have anything else. If they do logistics point to a younger offender not convicted of a felony. DNA indexing is pretty much universal these days in felony convictions, regardless of the type of crime.

I think the facts of this case have yet to be established due to the poor investigative work. I hear two voices, and being that Delphi has demonstrated an inability or unwillingness to close this case, I’m going with my gut as it has historically been far more accurate than rural law enforcement.
There are far more than just Andy and Barney from Mayberry working on this case. They have had agency support and help from technologists on the images and video. There is only so much that can be done with that video with what is available today; but advancing rapidly.

LE has made no mention of two Perp voices. You may be hearing a mili-second of a suppressed vocal from one of the girls. It could be in the editing that sound byte has been slowed down and sounds like a male voice. There is no incentive for LE *not* to disclose if there were two male Perp voices. As such, I'm going only with what LE has provided/instructed. Listen to this voice, look at the second sketch. That's your BG.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I had this thought the other day about the two sketches released. What if LE knows who BG is, but released the second sketch of the younger version to make BG think they are looking at his son/younger relative for the crime. Thinking this may lead BG or family member to confess. Wild theory with no proof but just a thought I had.

I feel like a defense attorney would tear that "strategy" apart if this ever goes to trial.

There's only one voice; the inflection is differs between "guys" (getting the girls' attention) and "down the hill" (giving them a command), but the voice is the same.

A case like this is over "rural law enforcement's" head, which is why the state cops are involved. Indiana is the 1th largest state by population, and Indianapolis is the 17th largest city in the US by population, right between San Francisco and Seattle. The ISP has handled plenty of major cases.

Only about 60% of murders are ever solved. Each year there are about 20,000 murders in the US—and that isn't counting all of the murders that are mis-attributed to suicide, accidents, or natural causes—which means that about 8,000 people get away with murder in the US every year. If the average murderer lives for fifty years after committing murder, which is a reasonable estimate, then there are about 400,000 unapprehended murderers walking the streets in the US. You probably know a few of them; I probably do, too.

Murders committed by strangers are the toughest ones to solve. Those are usually only solved if the murderer brags about the crime, and I don't think BG is going to do that.

I followed this case closely at the start and became disheartened by the lack of leads we know there is audio and video. I suspect there’s DNA, although I’m not convinced of that! I really thought someone would have come forward by now with info. If there is DNA can familial genealogy be used? Seems it wasn’t a robbery or we wouldn’t have the phone video. He or them didn’t seem to be too worried about leaving a phone behind or being seen when entering or leaving. It’s like no attempt to cover up was made, but somehow they are getting away with it.
Moo
I feel your frustration and I feel the same way.
I have spent many days and hours on this case since the beginning.
I have traveled to Delphi, met family, visited the trails and bridge.
I am so frustrated.

side note..you might ask why they do it..they do it because they get exquisite pleasure from the pain they have caused.

Being able to be close to his victim in death adds to the fantasy and allows the killer to cherish and re-live his violent act and stay connected to the victim.

Think of how Jodi Arias became visibly excited by the conversation around photos of the victim and begged to see them. think of how she wrote letters to Travis's family.

it's a thing they do as Im sure you all are aware... mOO
Right ?!?!?!
So, who do we know has spent a lot of time in Delphi?
Has inserted himself into the case??
Was searching or around the searchers/ related to searchers?
Has vocally talked about the case ??
I'm down the rabbit hole with a few :)

My thoughts, back on the aspect of the kayak, is that one thing that threw off investigators is that they were keyed in in finding a vehicle when they should have been seeing who all owns a kayak. Think about it. A kayak is quiet and can be extra stealthy on the water if it has a camouflage motif. How many people would be on the river, right there on the bank, as opposed to people on land (ie potential witnesses). He could have paddled pretty far down the river...we don't know. It just makes sense to me. If we see this guy as a hunter, then I propose that he could have easily been a fisherman too. So he may have known the river. I live in Texas and most all of the hunters I know are also fishermen. It goes hand in hand.
I did a little research on weight of an open-top kayak, and it typically weighs between 35-65 pounds. Pretty easy to handle by one person. Throw it in the bed of a truck and be gone.
IMO, MOO
I have often thought about traveling by river
add in 4-wheeler/ motorcycle/ trails also.

Deer Creek flows in the direction of Delphi. It would be risky to escape via kayak in that direction. Who knows, as this killer seems to be one who would take a risk.

I still think he parked in that cemetery. Car not seen from the road. Nobody knew he was parked there. Right up the hill from the crime scene, and gone.
150% agree
He parked at the cemetery, JMO
and I have said this since day one even thought the so called witness' said they saw him enter and leave going towards FB.
It is just my gut feeling.
I went to the cemetery, I parked down in the corner, my car could NOT be seen from road and I could not see the road.
I parked right across from the crime scene, right next to RL property.

Can be both: the girls witnessed something, perhaps wanted to investigate because of their curiosity and were contacted by the perp/s via an unknown app. Who knows ..... Hasn't to have happened the same day in February, but in the course of a few weeks. (Think of the phone reset again.) IMO
-.-.-
Btw, I wonder, if AW meanwhile recognized the man, who spoke to her in a parking spot in 2017.
When did this happen ??
Do you have a link for this info that I BBM ???

Iirc didn’t Libby experiment in doing lip sync videos? Maybe that was a connection. Seems as though musical.ly has been replaced with tiktok
Yes, and there are probably some older men who "liked" or watched LG tictok that are local.
JMO

Sometimes i wonder if BG would be caught if one of the girls had gotten away. Would she have been able to help identify him?

we have speculated that maybe one of the girls could’ve gotten away but chose to stay with her friend. I wonder if he had concerns about One of them getting away and getting help. Maybe he was in such an altered mental state that he did not think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NorthernMIguy