Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #132

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes much more sense to me now, this entire crime - he wanted them to cross that creek because he knew if people came looking for them, they'd be along the bridge and surrounding south side. Why on earth would they think to look along RL's side? If he killed them where the map at this link shows (which I believe is the correct body location), then he may not have had to cross back over and gone back across the bridge. HE could have left via the private drive and been picked up or had a vehicle of some sort over there. Would a 4 wheeler be super out of place there? I doubt it. https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...8.1004005404.1617656828-1428086888.1617656828

.the 6 second video is better. But I do not know how to insert it
I think it uploaded. its the 2021-04-05_19-15-01.mp4
I think he may be missing some bottom teeth but just guessing not sure

Please down load the video and save and view. Tell us if it looks like hes missing some teeth in front., Thank you.

Attachments

• 2021-04-05_19-20-28.jpg
    2021-04-05_19-20-28.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 133
  • 2021-04-05_19-20-33.jpg
    2021-04-05_19-20-33.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 2021-04-05_19-20-37.jpg
    2021-04-05_19-20-37.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 2021-04-05_19-20-42.jpg
    2021-04-05_19-20-42.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 2021-04-05_19-20-48.jpg
    2021-04-05_19-20-48.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 2021-04-05_19-20-53.jpg
    2021-04-05_19-20-53.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 2021-04-05_19-15-01.mp4
    2021-04-05_19-15-01.mp4
    495.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
This is an interesting Court ruling. Although it involves a reporter with a drone who flew it above a motor vehicle accident, the ruling indicates a crime scene (ie a police-restricted area) includes the air space up above. That makes sense to me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...me-scene-even-from-150-feet-above-police-say/
“....By contrast, here [Rivera] directed a flying object into a police-restricted area, where it proceeded to hover over the site of a major motor vehicle accident and the responding officers within it, effectively trespassing onto an active crime scene....”

It makes much more sense to me now, this entire crime - he wanted them to cross that creek because he knew if people came looking for them, they'd be along the bridge and surrounding south side. Why on earth would they think to look along RL's side? If he killed them where the map at this link shows (which I believe is the correct body location), then he may not have had to cross back over and gone back across the bridge. HE could have left via the private drive and been picked up or had a vehicle of some sort over there. Would a 4 wheeler be super out of place there? I doubt it. https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...8.1004005404.1617656828-1428086888.1617656828

Only thing is according to the topography map the land adjacent to Deer Creek in that particular location appears to be very steep, almost perpendicular.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/lidarmap-png.291332/

This is an interesting Court ruling. Although it involves a reporter with a drone who flew it above a motor vehicle accident, the ruling indicates a crime scene (ie a police-restricted area) includes the air space up above. That makes sense to me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...me-scene-even-from-150-feet-above-police-say/
“....By contrast, here [Rivera] directed a flying object into a police-restricted area, where it proceeded to hover over the site of a major motor vehicle accident and the responding officers within it, effectively trespassing onto an active crime scene....”
When Fremont County was recovering Tylee and JJ the airspace was restricted for two hours during the most sensitive time of their removal.

I was wondering if an old gravel quarry (if it exists) is located further east right near the road that turns into the driveway. But nothing indicating disturbed ground is evident on maps that I’ve noticed. Do you recall the source regarding an old gravel quarry? Wouldn’t a quarry have some sort of access even in the horse drawn wagon days? The hill down from the cemetery is extremely steep according to RL’s walk down the path.
Agree.
Not sure how wagons got down there to ford the creek either, have seen pictures of them though.

Every time I see a reward I wonder if it really works. The publicity probably generates more tips and I wonder if LE will see a surge from this news. I can't think of a case where someone got a reward although I wonder about a couple of cases out there.

But $325K is by far the largest I can recall outside of rewards for terrorists like Bin Laden. I can't help but think that if $200K+ didn't lead to an arrest, then $325K won't either. What I am hoping for is that surge in tips. Who knows, someone may have actually called in a tip on this guy early on and now they call back and maybe with updated info. I think of the Tara Grinstead case where a person - maybe two - called in a tip on her killer years before the arrests and LE, for whatever reason, didn't seriously follow up. The real value here may not be in the actual dollars, but the added publicity.

Could it mean anything that the press conference two years ago was held on the Monday after Easter and this huge increase in the reward happens today....the Monday after Easter?
A crazy thought I’m sure but what the heck, this case is crazy.

I don't want to post a screenshot of the map, but this is one of my favorite sites for research when I go metal detecting.

If you search Delphi, IN, move over to where the bridge/cemetery etc. are located, do the 'compare', select the bottom popup tab (transparency) (it's my favorite), select aerial date on the left, and then on the right, it goes back to 1960 and shows the quarry by the cemetery in all it's glory.

You can use the slider bar to move between recent aerial photo's and older aerial photos, or topo's.

It also shows the bottom land by the creek, cleared, possibly fenced for grazing cattle or something, maybe even farmed.

It is in that cleared area of bottom land that I believe the CS is located.

You can also select topo's and get a good handle on the steep sections.

Getting from the bottom land to the cemetery elevation would have been no problem back in the day.

Historic Aerials: Viewer

Agree.
Not sure how wagons got down there to ford the creek either, have seen pictures of them though.

In the “olden days” prior to environmental regulations, permits and such, my understanding is diverting the natural path of rivers and creeks was quite commonly done out of convenience. So the current Deer Creek bed may’ve been substantially altered over time.

Hello...

This is my first post on websleuths, athough I've followed many cases on here over the years.

I apologize that Im not up to date on the Abby and Libby threads you have all contributed to; <modsnip>

I
I hope everything you say here comes true!
But...after four years I don’t think he is scared at all about opening the door to a slew of police officers one morning. LE tried rattling the killer big time two years ago at the April press conference to no avail. I also don’t see how this can be a LE tactic when it was donated anonymously.
I think BG fears nothing and no one. The question is why not? I trust the FBI profilers know why...IMO

I

I think BG fears nothing and no one. The question is why not? I trust the FBI profilers know why...IMO

So...IMO I should say? I have no basis for this other than my own research and assumptions.

I think BG is both confident/proud but also scared. IMO he (I believe the suspect is male) would relish in his "accomplishment" ( ) but is also terrified to be found out. It would ruin th image he portrays. I don't think he did this before and I don't think he has done this since. I think he's blending in and eventually he will either be found, confess,......or do it again.
Again
...all IMO

So again...MOO...

I think hes full of shame.....he doesn't want anyone to know what's going on in his life. He can't let this out because he's gone way too far and it's been way too long and he fears he won't be forgiven. I do think he's sorry. But he's right that he probably won't be forgiven... on this earth anyway.

Just absolute, complete speculation....Im a sahm but this case has bothered me for so long

Just watched Dr Oz video from last thread. It's the one where DA Ives reveals the notion of there being 3 or 4 intriguing signatures, or items, at the crime scene.
item - an individual article or unit, especially one that is part of a list, collection, or set.
Synonyms:
thing · article · object · unit · module · artifact · piece · commodity ·
product · bit · element · constituent · component · ingredient

The crime scene, beginning to ending, is outdoors in an isolated but very public location; whereby, the abduction of 2 young girls, ages 13 and 14yo, with a random 50 people around the area at some point, became victims of a double homicide. All, or any part, of that's a BG signature.

Perhaps from a prosecutor's mind, having photographs of the Crime Scene to show a Jury would include the things or objects, the items and the signatures Ives' spoke of but what could they be?

Just watched Dr Oz video from last thread. It's the one where DA Ives reveals the notion of there being 3 or 4 intriguing signatures, or items, at the crime scene.
item - an individual article or unit, especially one that is part of a list, collection, or set.
Synonyms:
thing · article · object · unit · module · artifact · piece · commodity ·
product · bit · element · constituent · component · ingredient

The crime scene, beginning to ending, is outdoors in an isolated but very public location; whereby, the abduction of 2 young girls, ages 13 and 14yo, with a random 50 people around the area at some point, became victims of a double homicide. All, or any part, of that's a BG signature.

Perhaps from a prosecutor's mind, having photographs of the Crime Scene to show a Jury would include the things or objects, the items and the signatures Ives' spoke of but what could they be?
Items. I sure hope they finally get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Memez411