Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #132

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's at the end of a driveway but not the driveway to the house at the end of the road. The abandoned railway runs right along that property and I thought following that would be a good way for BG to exit the area. He would end up on W 200 N and about 1/2 mile from Hoosier Heartland Hwy.

Okay, thanks!

One misconception this video does prove is the initial investigation might’ve involved only local officers in over their heads and as a result didn’t process the crime scene thoroughly. The amount of police presence along with other crime scene investigators on site was absolutely huge!

Ok, I've been studying the video from the chopper for the better part of an hour and I've noticed a few things that might be useful....

1. There were cars parked at the cemetery, and at a private residence (at the beginning of the video, before they show the cemetery).
2. If you watch carefully, people have said you can see the flashes from CSI cameras going off to the left of the screen around the 16/17 minute mark (you can, but I'm suggesting, this isn't what you think!).
3. Why not? Those are likely camera flashes, yes. Someone was probably photographing something of significance in that area - footprints? clothing? Other items of interest? Unsure. But watch very carefully!
Watch at 18:24. You'll see a police helicopter along the right side of the screen. Pay attention to the surroundings. The police chopper is over what I think is a tent covering the girls bodies / crime scene. If you pay attention, you can see a white tent under the police chopper at that time mark or just before.
5. Notice the area? I've matched in google earth and made some circles around land marks for reference:

A) red circle: police chopper and a V shape of some sort that seems to be the ground? I believe a tent or tarp is covering the bodies (or evidence) under the police chopper in the V shape.
B) Blue / green circle of trees (same trees I think are visible in the news chopper that is recording the police chopper / general scene).
C) Yellow line: main road that shows a property at the left side? Police vehicles were parked there as well. Confirm this by the white long rectangle building to the left of my line, also visible in the footage from the copper....

I now think that is where the girls were actually found, OR other significant evidence. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I measured in Google Earth - its about a half mile from the drop off spot, AND... there is an area where they could have been found about 50ft from the edge of the creek on that side. Plus a big sand bar (?) that may have made crossing easier.

I Think I see what you mean. Is it right after something has been Cut out of the video and you see something white (the tent you are talking about?) and something red that could look like a person wearing the same kind of outfit as the searchers seen in the creek. I am not sure what I see, but if you are right, this must be quite close to the cementary? And higher up on the Hill? It just does not make sense to me if this should be the crime scene, when comparing with the early videos with RL showing reporters the area and the female reporter in the Down the Hill documentary claiming to be walking in the CS area. They are on flat land Down the hill and you Can sense the Bowl like depression in the landscape as has been described. But who knows where they were actually found? Certainly not me who has never even been to the area and seen things with my own eyes.

Ok, I've been studying the video from the chopper for the better part of an hour and I've noticed a few things that might be useful....

1. There were cars parked at the cemetery, and at a private residence (at the beginning of the video, before they show the cemetery).
2. If you watch carefully, people have said you can see the flashes from CSI cameras going off to the left of the screen around the 16/17 minute mark (you can, but I'm suggesting, this isn't what you think!).
3. Why not? Those are likely camera flashes, yes. Someone was probably photographing something of significance in that area - footprints? clothing? Other items of interest? Unsure. But watch very carefully!
Watch at 18:24. You'll see a police helicopter along the right side of the screen. Pay attention to the surroundings. The police chopper is over what I think is a tent covering the girls bodies / crime scene. If you pay attention, you can see a white tent under the police chopper at that time mark or just before.
5. Notice the area? I've matched in google earth and made some circles around land marks for reference:

A) red circle: police chopper and a V shape of some sort that seems to be the ground? I believe a tent or tarp is covering the bodies (or evidence) under the police chopper in the V shape.
B) Blue / green circle of trees (same trees I think are visible in the news chopper that is recording the police chopper / general scene).
C) Yellow line: main road that shows a property at the left side? Police vehicles were parked there as well. Confirm this by the white long rectangle building to the left of my line, also visible in the footage from the copper....

I now think that is where the girls were actually found, OR other significant evidence. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I measured in Google Earth - its about a half mile from the drop off spot, AND... there is an area where they could have been found about 50ft from the edge of the creek on that side. Plus a big sand bar (?) that may have made crossing easier.
A. The white thing is a vehicle. There is a red one there also. Someone said those were the vehicles parked in the cemetery but no matter what way I turn my screen caps, I can't make that work.
C. That's the Mears farm where the cars were parked; most likely the best staging area.

I Think I see what you mean. Is it right after something has been Cut out of the video and you see something white (the tent you are talking about?) and something red that could look like a person wearing the same kind of outfit as the searchers seen in the creek. I am not sure what I see, but if you are right, this must be quite close to the cementary? And higher up on the Hill? It just does not make sense to me if this should be the crime scene, when comparing with the early videos with RL showing reporters the area and the female reporter in the Down the Hill documentary claiming to be walking in the CS area. They are on flat land Down the hill and you Can sense the Bowl like depression in the landscape as has been described. But who knows where they were actually found? Certainly not me who has never even been to the area and seen things with my own eyes.
For what it's worth, LE has said the bodies were found about 50 feet from he creek.

UPDATED: Official on Delphi double homicide: 'There is somebody out there who did this crime'
The bodies were located about 50 feet from the creek bank in an area without hiking trails, police said.

For anyone new here, who hasn't seen Holeman's statement, this is the quote that keeps me veering off course. I think it's important to remember how much we don't know in ALL aspects of this case.

Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana
“There’s a lot of false information out there,” Holeman confirms. “Social media, although not new… does impede our investigation. Like when people put up side-by-side photos of innocent people—or, at least, people with no ties to the state of Indiana or Delphi—which creates false [information]. People believe it [though] because it’s on the internet.”

And armchair detectives are even taking their interest in the case a step further by creating YouTube reenactments of the crime.

“[The videos] help us know that people don’t know [the true details], because the facts haven’t been released,” Holeman says. “People watch the news and think they are picking up on things, but it’s false. Nothing out there is accurate, which only leads to more false tips.”

I can respect what you and others are saying about precise distance maybe not being important to LE. I can't see them calling less than a quarter mile a half mile when describing a relatively small distance, but that's only been my perspective as of lately. Like I said, the idea is problematic in other ways, and I acknowledge that. For me, though, in this matter, I'm going to look at each piece of information we have with both the south cemetery and points farther east in mind. I figure it can't hurt, since what I think about the case is really insignificant in the end, anyway. JMO

In regards to that ravine area, it is on RL's property. On the attached map, you can see it almost following the east border of his property (everything in yellow). On other maps I've added distances and it's approximately 1/2 mile.

Years ago, if memory serves correctly, there's a wildlife trail behind the cemetery that runs parallel to the creek. It ends at a spot nearly pointing to the place where the CS is located. Whether BG was aware of this faint path, is unknown. It could explain why the searcher saw two deer nearby.
I do believe it was @Jethro4WS who discovered and documented this trail path.

Hope I am not breaking the WS rulles about mentioning YT videos, if so I apologies. There is a video posted on YouTube recently showing the Walk from the cementery to the crime scene (not sure if the person who has uploaded the video knows for sure where the crime scene was or just his/hers interpretation/guess of the crime scene). The video adds to the visual understanding of the surroundings (if it Can be trusted as a valid source).
I am not linking to the video, as not sure if that is acceptable in here.
I saw that video too and thought that person was sure changing direction a lot. Maybe because of their age they needed to go around certain land features instead of directly through, from cemetery to CS?

Well, its something the police chopper is hovering over and the news chopper has caught on their video. What the something is? I can't be sure. Only LE and the killer know. But clearly, something significant in that area. When I viewed the area in Google Earth, and on the video from the news chopper, you could see how there is a ridge around that area. Quite possible Kim Riley stood on one of those ridges and looked down at the girls just laying there. :(

I posted about this Friday night, and my post was removed for being “off-topic” :p:D!!!
[In all seriousness] we had a beautiful afternoon on Saturday, and my daughter and I took a quick drive through the park. There were many people there, and no LE presence that I could tell, but perhaps in plain clothes? Personally, I don’t think the sketch looks like BG much, but the way local LE has handled the case so far certainly makes us nervous.

At 17:37 of this video, there is what appears to be several camera flashes near the left side of the screen. I realize that this is proof of nothing. I just found it kind of interesting. I'm not sure if y'all were already aware of it. I discovered it last week when reading the u-tube comments on one of the helicopter videos. I think a comment also claimed seeing a white van in the same area, but I can't see a van.

It is kind of difficult to tell what area the flashes are coming from, but I think it is in the general area of the crime scene tape.

Again, these "camera flashes" don't really mean anything because I think it's safe to assume that "something" happened at the crime scene tape area. I just don't think I had seen the flashes before.

MOO

Oddly WRTV, Channel 6, the same MSM with the helicopter in the sky pinpoints the discovery site as far away as it could possibly be from south of the cemetery, on the very opposite far east side of RLs property.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...8.1004005404.1617656828-1428086888.1617656828
MAP: Where the two bodies of the teen girls were found near Delphi, Indiana

Rich Van Wyk
@VanwykWTHR

Just released, Indiana State Police received an anonymous donation of $100k to the Delphi reward fund, brining the total to $325k. The reward is for information leading to the arrest &conviction of those responsible for murdering Abigail Williams and Liberty German.
@WTHRcom
Every time I see a reward I wonder if it really works. The publicity probably generates more tips and I wonder if LE will see a surge from this news. I can't think of a case where someone got a reward although I wonder about a couple of cases out there.

But $325K is by far the largest I can recall outside of rewards for terrorists like Bin Laden. I can't help but think that if $200K+ didn't lead to an arrest, then $325K won't either. What I am hoping for is that surge in tips. Who knows, someone may have actually called in a tip on this guy early on and now they call back and maybe with updated info. I think of the Tara Grinstead case where a person - maybe two - called in a tip on her killer years before the arrests and LE, for whatever reason, didn't seriously follow up. The real value here may not be in the actual dollars, but the added publicity.

I agree, I’ve never believed the video to be conclusive of anything specific, although it’s been discussed a lot. We don’t know the exact time it was filmed, but in general I’ve noticed the media reporting on this case has been very tactful and respectful from the very onset IMO, perhaps due to the fact the victims were both minors. I’m guessing there was an agreement in place between WTV6 and LE in allowing them airspace to film portions of an active investigation and so who knows, the video may’ve been vetted by LE in advance to the public release.
Agree. And the video freezes several times, looking like it's editing portions of footage.

Oddly WRTV, Channel 6, the same MSM with the helicopter in the sky pinpoints the discovery site as far away as it could possibly be from south of the cemetery, on the very opposite far east side of RLs property.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...8.1004005404.1617656828-1428086888.1617656828
True.
Gray Hughes also says the DM also stated that was the discovery site.
Still the police activity is not centered there.

MOO they would block 300 on the east and park at RLs and on the dogleg of 300 after 575 to access the crime scene and recovery.

MOO these particular news reports were coming out that afternoon and just have some errors.

Still it is interesting, It would be a different thinking to get them so far along in tough terrain.

Thanks for this! This confirms my findings that I shared upthread - that the police seemed to be focusing on a spot east of the cemetery, near the creek. I show the spot in the post where I've circled the spot I believe they're at on a map upthread. I believe the map in this link is the most accurate from an official MSM source!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717